PDA

View Full Version : Can't hide my face from Indians and Pakistanis,

djnaved
January 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
Bro, it's a shame for me, us, and bd..:( when bangladesh scored 95 on the 3rd odi and lost the game in 6 overs, one of my paki friends told me that you guys can't play cricket. You should drop cricket and play chess.after losing the test match, one my indian classmate told me that India can beat bangladesh in 1 day test match. I was against them, but nothing happened. They were talking about everything like you guys can't bat, you guys can't bowl, you guys can't field. I told them bd will be the mst dangarous team in 4 years. And then, they were laughing at me.:(

Zunaid
January 6, 2008, 01:38 PM
Just remind them of the World Cup.

Orpheus
January 6, 2008, 01:40 PM
awwwww

Murad
January 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
Try wearing a BURQA. You sure will be able to hide your face with it...

arafath79
January 6, 2008, 01:55 PM

:lol:hahahaaha......very funny:lol:

bulbul_fan
January 6, 2008, 01:55 PM

lol!! this was classic joke!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

al Furqaan
January 6, 2008, 01:56 PM
indians are giving a heck of a fight ot the aussies - woulda squared the series had they not cheated.

but pray tell, what have the pakis done of late that causes you to hide your face from them????

oh, wait they drew 2 tests against india on pancake wickets...woop tee woop.

Nafi
January 6, 2008, 02:19 PM
dont take stick from the pakis, ask them what the hell have they done in real cricket last year....NOTHING.

desirocker
January 6, 2008, 02:22 PM
I know how it feels man but take no words from those paks and indis, they suck big time

MarvinDaMartian
January 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
Aww, poor you. The bigger question is - who cares? BD is playing bad, so you will have to hear it.

Russell2k7
January 6, 2008, 02:27 PM
The Burqa idea is actually pretty good. However, I would laugh at the "most dangersous in 4 years" idea too.

uss01
January 6, 2008, 02:29 PM
I have also noticed that some idiotic indians and pakistanis love to critisize BD cricket. They get pleasure when BD looses badly.
By the way, you don't have to be friends with these idiots who make fun of BD cricket like that, I hope you consider that as well.

Bro, it's a shame for me, us, and bd..:( when bangladesh scored 95 on the 3rd odi and lost the game in 6 overs, one of my paki friends told me that you guys can't play cricket. You should drop cricket and play chess.after losing the test match, one my indian classmate told me that India can beat bangladesh in 1 day test match. I was against them, but nothing happened. They were talking about everything like you guys can't bat, you guys can't bowl, you guys can't field. I told them bd will be the mst dangarous team in 4 years. And then, they were laughing at me.:(

taklima_naj
January 6, 2008, 02:35 PM
I have also noticed that some idiotic indians and pakistanis love to critisize BD cricket. They get pleasure when BD looses badly.
By the way, you don't have to be friends with these idiots who make fun of BD cricket like that, I hope you consider that as well.

True

arafath79
January 6, 2008, 02:39 PM

Bangladesh has the ability to beat India and Pakinstan again and again. The time is not too far when Bangladesh will start winning the ODI and Test series against India and Pakistan. They will become one of the strongest cricket team soon. We just have to wait. Yes, that was very disappointing to see BD all out for 95 and NZ hammered BD bowlers so badly and won the game in 6 overs. That was because of the failure of BD batsmen , Mashrafe was not in a good form and Rasel was absent. Aftab is also in a bad form and I think both Mashrafe and Aftab are not 100% fit. Coach Siddons, trainer and physio should work on the Bangladeshi players fitness level and make their fitness level higher than they have now. May be they will work on their fitness after the NZ series.

FagunerAgun
January 6, 2008, 02:52 PM

I understand your precarious stiuation. Personally, I went through situations like this many times in the past, specially when BD lost to Canada.

You need to stand up against those guys, and they do it as we loose the games.
Just tell them they lost more than once to a team that can't bowl, bat and field.

Pundit
January 6, 2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah, that's right - were a burqa and hide somewhere in a hole where no man has been before.

bdchamp20
January 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
Why are u getting upset because some Indian and Paki called Bangladesh crap, the truth is Bangladesh always give India and Pakistan a fight and just laugh back when they say they can beat us in one day.

Tiger Bhai
January 6, 2008, 03:37 PM
just tell them to com n see me!! i'll show them how we the.. BC fans play cricket...:ninja:

arafath79
January 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
just tell them to com n see me!! i'll show them how we the.. BC fans play cricket...:ninja:
hahahahaha :lol:..

view360
January 6, 2008, 04:04 PM
India and Pakistan are both inch away from series whitewash in the present and upcoming series. India is already 2-0 down in Australia and if the Pakistan tour goes ahead, worst is to be seen in Pakistan at the hand of the Aussies.

It is nice to see that those two countries are now more interested in BD cricket than of their own.

One World
January 6, 2008, 04:16 PM
Read Dale Carnegie series. A lighter approach can be something like "How to hide my face for Dummies".

nsd3
January 6, 2008, 05:16 PM
It's the attitude that's needed for this kind of situation, I think. The aussies have got a damn care attitude when they play any ordinary game and don't talk much about it. You may need to grow that attitude not only for this issue but for other day to day proceedings with the anti bangladeshi mentality as well (just an opinion).

Talking too much this way might sound like a 'Naki Kanna' and might even instigate similar sarcasm from Bangladeshis as well. The 'burqa' post is an example.

nahaz
January 6, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hey!how is it I never face this kind of criticism from muy friends.A Pakistani friend even told me they celebrated in pakistan when we beat Australia. Take it like a good sport.Unless its mean...

Anyways, India couldn't even save a test match when they had to bat out two overs with 3 wickets in hand. They got out to Michael Clarke. They have sucked big time in Australia. And why couldn't they produce any great cricketers in the last six or seven years despite a population of 1 000 000 000? Bd might not be a world-class team in four years but they sure as hell will beat India and Pakistan more than any other team..say one in every 3 games..how's that for an insult?

abdulw11
January 6, 2008, 06:18 PM
Next time they laugh at you, just insult their mum.

Then get ready to start swinging when they come for you.

Show 'em how Tigers can fight. The actual animal mind, not our pussy cats.

Antora
January 6, 2008, 06:26 PM

Dude i have been in worse positions than you.
When we lost the practise match aginst pak before the T20 WC. my lankan friend came and told me her dog could win against pakistan! how do you think i felt? I was gonna have a mjor go at her but i didnt! then when Lanka lost to Pakistan she could look st me in the eye! thats how embarrassed she was. So just take a chill pill and ignore what people say. They will regret it later!

abdulw11
January 6, 2008, 06:28 PM
When we lost the practise match aginst pak before the T20 WC. my lankan friend came and told me her dog could win against pakistan! how do you think i felt? I was gonna have a mjor go at her but i didnt! then when Lanka lost to Pakistan she could look st me in the eye! thats how embarrassed she was. So just take a chill pill and ignore what people say. They will regret it later!

Should've told her to prove it.

Sovik
January 6, 2008, 06:32 PM

her dog can do wonder. did u ask her if she owns the dog or the dog owns her

BD Tigers
January 6, 2008, 06:40 PM
Just tell those indian guys, dont u remember the beating we gave u in the last WC?

Tigers_eye
January 6, 2008, 07:00 PM
" Can't hide my face from Indians and Pakistanis," - djnaved

If you can't then don't hide our face. Show it shamelessly with all 32 teeth.

Our ranking is way below theirs'. So performing less than them should not hurt.

kaisermatin
January 6, 2008, 08:16 PM
I told my Indian colleague NZ cheated.

wiseshah
January 6, 2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah, that's right - were a burqa and hide somewhere in a hole where no man has been before.

are you suggesting to accept defeat to indian and pakis?

anyway, indians are not even doing that great. they should be more shamed of because they couldnt even save the match, when they just needed to score 12 runs only and pakistani, i dont remember when they had success last time. just remind them That great match against ireland. actually just remind them last world cup, both exit at the same time with holding hands, Lol

wiseshah
January 6, 2008, 11:24 PM
anyway, who cares about Indian and pakistani. why do you even think about hiding your face? we are still a new cricket nation and whatever we have achieved thats enough but we want more success and only time will say that.

DotBall
January 6, 2008, 11:30 PM
"djnaved", it is unfortunate that you had to go through such humilation. Only one thing sparked curiosity in me and that was after all that you still refered to them as your friends. If that's just take it as a joke from your friends. Don't be too disappointed, we will get better; it will just take few more years.

Cheers :D

Antora
January 6, 2008, 11:46 PM
Should've told her to prove it.
lol i was too angry to say anything to her!!!

her dog can do wonder. did u ask her if she owns the dog or the dog owns her

lol the thing is she doesnt even have a dog and she told me her dog could beat pak and i was lyk:sick:

cricket_king
January 7, 2008, 12:23 AM
Oh brother...face the facts mate. If you lose that badly that frequently, you're bound to get some stick from arrogant pricks. It's pretty sad that you opened a thread just to have a cry about it.

wiseshah
January 7, 2008, 12:40 AM
Oh brother...face the facts mate. If you lose that badly that frequently, you're bound to get some stick from arrogant pricks. It's pretty sad that you opened a thread just to have a cry about it.

good one

lamisa
January 7, 2008, 01:40 AM
yea tell them dat da nz umpires cheat!

BD-Shardul
January 7, 2008, 03:45 AM
আমাদের খেলার পারফ্ররম্যন্সের যে অবস্থা, তাতে ত মনে হয় যে কয়েক দিন পর বোরকাও কোন কাজ হবে না। তাড়াতাড়ি ভাই ইদঁুরের গর্ত বের করেন। :( :( :(

karimjay.
January 7, 2008, 04:36 AM
It's okay for me.

At my school the indians SUCK at cricket. Like seriously, terrible.

Theres a few pakis and they're good though.

But in my group theres like ten Bangladeshis that play first grade.

Two play emerging blues, three play reps, the others either play grade or whatever.

So when an indian comes up to me and says something I ask how they can know so much abt cricket and still be so ****.

Shobha
January 7, 2008, 06:04 AM

Good to knwo that i'm not the only one who has this problem. i go to a college where indians and pakis practicly rule and the're also cricket hooligans. they usuallly critisize eachother and i dont dare to get involved incase they bring up bd!:-|

but what i usually do when this happens is remind the worldcup to the indians and remind 1971 to the pakis. it really shuts them up especially the pakis:)

Nafi
January 7, 2008, 06:46 AM
So when an indian comes up to me and says something I ask how they can know so much abt cricket and still be so ****.

Nice one, I'll use that.

sipon
January 7, 2008, 09:31 AM

yes i have same problem too but they are junior than me so thats why i beat them always .

cricman
January 7, 2008, 09:36 AM
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v72/25/74/16318175/n16318175_31755761_3871.jpg

Parisa
January 7, 2008, 09:36 AM
india and pakistan have been recognized offcially for some time now so people are used to them and know what to expect.but we are just slowly geetting recognition so people aren't fully aware of our talent.so there is absolutely no need to hide our BENGALI faces from indians and pakistanis.they are our neighbours after all...

abu2abu
January 7, 2008, 09:51 AM
It's okay for me.

At my school the indians SUCK at cricket. Like seriously, terrible.

Theres a few pakis and they're good though.

But in my group theres like ten Bangladeshis that play first grade.

Two play emerging blues, three play reps, the others either play grade or whatever.

This is realy good to hear. In England too young deshi players are devloping very well. although there are no bengalis playing county cricket at present, I'm sure there will be in the next 6 or 7 years...

Nafi
January 7, 2008, 10:08 AM
This is realy good to hear. In England too young deshi players are devloping very well. although there are no bengalis playing county cricket at present, I'm sure there will be in the next 6 or 7 years...

I play junior county cricket is that good enough?

Haider
January 7, 2008, 10:13 AM
this is pathetic. Anyone that makes fun of u.. jab em right ecross the face. If its a group.. throw a chair. IF the guy is bigger than you.. punch and run. Now if u want something more milder.. i say walk with couple of girls under ur shoulder.. and when they make fun of u cuz of cricket.. laugh back at them and say .. sorry loosers no time for gay conversation I m heading to the Library to study Morphology ;)

abu2abu
January 7, 2008, 10:33 AM
I play junior county cricket is that good enough?

that's pretty good, I'm impressed.

Who do you play for and how old ar you? I shall send you an email. Well done young man...

uss01
January 7, 2008, 10:39 AM
I like the third option the best! Who has time for idiotic indians and pakistanis when you got young ladies to impress:)

this is pathetic. Anyone that makes fun of u.. jab em right ecross the face. If its a group.. throw a chair. IF the guy is bigger than you.. punch and run. Now if u want something more milder.. i say walk with couple of girls under ur shoulder.. and when they make fun of u cuz of cricket.. laugh back at them and say .. sorry loosers no time for gay conversation I m heading to the Library to study Morphology ;)

Navarene
January 7, 2008, 10:42 AM
hahahaa....good one

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 10:48 AM
Just remind them of the World Cup.

Just tell them why they have memory like NEMO? or gold fish? DID they forgot the *** whopping they got from us in WC?

Nafi
January 7, 2008, 11:19 AM
that's pretty good, I'm impressed.

Who do you play for and how old ar you? I shall send you an email. Well done young man...

check you PM and Im 16, and thx I work hard for my acheivments.

Kabir
January 7, 2008, 11:42 AM
It's funny. Some things I don't get are:

1. Why the Indians and Paks are so arrogant about our failures in cricket?

2. Why are we such crybabies that we go around saying "mama look they're picking on me"?

3. Why people bring the '71 war, religion, and mothers/fathers in cricket?

From my experience, I have seen very few Inds/Paks (face-to-face that is) who are so arrogant about our failure in cricket. In most cases, they talk highly about our cricket. The only ones that I've seen complain so much are usually (1) illiterate, (2) hungry for picking on others, coz they get picked on often, or (3) it just tickles in their a** if they don't pick on anyone.

Parisa
January 7, 2008, 11:59 AM
pakistanis definitely don't want us to achieve higher in cricket for the '71 war.and indians are just curious about us but becuase they are highly competitive we feel threatened by them.

Bengaliprince176
January 7, 2008, 12:19 PM
lol every1 goes thru it, im sure they joking.... btw if they say anything just tell them, Ganguly, (a bengali!) is the best player at the moment and practically ruled Indian cricket!! imagine what a team of 11 Bengalis will be like after they play more matches!! :-D

lol i just love to rub it in to those Indian fans who hate Ganguly that hes the best, even though it may not be true..:confused:

al Furqaan
January 7, 2008, 12:26 PM

there is jahid ahmed. didn't play a whole lot for essex last year tho...

Bengaliprince176
January 7, 2008, 12:41 PM
there is jahid ahmed. didn't play a whole lot for essex last year tho...

Jahid Ahmed is Bengali?!?!? what?? wow i met the guy at my m8s cricket match a few years ago he was with the essex development squad at the time.

DJ Sahastra
January 8, 2008, 01:03 AM
An easy (and "winner" response) is sometimes on the lines of "Yeah, you guys are great. We still have lots to catch up".

Modesty can sometimes be very humbling. I won't be surprised if the guys just walk away feeling embarassed and ashamed.

karimjay.
January 8, 2008, 06:41 AM
Screw modesty.

When we lose we'll suck up to them... And do you expect us to be all humble when we finally win?

I attach flags to my dads car and I remember a guy in year twelve turned up in a bangla flag to school when we beat Australia.

Parisa
January 8, 2008, 07:39 AM
Screw modesty.

When we lose we'll suck up to them... And do you expect us to be all humble when we finally win?

I attach flags to my dads car and I remember a guy in year twelve turned up in a bangla flag to school when we beat Australia.

that attitude is good!

uss01
January 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
Actually that won't work, because technically the players do not have to be Bengali to be in the Bangladesh team. Heck, they could be all non-bengalis . Because although the majority of Bangladeshis are Bengalis, there are a few that are not. For example, Athar Ali Khan is actually not bengali, but he still played for Bangladesh cricket team. But at the moment I believe all players in the team are indeed Bengali.

lol every1 goes thru it, im sure they joking.... btw if they say anything just tell them, Ganguly, (a bengali!) is the best player at the moment and practically ruled Indian cricket!! imagine what a team of 11 Bengalis will be like after they play more matches!! :-D

lol i just love to rub it in to those Indian fans who hate Ganguly that hes the best, even though it may not be true..:confused:

BanCricFan
January 8, 2008, 12:15 PM
Actually that won't work, because technically the players do not have to be Bengali to be in the Bangladesh team. Heck, they could be all non-bengalis . Because although the majority of Bangladeshis are Bengalis, there are a few that are not. For example, Athar Ali Khan is actually not bengali, but he still played for Bangladesh cricket team. But at the moment I believe all players in the team are indeed Bengali.

where did you get this from?

Haider
January 8, 2008, 12:50 PM

and where exactly did u get ur info?? (unless ur in his family and know the family roots.)
The guy is a born breeded bangali and i think ur full of sh*t

Kabir
January 8, 2008, 01:22 PM
and where exactly did u get ur info?? (unless ur in his family and know the family roots.)

I think he meant his origins are not from Bangladesh. Although, that shouldn't matter...none of the Canadians are originally from Canada...but they still play for their country.

I just find it amazing though, how people decide who to call Bangladeshi and who not to!

akabir77
January 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
Ather ali mom still lives in pakistan. But he has grown up in bangladesh and lived all his life here. so i don't know why you wouldn't call him bangladeshi? most importantly he got a bangladeshi passport.

What the hell means bengali? what chakmas r not bangladeshi?

Murad
January 8, 2008, 01:28 PM
Athar Ali born in Dhaka. So how come he's not bengali?

Akram Khan's family is from bihar or something. They came to BD before the war, and stayed there since. So he's not bengali? He born in Bangladesh but his parents were not.

Murad
January 8, 2008, 01:29 PM
Ather ali mom still lives in pakistan. But he has grown up in bangladesh and lived all his life here. so i don't know why you wouldn't call him bangladeshi? most importantly he got a bangladeshi passport.

What the hell means bengali? what chakmas r not bangladeshi?

He's from a Pakistani family, who used to live in Bangladesh before the war?

akabir77
January 8, 2008, 01:40 PM
I am not 100% sure but his mom and grand parents live in pakistan that's all i know.

Kabir
January 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
I am not 100% sure but his mom and grand parents live in pakistan that's all i know.

Yes, that's what I've heard too.

But regardless, why does that make any difference? Why do we have to be so judgmental?

LateCut
January 8, 2008, 01:45 PM
Can't hide your face? Get a mask with moustache, practice accented english and try to pass as an Indian. If that does not work, take a job at one of the help centers at Bangalore and you will learn fast.

akabir77
January 8, 2008, 02:18 PM
Yes, that's what I've heard too.

But regardless, why does that make any difference? Why do we have to be so judgmental?

I asked the same Q.

Sovik
January 8, 2008, 02:51 PM
can somebody please close this stupid thread. arguments will go on and on

Parisa
January 8, 2008, 02:54 PM
just to sum it up there is absolutely NO NEED to hide ur face from indians and pakistanis.....they wouldn't hide their faces from us.......hold ur head high as a bengali.......no need to compare ourselves to them...our talents are different......

Sohel
January 8, 2008, 05:52 PM
Hiding from the Indo-Pak crowd??? I'll go ahead and and quote IanW here: -

GROW A BACKBONE.

uss01
January 8, 2008, 05:57 PM
No I am not full of sh**. I am not in his family, but I know of his background. And so do the other members of this forum (i.e. Kabir).

zia
January 8, 2008, 10:50 PM
Lowest test score (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/300702.html)

Tell your Paki and Indian friends what they have done in test cricket. Click the above link. The article reads like this "Bangladesh's 62 against Sri Lanka was depressing but there have been much worse ... here are the lowest team totals since World War Two "

You'll be proud to be Bangladeshi.

Haider
January 12, 2008, 06:50 AM
No I am not full of sh**. I am not in his family, but I know of his background. And so do the other members of this forum (i.e. Kabir).

sorry.. In that sense.. fire Athar.. put Habibul Bashar in his spot.. we need a khati bangali ... plus Athar sounds too talented to represent our dumb youngstars. Bashar would fullfill the job perfectly.. He will explain and comment things as he knows what our moronic batsmen are thinking and doing on the crease. Put Athar as a back up commentator, incase Haba starts choking on the microphone.. I'll make some calls. :onethephone:

djnaved
January 13, 2008, 12:35 AM
another bad day is wating for me:(

AsifTheManRahman
January 13, 2008, 12:41 AM
Oh man, you guys are totally mixing up the terms here. There's a mile of a difference between a Bangali and a Bangladeshi.

And Naved mia, grow up.

Murad
January 13, 2008, 12:41 AM
ki burqa ekhono kinennai??

apnar address ta den.. ami send kore dei ekta..

djnaved
January 13, 2008, 12:46 AM
New Yorker Rastai, pathaia den