PDA

View Full Version : NZ Tour: Your Candidate For "Ekta Laathi Maara Dorkar"

DJ Sahastra
January 14, 2008, 12:12 PM
Okay, so probably i am just venting my own disappointment but i need to let it go too. I really feel like making some of these player kneel down the "Murga" Style while i kick their butt.

It is not as if i expected them to win anything really (Okay, maybe an ODI at best), but they showed a general lack of stomach for fight when faced with the odds (an odd-day of the first Test notwithstanding). This blame is more with the batting line-up; bowlers actually redeemed themselves somewhat.

An ideal situation would be if we get to kick everyone's butt. But lets restrict ourself to one favourite player at a time (Reminds me of my favourite "SpongeBob Squarepant"' episode where the bully keeps on declaring "I am gonna kick your butt").

Who is my candidate? After a lot of thought that spanned about 10 seconds, I would like to Kick Mushfiqur Rahim's butt. 0, 4* (from 12 balls) and 0 again from the 3 ODIs followed by 7,6,8,0 from someone who announced his entry with a fighting and almost heroic 80 during the SL tour and in the process more-than vindicated the decision to be selecetd the premier wicket-keeper of the country, is really pathetic display.

Add to it a less than average wicket-keeping and it further sapped-up any morale that the team had.

He is not the sole player to be blamed but gets on my top-rank for the "Lathi Maara Dorkar".

Who is yours? And please explain why. :-|

Also want to hear some choicest epithets on the line of Arafath Lathiwala's "Shalara .... Ekta Lathi Maara Dorkar".

sadi
January 14, 2008, 12:15 PM
Really tough to pick one among so many deserving candidates. I don't think it will be fair to pick just one. They all deserve it.

Rabz
January 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
Okay, so probably i am just venting my own disappointment but i need to let it go too.

Hear you brother, i hear you.

It is not as if i expected them to win anything really (Okay, maybe an ODI at best)

Kare boli shei dukhkher kotha....

well...your pick is good...that kiddo needs a good spanking...

its hard for me to pick one really... the whole lot was so superb that everyone deserves a share of the pie.......

BanCricFan
January 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
How about Bashing Bashar...the most experienced player who have played in NZ conditions before!

Or should we not kick someone who is already down?

Eshen
January 14, 2008, 01:05 PM
My nominee for "Ekta Laathi" is Rafiqul Alam. He should take it on behalf of the selection panel for not sending Mashud and Rafique to join the Test team.

riaz131
Out of all the frustration one good thing came out of this series is that hopefully, we don't have to see Habla Gazi anymore now that he has reached his 3000. I am really tired and sick of seeing him keep falling on his face like this (supposedly, he is most experience player of Bangladesh... hhhmmmmm... couhg..Bull S*#t...cough)

Tigers_eye
First lathi: Who did the toss. who did it?

riaz131
January 14, 2008, 01:07 PM
And... my precious 1 million dollrs lathi goes to Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... Habla Gazi.

Miraz
January 14, 2008, 01:20 PM
Difficult to pick one.

The whole team except the openers deserve a kora lathhi.

No excuse, simply no excuse.

Shobha
January 14, 2008, 01:23 PM
shonar chele for me!

Sovik
January 14, 2008, 01:25 PM
Every one, including Ather

Shobha
January 14, 2008, 01:25 PM
oh and maybe a little one nothing too drastic to habba/habla/hablu/bablu/boshir

need to watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1xefo6wYJQ&feature=related

Rabz
January 14, 2008, 01:34 PM
....mar lathi... bhang tala...

Omio
January 14, 2008, 01:44 PM
Lathi marte hobe kothy?
samne na piche?

Russell2k7
January 14, 2008, 01:48 PM
Lathi'er bodole ghushi marte parbo?

Sovik
January 14, 2008, 01:50 PM
Lathi marte hobe kothy?
samne na piche?

pick your favorite spot

Shafin
January 14, 2008, 02:00 PM
Durjoy,his tummy needs some redesigning.

Kuddus
January 14, 2008, 02:06 PM
Ash was a flop except the first ODI....only one half century in the whole tour is simply not good enough for the team's best batsman

tonoy
January 14, 2008, 02:08 PM
everyone deserved it. I mean they all worked hard for it.

Murad
January 14, 2008, 02:10 PM
Ash was a flop except the first ODI....only one half century in the whole tour is simply not good enough for the team's best batsman

He was the victim of the bad umpiring 3/4 times in the tour. He was set when the umpire gave him out in two occations, else we would have seen more 50s.

nasimul
January 14, 2008, 03:09 PM
Ekta lathite kaj hobe na. Ekhon theke niom kora dorkar khela shurur 10 min age pura team kane dhore 10 bar utha bosa korbe ja live telecast kora hobe. Taile jodi shikha hoe....

Kabir
January 14, 2008, 03:22 PM
He was the victim of the bad umpiring 3/4 times in the tour. He was set when the umpire gave him out in two occations, else we would have seen more 50s.

Would have/could have diye r kotodin chalabo boss?

In one of the occasions, he was out with a catch that was grassed. My question is, why would he play a shot that would carry that far to the fielder anyway?

A grassed catch does not take any blame away from him for playing that shot. Does it? :)

DJ Sahastra
January 14, 2008, 03:23 PM
Ekta lathite kaj hobe na. Ekhon theke niom kora dorkar khela shurur 10 min age pura team kane dhore 10 bar utha bosa korbe ja live telecast kora hobe. Taile jodi shikha hoe....

Hahahaah, i second that :).

Lathi marte hobe kothy?
samne na piche?

Piche. Don't want to tamper with their future generation :).

Maar Shalara! GonoDholoa, GonaPitane all the way.

Aaahhh... Feels good :saint:

sipon
January 14, 2008, 03:33 PM

thats right , thik dos minite age

BanCricFan
January 14, 2008, 03:35 PM
My nominee for "Ekta Laathi" is Rafiqul Alam. He should take it on behalf of the selection panel for not sending Mashud and Rafique to join the Test team.

Its quite unfair! Rafique is out of form plus didn't play much NCL. For me, it was a toss up between Mashud and Mush...I would have gone with Mashud at the end but Coach and think-tank are thinking long term...so, no blame to selectors. You win some, you lose some!

akabir77
January 14, 2008, 03:36 PM
Out of all the frustration one good thing came out of this series is that hopefully, we don't have to see Habla Gazi anymore now that he has reached his 3000. I am really tired and sick of seeing him keep falling on his face like this (supposedly, he is most experience player of Bangladesh... hhhmmmmm... couhg..Bull S*#t...cough)

I guess you have to be sick for some more months to come...

Kabir
January 14, 2008, 04:13 PM
DJ...

Just a suggestion. Can you change the title from "Ekta lathi maara dorkar" to "Ekadhik lathi mara dorkar"?

May be then I can tell who my candidates will be.

Ekadhik means more than one.

zainab
January 14, 2008, 04:22 PM

Eaxactly, the 12th player( umpire) wanted him out badly. Bad luck to be so targeted.

Moshin
January 14, 2008, 04:26 PM
Well everyone deserves a spank of the laathi real hard... but i think the first who deserves the laathi should be hablu i think... i mean you stop being captain and then you should come back playing good again (like ganguly) but this guy just makes me laugh watchin him play, a guy with 3000 runs come on, 'ekta lathi maraa dhorkar ache ei gadhare! please!'

Caesar
January 14, 2008, 04:52 PM
Prothome, amar ekta laathi dorkar, ghoom na hoye khela dekhar jonne.

Can anyone create a flash animation boxing game (and laathi game), with the bengali player's faces of our choice?

taklima_naj
January 14, 2008, 04:59 PM

yah, I also think this medicine will work for them.

al Furqaan
January 14, 2008, 05:09 PM
except, mash, rajib, tamim, and perhaps junaid and ash, all deserve it.

sakib was too little to late.

djnaved
January 14, 2008, 05:20 PM
not lathi say chotkana
the chotkana goes to:the golden duck boy Musfiqur Rahim orfe number 9 orfe great area( bowler ball korle golden duck boy koi number 9 number 9, great area great area)

arafath79
January 14, 2008, 05:20 PM

Also want to hear some choicest epithets on the line of Arafath Lathiwala's "Shalara .... Ekta Lathi Maara Dorkar".

Hello brother,

I am very disappointed to see the performance of BD batting, fielding and I don't feel like telling them " Shalara ekta laathi mara dorkar". :( Bd batsmen failed in both ODI and Test. :( May be that's not good enough to tell them that.

Mushfique " golden boy " is out of form batsman. But Junaid impressed me and he needs good guidance to improve his batting( he is tall and I think he should practice playing pull and hook shot properly against the short ball).

All I can say to Bangladesh team " Best of luck in the future " !

Tehsin
January 14, 2008, 08:42 PM
This has been used before. Shadhe ki r ei Ad ta banano hoisilo ? majhe majhe to mone hoi nijeke nijei lathi mari - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTPH6XdBzxo&feature=related

Russell2k7
January 14, 2008, 09:23 PM
But Junaid impressed me and he needs good guidance to improve his batting( he is tall and I think he should practice playing pull and hook shot properly against the short ball).

Aare Bro you dont really have to be tall to play pull or hook. Look at South Africa's AB de Villiers, he is not that tall but is one of the best puller and hooker of the ball currently. Nevertheless, yes being tall Z should try to pull the short balls atleast instead of ducking. Afterall, its our Golden Boy's job to duck.

One World
January 14, 2008, 09:25 PM
Is it only me who is feeling that something is not right about this thread? We Bangladeshis do not possess kicking culture. If it is only sarcastic then ok but again kind of brutal and inferior.

DJ Sahastra
January 14, 2008, 09:43 PM
Hello brother,

I am very disappointed to see the performance of BD batting, fielding and I don't feel like telling them " Shalara ekta laathi mara dorkar". :( Bd batsmen failed in both ODI and Test. :( May be that's not good enough to tell them that.

Mushfique " golden boy " is out of form batsman. But Junaid impressed me and he needs good guidance to improve his batting( he is tall and I think he should practice playing pull and hook shot properly against the short ball).

All I can say to Bangladesh team " Best of luck in the future " !

I hear you Brother. It is just that there comes a point where you become kind of immune to even disappointments. :(

A true Bangla fan is a Bangla fan for the lifetime. Still can't help nourish the imagination of "Lathi Maara" every time they come back with the same story of raising the hope and then bringing it all down. :hairpull:

The failures don't bother me. The defeats in Tests don't bother me either - it has happened before. What bothers is the inability to show some fight. Lesser teams with far lesser skills have shown bigger stomach for fight.

I hope some promising talents (Z, Tamim) and some proven talents (Ash, Mash) will live up to some of the promise in the upcoming series. I'll settle for some gritty knocks and a few sessions of making the opposition sweat for every run/wicket.

Good luck and best wishes indeed.

One World,

Pls don't take this all too seriously. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

One World
January 14, 2008, 09:59 PM
I hope some promising talents (Z, Tamim) and some proven talents (Ash, Mash) will live up to some of the promise in the upcoming series. I'll settle for some gritty knocks and a few sessions of making the opposition sweat for every run/wicket.

Good luck and best wishes indeed.

One World,

Pls don't take this all too seriously. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Thanks DJ. Its really nice to see your love for Bangladesh cricket.

Niceman70
January 14, 2008, 10:17 PM
i would not spank them. I would rather hire sumos from japan and they will do the work. i will have them jump on them and rub their butts on every players face. I would not mind if Sony Saab broadcast it live.

:mad:

jabbar
January 14, 2008, 10:33 PM
Piche. Don't want to tamper with their future generation :).

U actually want these guys to reproduce so we have more incompetent cricketers on our hands?

MarufH
January 14, 2008, 10:47 PM
pick your favorite spot

hahahahahha....hehehehhehee....hahahahah

:floor::floor::floor:

wiseshah
January 14, 2008, 11:09 PM
Okay, so probably i am just venting my own disappointment but i need to let it go too. I really feel like making some of these player kneel down the "Murga" Style while i kick their butt.

Who is my candidate? After a lot of thought that spanned about 10 seconds, I would like to Kick Mushfiqur Rahim's butt. 0, 4* (from 12 balls) and 0 again from the 3 ODIs followed by 7,6,8,0 from someone who announced his entry with a fighting and almost heroic 80 during the SL tour and in the process more-than vindicated the decision to be selecetd the premier wicket-keeper of the country, is really pathetic display.

ha ha ha. best thread title ever.

my choice is 1. all selectors : for their non stop comedy
2. mushfiq rahim ---- for occupying a spot. 3. habibul/nafees-----both

cricket_king
January 14, 2008, 11:14 PM
Mushfique wasn't expected to do much anyway. I really don't see him lasting long in the side with Khaled Mashud scoring continuously and Dhiman Ghosh coming up. The one that should get hit with a laathi is Aftab Ahmed. A bitter disappointment.

Dhakablues
January 14, 2008, 11:42 PM
I think as far as players goes... it will be Bashar/Nafis/ that I would blame the most after the selectors. Mushfique didnt have any choice as he played what he could... mediocre cricket. I hope after this ( actually these..) performance, people will realize that Mushfique is not the Mesiah that they were looking for and nor would he "learn and become great" over the next few months with time. Let him come back with performance. Bashar/Nafis had better experience and couldve done better. And my pick for "Lathi" is... Bashar and Nafis. Offcourse, my Kil Ghushi Thappor goes to the "bokolom" "spineless" selectors who guaranteed our dismal failure.

pocha
January 15, 2008, 12:00 AM
And the award goes to................................................ .....

Yayyyyyyyyyy the Golden Duck - Oh sorry the golden bolod.

Ekta na dosta Lathi + Ekta ghusi mara dorkar. Let Mushi go back to school and complete his studies first.

kalpurush
January 15, 2008, 12:21 AM
[বাংলা]সবই আমাদের কপালের দোষ...:(
আমি আমার কপালেই লাথথি মারছি...:hairpull::head:

[/বাংলা]

desirocker
January 15, 2008, 02:25 AM

It is not as if i expected them to win anything really (Okay, maybe an ODI at best), but they showed a general lack of stomach for fight when faced with the odds (an odd-day of the first Test notwithstanding). This blame is more with the batting line-up; bowlers actually redeemed themselves somewhat.

An ideal situation would be if we get to kick everyone's butt. But lets restrict ourself to one favourite player at a time (Reminds me of my favourite "SpongeBob Squarepant"' episode where the bully keeps on declaring "I am gonna kick your butt").

Add to it a less than average wicket-keeping and it further sapped-up any morale that the team had.

He is not the sole player to be blamed but gets on my top-rank for the "Lathi Maara Dorkar".

Mama, they need to get publicly humiliated like the indians were after WC 07... may b after that they start improving...( but still not sure if it'd whether work or not)

mac
January 15, 2008, 05:20 AM
Latthi dimu New Zelanders gula k....ken slip a catch miss korlo na?
Latthi dimu Vettori k.....toss ken jotlo?
Latthi dimu amake...kon dukkhe ami esob likhlam!

Navarene
January 15, 2008, 05:31 AM
Oh maaaan..you have just uttered my thought out of your mouth. Act of this selection panel is somehow biased (for picking Javed for ODI squad) and have personal ego issue (for not picking Rafiq over tooth and brainless Enamul Jr or Razzak).

Kabir
January 15, 2008, 10:57 AM
Nobody liked my proposal for changing the title from "ekta lathi mara dorkar" to "EKADHIK lathi mara dorkar" :(

DJ Sahastra
January 15, 2008, 11:52 AM
Nobody liked my proposal for changing the title from "ekta lathi mara dorkar" to "EKADHIK lathi mara dorkar" :(

On the contrary, seems like everyone wants "ekadhik lathi maara". "Ekta" is just to make sure their tempers are in control and they don't lose sight of banglar hospitality. ;)

In fact, they "EKADHIK lathi mara dorkar" on "Onek Player" instead of just one. /:)