PDA

View Full Version : Sujon to be forbidden to bat & bowl but be captain forever

fwullah
October 23, 2003, 12:12 PM
What do you say that we tell Sujon to improve on his captancy, and stay captain as long as he does not bat or bowl?

(That is, he can always choose not to bowl as there are many bowlers around, but he can bat at as low as nine or even at eleven.)

In this way, whatever little weakness that he has on his leadership, or captancy on the field, he can work on it and he will not have to deal with the question "whether he deserves to play in the final eleven in test matches or not".

You can say that I borrowed this idea from Australia's Mark Taylor scenario.

Do you agree with me or not?

And please explain why you don't agree, and if you'd like to add, then say so as well.

Mahmood
October 23, 2003, 12:21 PM
He simply needs to go. All the credit he gets for the improved BD is really because of Dav.

Drop him, and I can assure, the performence of the BD team will not fall as some thinks.

Tintin
October 23, 2003, 12:30 PM
We have a similar scenario in India. Before the test series the was a bunch of people shouting for dropping Ganguly. Their argument being that Yuvraj or Kaif or just about anyone could do better.

As it happened, Dravid replaced Ganguly for the second test. Two sessions of Dravid was sufficient for the world to learn what India was missing. Now the Ganguly bashers will be silent for a few more months.

Mahmood
October 23, 2003, 12:32 PM
This is not similar...If Sujon was 1% of Ganguly, we would be happy.

By the way, Ganguly is definitly a great captain, he has turned the losing India around. Should keep him as long as possible.

sheshprohor
October 23, 2003, 12:36 PM
Raj,

Are you trying to use 'mushfiq' technics on sujon? :-/

prohor:lol: