PDA

View Full Version : Why are we loosing consistently?

pial
January 14, 2008, 05:34 AM
No longer version cricket in school level and age group cricket.
No regular cricket league in Divisional cities and District towns.
Lack of sporting wickets.
The main three cricket tournaments e.g. Dhaka Premier Cricket League, Damal Summer Cricket, Star Summer Cricket Tournament (Ctg) become irregular and lost its importance and attraction.
BCB mainly focused with national team and international cricket.
Non existence of any regional Cricket body.

tiger_army
January 14, 2008, 05:49 AM
Lack of experience & consistant batting order

BD-Shardul
January 14, 2008, 06:19 AM
Why are we loosing consistantly?

Because we are very consistent (IMHO, no.1 infact) in losing.

zainab
January 14, 2008, 07:28 AM
Players are suffering from a common problem call mental blockage and acute nervousness. They fear failing badly because of high expectations, and exactly this is what happens. I guess when they are walking out to bat, their knees are shaking, their minds go blank and voila! it starts all over again. They need a team psychologist to help them. I hope Coach Siddons realizes the depth of this problem and do something quickly.

Xavier
January 14, 2008, 07:42 AM
I would say it's a difficult time for Bangladesh team... the old generation has gone (Omar, Bashar, Mashud and Rafique) and most of the new ones are still too young and inexperienced for international cricket... I guess/hope time will help them.

uss01
January 14, 2008, 08:14 AM
Yes, another reason is the selectors rely too much on under 19 performers. But they are not all that special, they have only performed well against zim and kenya, which gives a false sense of success. The selectors should focus on NCL performance, and not just one season of good performance there, but more consistent performers. Perhaps they should attend those games more than going on foreign trips.

The main three cricket tournaments e.g. Dhaka Premier Cricket League, Damal Summer Cricket, Star Summer Cricket Tournament (Ctg) become irregular and lost its importance and attraction.

Rabz
January 14, 2008, 09:38 AM
Among all the inconsistencies, our players are trying their best to maintain one little consistency.

Too bad it involves us loosing.

lamisa
January 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
v hardly play longer version cricket
v hav 2 many young players in the team
v keep changing players often

akabir77
January 14, 2008, 10:55 AM
even if we had all those we should have lost. see nz, SL how long they took even with all their setups. There r not substitute for NTL game experience period no matter how good your infrastructure are.

Roni_uk
January 14, 2008, 11:43 AM
Because we are not ready for test yet. Win 'consistently' in ODI by completing 50 overs and come back and play test. If you ask me Bangladesh should be taken off their test status. Sorry to be harsh but thats the reality! We are just bouchering cricket.

oporajeyo_bangla
January 14, 2008, 11:54 AM
Because we are not ready for test yet. Win 'consistently' in ODI by completing 50 overs and come back and play test. If you ask me Bangladesh should be taken off their test status. Sorry to be harsh but thats the reality! We are just bouchering cricket.

While I agree we were given Test status a tad too early, I think we're ready now. No one in the world questions the talent available in Bangladesh. All that's needed is playing with top teams so we can improve. In the midst of all this gloom, we did have a record breaking opening partnership between two debutants against NZ in NZ conditions. These are the baby steps we are taking that shows improvement. Playing against Kenya and Zimbabwe won't do us much good, as I believe we are at their level, if not better. Just like our batsmen in Tests need patience, so do the fans. We now have a young group of cricketers and we need to nurture them.

Murad
January 14, 2008, 02:08 PM
The reason we always do bad because we keep changing the squad for every series. We have to presist with the same squad for at least 1 year to become a good team. One or two changes is okay.

Our selectors don't pick the right players for the right team and then throw them out of the squad when they do bad.

This is also one of the main reason why we are loosing consistently.

Mr Dave Whatmore used to shuffle the whole squad so consistently, which wasn't good at all. One day Ashraful used to bat at 5, other day at 7 or 1.

THe new coach is seems to be better and hoping to see a performing team within 6 months. Inshallah.

LateCut
January 14, 2008, 02:20 PM
Because we are not good enough. Na chahite jare paowa jai.....

sipon
January 14, 2008, 04:00 PM
i felll that our player can play big innings such as like tamim zunaeed ,ashraful, or aftab . i think they just need more confidence . they have to serious when they go for bat .

cricket_king
January 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
Because we just aren't good enough to play test. By the way, it's spelled "losing".

arafath79
January 14, 2008, 08:59 PM

You have mentioned some good points and I completely agree with you. BCB is focusing only in national team but they should arrange domestic cricket leagues regular basis and make good sporting wickets in every stadium.

One World
January 14, 2008, 09:37 PM

:up: hopefully this time we will see something good as much of talk is going on between BCB and the clubs.

DJ Sahastra
January 14, 2008, 10:25 PM
I wonder why they stopped sending teams to Ranji Trophy.

And as a reciprocal gesture, they can as well invite a team from Ranji to play in their domestic league.

Eshen
January 14, 2008, 10:55 PM
I wonder why they stopped sending teams to Ranji Trophy.

And as a reciprocal gesture, they can as well invite a team from Ranji to play in their domestic league.
It was Duleep Trophy where a Bangladeshi team took part (not Ranji). Our dismissal performance in that tournament against Indian regional sides made such bad publicity that BCB did not dare to seek another entry there. BCCI also has not shown interest to invite us for another domestic league since then.

However, I think BCB should seek entries into Moin-ud-Dowla Gold Cup, Buchi Babu Tournament, and MRF Cup (tournaments that are designed for development sides from different Indian states) and send our academy side there.

We should also arrange a series between Bangladesh-A and Bengal yearly.

desirocker
January 15, 2008, 02:29 AM

I would really like to thank you for pointing out the main reasons that's causing the poor performence. Also i think our players are mentally strong enough.. that's y mayb they should see spsychiatrist

kfirooz
January 15, 2008, 06:23 AM

Exactly, a very honest opinion. Bangladesh simply isn't good enough. More A tours needed and those sides should comprise a bulk from the national side. The national players should swallow their pride and take part in A matches.

Sovik
January 15, 2008, 06:46 AM
we are trying to be consistant. may be its loosing streak but soon we will start wining and there will be no stopping.

we all know why are we loosing and whats needed to be done. Now somebody should take the initiative to fix those. Good pitches in NCL could be the first step. Academy with good trained coaches for every Division and then in district level. There are many players in NCL will not get any good matches for next couple of months.

And most off all they should start paying more in NCL so that players could start to take cricket as profession

akabir77
January 15, 2008, 10:50 AM

If you think BD is killing TEST cricket than why don't you stop watching it and watch some one you think r up there like (PAK or IND). The thing is TEST STATUS was not given on based of how good the players r. its based on the future and infrastructure. So saying we should stop playing cause we can't compete is worthless thing to say. So what we become 20th in 100 meter running in Olympic qualification we shouldn't run at all, or our football team can't qualify for WC so don't have a football games at all. If we start following that then only chess and shooting should be allowed in the country.

I am very much frustrated with the team but thinking that we shouldn't play test only ODI will not solve anything. remember we get all the money to hire all these coaches and improvements on cricket is done because we have the status.

So please don't make statement like that with understanding the consequences.:waiting:

Sovik
January 15, 2008, 10:52 AM

thank you for your views but we are here to stay. it might be taking long but we are getting there.

abu2abu
January 15, 2008, 10:55 AM

Yes, an honest opinion indeed. However, I'm not sure what you mean by "bouchering cricket", do you mean playing like the south african wicket keeper/batsman?! (sorry, couldn't resist)...

BangladeshFan
January 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
why are we loosing consistently??

because we are not good enough to win, even inconsistently.

Shobha
January 15, 2008, 01:02 PM
Dont worry guys, we've got zimbabwe in 2009 so hopefully we can win something then. just hang in there for another year or so:smug:

cricket_king
January 16, 2008, 01:45 AM
Dont worry guys, we've got zimbabwe in 2009 so hopefully we can win something then. just hang in there for another year or so:smug:

That's the problem. We might not be allowed to play test cricket within a year year two, plus Zimbabwe doesn't play test cricket.

Shobha
January 16, 2008, 01:35 PM
That's the problem. We might not be allowed to play test cricket within a year year two, plus Zimbabwe doesn't play test cricket.

i know zim dont play test. i was talking about winning odi

Fazal
January 16, 2008, 02:18 PM
Why are we loosing consistantly?

Hmmm.... I thought to loose something you need to have it first.

smashyboy
January 18, 2008, 06:33 PM
45 out of 51 is totally unacceptable. SOmething gotta happen.

rainmaniac
January 19, 2008, 12:01 PM
today we r losing consistently but maybe this consistency might help us to become no.1
True that its taking a lot of time and that many problems have been overlooked but first we need a really good foundation which cant be build by the national team. It has to be build by the young players and not the national team players. To get constent victories we have to wait some more years,in which, we will have a strong foundation.
Remember, failure is the pillar of success
Till then all we need is patience.

bdchamp20
January 20, 2008, 07:48 AM
bad selectors: changes squad too freqently

damalChele
January 20, 2008, 10:14 AM
Because we don't have a shrink in our team. We have the talent but we don't have anyone to take care of the psychological issues.

zainab
January 20, 2008, 02:38 PM
Because we don't have a shrink in our team. We have the talent but we don't have anyone to take care of the psychological issues.

You hit the nail on the head!
I heard at one time that there was a psychologist for the team, in fact they were trying to help Ashraful.
These guys suffer from panic attacks and this is the big problem. It happens with their batting about 90% of the time.

Soheni
January 20, 2008, 02:54 PM
A quick answer; because we are a bad team, and instead of getting better we are getting worst.

FagunerAgun
January 20, 2008, 03:36 PM
Because some BD players are simply incapable of playing cricket, and we do not have enough cricketers to replace them.

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 06:24 PM
Because some BD players are simply incapable of playing cricket, and we do not have enough cricketers to replace them.

must you always be so negetive:mad:
i've noticed in couple of threads that we've made some pretty 'not so nice' comments about our team and players. eto rag kisher bhai?:confused:

cricket_king
January 20, 2008, 10:29 PM
i've noticed in couple of threads that we've made some pretty 'not so nice' comments about our team and players. eto rag kisher bhai?:confused:

Perhaps you should wake up from your dream world and step back into reality. All the negative comments are correct, and should be said over and over again, until we finally have something positive to say.

ahaque
January 21, 2008, 12:16 AM
I think people are expecting too much out of bangladesh right now. I mean young teams are going to have their ups and downs. They still need more time. I dont like Ashraful as a captain but who else do we turn to? Shariar Nafees? Javed Omar?

zainab
January 21, 2008, 04:47 PM
I think that Ashraful has to be given a fair chance at captaincy, he did not have the luck to become the captain of a good team, he himself is so young and the team is a very young team lacking maturity and experience. Who else is there? maybe they should hand it to Mashud who was a disaster in the 2003 WC, Bashar was OK, but he was years older than Ash when he became captain.
Many fans here would like Shariar Nafees to be the captain, but Ash has world recognition.

FagunerAgun
January 21, 2008, 04:56 PM

bastobata ke mene nite ato bhoi keno?
Reality is never negativity. Avoiding reality is negativity.

Shobha
January 21, 2008, 05:42 PM
Perhaps you should wake up from your dream world and step back into reality. All the negative comments are correct, and should be said over and over again, until we finally have something positive to say.

so what making negative comments constantly will make everything better? and anywayz i wasnt saying these comments should not be said, i was talkin to faguner agun n if you bother look at his comments in other threads you'll know wat i'm on about ( no disrespect to faguner agun).

Go to sleep little boy, you've got school tomorrw:timeout:

cricket_king
January 21, 2008, 07:20 PM
so what making negative comments constantly will make everything better? and anywayz i wasnt saying these comments should not be said, i was talkin to faguner agun n if you bother look at his comments in other threads you'll know wat i'm on about ( no disrespect to faguner agun).

Go to sleep little boy, you've got school tomorrw:timeout:

Oh brother :rolleyes:
Your "negative comments" are the facts. Face it. And I know you were referring to faguneragun and the point is he's right as well. Why look for the rare positives when there's so many negatives that need to be fixed. Focus on that first. Take some of those pills you so desperately need grandma...you're going senile.

Ishtylish cricketer
January 21, 2008, 07:31 PM
I can go on and on about the faulty system.... but aside from the obvious we lack fit athletic players, our bowlers don't know how to swing even though they bowl at medium pace, can't concentrate in batting, and most important of all they have not guts and determination to succeed. WE LACK SKILLS. It's as simple as that.

Shobha
January 22, 2008, 12:05 PM
Oh brother :rolleyes:
Your "negative comments" are the facts. Face it. And I know you were referring to faguneragun and the point is he's right as well. Why look for the rare positives when there's so many negatives that need to be fixed. Focus on that first. Take some of those pills you so desperately need grandma...you're going senile.

.....your granny's 17? hhmmmmmmmm so how old was she when..:-/:-/

cricket_king
January 23, 2008, 12:38 AM
.....your granny's 17? hhmmmmmmmm so how old was she when..:-/:-/

You'd know...you're 17 yourself. Duh! Not the most intelligent of folks are you? /:)
And stick to the subject. We were talking about why Bangladesh continue losing not my Grandmother. You're proving you don't have a clue about cricket just by talking about unrelated crap in this forum.

Nafi
January 23, 2008, 09:50 AM
I can go on and on about the faulty system.... but aside from the obvious we lack fit athletic players, our bowlers don't know how to swing even though they bowl at medium pace,

God! just shut up you dont know anything, 80-90 mph pace is not medium by anyone's standards, and Ive seen shahadat bowl with a great seam postion that produces brilliant lateswing, mash knows not only standard swing but also knows how to reverse. And syed rasel is just world class when it comes to using swing.

FagunerAgun
January 23, 2008, 12:01 PM
God! just shut up you dont know anything, 80-90 mph pace is not medium by anyone's standards, and Ive seen shahadat bowl with a great seam postion that produces brilliant lateswing, mash knows not only standard swing but also knows how to reverse. And syed rasel is just world class when it comes to using swing.

I agree. To me Rasel is the best pacer in BD now.

Dhruvo
January 24, 2008, 01:28 AM
we are loosing consistently because our players don't try to give a good effort,they have a damn care attitude during the game accept tamim and thats because of lets say zero confidence,they have less self confidence, thus we keep loosing consistently.

Dhruvo
January 24, 2008, 01:29 AM
I agree. To me Rasel is the best pacer in BD now.

yes and his injury was another reason for us not showing a good bowling performance,BTW what happened to mushy these days?

pial
October 18, 2010, 09:07 PM

All the above reasons metioned in the post are still valid. So BCB should pay attention if they want more Banglawash.