PDA

View Full Version : Siddons: I went to bed thinking the worst and the boys didn't let me down

cricman
January 6, 2008, 11:08 AM
This coach got some balls, at least he speaks the truth but damn thats harsh. Hopefully it'll pump the boys the up

Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons was at a loss to explain his side's dramatic collapse in their nine-wicket defeat by New Zealand in the first Test in Dunedin.

The Tigers capitulated from 161 without loss in their second innings to 254 all out, as the Black Caps wrapped up a comprehensive victory within three days.

Australian Siddons said: "Nobody looked in trouble until they got out, I just can't get it.

"They have to find it within themselves to wait for the bad ball and bat some time.
"I went to bed thinking the worst and the boys didn't let me down. It's what I've seen all tour, I'm still looking for the answers."
http://www.cricket.co.uk/news/siddons_slams_tame_tigers_257950.html

Dhakablues
January 6, 2008, 11:13 AM
Little did he know...Maybe, he will beg back his job at Australian Cricket!!!

Nafi
January 6, 2008, 11:31 AM
siddons can do wonders, he knows the capability of the team, there are just small issues that creates huge problems, that can be fixed in a few months, the SA series, (where we should be dominating) will be the acid test.

Imtiaz
January 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
This coach got some balls, at least he speaks the truth but damn thats harsh

http://www.cricket.co.uk/news/siddons_slams_tame_tigers_257950.html

Well said. Someone needed to say it. How long are we going to accept these rich "kids" throwing their toys out of the pram ?

DotBall
January 6, 2008, 11:36 AM
Jamie summed it up so nicely. It reminds the saying in Bangla "sukhe thakle vu-te kilai". The first order of business for new coach should to teach our boys what is consdiered a good or bad ball.

MohammedC
January 6, 2008, 11:50 AM
"They have to find it within themselves to wait for the bad ball and bat some time".

Jamie is spot on our batsmen are more than capable play a good innings. But they must learn to recognise which is a good ball and which is bad ball

Imtiaz
January 6, 2008, 12:18 PM
Siddons clearly is no Whatmore and good for it. The time has gone for all those "new at the game" excuses. Bashar has played 48 test matches. Bradman played 52. Many great players of the past did not even play 20 tests.

These incompetent, overindulged bunch of failures do not know how lucky they are that because of cricket politics they got the opportunity to play test cricket. THey surely are not taking advantage of it.

al Furqaan
January 6, 2008, 01:58 PM
its comments like that that assure me that if any man was right for the job, it was siddons.

he makes DW look like a amateur.

MarvinDaMartian
January 6, 2008, 02:34 PM
Like I said before, send the them to Azharuddin's academy. A batsman has to stay on net for two days without getting himself out.

We need this sort of training for our players.

I think JS is at a loss what to do. I am sure he will improvise something to help our batting. However, it will take long time. This is not 'small issue' that can be fixed before our next tour of SA. It has not been fixed in the last 7 years!

Murad
January 6, 2008, 02:40 PM
The positives from this Test

Mashrafe (Mortaza) led the way with his bowling. I think that’s a positive. He kept the ball in the right areas, Test cricket areas. Finding two openers who are capable of doing something like that. I think they can be a really good world class opening partnership. They’ll have their ups and downs because they are young but they are hard working. They understand the game, understand what balls to let go and they still have to score. If they get a bad ball they have to put it away.

Where the batting was going wrong

Our middle-order needs to understand that Test cricket is all about patience. They can’t hit the ball in the air too often and there are tough periods. We are letting balls go but then we can’t let enough go. We survive six overs without scoring but we are not happy to for the seventh. Today was a prime example. Getting through the first half hour, getting through (Kyle) Mills and (Jacob) Oram. Then O’Brien came on and we started getting runs but then played too many shots. We have to get through the tough periods. There’s going to be a lot of tough periods.

How much of the inconsistency trend was mental

A lot of it really. Players looking comfortable and then playing a silly shot, hitting the ball in the air and getting out these are definitely mental block and impatience. They are not understanding the game of Test cricket well enough. It starts at the top. The two opening batters have showed beautifully what can be achieved if you are patient and hit the bad balls.

On debutant openers Tamim Iqbal and Zunaed Siddique who put on a Bangladesh record stand of 161 runs

Tamim has been consistent all the way through this tour with his stroke playing. The New Zealand bowlers worked him out a little bit in the first innings but he was better in the second. I think he has definitely got a future. Zunaed is a really solid person and a solid player and he’ll get better and better. He has got one area he needs to work on and he is already addressing it and has addressed it pretty well in the second innings. It is very encouraging that a couple of openers come out of the blue and do that sort of a job. I think we can put those two aside now and worry about the next four.

Read more from TC (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=490)

FagunerAgun
January 6, 2008, 02:58 PM
Feel sorry for the coach.

Those impatient batsmen should have 7 hrs continuous batting practice daily using the bowling machines for months.

Still we need JO in place of Aftab.

Pundit
January 6, 2008, 03:05 PM
its comments like that that assure me that if any man was right for the job, it was siddons.

Why do you always have to go into a comparison mode? Can we not just let things be as they are?

Creating needless controversy seems to be in our genes.

And b4 Siddons was hired, all guns were aimed at the BCB.

Pundit
January 6, 2008, 03:06 PM
The positives from this Test

Mashrafe (Mortaza) led the way with his bowling. I think that’s a positive. He kept the ball in the right areas, Test cricket areas. Finding two openers who are capable of doing something like that. I think they can be a really good world class opening partnership. They’ll have their ups and downs because they are young but they are hard working. They understand the game, understand what balls to let go and they still have to score. If they get a bad ball they have to put it away.

Read more from TC (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=490)

There are always positives to be found. The end result is still the same though.

Russell2k7
January 6, 2008, 05:59 PM
There are always positives to be found. The end result is still the same though.

Hahah...right on.

Sohel
January 6, 2008, 06:03 PM
Love the no-nonsense approach ... :)

nsd3
January 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
Self respect is what will be tested for our batsmen in the next test - The way JS spoke about it ...let's see if our batsmen could realize that or not. It must be taken as a slap on the face if they had any self respect left in themselves.

Players have to do it themselves - the coach can only show them the way. Although some newspapers are threatening saying Siddons' rest of the period will questioned more critically if the team does it again.

Sovik
January 6, 2008, 06:24 PM
if our players struggle against mills and martin then only god know what will happen against south african quickies

abdulw11
January 6, 2008, 06:27 PM
This guy's tough.

I liiiikkke!

BD Tigers
January 6, 2008, 06:34 PM
thank God that he doesnt have any hair...:D

Sovik
January 6, 2008, 06:37 PM

he had hair though. i wonder how did he loose them

tiger_omar
January 7, 2008, 02:35 AM

:lol: If he did have hair though, he would pull them apart him after watching us bat in the first innings of the test match or even on the third day. So it's probably good for him that he's coaching our team without any hair.

BD-Shardul
January 7, 2008, 03:26 AM
Siddons Mia, please go to bed everyday thinking that your boys will let you down. :D

cricket_king
January 7, 2008, 03:56 AM
:lol: If he did have hair though, he would pull them apart him after watching us bat in the first innings of the test match or even on the third day. So it's probably good for him that he's coaching our team without any hair.

Hahaha I heard Dav Whatmore ripped off most of his hair quite frequently during his time with Bangladesh. :lol:

abu2abu
January 7, 2008, 05:00 AM
Feel sorry for the coach.

Those impatient batsmen should have 7 hrs continuous batting practice daily using the bowling machines for months.

Still we need JO in place of Aftab.

feel sorry for the coach? I don't, he gets paid to do what he does. It's the fans I feel sorry for. Team BD have let us all down. It's not our job to support the tigers, we don't get paid for it and we probably get a lot of flak from other cricket fans, but we do it our of passion...

jabbar
January 7, 2008, 05:06 AM
the SA series, (where we should be dominating) will be the acid test.

Dominating? SA? WTF??!!:-/

jabbar
January 7, 2008, 05:09 AM
These incompetent, overindulged bunch of failures do not know how lucky they are that because of cricket politics they got the opportunity to play test cricket. THey surely are not taking advantage of it.

Makes you wonder what sort of team BD could put on the park if there wasn't any cricket politics, "ghush", and the like... Maybe we ought to set the ACC and RAB on the BD cricket board and "bust some caps", as it were....

Shobha
January 7, 2008, 06:58 AM
This guy's tough.

I liiiikkke!

i like that, shows that he wont take any bullshit. i see a future with this guy, i like him:-D

Nafi
January 7, 2008, 07:54 AM
Dominating? SA? WTF??!!:-/

Its a home series right, just like Guyana conditions are VERY much in our favour. We play them on our terms not theirs.

Roni_uk
January 7, 2008, 08:34 AM
Little did he know...Maybe, he will beg back his job at Australian Cricket!!!

I would if I were him.... we are such cricketing nation who would never learn or even want to learn. Our Vice captain Mashrafee's batting in the second innings is just one of many examples of this. OK he is not a batsman but I dont think he did his duty by not even trying. Take Kumble's example who is also not a batsman but he batted superbly in both innings (in fact in both tests) knowing that he has captaincy responsibilities on his shoulder.

Haider
January 7, 2008, 08:53 AM
The # 1 priority for our coach.. is to teach our players feet movements and how to hold the bat and swing it properly. Then comes the second issue, learn good ball and bad ball. Third comes.. nothing but net session. MAke em practically sleep and eat in the batting cage. I believe then these morons gonna learn to bat. And the second priority is fielding. All of em needs like 500 fly balls to catch.. u drop one, the count starts all over again. Only then they will become professionals. And there shud be rules.. if any players don't follow the rules properly or doesn't practice as told.. they shud be fined huge money or loose a big portion of their paycheck. I think i just cooked up a good recipe for a better team.. Jamie Siddon.. u can use my formula. =)

arifur81
January 7, 2008, 08:59 AM
Bhai janera bosilam ki south africa serise ta ki cancel kor jaina, gele to ekebare ijjot thoia nangta hoiya asha lagbo ar aita ki tik hoibo. Amneyi to kunu ijjot raklona ar NZ to ijjoter faluda koira falise. :sick::sick:

betaar
January 7, 2008, 11:26 AM

However, I wonder how long this OZ arrogance will survive against our deshi ignorance of lack of professionalism without getting fired for all his ballsy comments.

Nafi
January 7, 2008, 11:29 AM
Aussie arrogance and bengali ignorance.

I see a winning combination here friends :D

Rabz
January 7, 2008, 11:33 AM
May be from next time he should think of the best only, and the boys wont certainly let him down.

zia
January 7, 2008, 11:49 AM
We are like our cricketers. No patience. Please give JS time. Don't expect a lot from him when we play SA.

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 12:31 PM
Aussie arrogance and bengali ignorance.

I see a winning combination here friends :D

PRICELESS...