PDA

View Full Version : That fool better shut his mouth

DotBall
January 3, 2008, 09:24 PM
Ashraful is becoming an unique character with very little intelligence. Here is one of his quotes:
"My New Year's resolution revolves around seeing the team better its Test record and become more competitive in this form of the game," Ashraful was quoted as saying in the Tigercricket.com. "It's fair to admit that we haven't improved as expected in Tests in the last eight years."

He has been dishing out these kind of comments and promises since he took over. I rather he shuts his mouth and concentrate on the game and the team.
Talk is cheap, we want substance (improvement, hard work, intelligence, etc.) from our team and more from our captain.

Either he can't speak Bangla very well or someone is just feeding him some pre-packaged bull-crap. He is the leader and the blame will always lie with him. So, he needs stop saying those rosy things and dishing out promises of better performance. This is becoming unbearable.

Murad
January 3, 2008, 09:47 PM
calm down. this is just the first day of cricket in 2008. we have 11 more tests left..

you guys are something.

you have to open a thread to bash ash? your nick is dot balls.. so ar ki bolte pari.. you have to fill in the blanks...

Orpheus
January 3, 2008, 09:56 PM
that's actually one of the more intelligent quote I read from AShraful. I thnk your resolution should be not to open thread when you are on PMS.

DotBall
January 3, 2008, 10:11 PM
muradnyc and Orpheus I applaud your humorous comments. Your points are understoof but unfortunately you guys did not get my point. No big deal. Happy honey-moon.

oporajeyo_bangla
January 4, 2008, 12:35 AM
chill dotball... the lbw decision against ash was questionable. Also, what do you expect the captain of our national team to say, we'll lose every game we play?

cricman
January 4, 2008, 12:40 AM
http://www.united-shops.com/stuffpic/figuren/690255_259x400.jpg

lamisa
January 4, 2008, 12:49 AM
DONT BASH ASH!!!!!hez da bst captain v've ever had apart frm bulbul nd da lot but wat els iz he supposd 2 say???i dont wanna see da tam doin well,i want 2 lose evry match nd i vl do so intentionally???
JOY BANGLA

kalpurush
January 4, 2008, 12:56 AM
[বাংলা]গরিবের এই সমস্যা...সবাই পেয়ে বসে...
মটু ও পেয়ে বসেছে...:([/বাংলা]

FagunerAgun
January 4, 2008, 07:49 AM
This silly boy should be dropped from captiancy. He needs more maturity.

BanCricFan
January 4, 2008, 08:24 AM
Oh! Please, not again!

Sohel
January 4, 2008, 08:26 AM
We better shut OUR mouths and use our brains. Waiting 'til the end of the series, or at the least this match will help too.

lamisa
January 4, 2008, 10:15 AM
We better shut OUR mouths and use our brains. Waiting 'til the end of the series, or at the least this match will help too.

ecjactly:up:

Shobha
January 4, 2008, 11:25 AM
i've been noticing that a lot of fellow members have a lot of anger towards ashraful. WHY? it's not he's fault our team sucks:-|

Parisa
January 4, 2008, 11:33 AM
i've been noticing that a lot of fellow members have a lot of anger towards ashraful. WHY? it's not he's fault our team sucks:-|

keep up that attitude and we will never get anywhere

Rifat
January 4, 2008, 11:53 AM

EXACTLY! he is doing all he can, Tamim and the bowlers doing all they can to support him.

BangladeshFan
January 4, 2008, 12:19 PM

in cricket, captain is a big thing. from selection(captain has the final say in the 11) to inspiring the players, captain plays the central role.

some people individual performance deteriorate after they are made captain while some actually improve. ash is more or less the same player after being made captain. thats why we are saying whats his fault..... but in reality captain has to take blame atleast partly. But the problem is, who is better than him as captain...... the last thing we would want to see is HaBa retained back as captain.

DotBall
January 4, 2008, 12:28 PM
Let me clear what I said at the very first post. It is not about Ash's batting or captaincy. I don't know why some of you guys are reading it that way (may be you did not read the whole post and already formed your opinion).

My point is that he needs to be more thoughtful about what he says to the media and the people of Bangladesh. Talking tough and confidently and not being able to back it up will only going to hurt us. I prefer he does not paint a rosy picture but instead he puts more honesty to his statement and ask for understanding and support from the fans and management and work hard with the team. We need at least 5 more years with a lot of hard work by our cricketer to be competitive in Test cricket. Good performance of one or two sessions in any test match does not make us a competitive team.

Once again guys, this thread is not about how the team performed on the 1st day and also it is not directed to anybody personal (unfortunately "muradnyc" made some very derogatory comments without thinking much; it goes to show how he managed to write over few thousand comments)

Parisa
January 4, 2008, 12:43 PM
there will be no need for banglacricket to continue if people have such a negative attitude towards our players....

bujhee kom
January 4, 2008, 12:49 PM
ke?

damalChele
January 4, 2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.united-shops.com/stuffpic/figuren/690255_259x400.jpg

:lol: :lol: "fat basta@rd" from Austin powers..

damalChele
January 4, 2008, 01:11 PM
Ash leads a team of 11 players. He doesn't exactly bat/bowl 11 times. This ain't a one man show. He talks about positive attitude and wants to make sure that his positive message is resonated through rest of the players. If his fellow team mates can't deliver what is expected of them it's not Ash's fault. The entire team needs a well deserved bashing not just him.

And you need a "gono dholai" for opening a thread bashing our best player.

Murad
January 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
Ash leads a team of 11 players. He doesn't exactly bat/bowl 11 times. This ain't a one man show. He talks about positive attitude and wants to make sure that his positive message is resonated through rest of the players. If his fellow team mates can't deliver what is expected of them it's not Ash's fault. The entire team needs a well deserved bashing not just him.

And you need a "gono dholai" for opening a thread bashing our best player.

:-*

Rifat
January 4, 2008, 01:22 PM
Let me clear what I said at the very first post. It is not about Ash's batting or captaincy. I don't know why some of you guys are reading it that way (may be you did not read the whole post and already formed your opinion).

My point is that he needs to be more thoughtful about what he says to the media and the people of Bangladesh. Talking tough and confidently and not being able to back it up will only going to hurt us. I prefer he does not paint a rosy picture but instead he puts more honesty to his statement and ask for understanding and support from the fans and management and work hard with the team. We need at least 5 more years with a lot of hard work by our cricketer to be competitive in Test cricket. Good performance of one or two sessions in any test match does not make us a competitive team.

Once again guys, this thread is not about how the team performed on the 1st day and also it is not directed to anybody personal (unfortunately "muradnyc" made some very derogatory comments without thinking much; it goes to show how he managed to write over few thousand comments)

good stuff, let's move step by step, coach should start working on avoiding innings defeat...

this is a testing year for Bangladesh.

Ashraful should say, we will give our best we can possibly give and not look back, never lose grip...never lose hope, fight on and take the best from the situation, that is the only way we can start making an impression in professional internaitonal cricket.

Beamer
January 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the quoted comment from Ashraful, let alone admonishing him for no legitimate reason, based on that quote! Maybe, my English is not good enough to correctly interpret.

akabir77
January 4, 2008, 02:17 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the quoted comment from Ashraful, let alone admonishing him for no legitimate reason, based on that quote! Maybe, my English is not good enough to correctly interpret.

dotball bhaijan money hoy shokaley coffee khaynai and the first thing he saw was ash's comment and BANG... go to bc open a thread and ahhhhhhh shanti...:-D

DotBall
January 4, 2008, 02:23 PM
there will be no need for banglacricket to continue if people have such a negative attitude towards our players....

Do you prefere that Banglacricket should runs like a military academy?

Where did you see the negative attitude towards our players? I am only talking about the captain of our team and not even about his performance with bat and/or with ball. This thread is about his attitude, honesty and hard work. I don't need to hear crowd pleasing statement from our captain, I demand substance from our captain and with just enough statements so that he does not become a "sahittik". We can not effort to our captain pumping up a ballon and eventually burst it on everyones face.

Murad
January 4, 2008, 02:27 PM
So you are saying one should not talk about his dream?

DotBall
January 4, 2008, 02:38 PM

Nothing is wrong with your english. The part that I have problem is Ash's new year's resolution. He has played over 40 tests and over 90 ODIs and he is still a below par batsman when you look at the average (in 20s). No doubt we have seen him bat like a master batsman once in while, but he doesn't need to come out and make all those promises where he himself can not better his performance.

I like the fact that our team puts up a fight whenever we play. We might not be good today but tomorrow we will be better if we put in the hard work. Our cricket board and players are busy painting a rosy picture to rest of the world that we are good enough. Why do we need to do that? These are young players in the squad and they need to be developed into good cricketers and if it takes 10 more years I am fine with it; but I will not be fine with a jora-tali approach. What the captain of Bangladesh Cricket Team says to the media today has the reflection of the BCB and People of Bangladesh. He needs to put more thought and honesty before he speaks out.

DotBall
January 4, 2008, 02:43 PM
So you are saying one should not talk about his dream?

What is Ash's dream? Since he has taken over what positive changes you have noticed?

Please don't misinterpret, I am not implying that Ash no longer should be our captain. He is our best option, I just want him to be better and he needs to be more honest with himself.

Electrequiem
January 4, 2008, 03:04 PM
Ashraful is becoming an unique character with very little intelligence. Here is one of his quotes:
"My New Year's resolution revolves around seeing the team better its Test record and become more competitive in this form of the game," Ashraful was quoted as saying in the Tigercricket.com. "It's fair to admit that we haven't improved as expected in Tests in the last eight years."

He has been dishing out these kind of comments and promises since he took over. I rather he shuts his mouth and concentrate on the game and the team.
Talk is cheap, we want substance (improvement, hard work, intelligence, etc.) from our team and more from our captain.

Either he can't speak Bangla very well or someone is just feeding him some pre-packaged bull-crap. He is the leader and the blame will always lie with him. So, he needs stop saying those rosy things and dishing out promises of better performance. This is becoming unbearable.

What exactly about that comment did you find to be "cheap"? Maybe I am not as proficient as you in English, but I have interpreted his comments to be the following: "We haven't improved in tests, so I want to see some improvement this year and hopefully be more competitive."

I don't even see any "promises" there.

Nafi
January 4, 2008, 03:25 PM
Im finding that Bangladeshi supporters from texas are the most dense,

Not surprising, coming from the land that brought up bush

DotBall
January 4, 2008, 03:34 PM
What exactly about that comment did you find to be "cheap"? Maybe I am not as proficient as you in English, but I have interpreted his comments to be the following: "We haven't improved in tests, so I want to see some improvement this year and hopefully be more competitive."

I don't even see any "promises" there.

Please scroll up few posts and you will see an explanation (I am refereing to Ash's New Year's resoluation). Also, you have taken just a piece out of the context of my initial post.

zainab
January 4, 2008, 04:42 PM
What a beating ASH is taking because of his dreams and New Year Resolutions.

Write to the BCB to throw out Ash, either choose Nafees as some fans want, or reinstate Bashar. i always maintained that Ash was too young for captaincy, he wanted to wait until he was 25, but maybe it was forced upon him. who knows?

One World
January 4, 2008, 05:03 PM
Its not a good idea to ask the captain not to stay positive and inspire high hopes. The other scenarios could be,

1. Negative - Then we would have had this thread before a ball was bowled.
2. Indifferent - Majority fan will start look for other promising sports and die hard fans like us would be saying captain's attitude caused this downfall of cricket in popularity.

Rather I like what he said, and Electre or Beamers interpretation is sufficient enough for my intellect.

Shobha
January 4, 2008, 05:19 PM
in cricket, captain is a big thing. from selection(captain has the final say in the 11) to inspiring the players, captain plays the central role.

some people individual performance deteriorate after they are made captain while some actually improve. ash is more or less the same player after being made captain. thats why we are saying whats his fault..... but in reality captain has to take blame atleast partly. But the problem is, who is better than him as captain...... the last thing we would want to see is HaBa retained back as captain.

you've obviously havent been following him mate because everyone and i mean EVERYONE can see that he's changing in the sense that he's more sesible nowdays and more mature with his batting.
And as for "insipiring" the team, you dont know what goes on in that 'changing room' none of us do.

bdchamp20
January 4, 2008, 09:19 PM
man calm down..he said nothing wrong what do u expect him to say? My resolution is to lose all the matches? I wasnt at all happy with the idea of Ashraful as captain..coz we just endured our most succesful world cup under Bashar and fought neck and neck with India in the ODIs so I didnt know why BCB wanted a change but still I believe we must give Ash a chance..this is only his second international tour..give him a fair run as captain and after that talk about if he should continue or not, I think Ashraful should be given until Ireland home series to improve BD then the BCB should review his role as captain.

al Furqaan
January 4, 2008, 09:40 PM

1) ash is a lot smarter sounding now then couple years back.

2) he is maturing both as a batsman and as a captain.

3) what else should he say? "my new year's resolution is for BD to keep playing the way they are?"

4) his captaincy (and bowling) single handedly changed the mactch scenario today. from targetting 400+ and a declaration, NZ slumped to 357 all out.

bashar would never have gotten those results.

scoilaheez
January 5, 2008, 12:45 AM
Ash is just saying what all sportsmen say. It is the same meaningless rhetoric that I would expect of all sportsmen. If Ash is asked questions he cant just keep his mouth shut, he has to answer with something. Sometimes, you just cant win.

bhobishshot
January 5, 2008, 01:47 PM
[quote=DotBall;597818]Ashraful is becoming an unique character with very little intelligence. Here is one of his quotes:

I don't see anything wrong here. I think he is right about saying that we have not improved in test as much as we expected. I am not sure I understand what you are pointing out!:confused:

Parisa
January 5, 2008, 01:51 PM
1) ash is a lot smarter sounding now then couple years back.

2) he is maturing both as a batsman and as a captain.

3) what else should he say? "my new year's resolution is for BD to keep playing the way they are?"

4) his captaincy (and bowling) single handedly changed the mactch scenario today. from targetting 400+ and a declaration, NZ slumped to 357 all out.

bashar would never have gotten those results.

boy i agree with the last sentence mostly! its true as hell! ashraful is nothing compared to bashar.

zainab
January 7, 2008, 08:18 PM
boy i agree with the last sentence mostly! its true as hell! ashraful is nothing compared to bashar.

Are you sure? How old is Ashraful? How many months is Ashraful the captain? He inherited a team that is mentally weak, and he cannot resurrect it overnight. These young boys cannot handle pressure, it will take nearly a whole year for the standard of cricket to change for this national team. How old was Bashar when he became captain? and how many years has he been playing cricket before he became captain? Unfair to make any comparison between the two.

Give Ash a couple of years. I can see him becoming a man now, No one else can lead the team at the moment. Let's not go back to the days of Khaled Mashud and the WC 2003 debacle.

DotBall
January 7, 2008, 09:57 PM
Let me try it for the 6th time to make clear what I am trying to say. Seems like my English is definately not good enough for some of the members. Here it goes:

1. My sole point is Ash should not have to deviate from the reality to say that we are going to win next game or play to our best. No one plays competitive sports to loose, so it is implied without a word being said. As far as the new year resolution goes, I personally don't want to hear those feel good statements from our captain. Beginning of 2008 does not have anything to do with our cricket and respect in the eyes of the cricket world. Progression should be irrespective of calendar years. In the history of BD cricket no captain has been able to lift a team up to a level where we can be competitive. We need a good leader and at this point Ash is our best option. He should try to elevate his game to lift up the team. In the past, present and the way things are going in the future we will have plenty of captain doing the big talk (I am not only refering his new year resolution, but everything he said so far since the inception of his captaincy) and not being able to walk the talk.
2. Once again I don't want Ash to leave the captaincy, rather I am criticizing his method and leadership. Criticizing someone does not mean that you don't like that person or you want his head, it is a feedback process
3. I am definately not saying bring back Bashar as captain.
4. I don't believe in always talking big and falling short consistently. I rather we do the hard work and show the cricketing world the improvement to shut their mouth
5. Someone mentioned about Ash does not bat/bowl 11 times and thus not responsible for the team. Just remember Sachin bats/bowls and also captained India and did horrible as a captain. A captian is the heart of a cricket team who has to have the quality to lift up the team and lead them to destiny while he executes his cricket skills. Until we find that leader Ash is our best option and potentially he can be that person. At this point he is not that person but we will persist with him. He will have our support, encouragement, and 2 cents along the way.

jabbar
January 7, 2008, 10:16 PM
DONT BASH ASH!!!!!hez da bst captain v've ever had apart frm bulbul nd da lot but wat els iz he supposd 2 say???i dont wanna see da tam doin well,i want 2 lose evry match nd i vl do so intentionally???
JOY BANGLA

wtf?

jabbar
January 7, 2008, 10:17 PM
Let me try it for the 6th time to make clear what I am trying to say. Seems like my English is definately not good enough for some of the members. Here it goes:

1. My sole point is Ash should not have to deviate from the reality to say that we are going to win next game or play to our best. No one plays competitive sports to loose, so it is implied without a word being said. As far as the new year resolution goes, I personally don't want to hear those feel good statements from our captain. Beginning of 2008 does not have anything to do with our cricket and respect in the eyes of the cricket world. Progression should be irrespective of calendar years. In the history of BD cricket no captain has been able to lift a team up to a level where we can be competitive. We need a good leader and at this point Ash is our best option. He should try to elevate his game to lift up the team. In the past, present and the way things are going in the future we will have plenty of captain doing the big talk (I am not only refering his new year resolution, but everything he said so far since the inception of his captaincy) and not being able to walk the talk.
2. Once again I don't want Ash to leave the captaincy, rather I am criticizing his method and leadership. Criticizing someone does not mean that you don't like that person or you want his head, it is a feedback process
3. I am definately not saying bring back Bashar as captain.
4. I don't believe in always talking big and falling short consistently. I rather we do the hard work and show the cricketing world the improvement to shut their mouth
5. Someone mentioned about Ash does not bat/bowl 11 times and thus not responsible for the team. Just remember Sachin bats/bowls and also captained India and did horrible as a captain. A captian is the heart of a cricket team who has to have the quality to lift up the team and lead them to destiny while he executes his cricket skills. Until we find that leader Ash is our best option and potentially he can be that person. At this point he is not that person but we will persist with him. He will have our support, encouragement, and 2 cents along the way.

6. shut up

DotBall
January 7, 2008, 10:28 PM
6. shut up

Looks like you also fit the profile of our captain. Don't make things personal. It is a forum for people to express their thoughts, if you don't like it you can say so constructivelly.

Beamer
January 7, 2008, 10:43 PM
Dotball

I am more lost than ever. I know you have tried to convey your position, but I am having difficulty understanding what you are exactly trying to say. I still don't see anything wrong with his quote- so much a bone of contention. I will try to pay more attention to his exact words to see if this has any legs or not..

Gowza
January 7, 2008, 10:50 PM
i think what Dotball is trying to say is that ashraful says one thing but does another. he wants the team and himself to improve but he's not putting the performances on the board to show that things are improving. i do agree that ashraful should stop saying these sort of things and just go out and play cricket because it kind of makes him look silly when he says he wants to improve but shows no improvement. in saying that, it's still early in the year, this was a new years resolution right? we should wait until the end of 2008 to see whether there has been any improvement rather than just after a couple of matches.

jabbar
January 8, 2008, 01:08 AM
Looks like you also fit the profile of our captain. Don't make things personal. It is a forum for people to express their thoughts, if you don't like it you can say so constructivelly.

7. seriously

DotBall
January 8, 2008, 01:25 AM
i think what Dotball is trying to say is that ashraful says one thing but does another. he wants the team and himself to improve but he's not putting the performances on the board to show that things are improving. i do agree that ashraful should stop saying these sort of things and just go out and play cricket because it kind of makes him look silly when he says he wants to improve but shows no improvement. in saying that, it's still early in the year, this was a new years resolution right? we should wait until the end of 2008 to see whether there has been any improvement rather than just after a couple of matches.

Thanks for calrification. I agree with you. As I mentioned before I have no problem in waiting and giving him all my support. Only thing I am afraid is that if he keeps falling short of his words he will loose credibility to his teammates, BD fans, and rest of the cricket world. We might not get another Ashraful for another 10 years and that's why I want to give my feedback and remind our leader that his actions should be louder than his words. He will have all the time and opportunity if he succeeds to pour his heart out to media and fans; but that time hasn't come yet.

DotBall
January 8, 2008, 01:29 AM
7. seriously

and we all wonder why our cricketers often can not handle ordinary bowling attack, loose their patience and throw away their wicket.

Antora
January 8, 2008, 01:49 AM
ashraful is nothing compared to bashar.

Apu, you serious? Bash is probably the worst captain we have eva had.. actually wait no the worst captain we ever had was Rajin Saleh but any way my point is, Bashar is very defensive when Ash is agressive. Ash actually experiments with bowlers when Bash didnt. People say Bash is our most successful captain, i say he isnt. we didnt win all those matches because of his captaincy, we won it because of team work. The matches we lost were because of his stupid captaincy!
Ash is still young. you cant expect a 23 year old to be a captain like Gagugly or fleming were. He is still learning. Lets not Bash Ash, as someone said, its not his fault our players suck, he is putting in 100% and the rest of the team needs to as well.

cricket_king
January 8, 2008, 02:17 AM
Are you sure? How old is Ashraful? How many months is Ashraful the captain? He inherited a team that is mentally weak, and he cannot resurrect it overnight. These young boys cannot handle pressure, it will take nearly a whole year for the standard of cricket to change for this national team. How old was Bashar when he became captain? and how many years has he been playing cricket before he became captain? Unfair to make any comparison between the two.

Give Ash a couple of years. I can see him becoming a man now, No one else can lead the team at the moment. Let's not go back to the days of Khaled Mashud and the WC 2003 debacle.

Apu, you serious? Bash is probably the worst captain we have eva had.. actually wait no the worst captain we ever had was Rajin Saleh but any way my point is, Bashar is very defensive when Ash is agressive. Ash actually experiments with bowlers when Bash didnt. People say Bash is our most successful captain, i say he isnt. we didnt win all those matches because of his captaincy, we won it because of team work. The matches we lost were because of his stupid captaincy!
Ash is still young. you cant expect a 23 year old to be a captain like Gagugly or fleming were. He is still learning. Lets not Bash Ash, as someone said, its not his fault our players suck, he is putting in 100% and the rest of the team needs to as well.

You two might want to read the post Parisa was referring too before having a go at her. She meant it the other way round. Please read carefully before mindlessly having a go at members.

Antora
January 8, 2008, 02:21 AM
You two might want to read the post Parisa was referring too before having a go at her. She meant it the other way round. Please read carefully before mindlessly having a go at members.

I wasnt trying to have a go at her.. i was just saying!!! anyway.. sorry Parisa apu!

karimjay.
January 8, 2008, 06:49 AM
Oh god.

Okay I'm going to be harsh.

Ashraful is going to take risks. He's going to risk failure. Because that's the only way we'll go ahead. Thats how the world works.

Tamim made a name for himself when he danced down the pitch to Zaheer and slogged him over the boundary. He was dubbed a marauder, fearless. Now imagine if he screwed up and hit it straight to a fielder? We'd call him an idiot, a fool, and not want to see him ever again.

In the same manner; if Ashrafuls promises did pay off, we'd praise him and what not, but because the underdog couldn't get on top we're telling the 'fool to shut his mouth'.

Give him a break. Give the whole team a break. Sure look for replacements, but don't insult them if they get one thing wrong.

I'm out.

Gowza
January 8, 2008, 07:05 AM
plenty of players are aggressive without taking too many risks. the best players don't often try to hit over the infield. a batsman really doesn't need to hit many lofted shots at all. this is the problem with ashraful, he has the talent to hit boundaries along the ground and that's much safer than lofting the ball over the field. in the long run if ashraful hit more along the ground opposed to his bang bang innings of in the air shots his consistency would improve as would the teams. he can still be aggressive, just do it at the right times in the right way, it's ok to hit the occassional ball over the infield but the majority of them should be along the turf.

uss01
January 8, 2008, 11:35 AM
Yup, great analysis and totally agreed. This basically sums up our batting problem. I hope Miraz Bhai passes this blip to Rabeed Imam who will pass it to Siddons who will then pass it to Ashraful :)

Ash and most of the BD players have the talent to play more ground strokes for boundaries and for singles and two's. No need for high risk shots all the time, just occasionally. This will be specially helpful when the score is 50/2 or 75/3 or 100/4, the team can get out of the situation and still put up a good score, in either test cricket or ODI's.

plenty of players are aggressive without taking too many risks. the best players don't often try to hit over the infield. a batsman really doesn't need to hit many lofted shots at all. this is the problem with ashraful, he has the talent to hit boundaries along the ground and that's much safer than lofting the ball over the field. in the long run if ashraful hit more along the ground opposed to his bang bang innings of in the air shots his consistency would improve as would the teams. he can still be aggressive, just do it at the right times in the right way, it's ok to hit the occassional ball over the infield but the majority of them should be along the turf.

Beamer
January 8, 2008, 12:35 PM

Nicely put. That is a big problem that needs fixing with Ash and Aftab. Contrast that to the two openers. They played aggressive, yet, the majority of scoring shots came via the ground.

DotBall
March 3, 2008, 02:41 PM
Our captain does it again. All credit goes to his predictable nature or lack of it. Look at the quotes from Daily Star below:
“Its not the pace of the wicket, it was actually the speed of the ball. Wickets have nothing to do with it. That's a flat wicket. Even if a ball come to 120, 130kph speed, you batsmen are still overawed and play the silly shots. We have got to address the issue. There is not too many players around with 150kph speed and Dale Steyn is one who basically destroyed us,” he added.

“I have definitely seen some improvement in the way we went for our business. We pushed them in the first Test, we were only five wickets away from winning a Test match against South Africa, which is pretty good. Still we are playing some silly shots outside the off-stump and I think that is the only area that we are really lacking,” he added.

“Players don't get exposed in our national league, in our premier league. You guys have seen how we are training at the moment. You have got to give them some time,” he said.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p>
<font color=" /><o:p></o:p>
<FONT color=black>He has no clue and lacks serious sincerity (honesty). He has great skills with a bat on his but as a leader of a struggling team he has no vision and obviously not the right message for the team and the world. In contrast this is what Jamie said:
<FONT color=black><o:p></o:p>
<FONT color=black><o:p></o:p>
<FONT color=blue>“We saw very good cricket from ffice:smarttags

<FONT color=#f0000f size=3 Roman? New Times><FONT color=black>Last two test series (4 tests) he didn't even lead from the front. If he is to lead this team going forward he needs to start being honest to himself and his teammates and show the result (improvements) on the board. I as a fan want to see character, vision and strength in our national captain not delusions. If the fans start loosing interest in our cricket, the money will dry up, we will loose our test status, and it will be a downhill from there on.

ammark
March 3, 2008, 03:10 PM
“Its not the pace of the wicket, it was actually the speed of the ball. Wickets have nothing to do with it. That's a flat wicket. Even if a ball come to 120, 130kph speed, you batsmen are still overawed and play the silly shots. We have got to address the issue. There is not too many players around with 150kph speed and Dale Steyn is one who basically destroyed us,” he added.

“I have definitely seen some improvement in the way we went for our business. We pushed them in the first Test, we were only five wickets away from winning a Test match against South Africa, which is pretty good. Still we are playing some silly shots outside the off-stump and I think that is the only area that we are really lacking,” he added.

“Players don't get exposed in our national league, in our premier league. You guys have seen how we are training at the moment. You have got to give them some time,” he said.

He has no clue and lacks serious sincerity (honesty). He has great skills with a bat on his but as a leader of a struggling team he has no vision and obviously not the right message for the team and the world. In contrast this is what Jamie said: .....

The way I understood it, the parts you've quoted were said by Siddons, not Ashraful. I can agree with Siddons POV.

http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=25998

Fazal
March 3, 2008, 03:35 PM

So ....can we speak now?

Now tell me what you think? We should continue to keep our mouth shut or Ash should? :-D

JonBain
March 3, 2008, 03:50 PM
I think you should tell me why you guys NEVER mention your fielding. Was it that good?

akabir77
March 3, 2008, 04:46 PM
ato din haba amader chamra bachaisey now there is no one to do the same...