PDA

View Full Version : should bashar play against SA? Mashud to replace Rahim?

FHossain
January 15, 2008, 07:32 AM
These are my concerns for the SA series. Two front line seamers or three? Try a defensive batting line up in 1st test, bring back mashud, saleh and rafique. drop aftab and Islam for tests. We need strong top 7 batters. What about: Tamim, Nafeez, Ashraful, Saleh, Shakib, Mashud, Reza, Rafique, Mortaza, Shahadat, Rasel. Outside chances for test squad: Bashar, Kapali, Junaeed, Omar.

And For ODI Team: Tamim, Nafeez, Ashraful, Aftab, Shaqib, Junaeed, Reza, Mashud, Rafique, Mortaza, Rasel.

Sovik
January 15, 2008, 07:57 AM
we need bashar in the team until the world ends and masud too.

shaad
January 15, 2008, 08:36 AM

With Bashar in the team, the world of Bangladeshi test cricket might well come to a quick end.:-p And this isn't to excuse the other members of the team in NZ who also showed terrible judgement and temperament.

Tigers_eye
January 15, 2008, 08:58 AM
it is the selectors, coach and the Captain's decision to make. Doesn't matter what we fans think. We are not more experienced than any of the above mentioned. Nor we do know the circurstances.

Coaches make plans thinking all Xs and Os (opponents strength and weaknesses, pitches, players strength and weaknesses, immidiate past and future performances etc.). If players fit those plans they are in. They represent Bangladesh. Make sense?

Most of the regular members know here where I stand on both of them. Against SA I think 2 seamers and two spinners is a must with Shakib as an alrounder. Aftab should be there for fast spinning if needed. Didn't he take five wickets last time against SA?

Russell2k7
January 15, 2008, 09:13 AM
I'd pick anyone instead of Rahim. Rofl @ fast spinning.

lamisa
January 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
no, rahim is fine plus i think siddons has long term plans 4 him,remember him saying dat he vl b da golden boy?maybe hez making mushfiq now.bashar,i dunno maybe 4 tests only and lets see wat happens in dat camp thing.

cracky
January 15, 2008, 11:04 AM
come on guys, Bashar is our "Golden Chacha". He should stay in national team until his grandson takes his place.

cracky
January 15, 2008, 11:05 AM
and Pilot better apply for a job in "Quatar Airlaines".

akabir77
January 15, 2008, 11:13 AM
Kids Can"t Play Test.

Rabz
January 15, 2008, 11:36 AM
I dont care who plays and who not. It certainly wont be beside the known 20 something players.

But what i want is a super spin-friendly pitch, where the ball should turn the moment it hits the ground.

Cuz if one thing i know, it is South African's weakness in playin spin.
hec, we got them with our 3 left armers in the world cup. And this time we are talking about home ground advantage.

I see a big chance of Rafiq making his way into the team.
The think tank would definitely consider his experience against the backdrop of the abundance of youth and inexperience in the team.

With our fragile batting line, he is someone whom you can count on making 20 runs coming lower down the order.
He's got a test century in west indies, doesnt he?

How many "batsman" in our team can claim to have a test century against thier name?

As for Bashar and Mushfiq, i could not care less if they played or about their replacements. Neither of that lot would make any visible difference to the outcome of the match.

Unfortunately, our success/failure still depends on the "u-know-who" selected couple of players.

The rest just makes up the number.

abu2abu
January 16, 2008, 07:30 AM
it is the selectors, coach and the Captain's decision to make. Doesn't matter what we fans think. We are not more experienced than any of the above mentioned. Nor we do know the circurstances.

This is all true tiger_eye, of course the selector's/coach etc pick the team. However, it does matter what the fans think, everyone's entitled to an opinion and the whole point of this forum is for us to share and air such views. Part of the fun of supporting a team is speculating on it's make up and how it can be improved...

al Furqaan
January 16, 2008, 11:46 AM
i don think there is room for mashud. a technically deficient player. NCL runs don't mean a whole lot to me.

DJ Sahastra
January 16, 2008, 11:54 AM
I would let Bashar play the first Test if he is going to announce his retirement.

I think he deserves that much. Who knows - he might even make a 100.

Moshin
January 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
Things that need to change in the team: Get rid of Bashar he is an embarrasment to the team even though with 3000 just plays dangerously nothing we can expect from him, and we definetly need to get back Pilot back in the team Mushi has just lost it, and we need the older mini-legends back in the side like, Rajin Saleh, Mohammed Rafique. The opening order seems tricky, you got Tamim & Zunaed, Javed & Nafees. Looking at experience and average, I think it should be Tamim and Nafees for the top order.

The squad for SA: Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees, Junaed Siddique, Rajin Saleh, Mohammed Ashraful (c), Saqibul Hasan, Khaled Mashud (wk), Mohammed Rafique, Mashrafe Mortaza, Shahadat Hossain, Sajidul Islam.

akabir77
January 16, 2008, 12:38 PM
i don think there is room for mashud. a technically deficient player. NCL runs don't mean a whole lot to me.

O tai naki? Technically good dea ki hobey jodi brain ey cricket na thakey r cricket er C o na bujey. we need to get them in so that we have some runs and time on the board it doesn't matter how bad!!! it looks. we don't want a test finished in 1st half hour of a TEST.

Dhakablues
January 16, 2008, 04:12 PM
So,, we now introduce another newcomer for the wicketkeeping role? Siddons himselfs admits that the team is young and needs experience. I dont think he is aware of Rafique or Mashud. Unless he is thinking of himself as a youth team coach, he needs to demand more from the selectors and understand that we do have few folks outside the current team who still have much cricket left in their career. Mashud is one of them. The only reason Mashud was left out was to include couple of wild cards for the last world cup. He was never thought of to be worthless even by Faruque. If there was not an ego battle,, Mashud/Rafique wouldve been in the squad. Fans must understand that Test cricket is not for the young,, there is no test nation in the world that has this many U-20 players and there is a reason for that. We are NOT A SUPER TALENTED nation full of cricketers that is producing Tendulkar/Richards every other series. Seems like we are trying to implement the strategy of "Kiliye Kathal Pakano" and expecting mere 19 year olds to act like 34 year old experienced cricketers.

BD Tigers
January 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
Yesterday there is a 30+ guy got his baggy green cap against India. If Australia can bring a guy that late, why we always think our old generations are worthless? I say they both shud play and have Mushi on standby for Tests. Rafique shud definitely come back.

Gowza
January 17, 2008, 06:54 AM
i think as long as mashud can keep in shape and keep up his keeping abilities then he should be fine for another 4 maybe more years, some players these days don't retire until they're late 30s. anyway i say either bring mashud back or try dhiman, mashud is the best gloveman in the country and in test cricket for a keeper the gloves is their most important role, wickets are just too precious to miss in test cricket. on the other hand dhiman is a great prospect and BD really do need to groom another young keeper so they have a good back up in the future. but i think it would be beneficial for rahim if he went back to the A team and/or domestic cricket for a little while to work on a few area's of his game.

nobody
January 17, 2008, 06:59 AM
Bashar plan to play till 2009. I read it in this week's Sapatahik 2000

FHossain
January 17, 2008, 07:06 AM
I agree, without a doubt Mashud provides the following: Test Match mentality when batting, he will score a 30 or a 50 in 120-150 balls, classic test requirement ratio, he keeps wicket the best in country, he is at prime age, 31 is perfect for cricket, why do we think that 18 -23 is suitable, its nonsense. Ricky ponting, kumble, Vaughan, Vetorri, Malik, Smith, these are other test captains all aged between 28-37. Mashud has vast experience. Rahim is nowhere near same mentality, experience, ability and awareness. Mix the team with experience, such as Rafique, Mashud, Saleh. These 3 are true test match players, especially compared to rahim and aftab!!!!

zainab
January 17, 2008, 07:07 AM
Mashud and Rafique should be in Siddons training camp. They still have the talent and experience, ezpecially Rafique with his bowling. Mashud is a better option for WC/batsman in Tests. Mushy can continue in ODIs

I hope that Rafique can get over his attitude problem and think about the team first.

cricket_pagol
January 17, 2008, 07:53 AM
Rahim's keeping has improved in recent times under the guidance of Siddons... His batting will also improve. Although his recent batting form is below par, I expect him to come good in the near future.

Russell2k7
January 17, 2008, 08:18 AM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Mushfiq is our Golden Boy
without a clue

Fazal
January 17, 2008, 08:53 AM
Basher Konchi aka baka
Phul dhoreche jhaka jhaka....
Kintu Phol to ar dhorey na.... time to cut the tree and plant a new one.

Hmmmm Masuda na Rahima.... nah ... I will rather go with a morod like Dhiman

Nabil-Jpn
January 17, 2008, 09:12 AM
Bashar ke out kore-Nazimuddin ke newa uchid, Golden boy ke out kore-Diman Gush ke newa uchid, Rfaique, rubel are the best option in spin track pitch.........

DJ Sahastra
January 17, 2008, 11:15 AM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Mushfiq is our Golden Boy
without a clue

Someone translate please. I am looking at a good Bangla translation.

Gulab Hoyeche Laal
--------
Mushfiq Amar Sonar Beta
Kintu Kichhu Bujhlem Nai

.. Okay, i am close! :hairpull:

Fazal
January 17, 2008, 11:23 AM
Someone translate please. I am looking at a good Bangla translation.

Gulab Hoyeche Laal
--------

Gulab Hoyeche Laal
Beguni Hoyeche Nil
Mushfiq amader shonar chandu
mathar bhitor nai kono ghilu

Dhakablues
January 17, 2008, 12:11 PM
How about this un-spicy one:

Golap hoy lal
Akash hoy neel
Mushfique kibhabey shonar cheley
bojhai mushkil...

Rifat
January 17, 2008, 02:31 PM

for once, i think he had more than enough Genuine chances to prove his real worth of respect BCB has offered him, sadly, he didn't make the most of it.

he has received many respect for his career contributions to Bangladesh cricket, as he should have from fans and BCB, team alike. but his days are simply over, he can't play cricket no more it is as simple as that and having him in the top 11 is like playing with 10 players on the team... he has completely lost it, it would be a very smart move if he stays out of the team. sorry, it sounds quite harsh but it is the truth,

the rest of the team members... they have ways to improve but Habibul Bashar's days of improvement are over, we salute him for contributing many many 50's(24 to be exact) and 3 hundreds in his career to make the best out of the worst test cricketing nation!

Rifat
January 17, 2008, 02:32 PM
Khaled mashud? he had a great start in NCL and since Rahim was out of form, i didn't see how Khaled Mashud could have screwed us up... hopefully he will get a chance in the next tour.

Send Rahim to A team.

Russell2k7
January 17, 2008, 02:41 PM
Hahaha Fazal bhai and Dhakablues excellent.

ialbd
January 17, 2008, 03:13 PM
sometimes I feel, too much injustice has been done to KM.... and now if he makes it to the team and fails again he'll be like thrown stones at for the rest of his life...

golden boy .... sigh.... what else.... we know the 'Ashraful' path is flawed, but we still keep sending new players down there.....

Gowza
January 17, 2008, 03:45 PM
rahim is performing very poorly and if BD want to try and find the best team then they have to try other options, it's silly not to give dhiman ago when he's done very well with the gloves in the longer version matches in the NCL this season and his batting average for the list A matches was around 47. it proves he's capable with both gloves and bat and while rahim is doing poorly what better chance than to groom another young keeper? (something they need to do eventually) rahim can go back to A team and dometic cricket, work on his game and get some confidence and at the same time dhiman can get some international experience, even if he doesn't play in tests and just plays one-dayers it's beneficial to BD's future. mashud can fill in in tests if they don't think dhiman is ready.

Fazal
January 17, 2008, 04:29 PM
Rahim came at the wrong time. When he was brought back, he was having an off form. Even though I am all for new blood, I was not hopeful about his success in this series. When he was brought back last year it was more to dump Pilot rather than Rahim's performance. Therefore it was rushed and wrong timing for this talented but off form young player. Management wanted to dump Pilot because of his not so friendly relationship with the Management as well as fall of Pilot's batting skills. If you see for the last 1+ year's performance of Rahim, you will see nothing spectacular to suggest that he is progressing. Looks like he is struggling both in the national team as well as domestic league. Now with Pilot's form is back (kind of) and Dhiman performing well, there will be more presuure on Rahim. And I guess he will struggle more. I am a Rahim fan. But I think in sort term, it may not be bad for his career to take a break and come back with his form and confidence back in future... but not now.

zahid
January 17, 2008, 06:19 PM
No , Yes.

Omio
January 17, 2008, 07:13 PM
yes, yes

Ajfar
January 17, 2008, 09:56 PM
wat's the point of having basharr...it's a free wicket for SA...

Ishtylish cricketer
January 18, 2008, 02:16 PM
How about this un-spicy one:

Golap hoy lal
Akash hoy neel
Mushfique kibhabey shonar cheley
bojhai mushkil...

haha.

zainab
January 18, 2008, 03:14 PM
Dhiman Ghosh should be given a chance now, even if only for one ODI, my choice for tests is still Mashud.

Mushy's batting is below par, but IMO, his glove work has improved since the WC in the WI. He is only 19 yrs old, so there is lots of time for him, but he should have competition.