PDA

View Full Version : Did we jinx up the team?

DJ Sahastra
January 13, 2008, 04:12 AM
I hope not.

I hope we didn't jinx the team by expecting too much after the superlative efforts of the two young openers from the 2nd inning of the first day.

On the other hand, to be fair to them New Zealand tour is one of the toughest. The pitches are tailor-made to suit NZ bowlers and visitors generally struggle somewhat to get acclimatized. IMO, this NZ is relatively a very weak team but they held on well. Someone from the BD team had to simply rise to the occasion and we would've seen much different results.

Some catches should've been held, some batsman should've consolidated on their starts and some decisions should've gone the BD way. The talent is there for all to see but maybe there is a bigger malaise that needs to be addressed.

I share your disappointment but ... well, no buts, it is disappointing really.

taklima_naj
January 13, 2008, 05:40 AM
Yeah it is really disappointing and I wonder why our players dont use their common sense and at leat try to stick on the wicket.

Moshin
January 13, 2008, 05:49 AM
That is exactly what i do not want, we say stuff like zunaed will be the next superstar of bangladesh cricket. but is he really we question ourselves after the game? never be too hopefull of our players. by the way they are playin much better than i expected from them, they bowl them out under 400 with the pacers, thats good:-D

BanCricFan
January 13, 2008, 09:22 AM
Bowlers bowled well, especially, Tiger Heart Shahadat! He really desereved a five wicket haul. Although- not at his fittest- Mashrafee bowled well to. He could have quite easily picked up a couple of more wickets had they held on to catches and Fat Parker wasn't thinking about his pies.

They really should have shot out NZ below 250. Hope Bashar get a 50 at least- would be a nice way to end his last Away Test.

Shobha
January 13, 2008, 11:27 AM
i'm sorry to say this but you people get too excited ( not everyone) when a new player comes in and does good, and yes i do believe that it jinxes us in a massive way.
All the players that came in and gave us hope, look at the state of them now- bashar, SN, nafees iqbal, and perhaps sakib+ mushy aswell. i wonder how long it will take ash to become useless....

AsifTheManRahman
January 13, 2008, 03:31 PM
The pitches are usually tailor made, but I'm afraid they looked pretty naked on this tour. Sure, there was a little bit of bounce in the first couple of days of the test matches, but overall the tracks looked good for batting.

view360
January 13, 2008, 03:47 PM
There is no ambiguity about the Team Bangaldesh performance in this tour based on what we all have observed. If batsmen lack basic cricket skill , test match against a top ranking team like NZ is surely not the way of learning. This is like throwing one to the ocean to learn swiming. This way not only we are being overly ridiculed before the world but also lowering the standard of the test cricket. We seriously need to wake up for some reality check up. Our national pride is at stake .

sandpiper
January 13, 2008, 03:49 PM
spot on
There is no ambiguity about the Team Bangaldesh performance in this tour based on what we all have observed. If batsmen lack basic cricket skill , test match against a top ranking team like NZ is surely not the way of learning. This is like throwing one to the ocean to learn swiming. This way not only we are being overly ridiculed before the world but also lowering the standard of the test cricket. We seriously need to wake up for some reality check up. Our national pride is at stake .

BangladeshFan
January 13, 2008, 06:18 PM
true the conditions were tailor made but nz batsmen didnt struggle as much. Either our bowlers are not test standard to make use of the conditions or our batsmen are not test standard to survive in those conditions. and as someone else said Sl did quite well there not long ago.

site seeing, dawat khawa........ shobi hoise. ashol kamer belai zero. ei hoilo bangali.:-p

Rifat
January 13, 2008, 07:10 PM

quote of the year!

nzfan
January 13, 2008, 07:14 PM
sorry to say the these pitches didn't play like they did when sri lanka/pakistan or India toured here

nobody
January 14, 2008, 06:12 AM
No we are not jinxed. the team is so good that they jinxed themselves

zainab
January 14, 2008, 07:14 AM
This pitch was much bouncier. Fault lies with BD. They should make bouncier pitches, not the flat pitches they have at the moment. This ground is the Kiwis home ground and they know how to bat and bowl here and in the past, they have won many matches against better teams here.
It take\s even the most experienced batsmen to play the bounce here, especially the pacers, ball comes so fast, that it is hard to adjust the bat.
This pitch is even bouncier than the SA pitches.
BC should reall address this problem of pitches.

PS. We should not have high expectations of them, just hope and pray for them, as I have said before, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. There is a saying, never count your chickens before they are hatched.

zainab
January 14, 2008, 08:56 AM
Maybe, fans here will laugh at me but lately I have been working with my friend who reads horoscopes, I gave her Ash's date of birth, there are really 2 birthdates I found, the one for July and the other for September, but Ash says his real birthday is July.
Now, according to her, Ash's planets are not aligned properly, Mars and Saturn should be in harmony, but they are not, he is in the period of Rawan( very bad) , will take him until his next birthday to get out of this bad period and enter the calming and good period of Brihashpathi and this will last for 3 years.
I believe my friend, she predicted many things which will happen in my life 12 years ago, and many of them have come to pass, the best one was that my life will change drastically and I will live in many foreign countries,and that was the Brihashpathi period of my life.
I do believe that sometimes one goes through very bad periods in life and nothing goes right, dont matter how hard one tries, whilst other times everything falls into place so smoothly.

BanCricFan
January 14, 2008, 09:25 AM
Sis, lets not put too much weight on those brihaspati and mongol chakras...this is just divining and, from an Islamic perspective, blameworthy practices. Our lives cannot be taken over by such "science" which at best can only be seen as nothing but vague guess-works. Pre-guessing the Divine is futile.

Horoscope or not, Ash is well due for two Eid days...and no, not in three years time. :-)

lamisa
January 14, 2008, 10:52 AM
itz alryt.nz were 2 gud 4 us nd plus nearly half of it was da motka parkerz fault!

abu2abu
January 14, 2008, 11:52 AM
With respect, i think it's a bit of a cop-out to say NZ is a hard place to win, it isn't.

This kiwi lineup just got mauled by south africa and is probably the weakest side in years. Even if we take their performances as a whole (although comprehensive) they were hardly more than workmanlike. We managed to bowl them out more than once, do you think we'de have managed that against away from home in england or south africa?

The truth is, possibly bar the windies (and as Zimbabwe no longer have test status) NZ is probably the weakest test side in the world after BD and we still lost. The really sad thing is we never even put up a fight, except for one session of play in the 1st test...

zainab
January 14, 2008, 01:37 PM
Sis, lets not put too much weight on those brihaspati and mongol chakras...this is just divining and, from an Islamic perspective, blameworthy practices. Our lives cannot be taken over by such "science" which at best can only be seen as nothing but vague guess-works. Pre-guessing the Divine is futile.

Horoscope or not, Ash is well due for two Eid days...and no, not in three years time. :-)

He will have his Eid days after his birthday. we do not have to wait for 3 years for it to happen. He will excel in his performance for 3 years, that is all I am saying.
i am a Muslim, but our path and success or failures in life also have something to do with the planetary alignments at certain periods of your life.

Murad
January 14, 2008, 02:00 PM
It doesnt matter if we jinx them or not.

The end result will be same always untill these boys become matured and play together for long time.

nzfan
January 14, 2008, 04:13 PM
How do you expect New Zealand to compete anyway? we are a country of 4 MILLION people and cricket isn't even the most popular sport.