PDA

View Full Version : Is there a place for such players?

bulbul_fan
January 6, 2008, 01:42 PM
guyz did u notice the way habibul bashar was playin in both the innings?
is he taking some revenge on bangladesh cicket by playing with such nonsense attitue?Fishing at every ball he face? He is infact sopiint the whole team by such nonsense batting?
I would prefer a player who wud score 20 of 60 balls than his so called cameo..!
utter rubish....In a situatin where he should have calmed down and played a positive innings , he took the different way to spoil our whole game plan which may effect othr batsman playing with him..I think he is doing it intentionaly.
he i not the old bashar who was once called banglar bradman and who played for his country.!!!
Pls remove such players in the team.!!!

view360
January 6, 2008, 04:12 PM
Bashar has just played his last test match of his career. I am not very sure if Siddons will allow Bashar to show his pathetic and sickning display any longer.

bdchamp20
January 6, 2008, 05:30 PM
Why r u attacking Bashar. Did u forget Aftabs's double ducks, Mushfiq? Ashraful, Bashar played better than all of them

Sovik
January 6, 2008, 05:35 PM
Why r u attacking Bashar. Did u forget Aftabs's double ducks, Mushfiq? Ashraful, Bashar played better than all of them

he didn't play better, he just scored more runs but that wasn't the point. after our first wicket they way he played that wasn't necessary and he is a "has been". i still have respect for him but he should retire. the problem with Sub-continent's players are, they don't know when to call it a day. he should retire with some dignity. he was the best batsman of our team some period but he has lost the ability.

Eshen
January 6, 2008, 05:54 PM
It was clear during WC'07 that Bashar lost his ability as a batsman. He overstayed in the national team so long that retiring with dignity is out of question now. Our selectors/management have to be just ruthless and leave him out of the national team.

Tigers_eye
January 6, 2008, 06:53 PM
Why one is bringing in Mushi so low? Just because he is not scoring doesn't mean he is not showing application or at least trying his best. Did you guys miss the two catches he took?

As for Bashar, Please include him in the second test. Let him get his 14 runs and be done with it. (I for one had questioned his inclusion in the WC, let alone after the WC.) Tar por BCB mashey mashey baton dibay for the next 11 months.

scoilaheez
January 6, 2008, 08:07 PM
If Bashar gets dropped who comes in? Possibly Rajin Saleh or Mehrab Hossain. At the end of the day we havent got the depth in batting and the new batsmen is likely to be just as bad.

akkel
January 6, 2008, 09:51 PM
If Bashar gets dropped who comes in? Possibly Rajin Saleh or Mehrab Hossain. At the end of the day we havent got the depth in batting and the new batsmen is likely to be just as bad.

Well mehrab is out of the squad. I prefer bashar stay as to reach the milestone. But aftab should be dropped though i dont want to and rajin should be included. As per WK we need to find more WK. Mushfiq is still not upto the level.

BD Tigers
January 6, 2008, 09:59 PM
all attacking Bashar. what abt our captain? he played a ball which is well outside of the offstump and he just did a catch practice.

Anyway, saying that Bashar playing intentionally like that to take revenge is utter rubbish. He is playing like that because he's not in form, u cud say that but please dont say he is doing that to intentionally ruining others.

akkel
January 6, 2008, 10:03 PM
all attacking Bashar. what abt our captain? he played a ball which is well outside of the offstump and he just did a catch practice.

Anyway, saying that Bashar playing intentionally like that to take revenge is utter rubbish. He is playing like that because he's not in form, u cud say that but please dont say he is doing that to intentionally ruining others.

Yup i totally agree with you ..... and as per Ash he should put more attention while he bats b/c no matter wht he is the best batsman unquestionabley in our time and he shud take more responsibilities

Eshen
January 6, 2008, 10:34 PM
Mehrab, Rajin, Nazim, Alok, Tushar, Shakib, Farhad - any of them should be able to score ten-twenty runs that Bashar scores per innings. Given proper time and exposure, atleast one of them should click and go on to be a permanent feature in the national team.

However, I like to see SN being moved up to the #3 slot (for both Test and ODI) and one of the above mentioned guys being considered for a middle order position.

Eshen
January 6, 2008, 11:52 PM
BTW, if Bashar retires now, I believe his contract with BCB will be terminated. That means he will have to give up Tk 80K monthly salary that he is supposed to get until next November. You can't expect a Bangladeshi cricketer, who is at the end of his career, to do that. So, forget about any dignified retirement.

tiger_omar
January 7, 2008, 02:23 AM
We have a lot of players to criticize, no doubt about that, but Bashar should probably not be the first one though. It should be Aftab Ahmed. Bashar also got out to a unsportsmanlike catch as well, so we should give him a bit of a break. Let him play in the next match, get his 14 runs and let it be over with.

Please stop ragging on Mushfiq as well. He had a pretty good game and was a bit unlucky to get out LBW in the second innings. He was starting to form a steady partnership with Nafees before being called out and he also did a good job keeping.

nobody
January 7, 2008, 03:29 AM
Mehrab, Rajin, Nazim, Alok, Tushar, Shakib, Farhad - any of them should be able to score ten-twenty runs that Bashar scores per innings. Given proper time and exposure, atleast one of them should click and go on to be a permanent feature in the national team.

so was Ash, Aftab. But what they have done. Bash is out of form and fighting for his career. And he still outscored Ash, Aftab combined in the test. He was at least trying to stay in pitch unlike our captain and boy wonder. I am not saying he deserve to be in the team but same stick should be applied for the others. No talented tag, no for the sake of exposure should determine whether one should be in the time. It is ultimately how many runs he scored that count. In that account he is fourth out of the six batsmen in this test alone.

BD-Shardul
January 7, 2008, 03:33 AM
Is there a place for such players?

আল্লাহর এই দুনিয়ায় কী জায়গার অভাব পড়ছে নাকি ভাই? This joker can go to Uganda, and play as a Ugandan player (after geting citizenship) to devlop their cricket. :wave:

cricket_king
January 7, 2008, 03:46 AM

আল্লাহর এই দুনিয়ায় কী জায়গার অভাব পড়ছে নাকি ভাই? This joker can go to Uganda, and play as a Ugandan player (after geting citizenship) to devlop their cricket. :wave:

It's comments like this that piss me off the most. The guy has served us for too long to deserve any of this crap. Yes, he shouldn't be in the team. But there is simply no need to make such stupid and inappropriate comments. If you don't want him in the team, then say so. Nothing more needs to be said.

BD-Shardul
January 7, 2008, 03:49 AM
It's comments like this that piss me off the most. The guy has served us for too long to deserve any of this crap. Yes, he shouldn't be in the team. But there is simply no need to make such stupid and inappropriate comments. If you don't want him in the team, then say so. Nothing more needs to be said.

Money is not all in this world. This Hablu has no self esteem. This pisses me most.

cricket_king
January 7, 2008, 03:52 AM
Money is not all in this world. This Hablu has no self esteem. This pisses me most.

How exactly did money come into this? /:)

Shaan
January 7, 2008, 03:55 AM

funny:lol::lol::lol:

Shobha
January 7, 2008, 05:55 AM
i think he's his trying to re-establish himself in the odi team again. so by playing like the way he did, he tried to prove to siddons that he's the right man but obviously his plan backfired:smug:

zainab
January 7, 2008, 06:52 AM
Bashar should be given a last chance to play here to get his 3000 runs. The pressure is on him to score these runs, because if he does not, he will definitely be out for SA series. Coach Jamie has nearly 1 month to work with the squad when they return to BD, and I feel that as an Aussie and no nonsense man, players will definitely have to perform to secure a place and still continue to perform consistently to keep their place in the team which is the way it should be, no free passes and no one is indispensable, there is always someone better who is waiting to take your place.

tiger_army
January 7, 2008, 07:21 AM
Guys give him a last chance to score another 10 runs.......Let him be the first bd cricketer ever to cross three thousand runs in any form of international game....He was our one of the best before, he brought prouds for bangladesh before(im not a big Basher fan, but this is true)....i remember those days when he was the only BD player to be in top 25 test batting ranking....i used to be proud to see Bangladesh's name in the top ranking..we learnt how to win games during his time(doesent matter how but still)..anyway guys we shud give this guy another chance......i thnk he deserves the 10 runs......wat if he scored 10 runs in the first innings and then a ton in the second!!!!!!!!!

BD-Shardul
January 7, 2008, 08:10 AM
Guys give him a last chance to score another 10 innings and then a ton in the second!!!!!!!!!

Bro, hablu mama still needs 13 more runs. OMG, that unlucky no. :(

tiger_army
January 7, 2008, 08:20 AM
oh yes its 13.......anyway its sad to see his avg is dropping down match by match.....it was going towards 40 at one tme........now its going below 30..very sad........and he is our only test batsman who has 30+ avg...(except tammy(around 76 wow) and Junayed(around 37))

arifur81
January 7, 2008, 08:31 AM

100% agree with you.

Fortuner
January 7, 2008, 10:15 AM
1stly bashard body language out there in the field is nt gud.2ndly his fielding.its bad.comin to batting..he has lost it.he is no way gona become like hw he was b4.he jst cant defend.only goes for hitting no matter wht situation the team is in..he shall retire from cricket at all i say.he has time to do so with honour..rajin shld b bak in his place...rajin will do no bad compared to him atleast..

Ahmed_B
January 7, 2008, 10:19 AM
Just a list of 2 innings runs from the top-line batsmen in Test-1:
Tamim-137
Zunaid-75
SN-44
Bashar-34
Mashrafi-32
Ash-23
Mushfiq-13
Aftab-0

[বাংলা]এবার বলেন কাকে কাকে বাদ দিতে চান।[/বাংলা] :)

Nafi
January 7, 2008, 10:27 AM
Mash throws his wicket away so easily, he is such a great striker of the ball, why cant he just apply a bit of batting temperament, and he could of scored way more valuable runs. Mushfiq needs to work on playing his defense stance on the backfoot. Instead he of defending them he should give the ball a bit of a flick to legside, this is what I do when I get stuck at the crease.

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 10:56 AM
Just like we don't have a captain to replace ash we don't have a player who can take over bashar. Yeah you can put rajin, alok, farhad and some one else who might (aftab is more talented still scores 0) score more but at the end if bashar gets his form back bd will be stronger than ever.

So i think its not us who can judge whether he is worth any to the team. let coach figure that out. he sees him all the time (practice, off field) so if he thinks oh this guy is tying hard then why not play him. if not then he can and will drop him, you guys don't have to open threads here about that.

Yasin
January 7, 2008, 11:28 AM
If its revenge he is seeking, then do what Ganguly has done. Work hard, play positive cricket and score plenty of runs. Bashar is not known to do any of the three though his cameos might actually be his keen desire to show that he can play positive cricket.

So far, tough luck

Shobha
January 7, 2008, 12:11 PM

sad isnt it:-| some people are saying he should be dropped for the second test but if you ask me i think we owe it as a country to play him and make him reach that 3000 wether it takes him 1 innings or 10 even:)

Eshen
January 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
Instead of judging players by one match, look at all the test matches played since last May. It's not that hard to see that Bashar is now a joke in international cricket (even worse than Gullu).
Just a list of 2 innings runs from the top-line batsmen in Test-1:
Tamim-137
Zunaid-75
SN-44
Bashar-34
Mashrafi-32
Ash-23
Mushfiq-13
Aftab-0

[বাংলা]এবার বলেন কাকে কাকে বাদ দিতে চান।[/বাংলা] :)

Moshin
January 7, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think he's in the team probably because he was offered money and all that, i mean the way he plays...and he manages to get nearly 3000 runs in Test Cricket... i mean for a batsman with that amount of runs and plays like he is trying to catch a fish.. really confusing???

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 02:17 PM
Instead of judging players by one match, look at all the test matches played since last May. It's not that hard to see that Bashar is now a joke in international cricket (even worse than Gullu).

Why look back only to last may? why not look back from the first TEST?

Anyway i am sure people are complaining because he is not playing up to his mark but saying he is joke please? did you see mash batting (our all rounder)...

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 02:20 PM
sad isnt it:-| some people are saying he should be dropped for the second test but if you ask me i think we owe it as a country to play him and make him reach that 3000 wether it takes him 1 innings or 10 even:)

I disagree. BD team not owned by some one. if he doesn't deserve a place i am against including him just to make those 3000 runs. But i think we don't have any player in nz tour to replace him so he will play 2nd test unless he is just sleeping around and coach thinks he is good for nothing. All i am trying to say is going by his performance from the 1st test is not enough to drop him.

KnightBD
January 7, 2008, 02:21 PM
If its revenge he is seeking, then do what Ganguly has done. Work hard, play positive cricket and score plenty of runs. Bashar is not known to do any of the three though his cameos might actually be his keen desire to show that he can play positive cricket.

So far, tough luck
Ganguly is the one who inspired Bashar not to retire. But DOING WHAT GANGULY HAS DONE!!! It like asking a fish to fly. :-p Bashar's quality is nowhere near Ganguly. I doubt even with hard work for the rest of his life, he would get his form back :-|. If he does not retire soon, he might not even get an opportunity to properly retire from cricket! He was the best captain so far, but some things have to end at some point. :umm:

Beamer
January 7, 2008, 02:34 PM
It was clear during WC'07 that Bashar lost his ability as a batsman. He overstayed in the national team so long that retiring with dignity is out of question now. Our selectors/management have to be just ruthless and leave him out of the national team.

Take a page out of Aussie selectors. If it can be dealt to the likes of Steve Waugh, Mark Tyalor and Ian Healy, what is Bashar compared to that? Nothing. Biggest mistake we make is saying he is out of form. He is not. Out of form means, there is a chance to recover the form. He just lost it. He is done. His eyes are gone. He is always late with his shots. For a player who never had good technique or solid defense, the loss of reflexes ( eye ) , will inevitably lead to sudden implosion. Thats exactly what happened to him even before the WC started. It is just painful to see a once very good batsman to be humiliated like that. He should retire on his own to salvage any integrity. If he doesn't, pull the plug off the life support.

BANFAN
January 7, 2008, 03:03 PM

I was pleased to see the amount of patience Ash has shown uncharacterstically, offcourse he needed to do more. That was an impatient shot he played.

But, basher; was stupid throughout. He didnt look to be trying at all to play with some sense. He came to be out, that was the impression i could get from him. He may be dropped, no hurt burnings. At his age, he can't be taught these things.

akabir77
January 7, 2008, 03:05 PM
Take a page out of Aussie selectors. If it can be dealt to the likes of Steve Waugh, Mark Tyalor and Ian Healy, what is Bashar compared to that? Nothing. Biggest mistake we make is saying he is out of form. He is not. Out of form means, there is a chance to recover the form. He just lost it. He is done. His eyes are gone. He is always late with his shots. For a player who never had good technique or solid defense, the loss of reflexes ( eye ) , will inevitably lead to sudden implosion. Thats exactly what happened to him even before the WC started. It is just painful to see a once very good batsman to be humiliated like that. He should retire on his own to salvage any integrity. If he doesn't, pull the plug off the life support.

I agree and i think this should be done by the coaching stuff and management. we as fans can't say from outside the field or just watching the performance cause there r other things attached to it. So I am not demanding him to be dropped but then if he gets dropped i wont mind but if he plays i would want to him to get his mr 50 name back...

Murad
January 7, 2008, 03:38 PM
Bashar is doing injustice to his Test averages. He had 35+ average last year. And after the 1st Test against NZ, its around 31.5. I think it will be around 30 after 2nd Test(if he plays).

He should have retired right after the WC 2007 from both version of the game. Now he's losing everything. He's not going to retire with honor. I don't think Siddons will play him in the SA series if he keeps failing.

AsifTheManRahman
January 7, 2008, 03:45 PM
Why one is bringing in Mushi so low? Just because he is not scoring doesn't mean he is not showing application or at least trying his best. Did you guys miss the two catches he took?

Chul chirte chirte Siddons er moto obostha howe gelo. I have no clue why Bashar was brought in in the second inning when Mushfique would have been perfect. How long do we have to wait to see him batting at a position that suits the way he plays?

Murad
January 7, 2008, 03:47 PM
Mushfique tokhon duck korto.....

Mushfique is the worst player of Fast bowling.

bulbul_fan
January 7, 2008, 04:09 PM

I thought aftab would never be gaven a chance ahead of Rajin in test ..(but afterall its coach's decision..may be he want to make a attacking team) and his dimissals were not as predictable as bashar's ...for mushfiq I wud still go with him because he is a good wicket keeper and can be future for bangladesh cricket(kamran akmal had a bad time in the recent past..but they still kept him in the team)..but I also think diman gosh should be given few chances in the Odis....

cricket_king
January 7, 2008, 11:49 PM
Mushfique tokhon duck korto.....

Mushfique is the worst player of Fast bowling.

Yeah I've noticed his vulnerability against fast bowling too. He seems to have only one scoring shot, where he just goes back and flicks the ball off the back foot to fine leg for singles. Being too defensive won't help you at all. He needs a lot more aggression in his game to be able to score runs consistently.

tiger_army
January 8, 2008, 06:42 AM

No wonder he wanted to be a filmstar, instead of cricket star....in movie once a here, teruns into a movie legend before retire......but in cricket, once a hero, becomes zero soon