PDA

View Full Version : for the first time i am torn...

al Furqaan
January 10, 2008, 09:29 PM
for the first time since is started following BD cricket, i am torn between two diametric views on the same subject.

1) it is beyond doubt that bashar is done, that he simply cannot play international cricket anymore. he always got out to stupid strokes or idiotic running, but now he does it with single digit scores. he never meritted a spot on the NZ T1 squad let alone tomorrow's match.

2) bashar's record was, by BD standards, superb. a model of consistency, though he always seemed to avoid scoring the real big ones - a top score of only 113. it is only fitting that he gets a farewell at home. and also a chance to crack the 3000 run mark.

i owe my unhealthy addiction to statistics and numbers for most of #2.

cracky
January 10, 2008, 10:12 PM
ei series er pore Bashar ar fire ashar chance nai. Or haal chashar din chole ashse. Bashar er pashar fora tao idaning trouble ditese. Or somorthokder majheo ar valobashar dekha nai. Ki hotashar kotha. Or cheye ekta moshar performance o ekhon onek valo.

AsifTheManRahman
January 10, 2008, 10:49 PM
Never write anyone off. I wouldn't think humble pie would taste good.

lamisa
January 11, 2008, 12:40 AM
arre it will be alryt.i think dis is his final chance.either gt 2 30000 within the 2nd test or,sorry but u dont get ne more chances 2 make it dude!

kalpurush
January 11, 2008, 01:59 AM
All the best...for this Test...
Bashar...help us to remember...
your golden past...:)

Dhakablues
January 11, 2008, 02:07 AM
Like the Americans,, I would say, I support the troops. If Bashar is indeed selected, I would want him to succeed and pass his previous records even it means that he gets to say longer.We need to realize that without Bashar, we have very little chance of scoring a decent score in Test cricket. Hence, if he performs, great.. if he doesnt, he deserves a royal salute for the last 2 years of Bangladesh Cricket. He was there...along with Watmore, to position Bangladesh amongst the elite 8 of world cricket.

Nocturnal
January 11, 2008, 02:17 AM
arre it will be alryt.i think dis is his final chance.either gt 2 30000within the 2nd test or,sorry but u dont get ne more chances 2 make it dude!

I wish :-p

One World
January 11, 2008, 02:28 AM
But if you look at Bashar's test innings, he is nowhere near consistency either.
He played more test, so has more runs but one look at his stats also tells how inconsistent he can be.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/55906.html?class=1;template=results;type=allround; view=match

MohammedC
January 11, 2008, 02:28 AM
arre it will be alryt.i think dis is his final chance.either gt 2 30000 within the 2nd test or,sorry but u dont get ne more chances 2 make it dude!

:o Thrish Hazar Run......

deshi_evolutionz
January 11, 2008, 02:47 AM
yeah bashar
just doesnt perform dos he .

billah
January 11, 2008, 04:03 AM
After a long break, bringing him in and dropping him right after one test is unfair and a decision devoid of common sense.

Bringing Rajin in for just the last test is also unfair to Rajin.

BD-Shardul
January 11, 2008, 05:25 AM
Torn apart Asad Bhaiya? আপনি যদি বলেন, সুঁই-সুতা দিয়া এখনি সেলাই কইরা দিমু।

:-D :D

Navarene
January 11, 2008, 05:58 AM
Bashar's days are numbered unless he does something super human in T2. The evidence is crystal clear: his lethargic body language, being shaky and insecured in the middle, no foot work, wayward shot selection and what not!

Still the think tank took the right decision by picking HaBa and Aftab for the second Test. They both deserve a second chance.

tiger_army
January 11, 2008, 08:15 AM
come on guys stop criticising....
Tomorrow this poor Guy is playing his last test or Last International match of his life.....
Lets give him big hands, hopefully he will touch the 3000 runs landMark...
He was a successful captain for bd and one of the best BD batsman......
no matter what he is doing now, im proud of his acheivements..

lamisa
January 11, 2008, 08:24 AM

oops sorry,i meant 3000.yea i wish 2!E-)

Tigers_eye
January 11, 2008, 09:25 AM
Support the troops... 13 runs bhai. Duita top edge 6 and a single. That is all I ask.

Asaad,
We have a significant chance of getting SA off guard. This is a two test series. Just one would ensure no series win for SA. I can not compromise at home. He was given enough chances to get to 3k. 14 innings to get 162 runs is more than anyone would want. Especially a person who was once known as Mr. 50.

akabir77
January 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
Bashar will be back with a bang.
Don't throw et patkel at me.....

FagunerAgun
January 11, 2008, 10:46 AM
Bashar's experience did not and could not overcome his mental limitation.

Ajfar
January 11, 2008, 10:49 AM
amar selector shudu bashar er experience..experience koree.....ore experience diaa kii amraa panee dhoiaa kamuu...

Rifat
January 11, 2008, 11:56 AM
Never write anyone off. I wouldn't think humble pie would taste good.

this is the anti-force that stimulates Passion in Bashar and his well-wishers prompting him to regain his glory.

everytime there is an anti-praisal thread in Bangla cricket, Bangladesh proves you wrong...

AsifTheManRahman
January 11, 2008, 12:05 PM
Well, I'm not saying he shouldn't be dropped, but I am not a fan of labeling someone as "finished", because you never know what he might do behind the curtains aka domestic league, and then in the international circuit as an aftermath of the regained confidence.

kalpurush
January 11, 2008, 02:05 PM
Well, I'm not saying he shouldn't be dropped, but I am not a fan of labeling someone as "finished", because you never know what he might do behind the curtains aka domestic league, and then in the international circuit as an aftermath of the regained confidence.
Well said.:-D