PDA

View Full Version : Tamim and Junayed can cross Ashraful

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 12:41 AM
Since we all know that our best and world class batsman is ashraful.However, if tamim and junayed keep their form. the world will know about these two talented players. Cricket fans can declare them the best batsman of bangladesh.I am afraid with ashraful that somtimes he scores 80 or 100 then in next match he scores 5, 6, or 0. if bd team found more talented and determined players than ash.. then there will be a tough competition. what you think?

DJ Sahastra
January 5, 2008, 12:43 AM
Okay, i request that these players not be jinxed. :)

Murad
January 5, 2008, 12:50 AM
If the openers consistently play well, then you will see a new Ashraful. He will see him consistently playing good knocks. Most of the time he came to the crease with too much pressure upon him. 50/3 60/4...so on.. so what would've he done at that moment.. He's just another kid with a bit more experience....

I hope the Openers keep up the good work for the rest of their career. THen the middle order collapse will be end eventually.

I think if the top 3 players play well, and then if Ashraful can play without feeling any pressure, then he will score a lot of century. Inshallah. I hope he does.

lamisa
January 5, 2008, 01:00 AM
i kno de r seriously talented but giv dem sum more time b4 de can b compard wid ash.

tiger_army
January 5, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well Ash is Ash..........

His Strokes are Uniques......He is a real entataininer......
i love to see his all kinds of shots around the ground, his pull is world class, i think better then Ricki pontings pull's..And his scoope paddles.....oh God...its like im eating Kacchi biriyani with jhal borhani.....yammy

Rabz
January 5, 2008, 01:10 AM
Since we all know that our best and world class batsman is ashraful.However, if tamim and junayed keep their form. the world will know about these two talented players. Cricket fans can declare them the best batsman of bangladesh.I am afraid with ashraful that somtimes he scores 80 or 100 then in next match he scores 5, 6, or 0. if bd team found more talented and determined players than ash.. then there will be a tough competition. what you think?

If the openers consistently play well, then you will see a new Ashraful. He will see him consistently playing good knocks. Most of the time he came to the crease with too much pressure upon him. 50/3 60/4...so on.. so what would've he done at that moment.. He's just another kid with a bit more experience....

I hope the Openers keep up the good work for the rest of their career. THen the middle order collapse will be end eventually.

I think if the top 3 players play well, and then if Ashraful can play without feeling any pressure, then he will score a lot of century. Inshallah. I hope he does.

Too many iffy's ....

One good knock doesnt make you Ash.

cricket_king
January 5, 2008, 01:12 AM
Ashraful is miles ahead of any Bangladeshi batsman. He is in a league of his own. Don't bother comparing him to anyone else in the team just yet.

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 01:19 AM
bro i'm talking about best batsman in bd.. you know ashraful is.. but what if he is not in form in most of the matches.. what if other debutant players get in the team and shows their best effort. so whom you gonna pick? A world class player with scoring 20's or a player scoring 40's in every match?

tiger_army
January 5, 2008, 01:22 AM
The batting of Ash meets the ISO standard and his scoop paddle has got the <SUP>TM</SUP> sign on it......

how many bd batsman hold these?????

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 01:26 AM
Again you guys are mistaken. It's not about technique and all those stuff. That's not the point.

billah
January 5, 2008, 01:29 AM

You've said it, dude. Time & time, we've seen that. After our fateful first tour of Australia, Ponting & co thought that only guy that knew how to bat was Rajin Saleh.

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 01:37 AM
okay lets predict that ashraful is not the captain, but he is in the squad. the whole team players is in good form except ashraful. recently he had a bad series. selectors found a replacement for ashraful. the new player is in full confidense and plays better cricket then ashraful [lets predict]. now the team is balanced and wining most of the matches regularly. ashraful played NCL and back into the form.So, will he get a chance?

rainmaniac
January 5, 2008, 01:45 AM
dont compare them to ash after seeing only one brilliant performance...
ash was always there when we needed him..
he is almost uncomparable..

tiger_army
January 5, 2008, 01:48 AM
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Detail.aspx?axd=DetailPaging.Search|1&axs=0|78785000%2c78784999%2c78784929%2c78784928%2c 78784926%2c78784925%2c78784911%2c78784910%2c787849 06%2c78784905%2c78784903%2c78784902%2c78784901%2c7 8784900%2c78784351%2c78784350%2c78784348%2c7878434 6%2c78784345%2c78784344%2c78784343%2c78784342%2c78 784341%2c78784339%2c78767826%2c78767825%2c78767824 %2c78767823%2c78767822%2c78767821%2c78767820%2c787 67818%2c78767783%2c78767781%2c78767779%2c78767774% 2c78767773%2c78767772%2c78767771%2c78767770%2c7875 7986%2c78757985%2c78757984%2c78757980%2c78757979%2 c78757978%2c78757975%2c78757974%2c78757973%2c78757 968%2c78757967%2c78757964%2c78757946%2c78757063%2c 78757059%2c78757053%2c78757052%2c78757049%2c787570 48%2c78757047|0&id=78784906

Job well done

amra_korbo_joy
January 5, 2008, 01:52 AM
Ashraful is a top-class player,at the same lavel with Sachin, Lara, Inzamam ul haq,etc.. Other players might have better average, but look at closely how he handles top class bowler, then judge him. just wait for few more days, Insha allah, his average will also improve.

scoilaheez
January 5, 2008, 02:02 AM
Ash is a good player but should not be our benchmark. We need to produce batsmen who have the potential to avg. 40+ and Tamim especially is certainly one of those

roc
January 5, 2008, 02:18 AM
[quote=djnaved;601115]okay lets predict that ashraful is not the captain, but he is in the squad. the whole team players is in good form except ashraful. recently he had a bad series. selectors found a replacement for ashraful. the new player is in full confidense and plays better cricket then ashraful [lets predict]. now the team is balanced and wining most of the matches regularly. ashraful played NCL and back into t
he form.So, will he get a chance?[/quot
you can not replace ash, just like u cant replace lara or tendulkar

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 02:18 AM
dont compare them to ash after seeing only one brilliant performance...
ash was always there when we needed him..
he is almost uncomparable..

bro, i think you should read this part again:

if tamim and junayed keep their form. the world will know about these two talented players. Cricket fans can declare them the best batsman of bangladesh.I am afraid with ashraful that somtimes he scores 80 or 100 then in next match he scores 5, 6, or 0

it's not only the problem with ashraful it's also with other players of national team. you see now most aussie great players leave their spot beacuse other's are doing better performance. Like, gillespie,tom moodie, paul rifel, michel bevan, bracken,damien fleming,the wagh brothers, etc. darrel leman was called the best batsman of aussie team during 1990's.. now what he's playing no more.

akkel
January 5, 2008, 02:34 AM
Well .... Ashraful is Ashraful ...... though he is not very consistent with his form but still even his enemy will graciouly accept him as not only the best batsman of Bangladesh but also the top class batsman in the cricket world. He is the only person who can be compared with Sachin tendulker or Ricky ponting.
As per Tamim and Junaed ..... both are very impressive but no way can be even closer to ashraful ..... at least not right now ..... Ashraful's batting is amazing, shots are unparagoned .......

nobody
January 5, 2008, 02:37 AM
I seconded. Guys chilled down

Electrequiem
January 5, 2008, 02:38 AM
Bangali-ra ektu-tei beshi khushi hoye jai...:D

Chill guys, lets watch how the remaining 3 days go.

Peace.

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 02:43 AM
koi ashraful r koi ricki ponting, shachin

ashraful have the top class batting style like shachin
but ashraful don't have the top class batting average like shachin or ponting

cricket_king
January 5, 2008, 02:51 AM
bro i'm talking about best batsman in bd.. you know ashraful is.. but what if he is not in form in most of the matches.. what if other debutant players get in the team and shows their best effort. so whom you gonna pick? A world class player with scoring 20's or a player scoring 40's in every match?

Mate this is one rare glimpse of solid batting. We have these rare little flickers....obviously I hope this continues. The point is, you can't choose anyone else over a match-winner like Ashraful. It's a crime.

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 03:10 AM
yeah it's a crime when ashraful is having a good form and ashraful get kicked out for no reason. it's not a crime when ashraful is not in a good form, and ashraful get kicked out for a reason. that's what i meant. you see irfan pathan's test batting average is more than ashraful's average. so if i was a selector, whom i gonna pick for the test match?

Shaan
January 5, 2008, 03:15 AM
Just went to see score board from Cricinfo, oh my God felt like seeing daydream, couldn't believe first few seconds its our boys gave the best stand ever. Thats the way it should go! Love those boys!!

wiseshah
January 5, 2008, 03:18 AM

actually most of u guys are reading the quote wrongly.

yes naved, i agree, it will be a tough competition and which will be healthy for Bd cricket. always better to compare with the team's best batsman and try to follow him. ashraful is the best batsman and we need more batsman like him, hopefully this two new kid will fill up the gap. so one day we will act like aussie.

Hatebreed
January 5, 2008, 03:33 AM

I think you have a keen grasp of the obvious. Talented competition would be great, but talent without consistency is nothing, which most of our players seem to struggle with. Now unless we have unearthed a holy grail of consistent and talented players, the focus of attention should to improve the root of the breeding ground of this talent, i.e. our domestic cricket.

akkel
January 5, 2008, 04:03 AM
koi ashraful r koi ricki ponting, shachin

ashraful have the top class batting style like shachin
but ashraful don't have the top class batting average like shachin or ponting

Dude ...... Again you r missing the point ..... i dont think i mentioned any where about the batting avg of ponting or sachin .... i just said can be compared with them and you admit
"ashraful have the top class batting style like shachin" ---- anyway this is my last comment in this meaningless thread .........

Foozy
January 5, 2008, 04:13 AM
HAHAHA.... HAHAHAHAHA.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!
DUDE CHILL! This was just one performance...
Ash is still ash, and it will take years before anyone else can be compared to ash!
Oh what class! What style! What a match winner! What an ash! lol

But surely I would love to see more consistent as well as talented players filling in the bd team!
But ya, unless ash becomes worthless, I would always pick ash ahead of ANY Bd batsman!

Shaan
January 5, 2008, 04:36 AM
Well its a positive sign if a player start to compete against the best batsman in the team not only one player the others as well compete, thats mean we are going on the right direction of progress!!!

BD-BLAST
January 5, 2008, 06:46 AM
Ashraful is miles ahead of any Bangladeshi batsman. He is in a league of his own. Don't bother comparing him to anyone else in the team just yet.

Thats true. Bangladesh players have a fair bit to go if they want to reach his stage. If you ask anyone from England, Australia, New Zealand and the other countires who they even know from the BD team it is Ashraful.

Even though he isnt consistent but then who is in the BD team.

He has to be at this moment Bangladesh's best batsman.

But i think Tamim does has a good chance of reaching Ashraful and maybe even Aftab.

lamisa
January 5, 2008, 07:52 AM
Thats true. Bangladesh players have a fair bit to go if they want to reach his stage. If you ask anyone from England, Australia, New Zealand and the other countires who they even know from the BD team it is Ashraful.

But i think Tamim does has a good chance of reaching Ashraful and maybe even Aftab.

ECJACTLY!!!!!!:D:D:-D

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2008, 08:07 AM
Mohammad Ashraful is Mohammad Ashraful. His most beautiful shot if pull. Cricket has not produced any other batsmen who can pull like Ash.

Sohel
January 5, 2008, 08:38 AM
Gold is gold and Ash is Ash.

The best is yet to come from Mohammad Ashraful Matin. He will strart to reach his peak - as will Tamim, Zunaed and a few others - from the age of 27 and give us his best years between his 27th and 32nd birday and maybe beyond Inshallah. We're still 3 years away from when he'll just begin to peak so the BEST IS YET TO COME.

The sheer joy they'll continue to make feel or sort of numbers they'll end up with after its all said and done is a matter of speculation. But I'll bet that our jaws will drop and our hearts will soar like a hawk when the time comes.

Why?

Just think of what we felt when a 16 year old Ash announced his arrival with a ton on debut, or when his 100 against the mighty OZ made us FEEL what is possible, or his 158 NO made us dream of a better day right around the corner, or his defiant test 50 against India last year made us rediscover our spine, or his electric guidance leading us to DECISIVE victories against SA and West Indies while the whole world was watching. He is our prince and our manhood, and our glimpse into the very best we have to offer to the world when we are graced by GOD Himself.

Cricket brings us together as a people more than anything else and Ash exemplifies our potential as a people.

Is there anyone who DOES NOT expect him to score a 100 EVERYTIME he walks out to the pitch, no matter how deeply we bury that wish or how silly and unwise we may feel because of it?

NO. Why?

Just learn to listen to that voice within and remember that patience is still a virtue.

De Silva will always be De Silva no matter how or when Mahela and Sangakkara surpass him, so it may be wise NOT to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

Moshin
January 5, 2008, 08:47 AM
lets not jinx it guys, like last time every1 fot zunaed will be the next superstar of bangladesh, i then we didnt think that, now maybe we do, and this thread shows it, lets not jinx it ok.

gravitY
January 5, 2008, 10:53 AM
Ash has ability to play all kind of shots + TM scoop shot. Not quite sure about TI and ZS.

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 11:49 AM
dhur, vai ami shoja english abong banglai boltachi.. koyekjon chara keu jinshta bujtache na.. my favorite player is ashraful but what i am saying is that what if more players from NCL, under 19, A team, are competing to enter in the team. what if they accidentaly get a chance and show their best performance regularly. So, isn't be a tough competion between old players and new players.it's not only about ashraful's performance,it can be about aftab,sakib, rajin, bashar,rajjak, mashrafee. that's what i'm trying to say.

look at wiseshah's post.. he says the right thing.. that's what exactly i'm trying to say.

Shobha
January 5, 2008, 01:29 PM

Very tru, and if you listen to the post match comments from the opposition players, they're always going on about stuff like getting ash out was thier main target. even the commentators love him.

Tamim could probably reach his levels because his still got that mysteroius side to him, not sure about aftab though/:)

AsifTheManRahman
January 5, 2008, 01:32 PM
Let's not get too excited. Tamim and Zunaed have a long way to go before they can be compared to Ash. First off, they need to do what they are doing consistently (not that Ashraful is very consistent, but he's getting better).

Sovik
January 5, 2008, 04:07 PM
it will be great if the can cross ash. ashraful is also getting better. so we might have a great team in next 2-3 years

cricket_pagol
January 5, 2008, 04:30 PM
Ashraful is a match winning batsmen. A team that wins consistently needs many match winners, we are in the process of creating them in the form of Tamim, Zunaed and Shakib.

sar2005
January 5, 2008, 04:36 PM
Too early to comment. I don't mind having 6/7 'better than Ash' in the team. But as for the moment, Ash is just Ash and the best!

BD-BLAST
January 5, 2008, 04:46 PM
I think its also a good thing that the opposition think of Ashraful as thier main threat. Thats where it gives bangladesh a chance.

The India world cup 2007 match comes into mind. And out comes Tamim blazing all guns.

zainab
January 7, 2008, 10:57 AM
In this Test series, Ashraful is not a threat, the Kiwis already know his weak points,
I doubt whether he will fire as he did in SL when he made a century.
Here i am hoping that he even makes 50 runs in one innings.

cricket_king
January 8, 2008, 12:44 AM
In this Test series, Ashraful is not a threat, the Kiwis already know his weak points,
I doubt whether he will fire as he did in SL when he made a century.
Here i am hoping that he even makes 50 runs in one innings.

You're wrong. Ashraful doesn't even have a weak point. The only thing you can even consider to be his "weak point" is his own stupidity and impatience. Basically, himself. He was very disappointed after he got out playing that shot in the second innings. Don't count him out of any series. Not yet.