PDA

View Full Version : My squad for SA series

djnaved
January 13, 2008, 08:51 PM
ODI squad: Tamim,Junayed,Nazimuddin,Ashraful, Sakib, Aftab,Pilot, Rajjak, Rasel, Doller Mahmud, Mashrafi,Mossharof Rubel,Imrul Kayes,Farhad Reja and Raqibul Hasan.

Test Squad: Tamim, Junayed, Javed Omar, Rajin Saleh, Ashraful, Sakib, Pilot, Rasel, Mashrafi, Shahdat,Raqibul Hasan, Farhad Reja, Aftab, talha Jubayer, and Mohammad Rafique( if he wants to play)

what you guys think?:)

sandpiper
January 13, 2008, 08:57 PM
can you give the rationale for including Mosharraf Rubel. Raqibul Hasan and Talha Jubair ? :umm:

djnaved
January 13, 2008, 09:12 PM
Mosharrof Rubel:

Bowling averages Mat Balls Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 30 7642 3159 118 9/105 26.77 2.48 64.7 4 5 1
List A 29 1512 1008 35 4/42 28.80 4.00 43.2 1 0 0

Raqibul Hasan:
First-class 19matches, 34innings, 1Not out, 1348runs, 313*highest(omg) 40.84 average 3095runs, 43.55 strike ratem 2centuries, 8fifties
an average of 40+ runs in every match, second highest scorer of NCL

Talha Jubayer:

his last bowling performance:

Talha Jubair 18overs, 5 maidens, 48 runs, 5 wickets, 2.66 economy (3nb, 1w)

also he took couple of wickets in NCL

tonoy
January 13, 2008, 09:17 PM
no more new guys. I dont want another brat getting into national squad. You must want it real badly before you get in.

djnaved
January 13, 2008, 09:19 PM
so what you want players who want to give suicide wicket in the match? i guess no

Gowza
January 13, 2008, 09:39 PM
raqibul has the stats it's just a matter of whether he's ready for international cricket yet or not, i'd say it might be ok in ODIs but give him a few more years of FC cricket before pushing him for a test spot. ideally raqibuls international debut should be held off for another couple of years.

naeem islam and dhiman ghosh imo are being overlooked in one-day cricket and nazimuddin and ehsanul are being overlooked for test slots (they'll need a replacement for habibul bashar soon anyway).

i wouldn't want to change the bowlers atm because i think the best bowlers are already on the national scene.

i'd like to see what tamim and junaid can do as an opening partnership so i wouldn't change them for the moment.

imrul would be good for one-dayers but i'd only want him in there as an opener so he's going to have to wait a bit longer before he gets a chance.

i think dhiman ghosh or mashud would be good replacements for rahim (as long as they're better with the gloves than rahim at least one of them should get a chance) in the test side. in the one-day side dhiman should get a chance.

sadi
January 13, 2008, 10:49 PM
Squad diya kono lab nai bhai. Jarei nen sob gula abar duck marbo ar innings defeat khaibo.

cricket_king
January 13, 2008, 11:17 PM
so what you want players who want to give suicide wicket in the match? i guess no

Areyy mia shob bangali player ei kaj kore. Might as well keep this team. Rubel? Talha? Raqibul? Gimme a break.

pocha
January 13, 2008, 11:24 PM
Squad diya kono lab nai bhai. Jarei nen sob gula abar duck marbo ar innings defeat khaibo.

Yes we are all morons. Its not even hours we lost comprehensively in both forms and here we go - making another BS squad. Aaaaaaaaaaarg we dont have any other work than watching these losers. Back to drawing board. Tough job for Siddons!

wiseshah
January 13, 2008, 11:27 PM
i want to see alok kapali and ehsanul haq sejan in the test team

cricket_pagol
January 13, 2008, 11:31 PM
The only new player that excites me is Raqibul Hasan...

arifur81
January 14, 2008, 02:48 AM
ODI squad: Tamim,Junayed,Nazimuddin,Ashraful, Sakib, Aftab,Pilot, Rajjak, Rasel, Doller Mahmud, Mashrafi,Mossharof Rubel,Imrul Kayes,Farhad Reja and Raqibul Hasan.

Test Squad: Tamim, Junayed, Javed Omar, Rajin Saleh, Ashraful, Sakib, Pilot, Rasel, Mashrafi, Shahdat,Raqibul Hasan, Farhad Reja, Aftab, talha Jubayer, and Mohammad Rafique( if he wants to play)

what you guys think?:)

My brother I don't know why you even bother? I think 11 players from BC will be better than the BD national team. I think we should stop playing cricket, look at Ireland even they are better than us now and i am sure if we play against them now we will lose. No hard feelings for the BD fans, it’s just my personal opinion.:mad:

Yameen
January 14, 2008, 04:17 AM
no, no more new players please, would like to see kapali back in the odi 11 atleast..I want rafique in the frame but doubt they will pick him for the odi team, but hopefully in the test team, but ofcourse if hes up for it...

Shobha
January 14, 2008, 04:51 AM
i dont care anymore.....:hairpull: replace them with the under-19 squad for all care.

Only1raz
January 14, 2008, 05:17 AM
Brothers, i am just getting tired of the same odl stories too many time Bangladesh losing.
i think its about time all our players were dropped especially Ashraful, these guys have so much talent and they never deliver making Desh look like nothing.
so yes i want to see new faces for the game with SA.
i'd only keep Tamim, Mortaza n Shahadat, coz Tamim was the only player that did somthing and M & S, lets face it are 2 of our best bowlers n its not like we have too many of them.
so i would like to see the following players,

Imrul Kayash
Marshall Ayub
Nadif Chowdhury
Naeem Islam
Nazimuddin
Nazmus Sadat
Raqibul Hasan
Dhiman Ghosh
Nafees Iqbal
Talha Jubair
Mosharraf Hossain

its not like they can do any worse then the current team have.

tiger_army
January 14, 2008, 05:25 AM
Brothers, i am just getting tired of the same odl stories too many time Bangladesh losing.
i think its about time all our players were dropped especially Ashraful, these guys have so much talent and they never deliver making Desh look like nothing.
i'd only keep Tamim, Mortaza n Shahadat, coz Tamim was the only player that did somthing and M & S, lets face it are 2 of our best bowlers n its not like we have too many of them.

Imrul Kayash
Marshall Ayub
Nadif Chowdhury
Naeem Islam
Only1raz (C)
Nazimuddin
Nazmus Sadat
Raqibul Hasan
Dhiman Ghosh
Nafees Iqbal
Talha Jubair
Mosharraf Hossain

hehehehehe what a joke???
Why dont you play for BD team.....??

Shobha
January 14, 2008, 05:27 AM

Imrul Kayash
Marshall Ayub
Nadif Chowdhury
Naeem Islam
Nazimuddin
Nazmus Sadat
Raqibul Hasan
Dhiman Ghosh
Nafees Iqbal
Talha Jubair
Mosharraf Hossain

EITHER YOU DONT WATCH CRICKET OR YOUR NOT IN YOUR SENSES!:lol::lol::lol:

zainab
January 14, 2008, 09:28 AM
We should not even start thinking about the team for SA. This Kiwi tour has just finished on a very poor note. Coach Siddons has a tough time time ahead now . He should stick with the players he has now, maybe look at Kapali and Dhiman Ghosh as alternate wicketkeeper/batsman if he he has lost confidence in Mushy. Anyhow, each national team should have 2 wicketkeepers. Consistency is the key now, he himself does not like to change all the time and I think we will see this for the SA series.
Other players from NCL should play more first class matches and perform much better before being dragged into the national team.

FHossain
January 14, 2008, 09:43 AM
Why do we not learn from our mistakes? The batting is consistently poor. I am sure our coach has drilled it in on how to to bat in test cricket and am sure the players themselves know by now. Players such as bashar, aftab and rahim should not have even played. Saleh, reza and mashud surely instead? The selectors only pick biasly. It is stupid, bashar only played so that he could get his 3000 runs in tests. That's what the selectors are doing. What can a coach do if this is the poltics going on? Need new selectors, not all bengali so that there are minimal bias decisions and true genuine talent is noticed and chosen.

opening_batsman
January 14, 2008, 10:35 AM
The problem with the players is they play too many shots in test cricket. I want to see some players playing doing dead bat defensive shots, not to think about scoring but just to survive, if they can survive for 30 mins then automatically runs will come. Look at Aussie Gillespie, a tailender, I remember he just batted like he wasn't going to give his wicket away, so many defensive dead bat shots initially then he started playing his shots, and scored a double century against bangladesh.

Also players who don't perform should be dropped, with bangladesh if you don't perform you are guranteed a spot e.g Bashar, Rahim et al

bdchamp20
January 14, 2008, 01:12 PM
ODI:
SHAHRIAR
TAMIM
ASHRAFUL(C)
KAPALI
DHIMAN(WK)
AFTAB
MOSHAROF
MASHRAFE
RAJJAK
RASEL(hope he's fit)
RAJIB

JUNAED
MUSHFIQ(2ND KEEPER)
SHAKIB
SAJEDUL

So basically:
Out: JAVED, TUSHAR, MEHRAB JR., NAZMUL, SALEH
In: SHAHRIAR, KAPALI, DHIMAN, MOSHAROF, RASEL

LateCut
January 14, 2008, 01:18 PM
My squad is India-U19 or India-A. I am sure india will not mind. At this time BD is worse than Zimbabwe and possibly Kenia.

Miraz
January 14, 2008, 01:21 PM
why not we start picking the squad for the 2010 away series (or is it 2009 now?) against England?

Let's pick the squads for each and every series of the FTP.

bdchamp20
January 14, 2008, 01:22 PM
Test:
Shahriar
Tamim
Mushfiq
Ashraful(c)
Kapali
Mashud(WK)
Shakib
Rafique
Mashrafe
Rajib
Rasel

Junaed
Saleh
Rajjak
Sajedul

Murad
January 14, 2008, 01:55 PM
Test Squad:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique
3. Ehsanul Hoque??? (I think Bashar will be selected)
4. Mohammad Ashraful(C)
5. Shahriar Nafees
6. Aftab Ahmed
7. Khaled Mashud (Yes! No more Mushy plzzz)
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Shahadat Hossain Rajib
11. Enamul Hoque Jr.

12. Farhad Reza
13. Syed Rael
14. Saqibul Hasan
15. Nazim Uddin

ODI Squad:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique
3. Mohammad Ashrafl
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Saqibul Hasan
6. Dhiman Ghosh(Yes No more babies(mushy) in the team, its not a day care center)
7. Farhad Reza
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Syed Rasel

12. Nazim Uddin
13. Shahriar Nafees
14. Shahadat Hossain Rajib
15. Mahmudullah Riyad

This is the team for future. We shouldn't change this squad for atleast next 1 year.

Mushfique shouldn't be selected for any team in at least next 2 yr. He should be sent to the Academy and the A-Team. He got more than enough time to prove his worth and he failed to do so. Now he have to work hard to come to the National team again.

Dhiman Gosh is a hard hitter and a good wicket keeper. We need this type of WK in the ODI team, who can bat well. Not a slow batter like Mushy.

Pilot should be in the Test team as long as he bat well. He's a good Test wicket keeper.

Ehsanul Haque should be selected for the Test Team. Averaging 39 in 50+ FC is no JOKE. He might not have the talent but he's very consistent. We dont need talents, we need good batsmen.

One World
January 14, 2008, 09:51 PM

Imrul Kayash
Marshall Ayub
Nadif Chowdhury
Naeem Islam
Nazimuddin
Nazmus Sadat
Raqibul Hasan
Dhiman Ghosh
Nafees Iqbal
Talha Jubair
Mosharraf Hossain

That can be a good A team only I would put Kapali for ODI and JO, Ehsanul for longer version.

My extra bowler would be Shumon Saha and Allrounder Mohammad Shahjada.

One World
January 14, 2008, 09:55 PM
Test Squad:
8. Mohammad Rafique

ODI Squad:
6. Dhiman Ghosh(Yes No more babies(mushy) in the team, its not a day care center)

Dhiman Gosh is a hard hitter and a good wicket keeper. We need this type of WK in the ODI team, who can bat well. Not a slow batter like Mushy.

Pilot should be in the Test team as long as he bat well. He's a good Test wicket keeper.

Ehsanul Haque should be selected for the Test Team. Averaging 39 in 50+ FC is no JOKE. He might not have the talent but he's very consistent. We dont need talents, we need good batsmen.

I so love your team! Weldone.

wiseshah
January 14, 2008, 11:16 PM
Test Squad:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique
4. Mohammad Ashraful(C)
5. Shahriar Nafees
6. Aftab Ahmed
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
11. Enamul Hoque Jr.

12. Farhad Reza
13. Syed Rael
14. Saqibul Hasan
15. Nazim Uddin

ODI Squad:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique
3. Mohammad Ashraful
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Saqibul Hasan
7. Farhad Reza
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Syed Rasel

12. Nazim Uddin
13. Shahriar Nafees
15. Mahmudullah Riyad

This is the team for future. We shouldn't change this squad for atleast next 1 year.

Mushfique shouldn't be selected for any team in at least next 2 yr. He should be sent to the Academy and the A-Team. He got more than enough time to prove his worth and he failed to do so. Now he have to work hard to come to the National team again.

just one word for u, EXCELLENT team selection, wish selectors read your list and open up their eyes.

wiseshah
January 14, 2008, 11:18 PM
EITHER YOU DONT WATCH CRICKET OR YOUR NOT IN YOUR SENSES!:lol::lol::lol:

seems like u r in a great sense. anyway, doesnt matter which team u select, nobody can do worst than our present BD team, its not possible theoretically. even under 19 team of kenya can do better. my question is, did u watch last series?

Eshen
January 14, 2008, 11:39 PM
Teams that I will like to see -

Test XI:
Tamim
Zunaed
SN (currently the best option for #3 slot)
Ashraful
Rajin (proven performer at home tracks)
Alok (time to give him another go)
Mashud (although I won't mind if Siddons sticks with Mushfiq)
Mashrafe
Rafique
Enamul
Shahadat

ODI XI:
Tamim
Zunaed
SN
Ashraful
Aftab
Shakib
Farhad
Dhiman
Razzak
Mashrafe
Rasel

tiger_army
January 15, 2008, 04:16 AM
ODI:

guys dont worry the only reason I havent included Tamim in the squad because I think he should play in the U-19 World Cup.

Tamim Should not play for u -19 team...We shudnt break the opening combination here.. If SAF woudnt have come in FEB, he might play for U -19, but it will be the dumbest idea to send Tamim in U - 19 team instead of SAF series.......the experience he will gained against SAF is > experience in playing U - 19 WC..

Shobha
January 15, 2008, 01:30 PM
Test Squad:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique
4. Mohammad Ashraful(C)
5. Shahriar Nafees
6. Aftab Ahmed
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
11. Enamul Hoque Jr.

12. Farhad Reza
13. Syed Rael
14. Saqibul Hasan
15. Nazim Uddin

ODI Squad:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique
3. Mohammad Ashrafl
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Saqibul Hasan
7. Farhad Reza
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Syed Rasel

12. Nazim Uddin
13. Shahriar Nafees
15. Mahmudullah Riyad

wah wah, what a team:D. take that ONLY1Raz. only one objection for me, i would switch no 7 with no 15 ( mahmud for reza)

bdchamp20
January 20, 2008, 07:42 AM
Tamim Should not play for u -19 team...We shudnt break the opening combination here.. If SAF woudnt have come in FEB, he might play for U -19, but it will be the dumbest idea to send Tamim in U - 19 team instead of SAF series.......the experience he will gained against SAF is > experience in playing U - 19 WC..
well the U-19 team is our only hope to win us a trophy and if Tamim was there our squad would be stronger but the selector dont think so and havent included Tamim in the squad so I have included Tamim back in my squad

bdchamp20
January 20, 2008, 07:43 AM

Imrul Kayash
Marshall Ayub
Nadif Chowdhury
Naeem Islam
Nazimuddin
Nazmus Sadat
Raqibul Hasan
Dhiman Ghosh
Nafees Iqbal
Talha Jubair
Mosharraf Hossain

I thought we were choosing our squad for the South Africa series not the academy tour

Sylhet
January 20, 2008, 09:13 AM
For Tests

Tamim Iqbal
Junaed Siddique
Ashraful
Aftab
Rajin Saleh
Alok Kapali
Shakid Al Hasan
Khaled Mashud
Mohd Rafique
Masrafe
Rajib
Rasel (if fit) or Sajid
Enamul
Razzak

For ODI

Tamim
Junaed
Aftab
Ashraful
Shakib
Farhad
Mushfiq
Razzak
Masrafe
Rasel
Rajib
Rafique
Sajid
Shahriar Nafees/rajin/alok (whoever agrees to rotate strike)

Singles are important. They should understand that boundaries cannot be hit every ball. Taking singles would make the opposition captain to pull more fielders in, as a result more opportunity for boundaries. Therefore someone please put it in the head of the players to look for a single every ball.

FagunerAgun
January 20, 2008, 03:49 PM

Jabbor koichhen bhai.

Sohel
January 21, 2008, 03:44 AM
I) Test XI: -

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Zunaed Siddique
3. Mohammad Ashraful (best batsman we have, can deal with pace early)
4. Shahriar Nafees
5. Aftab Ahmed/Imrul Kayes ... in that order*
6. Alok Kapali/Rokibul Hasan/Mehrab Jr ... in that order**
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Khaled Mashud (WK)
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Mohammad Rafique (can't bat anymore, look at his last 30 at bat, all levels) ... Enam and Razzak's time will come

12th man: Farhad Reza (fielding)

* I'd persist with Aftab as the South Africans don't have good slow bowlers to trouble him. That said, Imrul is technically sound and doesn't have as many shot selection issues.

** Alok would probably be better off playing a LOT OF A-team cricket until his late 20s to make a better adjustment, but since that is not happening anytime soon, I'd like to see how he responds after the T20 WC scapegoating and a so-so NCL season by his standards. Rokibul is technically compact, but very young and inexperienced at this stage. Mehrab Jr. has issues after getting his eye in and playing a few good strokes.

II) ODI XI:-

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Zunaed Siddique
3. Mohammad Ashraful
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Alok Kapali/Imrul Kayes/Rokibul Hasan ... in that order*
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Dhiman Ghosh (WK-my preference to face Steyn, N'tini and Nel)
8. Farhad Reza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
11. Syed Rasel

12th Man: Rajin Saleh (fielding)

* Alok has adjustment issues as mentioned before. Imrul is technically sound, has exceptional temperament for his age balanced with a nice array of strokes at his disposal. That said, he is young, inexperienced and not quite Alok's class with regards to his stroke play. Rokibul is technically compact, but very young and inexperienced at this stage. His stroke play, while very correct, is in nowhere near Alok's class but he may adjust better to the highest level.

There is no technically deficient batsman in the above XIs, except perhaps Dhiman a bit. He can be a flatfooted fisherman on occasion.

Gowza
January 21, 2008, 04:27 AM
I) Test XI: -

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Zunaed Siddique
3. Mohammad Ashraful (best batsman we have, can deal with pace early)
4. Shahriar Nafees
5. Aftab Ahmed/Imrul Kayes ... in that order*
6. Alok Kapali/Rokibul Hasan/Mehrab Jr ... in that order**
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Khaled Mashud (WK)
9. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Mohammad Rafique (can't bat anymore, look at his last 30 at bat, all levels) ... Enam and Razzak's time will come

12th man: Farhad Reza (fielding)

* I'd persist with Aftab as the South Africans don't have good slow bowlers to trouble him. That said, Imrul is technically sound and doesn't have as many shot selection issues.

** Alok would probably be better off playing a LOT OF A-team cricket until his late 20s to make a better adjustment, but since that is not happening anytime soon, I'd like to see how he responds after the T20 WC scapegoating and a so-so NCL season by his standards. Rokibul is technically compact, but very young and inexperienced at this stage. Mehrab Jr. has issues after getting his eye in and playing a few good strokes.

II) ODI XI:-

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Zunaed Siddique
3. Mohammad Ashraful
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Alok Kapali/Imrul Kayes/Rokibul Hasan ... in that order*
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Dhiman Ghosh (WK-my preference to face Steyn, N'tini and Nel)
8. Farhad Reza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
11. Syed Rasel

12th Man: Rajin Saleh (fielding)

* Alok has adjustment issues as mentioned before. Imrul is technically sound, has exceptional temperament for his age balanced with a nice array of strokes at his disposal. That said, he is young, inexperienced and not quite Alok's class with regards to his stroke play. Rokibul is technically compact, but very young and inexperienced at this stage. His stroke play, while very correct, is in nowhere near Alok's class but he may adjust better to the highest level.

There is no technically deficient batsman in the above XIs, except perhaps Dhiman a bit. He can be a flatfooted fisherman on occasion.

just wondering what's your reasoning for putting imrul down the order? i know he's a really good prospect but pushing him down the order could negatively effect his development as an opener, not sure i'd want to risk it....

Sohel
January 21, 2008, 04:48 AM
just wondering what's your reasoning for putting imrul down the order? i know he's a really good prospect but pushing him down the order could negatively effect his development as an opener, not sure i'd want to risk it....

Being a good opener in the NCL and being one at the highest level are notably different because of the quality of bowling involved. Besides, being a technically sound batsman, he is quite comfortable batting anywhere in the top 5. I'd rather have him face slightly older balls when dealing with the likes of Steyn, N'tini and Nel, and then work his way up to the #3 slot over time.

Zunaed, Tamim, and Nazmus Sadat are better openers for the highest levels IMOH, simply because they see the new ball at genuine pace faster and easier. Then again, look what happened to Nafees Iqbal, another good opening prospect ... I long for the day when we can afford to debut our players in their late 20s after considerable FC, List A and A-team cricket to prepare them better, still 10 more years of structural development away I'm afraid.

Gowza
January 21, 2008, 05:03 AM
Being a good opener in the NCL and being one at the highest level are notably different because of the quality of bowling involved. Besides, being a technically sound batsman, he is quite comfortable batting anywhere in the top 5. I'd rather have him face slightly older balls when dealing with the likes of Steyn, N'tini and Nel, and then work his way up to the #3 slot over time.

Zunaed, Tamim, and Nazmus Sadat are better openers for the highest levels IMOH, simply because they see the new ball at genuine pace faster and easier. Then again, look what happened to Nafees Iqbal, another good opening prospect ... I long for the day when we can afford to debut our players in their late 20s after considerable FC, List A and A-team cricket to prepare them better, still 10 more years of structural development away I'm afraid.

cheers for the explanation, i agree with that, especially if you want him to end up at #3 as opposed to opening the innings. openers can pretty much bat anywhere in the order just because they're use to all types of conditions and situations so that isn't an issue. but the jump from middle order to opening even if the player has opened before can often be less than smooth.

zareen
January 21, 2008, 05:21 AM
i think that alok should not be there,but they should put rafique in the test .because he is a very experienced player.they can try harder to improve .

MarufH
January 21, 2008, 12:16 PM
Ki hoibo team plan koira...? anyways....

Tamim
Zunaid
Ash
Aftab
Saqib
Nafees
Mushfique
Mashrafe
Razzaq
Rafiq
Rasel12th man: Reza

13. Shahadat

One World
February 1, 2008, 02:55 PM
Felt like give it a bump. As A, B and C's are fighting and the way SA is manhandling the WI it is time to give a deeper insight in team selection.

Nawreen93
February 1, 2008, 08:37 PM
I prefer our old players.no new ones please.but old or new,good or bad, BD all the way...forever.

al-Sagar
February 2, 2008, 04:31 AM
too early too judge

zainab
February 2, 2008, 07:16 AM
Leave the selection of the team to Siddons. I would like to see Mashud as wicketkeeper/batsman for the tests, also Rafique as the spin bowler. I watched Mashud play in the last match of the Natwest series against he Aussies at Canterbury and I thought that he batted a very sensible innings, made 71 runs under difficult conditions, so he has got that grit in him.

nahaz
February 2, 2008, 08:57 AM
This is my selection based on my gut feeling:
Zunaed Siddique
Tamim Iqbal
* Md. Ashraful
<b>Alok Kapali</b>
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hasan
<b>Khaled Mashud</b>
Shahadat Hossain
Mashrafee Mortaza
M. Rafique
Syed Rasel
12th: Forhad Reza

I really think Kapali should get a chance in tests based on his solid all-round performance in the last two years. He's a flamboyant strokemaker who got dropped b4 only coz of his inconsistency. He might play an inspired role with both bat ANand ball if selected.
Mashud should be selected ahead of Rahim.He's performing well, and rahim is batting worse than many tailenders out there. Mashud can at least stay for long partnerships.
We should play 3 pacers on any pitch in my opinion..if not, forhad reza could get a chance instead of rasel/shahadat.Now I don't know if this guy can bowl at test level.
Kapali should be picked ahead of rajin and tushar should not play.

mshakir56
February 2, 2008, 09:00 AM
Mashud should be picked for the first test and if he performs well, he should be retained for the rest of the series. Rafique should play and get his 100 test wicket, and if he wants to retire after reaching the milestone, so be it. No Enamul Haque Jr. Please. He is only good against Zimbabwe, when Zimbabwe return to Test Status, he can get a chance to prove himself.

bdchamp20
February 2, 2008, 11:07 AM
Openers: Shahriar Nafees Ahmed
Tamim Iqbal Khan
Junaed Siddique

Middle Order Batsmen
/Batting all-rounders: Mohammad Ashraful(C)
Alok Kapali
Dhiman Ghosh(WK)
Aftab Ahmed
Mushfiqur Rahim(WK)
Shakib Al Hasan

Bowlers/
Bowling All-rounders: Mosharof Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Rajjak Raj
Shahadat Hossain Rajib
Syed Rasel
Tapash Baisya

Bold=Interesting/debatable

mshakir56
February 2, 2008, 11:33 AM
I just hope Bashar retires from International cricket during this test series.