PDA

View Full Version : "indian ashraful" also buckled under pressure...again

al Furqaan
January 5, 2008, 10:38 PM
misery loves company...:-p

<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="603"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">7.4</td> <td width="100%">Clark to Tendulkar, OUT </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> SR Tendulkar b Clark 12 (16b 3x4 0x6) SR: 75.00 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="30">17.3</td> <td width="100%">Clark to Tendulkar, FOUR, Tendulkar leans across to one on middle stump and closes the face of the bat to play the ball behind square leg, there's no one there and the ball runs to the boundary with Clarke in hot pursuit</td></tr></tbody></table>

insideedge
January 5, 2008, 11:26 PM
Tendulkar chokes now a days, especially while batting in the second innings. But still, I do not think there are too many similarities between the two batsmen, other than that they both play the same game.

Russell2k7
January 5, 2008, 11:38 PM
Bhai plz dont compare our useless players with SRT. Our entire team combine doesn't qualify to be compared with SRT.

Tintin
January 5, 2008, 11:44 PM
If only the Bangladeshi Ashraful had a tenth of the cricketing intelligence of the Indian Ashraful ....

djnaved
January 5, 2008, 11:57 PM
based on performance, ash got no cricketing intelligence. he played more than 100 odi matches, still his average is like 23.i heard a comment from ricki ponting in interview during world cup,2007 that " Ashraful only got talent with average of 20 and he will never get a chance in any of our 1st division team.

al Furqaan
January 6, 2008, 12:34 AM
ash still turned the match around...good captaincy.

not trying to make a comparison...tho i feel ash will be a legend by the time he hangs up his bat. performance wise there ain't no comparison between SRT and anyone else, not to mention ash.

but i haven't seen anyone except SRT who looks as comfortable in any given innings as ash, or plays as many strokes as ash can, or dominate great batsmen like ash has.

IMO, and its just my opinion (which just happens to always mirror fact ;)), the only thing seperating ash from tendu-level greatness is his mental block.

again its not about performance or any other tangible trait...i mean indians shouldn't get their panties in bunch for at least a couple of reasons.

comparing BD's best to tendy as opposed to ponting, or inzy or lara is done because he (tendy) is held to be the pinacle of a great batsman. its quite an honor actually, rather than an insult.

secondly, i would never call out tamim for example as being a "bangladeshi SRT" even though his consistency is much higher than ashful. its not about just whimsically picking out a joe-blow and saying he's the next SRT.

and if one is dumb enough to think that...

Anher
January 6, 2008, 04:05 AM
based on performance, ash got no cricketing intelligence. he played more than 100 odi matches, still his average is like 23.i heard a comment from ricki ponting in interview during world cup,2007 that " Ashraful only got talent with average of 20 and he will never get a chance in any of our 1st division team.

Thats the reason they are australia and we are bangladesh cricket team. With our current team I see no chance to win a test against aussies even in their worst batting, bowling and fielding performance day. And there is also no reason to quit watching bd match. After all only cricket represents us to the world proudly.

BanCricFan
January 6, 2008, 09:07 AM
If only the Bangladeshi Ashraful had a tenth of the cricketing intelligence of the Indian Ashraful ....

Ouch!!! Bangladeshi Tendulker is still very young and learning fast. Batting for Bangladesh is lot harder than Batting for India. Put him in Indian side and see how his average goes up!

Sohel
January 6, 2008, 10:41 AM
I always though of Ash as "our Aravinda ready to happen" as it will Inshallah. Tendy is another level altogether.

Dhakablues
January 6, 2008, 11:11 AM
Comparing to Tendulkar is comparing an apple with a Boeing Airlpane. They are not at the same leauge, frequency,class or talent. Ashraful can be compared, maybe with, Steve Tikolo.. ( yeah, thats how frustrated with his inablity to apply his skills)

Nafi
January 6, 2008, 11:36 AM
Comparing to Tendulkar is comparing an apple with a Boeing Airlpane. They are not at the same leauge, frequency,class or talent. Ashraful can be compared, maybe with, Steve Tikolo.. ( yeah, thats how frustrated with his inablity to apply his skills)

sorry but you lack cricket intellect if thats your view, we are not comparing performance, we are comparing talent and class, there are few batsman that can play masterful strokes against good balls against the best bowlers of the world.

Tendy and ash are one of them

How successful would ash be if he was brought up by the domestic circuit of Australia, he would of been a star batsman of Australia, or if he was groomed in India by the best coaches that BCCI provided. That he didnt come into the crease with scores like 20/2 , 50/3, 70/4,

So dont underestimate Ash, he just lacks the application

nasimul
January 6, 2008, 11:38 AM
Ashraful can be compared, maybe with, Steve Tikolo.. ( yeah, thats how frustrated with his inablity to apply his skills)
Tikolo is much better than Ash...at least he doesnt throw his wicket like ours

Shaan
January 6, 2008, 11:49 AM
Probably Ash and Kevin peterson can be compared but not with SRT, cause than we r injustifying SRT or we r too blind to see the reality or we are bunch of ignorances!!!

Russell2k7
January 6, 2008, 11:51 AM
The only player whom I can compare with Ash would be Afridi as they play very similar. Ash avg is way too low to be compared with higher class batsman. We know he was the materials but when will he bring it out consistently?

Nafi
January 6, 2008, 11:58 AM
I cant believe you guys, you can compare the stats of Afridi and Steve Tikolo, that just really shows you dont have much understanding of the game. no offense but thats all I see

Ash's class and talent can only be compared with Tendulkar. They play in similiar style, Brian Lara is a different player (plays late with high backlift) with higher class than both, Ash and Tendy are so parallel, I would go far as saying Ash is close to him natural ability, they both bat similiarly especially that magnificent cut and cover drive they play, Ash is for me the best player of the pull

I think you guys are just really ignorant.

Ash avg is way too low to be compared with higher class batsman.

That is what an ignorant person says, numbers dont say anything when you try to define the class of a player.

Russell2k7
January 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
I cant believe you guys, you can compare the stats of Afridi and Steve Tikolo, that just really shows you dont have much understanding of the game. no offense but thats all I see

but Ash's class and talent can only be compared with Tendulkar.

I think you guys are just really ignorant.

That is what an ignorant person says, numbers dont say anything when you try to define the class of a player.
lol so let me ask you this. Who would you pick: Ashraful or Michael Clarke(Aus)?

Nafi
January 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
lol so let me ask you this. Who would you pick: Ashraful or Michael Clarke(Aus)?

this just tells me more you dont understand, of course I'll pick Michael Clarke for 1st XI, I'll put ash in the australian domestic circuit for two years, cos as Australia I can AFFORD to do that, because there's no demand for batting.

Russell2k7
January 6, 2008, 12:19 PM
this just tells me more you dont understand, of course I'll pick Michael Clarke for 1st XI, I'll put ash in the australian domestic circuit for two years, cos as Australia I can AFFORD to do that, because there's no demand for batting.

Plz I do understand. See now Ash is my fav player but I am also being honest. You answered it correctly so there you go. Case dismissed.

arafath79
January 6, 2008, 12:35 PM
Ashrafool( Ashraful, Ashar-fool or whatever his name is ) plays the cover drive and cut shot like Tendulkar but he plays those pull and hook shots according to his own style. He follows Tendulkar's technique but he should follow his batting more and coach Jimi Siddons should help him to work on his batting technique to score consistently in both ODI and Test.

djnaved
January 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
I'll put ash in the australian domestic circuit for two years, cos as Australia I can AFFORD to do that, because there's no demand for batting.

bro, they would pick sakib rather than ash.. do u know that sakib is the first bd batsman who got offer from a English county team? You can't be a batsman if you don't understand the match temperment. kenya is a far below team than bangladesh, plus they have a poor coach, but look at steve ticolo. How determined is he? He never threw his wicket, untill he stays at the crease. If he get an average of 30+ runs, than why not ashraful?

bdchamp20
January 6, 2008, 03:32 PM
I didnt know this was a fan site for Indian players, I thought it was for Bangladeshi players

rashed_va
January 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
Ashraful needs to spend some time in academia - learn some math, logic, ENGLISH, Bangla, art and etc. Just cricket, since he was 16, has hurt his brain. I still can't believe the way he gave away his wicket...

nahaz
January 6, 2008, 05:49 PM
If Ash worked as hard as Tendulkar he had every chance to be as destructive a player as Tendulkar, with a test average in the high fifties. Not saying I know he doesn't work hard, just that he has to work harder. I guess comparisons with tendulkar is also appropriate since both started playing cricket at a very early age and both arrived with a bang. He'll be in my team any day over Tikolo or Afridi. However, I do wish he had better education and a life outside cricket to fall back on. Hayden loves to cook...some of the Aussies like to fish...

zainab
January 6, 2008, 06:16 PM
When a young lad of barely 17 years old score a magical innings of over a century in his maiden test century and become the first to do so ( record has never been broken and IMO will never be broken because no country will choose a 17 yr old in their test team), then this is a classy batsman Comparing Tendulkar and Ashraful is not fair. Different backgrounds, different country, Tendulkar had much better opporunity and coaches, Ashraful had to struggle and the little guy has been playing serious cricket since he was 10 yrs old,just relying on his natural talents. He can play nearly every shot in the book, has the makings of a good batsman, but somehow lacks application. Hopefully, in the next 2 years we will see a great improvement in him.

Tigers_eye
January 6, 2008, 06:44 PM
I always though of Ash as "our Aravinda ready to happen" as it will Inshallah. Tendy is another level altogether.
Sohel bhai,
Stats, Talent, classical shots, anything and everything SRT is above Arvinda. Yet I don't know why I would still take an Arvinda over a Tendy in BD team (may be watching live in Dhaka league has something to do with it). So if Ash is to become Arvinda of BD instead of Tendy of BD, i would be more than overjoyed.

Sohel
January 6, 2008, 06:46 PM
Sohel bhai,
... Yet I don't know why I would still take an Arvinda over an Tendy in BD team (may watching live in Dhaka league has something to do with it).

So will I ... :)

BD Tigers
January 6, 2008, 06:47 PM
ajaira pechal...

al Furqaan
January 6, 2008, 06:51 PM
Sohel bhai,
Stats, Talent, classical shots, anything and everything SRT is above Arvinda. Yet I don't know why I would still take an Arvinda over an Tendy in BD team (may watching live in Dhaka league has something to do with it). So if Ash is to become Arvinda of BD instead of Tendy of BD, i would be more than overjoyed.

just as u said, SRT is above aravinda (and any other batsman ever) in any and every category.

the only reason u favor Aravinda is prolly because he won a WC whereas SRT hasn't even with plenty of support.

thats the only thing i hope ashraful will be able to surpass tendu in: winning at crunch time.

in terms of technique, defense, strokeplay, ability to dominate great bowlers ashraful is just as good as SRT. phat feat given his background. the only thing SRT smokes ash on is stats. and ash will never get there because of his slow start. but if ash can score 10,000 ODI runs and 10,000 test runs i will be ecstatic.

i think ash is already a better captain, and understands the game just as well as anyone.

he is behind only on stats (i.e actual performance). and that we all know with ash is just a mental thing. once he overcomes that, he will simply be unstoppable, as he has been occasionally in the past.

lamisa
January 7, 2008, 01:55 AM
ashraful does nt hav da patience or correct mentality 2 b sachin

deshi_evolutionz
January 7, 2008, 02:59 AM
Bhai plz dont compare our useless players with SRT. Our entire team combine doesn't qualify to be compared with SRT.

I AGREE LOL.

BD-Shardul
January 7, 2008, 03:23 AM
শুধু শুধু প্যাচাল আর গণ্ডোগল... ;)

Bengaliprince176
January 7, 2008, 12:37 PM
lol i just thought the comparison was made because they were both small..:-/ apperently Aravinda de Silva was smaller than SRT, what abt Ashraful?

al Furqaan
January 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
yes ash is smaller too...

Russell2k7
January 7, 2008, 12:53 PM
Wow Shahid Afridi has 37 avg in 46 test innings. Damn even he can play better test than our bunch.

arafath79
January 7, 2008, 03:06 PM
Ashrafool( Ashraful, Ashar-fool or whatever his name is ) shalare sokal bikal thaprano dorkar. Tahole jadi thik hoy !

Murad
January 7, 2008, 03:39 PM
Ashrafool( Ashraful, Ashar-fool or whatever his name is ) shalare sokal bikal thaprano dorkar. Tahole jadi thik hoy !

Apnar moto jei fans gulo ache..tader ke ki kora uchit doya kore ektu bolben bhai jan??

tonoy
January 7, 2008, 03:43 PM

:floor:
man you made me laugh out in the library.

Murad
January 7, 2008, 03:43 PM
shobai dekhi tendu er sathe compare korate ki mad hoye geche...

ash er jodi tendu er moto ekta team thakto..eto gulo coach thakto....taile ki hoto ekbar o ki vebhe dekhesen??

tendu jokhon prothom khelte ashchilo..or jonne koto gulo coach chilo.... retired playerra o koto help korto.. ar amader ki chilo?

ash ja shikhse shei nijei shikhse.. or mistake gulo o nijei correct korse ja parse... ash je shot gulo khele sometimes these are better than tendu's. only thing differs them is their average. nothing else.

our team never had a batting coach.and a good head coach...where india had so many of them.. batting coach thakle.. aftab bolen ash bolen aro joto player chilo shobai onek valo korto... bcb never provided anything to them...

so jodi ash er erokom shob kisu thakto.. ash er o ekhon 50+ average thakto.. poor ash...

tonoy
January 7, 2008, 03:47 PM
shobai dekhi tendu er sathe compare korate ki mad hoye geche...

ash er jodi tendu er moto ekta team thakto..eto gulo coach thakto....taile ki hoto ekbar o ki vebhe dekhesen??

tendu jokhon prothom khelte ashchilo..or jonne koto gulo coach chilo.... retired playerra o koto help korto.. ar amader ki chilo?

ash ja shikhse shei nijei shikhse.. or mistake gulo o nijei correct korse ja parse... ash je shot gulo khele sometimes these are better than tendu's. only thing differs them is their average. nothing else.

our team never had a batting coach.and a good head coach...where india had so many of them.. batting coach thakle.. aftab bolen ash bolen aro joto player chilo shobai onek valo korto... bcb never provided anything to them...

so jodi ash er erokom shob kisu thakto.. ash er o ekhon 50+ average thakto.. poor ash...

oshibidha nai, ami violin play korchi.;)

Murad
January 7, 2008, 03:52 PM
oshibidha nai, ami violin play korchi.;)

yea play korte thako tumi... deikho abar violin er tar jeno chire na jai.. pore abar ei shundor mukh-khanai kolonker daag pore jabe...:D

BANFAN
January 7, 2008, 03:54 PM
Had to open the topic to see, whi is that !! Couldn't imagine in my wildest thoughts. But I liked the attitude. Let there be a change in the thought process at least.

But if BCCI comes to know this, they might sue for 'Manhani' :-)

Dhakablues
January 7, 2008, 04:58 PM
sorry but you lack cricket intellect if thats your view, we are not comparing performance, we are comparing talent and class, there are few batsman that can play masterful strokes against good balls against the best bowlers of the world.

Tendy and ash are one of them

How successful would ash be if he was brought up by the domestic circuit of Australia, he would of been a star batsman of Australia, or if he was groomed in India by the best coaches that BCCI provided. That he didnt come into the crease with scores like 20/2 , 50/3, 70/4,

So dont underestimate Ash, he just lacks the application

You can indeed doubt my "cricket intillect" but you cannot convince anyone that Sachin Tendulkar is like Ashraful or vice versa. Heck, you can compare Ashraful with Viv Richards or even Bradman. The fact remains the same. Ability and class is not the same. Ashraful has the ability, talent but not same stature of Sachin/Ganguly/Pointing/Lara/Yusuf.... He is a powerful cricketer but not as powerful that can score 35 centuries, 11 thousand runs or change cricket world dynamics. Ashraful will always be known as the most "under-acheived" talent. Still he is the best of the best cricketer we have seen in bangladesh to date.

arafath79
January 7, 2008, 09:01 PM
Apnar moto jei fans gulo ache..tader ke ki kora uchit doya kore ektu bolben bhai jan??

Amar moto fan der k niya mathay kora nachben !!! r to kichu korar dekhtasi na !

jabbar
January 7, 2008, 09:59 PM
Ouch!!! Bangladeshi Tendulker is still very young and learning fast.

Young? Last time I heard, Ashraful's real age is 26-27. Same with Aftab and the rest of the team. Their age cheating makes them all look like youngsters, when in fact they are all "buiyra chagols".

karimjay.
January 8, 2008, 06:55 AM
Tamim looks older than 18..

Mushfiq looks his age though..

insideedge
January 8, 2008, 01:01 PM
Ouch!!! Bangladeshi Tendulker is still very young and learning fast. Batting for Bangladesh is lot harder than Batting for India. Put him in Indian side and see how his average goes up!

I do not think India or any other team will be as patient with Ashraful's inconsistency/ indiscipline. Tendulkar's best friend, Vinod Kambli, was dropped from the Indian team despite running up a test average of 50 +. Reason- he displayed indiscipline/ lack of seriousness and there were players with better discipline/ temperament waiting in the wings.