PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh cricket jerseys

jabbar
January 14, 2008, 08:53 PM
I wanted to know if any of our BC members proudly wear their BD cricket jerseys in public, and when they play cricket, or go for training?

I recently bought one during my holiday in Bangladesh, but I'm not sure what to do: I feel to ashamed about the team that has performed so poorly against NZ...

Sovik
January 14, 2008, 08:55 PM
I wanted to know if any of our BC members proudly wear their BD cricket jerseys in public, and when they play cricket, or go for training?

I recently bought one during my holiday in Bangladesh, but I'm not sure what to do: I feel to ashamed about the team that has performed so poorly against NZ...

i haven't worn it in public, not because of i am ashamed but its because of cold.

Antora
January 14, 2008, 09:15 PM

wear it to all the Bangladeshi shows that are held in melbourne! lol

Go_Bangladesh
January 14, 2008, 11:14 PM
I am ashamed that people are ashamed to wear the Bangladesh jersey, I wore the Bangladesh jersey many times in the last 8 months(since I got it during the WC) in public and during times when we weren't performing good and I wore it proudly. This team is all we have that actually compete for our nation at a level that is very highly recognized and who cares that we perform badly, we still have so many fans (Non-Bangladeshi) who simply fall in love with our youthful unpredictable side. I am proud of our team and our players and wear the jersey with pride.

Yameen
January 15, 2008, 04:19 AM
not ashamed at all, i wear my one to training n when i bat i wear the green Albion helmet as used by our players lolz..

nzfan
January 15, 2008, 04:28 AM
why feel ashamed about YOUR team, just think about it in 10 years time when YOUR team is one of the best, then you can look back and feel proud that you supported them through the difficult times, and call yourself a true fan

Yameen
January 15, 2008, 05:35 AM
very well put nzfan

cricket_king
January 15, 2008, 06:29 AM
why feel ashamed about YOUR team, just think about it in 10 years time when YOUR team is one of the best, then you can look back and feel proud that you supported them through the difficult times, and call yourself a true fan

Another 10 years? Ahhhh I probably won't even live that long! :hairpull:

Sovik
January 15, 2008, 06:41 AM
BD jerseys are hard to find. So be proud if you have one

Rabz
January 15, 2008, 07:12 AM
Im just ashamed that i dont have one.

Would be wearing it proudly if i had.

Who cares about thier performance?

My mouth is good enough for any nay-sayers in front of me.

Runtings
January 15, 2008, 07:29 AM
I don't feel ashamed, however, really wear the ones with Grameen Phone on the chest instead of Bangladesh! Luckily recently got Bangladesh football jersey which I'd rather wear.

Sovik
January 15, 2008, 07:56 AM

thats the spirit. i am never ashamed of my country.

lamisa
January 15, 2008, 10:50 AM
y wud any true fan b ashamed 2 wear the bd jersey?dis is disgraceful dat a bd fan is ashamed 2 wear a bd jersey!

karimjay.
January 16, 2008, 02:35 AM
I've looked EVERYWHERE for a jersey..

I get these tight trippy ones who are made out of tracksuit material..

cricket_king
January 16, 2008, 06:00 AM
I don't feel ashamed, however, really wear the ones with Grameen Phone on the chest instead of Bangladesh! Luckily recently got Bangladesh football jersey which I'd rather wear.

Footballer obosta aaro kharap.

Sovik
January 16, 2008, 07:29 AM
I've looked EVERYWHERE for a jersey..

I get these tight trippy ones who are made out of tracksuit material..

i bought one from ebay and its really uncomfortable. kinda itchy, no wonder our players don't perform well. they just want to get out of those

BD Tigers
January 16, 2008, 08:28 PM
Dear thread opener, u ashamed me asking question like that. Wear it no matter what. This is our country and our team.

Mahir
January 17, 2008, 01:41 PM

I've got 3 different versions of our ODI outfit : replicas of the dark green/red stripe one from the 2005 England tour and the complete WC 2007 set, and also a near remake of the T20 World Cup jersey. I've always worn the 2005 version in local cricket matches and to university ever since I bought it two years ago. I got the WC set from Bangladesh a couple months ago, and I've been wearing it to my practice every week.

Putting our team colours, to me, is a matter of real pride, and I never hesitated to wear 'em in public places. Yes, our team's performances dont help the cause all the time, and it hurts inside, but that doesnt hold me back from wearing our team jerseys. As fans of our national team, we need to have a lot of patience. A sense of shame will never help.

:big_hug:

Rifat
January 17, 2008, 03:06 PM
i have a bangladesh cap the national players occasionally wear, most people sais it looks "cool". in fact one of my friends urged me to teach him cricket.

Nafis_BD
January 19, 2008, 11:10 PM

Ditto!!!:notworthy:

If someone starts making fun of me then I tell them to bring it on in the field because if you have noticed most of the people who are like that mostly don't have any more knowledge about cricket than an eskimo does or they are just arrogant idiots and like picking on weaker teams like BD!!