PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to....

abu2abu
January 4, 2008, 09:00 AM
I've recently been looking at some of the old BD players, who are relatively young but have disappeared, aparently off the face of the earth.

For example does anyone know what happened to Musaddek Hussain?:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55993.html

Tigers_eye
January 4, 2008, 09:45 AM
Cricket is a passion. It is also a livelihood for professional cricketers. If you can't make enough money then .... Just guessing!!

Omio
January 4, 2008, 09:58 AM
Mussadek hossen Falu..

abu2abu
January 4, 2008, 10:07 AM
Tiger's_eye you're probably right. he's probably living in the US or UK now....

But this guy played for Bangladesh A in 2001-02, so he must have been fairly good:

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/2001-02/WI_LOCAL/BUSTA/SCORECARDS/R06/WWD_BDESH-A_BUSTA_01-04MAR2002.html

Any other players from the past people are wondering about?

abu2abu
January 4, 2008, 10:10 AM
This is the match report:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/118558.html

He got a five-for. Maybe Tushar imran (man of the match) knows what his old mate is up to these days...

nobody
January 5, 2008, 08:13 AM
would you please care to name the player. To lazy to open the url and wasting precious bandwidth

Bengaliprince176
January 5, 2008, 08:17 AM
there was a thread earlier about old players who dissapeared, as i once asked a few months back about Bikash Ranjan Das, who played in the inagural test in 2000. maybe some of the mods can find it for u

abu2abu
January 6, 2008, 07:31 AM
Bengaliprince, I was referring to Musaddek Hussain.

As for Ranjan Das, as I understand it he's changed his name (i think he became a Muslim) and that may be why people don't know what happened to him...

bdchamp20
January 6, 2008, 08:03 AM
Shahriar Hossain Biddut, the former Bangladesh opener has now got a job but he still features for Dhaka Div. although he is not a regular, he lives in Narayanganj as well and I see him around but he has really lost his ability after that fatal injury in the Asia Cup and he tells me he is looking to go abroad to the Middle East as he doesn't see him making a return in Bangladesh colours, btw what happened to that wicket-keeper who use to play when Mashud was injured or rested, I think his name was Selim something does he still play?

Rabz
January 6, 2008, 12:55 PM
....they have fallen thru the phase of time...

MarvinDaMartian
January 6, 2008, 03:08 PM
btw what happened to that wicket-keeper who use to play when Mashud was injured or rested, I think his name was Selim something does he still play?

Mohammad Selim still plays for Khulna Div.

There ws another wicket keeper Anwar Hossain who played one test for BD against the West Indies in 2002 ( scored 2 and 12). He is an opening batsman. He is now playing for Dhaka div.

abu2abu
January 7, 2008, 06:56 AM
there was a thread earlier about old players who dissapeared, as i once asked a few months back about Bikash Ranjan Das, who played in the inagural test in 2000. maybe some of the mods can find it for u

Thanks benagliprince, i'll have a look...

Shobha
January 7, 2008, 07:03 AM
what happend to oppi (mehrab hossain)

abu2abu
January 7, 2008, 08:55 AM
still plays for dhak divisionapparently:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/match/314108.html

bdchamp20
January 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
Mohammad Selim still plays for Khulna Div.

There ws another wicket keeper Anwar Hossain who played one test for BD against the West Indies in 2002 ( scored 2 and 12). He is an opening batsman. He is now playing for Dhaka div.
Oh, so thats the same Selim I thought they were different

Rabz
January 7, 2008, 11:37 AM
what happend to oppi (mehrab hossain)

still upto his old tricks...

and yes.. he plays for Dhaka division, but only after playing in the "discarded league" and after the national team players left for NZ.

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 12:12 PM
Bengaliprince, I was referring to Musaddek Hussain.

As for Ranjan Das, as I understand it he's changed his name (i think he became a Muslim) and that may be why people don't know what happened to him...

I think he is still in bangladesh as couple of days back prothom-alo interviewed him as a pacer from the first test. But didn't sounded like he is playing anymore. but may he is i am not sure about that part.

Bengaliprince176
January 7, 2008, 12:27 PM
was looking at sum old matches in 98 season, what happened to Amin Ul Islam and Akram Khan, i understand they retired lol but what are they doing nowadays as a profession, is Akram Khan the same commentator?

abu2abu
January 7, 2008, 02:36 PM
isn't akram khan a selector now?

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 03:00 PM
was looking at sum old matches in 98 season, what happened to Amin Ul Islam and Akram Khan, i understand they retired lol but what are they doing nowadays as a profession, is Akram Khan the same commentator?

Akram khan is a selector. and BTW he is uncle of Tamim and Nafis Iqbal.

Anyway Bulbul finsihed his coaching studies from australia as a level 2 i think while he was coaching and playing with an aussie club(may not be a level 1 club). anyway he is hired by acc now and coaching chines people how to play cricket.

Bengaliprince176
January 7, 2008, 04:09 PM

Anyway Bulbul finsihed his coaching studies from australia as a level 2 i think while he was coaching and playing with an aussie club(may not be a level 1 club). anyway he is hired by acc now and coaching chines people how to play cricket.

o wicked thanks bro!

Sovik
January 9, 2008, 10:53 AM

may be we will see some shaolin cricket

akabir77
January 9, 2008, 11:12 AM
may be we will see some shaolin cricket

Commentators: ok batsmen has taken their position, umps too but where r the fielders?

Oh we see some flying people with black ninja dress entering the stadium from the top of the stadium. and they have taken their position. ok the chines team is now ready to bowl.

ok add to this...

Sovik
January 9, 2008, 11:21 AM
Commentators: ok batsmen has taken their position, umps too but where r the fielders?

Oh we see some flying people with black ninja dress entering the stadium from the top of the stadium. and they have taken their position. ok the chines team is now ready to bowl.

ok add to this...

they will give the proper meaning to Chinese cut.

abu2abu
January 9, 2008, 02:53 PM
Ah, and won't the bowling be predictable as all the bowlers are "chinamen"?...

MarvinDaMartian
January 13, 2008, 06:22 AM
I think BCB should really look at players like Hannan Sarkar and try to help them become a force again to get into the national team. Al-Shahriar Rokon, Alok Kapali are some other players.

gunda
January 13, 2008, 12:44 PM
What happend to TAPASH BASHIYA?? is he still playing?:lol:

gunda
January 13, 2008, 12:47 PM

Those were the good old days.. watching aminul islam the captain bat was great.:flag:

abu2abu
January 13, 2008, 05:03 PM
Whatever happened to minhajul abedin?

akabir77
January 14, 2008, 11:14 AM
he is batting coach of one of the teams (u-some thing or academy) he was also the Chittagong teams coach last year(i am not sure about this year). Also he was working to open his own academy in Chittagong.

DJ Sahastra
January 14, 2008, 11:18 AM
What happend to TAPASH BASHIYA?? is he still playing?:lol:

Taposh has been seen doing weights in the local gym :).

We'll soon see Taposh-Gunda.

abu2abu
January 27, 2008, 12:24 PM
Right, talking of sylhetis what ever happened to Nasirul Alam Nahid? I know he didn't play for BD, but he did play for some representative sides against the touring aussie academy. I think he is rajin saleh's older brother...