PDA

View Full Version : Bashar the unlucky victim of unsportmanship

Nafi
January 6, 2008, 07:28 AM
'The act of making the catch shall start from the time when a fielder first handles the ball and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control both over the ball and over his own movement.' [Law 32.3.I]

Three times on three seperate tests matches in one day, this rule was violated by players.

The fielder on these occasions grounded the ball before making a clean catch, this is not out, and it is rather more on the blame of players' dishonesty rather than umpires, who take the benefit of the doubt.

Sohel
January 6, 2008, 07:48 AM
He sure was. Looks like Ross "khachchor" Taylor has found a soulmate. Harsh and not a very "cricket", but neither is cheating.

That said, HaBa never looked comfortable in the middle and always looked just a delivery away from another early but PREDICTABLE dismissal, self-induced or not.

Imtiaz
January 6, 2008, 10:04 AM
Yes, the "catch" was not a catch. But that in no way makes Bashar's shot any better. Sinclair should have taken the catch in a straightforward manner. Bashar looked like a fish out of water. He was picked to deal with the short pitched bowling and he set more hearts fluttering than calming them.

Navarene
January 6, 2008, 10:20 AM
Yes, Sinclair lost his balance and tumbled eventually as the ball touched the ground with his hand still grabbing it. The catch was not taken cleanly and HaBa was judged out. For me its a blessing in disguise.

Miraz
January 6, 2008, 10:26 AM
NZ players are hardly following the spirit of Cricket.

At first Ross "Cheat" Taylor and now Mathew "Cheat" Sinclair.

Who's next?

Rubu
January 6, 2008, 10:43 AM
We need to file a formal complain. I have not seen that has been done yet. If we do not protest, it won't stop.

Imtiaz
January 6, 2008, 11:59 AM
Sadly, the Bashar Army will use this as another excuse to select him the next time as he deserves to score 3000.

No one deserves a place in the side out of sentimentality. Each position has to be earned. Not only has his standard of play dropped sharply, his attitude and the manner of his batting is moronic.

At the end of 2006 Chittagong test, he had scored 2838 runs. Today. 12 innings later, he has limped along to 2987. 149 runs from 12 innings at an average of 12.42.

As long as selection is based on past service and not on hard form or future potential, we will continue with our no gumption, no fight performanaces !

His selection for the tour was pure wrong. Nothing he has done should be surprising. Rajin will be no better. Even if he scores a 50 in the next test will not justify his selection.

Murad
January 6, 2008, 02:18 PM
Doesn't matter if he was unluck or lucky. The way he was playing, he would have been out anyways.

Sovik
January 6, 2008, 02:22 PM
it doesn't make any difference. he would have got out the very next ball. he never looked comfortable

Nafi
January 6, 2008, 02:31 PM
shouldnt matter if it was Bashar, it could of easily been ash, and has been ash before.

Murad
January 6, 2008, 02:37 PM
Sadly, the Bashar Army will use this as another excuse to select him the next time as he deserves to score 3000.

No one deserves a place in the side out of sentimentality. Each position has to be earned. Not only has his standard of play dropped sharply, his attitude and the manner of his batting is moronic.

At the end of 2006 Chittagong test, he had scored 2838 runs. Today. 12 innings later, he has limped along to 2987. 149 runs from 12 innings at an average of 12.42.

As long as selection is based on past service and not on hard form or future potential, we will continue with our no gumption, no fight performanaces !

His selection for the tour was pure wrong. Nothing he has done should be surprising. Rajin will be no better. Even if he scores a 50 in the next test will not justify his selection.

Well said. Imtiaz bhai.

He's out of form and also put pressure on the middle order by getting out so early. He shouldn't play the next match. Farhad should come in for him. Experience my foot. The way he played in the last two innings, I think my 10 yr old nephew could do even better.

Pundit
January 6, 2008, 03:15 PM

Looks like chokchoki things attract you a lot. If Rajin scores a 50, he damn well will be in my team.

Just because some players were part of a winning team, at sometime in the past, that tends to stick in our head as a bias forever. That's why we are always glossing over Aftab.

Also, Haba was given a chance, and most likely his last chance, in the hope that he turns around the corner. That most likely isn't happening. And that is unfortunate. But no need to build cases for other players around that failure.

view360
January 6, 2008, 04:08 PM
What do we have to do to make Bashar get relieved from his pain. If anyone can tell , does euthenesia exist in cricket ?

Imtiaz
January 6, 2008, 05:18 PM
Looks like chokchoki things attract you a lot.

Sorry , I am linguistically challenged !! ?? !!

rashed_va
January 6, 2008, 05:21 PM
Well said. Imtiaz bhai.

He's out of form and also put pressure on the middle order by getting out so early. He shouldn't play the next match. Farhad should come in for him. Experience my foot. The way he played in the last two innings, I think my 10 yr old nephew could do even better.

Bashar or Aftab should be sent home. Bring in Farhad. At least we get another bowler. NZ is too much for bashar and Aftab has been having a gloomy face all along as if he doesnt want to be here.

Nafi
January 6, 2008, 05:37 PM
I agree aftab is suited to test, and Bashar is a waste, he has played 50 tests, and still doesnt know how to play. Id rather invest on a player who is willing to learn, a worthwhile investment.

BD Tigers
January 6, 2008, 07:00 PM
it was good to see Athar pointing this out. whatever may be the case, even if Bashar's gets out the very next ball, the NZ shud not have cheated like that. Disappointed :(

Foozy
January 6, 2008, 11:33 PM
Oh well, its just time for him to retire. Weather he does good or not, because his time is over, and he has served his country well enough for a while now. And there seems to be no way that he can better that any further after reaching his 3k mark.

Shobha
January 7, 2008, 07:13 AM
he better score that 13 or something runs in the 2nd test to make his 3000 beacuse after that i dont think he'll ever get a chance again.

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 11:53 AM
NZ taking grounded catch, taking help of the umpairs and then their captain says why don't they bat well. you stupid moron do you know anything about fair play?