PDA

View Full Version : Playing to the best of your ability - Do Bangladesh players have it in them?

Mav
January 4, 2008, 01:27 PM
I think this is a key role that is lacking in the mindset of Bangladeshi players. In every match, they have to have this mindset that - i am going to play for the best of my ability and fitness for my country.

I believe talent is there, just a bit of commitment is necessary.

Nafi
January 4, 2008, 02:21 PM
If bangladesh team played the best of our ability then we would win every match, thrash all opposition and whitewash the australians in a test series in their own backyard.

So asking the players to play best to their ability, is ASKING FAR TOO MUCH.

Mav
January 4, 2008, 02:37 PM
If bangladesh team played the best of our ability then we would win every match, thrash all opposition and whitewash the australians in a test series in their own backyard.

So asking the players to play best to their ability, is ASKING FAR TOO MUCH.

Are you making a joke?
Even if our players play to best of their ability, there is no way Bangladesh will win almost every match. But we will become competitive and will do better in ODIs' and test series.

Rifat
January 4, 2008, 03:04 PM
i agree with Mav,you see players get paid decent if they can survive in the national squad... they do not feel, they do not feel the strong mentality of being logically sound, they just play and when they think they have done good, they quit/stop trying their best , it is a selfish attitude and it must stop!

Nafi
January 4, 2008, 03:16 PM
Are you making a joke?
Even if our players play to best of their ability, there is no way Bangladesh will win almost every match. But we will become competitive and will do better in ODIs' and test series.

Do I look like I'm making a joke do you a see :lol: smiley?

I think it is CLEAR you do not understand

A)best our players' abilities

or

B) the term best of their abilities

So why are you raising a topic that you do not understand, that is the real question

Dhakablues
January 4, 2008, 04:33 PM
The question was never about the ability,, because in a given day, Bangladesh can beat Austraia, India, Srilanka and whoever. The question was do we really beleive in what we can do and apply that belief into execution. Our execution has been the issue. We take Test/ODI hattricks, we score centuries, we bowl out oppositions,, we do everything other test nation can do,,,, but dont do it frequent enough or do it with conviction or get a chance to better ourselves. You make one mistake, you are out of the team if you are Mehrab/Tusher/Nazmul/Alok. We have Aftab/Ashraful who can blow away any opposition but would not realize the value of his wickets.

So yes,, if any team applied their best of skills,, they would be world beaters like Australia. But to become that, you need to breed a culture where excellence is promoted, patience is respected and strategy is valued. Unfortunately, we dont ahve that,,, so unless you are a flambouyant, aggressive batsman, you dont make it to the team. If you were once in the national team but failed few times,, you are considered a Rokon. The bottom line: Yes, we have the ability and all the major cricket thinkers have said that many times,, but we dont apply ourselves frequently enough to make ourselves a worthy competitor.. neither the players nor the board.