PDA

View Full Version : ICC Championship trophy news

fwullah
September 7, 2002, 10:43 PM
After two different tours supervised by two different individual coaches - Mohsin Kamal and Ali Zia, now both of them will stick together and go with the national team in the ICC championship trophy.

Now the players can't complain about having no batting coach this time.

fwullah
September 7, 2002, 11:00 PM
Janakantha report is emphasizing on the non-availability of Naimur Rahman and Mushfiqur Rahman.

But I think the main problem would be the fast bowling department - bowling with the new ball. The Janakantha report has not mentioned anything about Sharif or Mashrafe.

Because, Talha Jubair has not played any One Day International matches and as far as I've seen him in the test matches, he can't maintain a good line and length to the left-handers.

Tapash Baisya is a good second string bowler, but he gives away far too many runs to take a wicket.

I am not saying that Sharif or Mashrafe would have been more economical, but still, they can be compared to Manju.

But Manju cannot be compared with either Talha or Tapash because of their inexperience as a one day bowler.

fwullah
September 8, 2002, 09:19 PM
Inquilab reports that BCB President has done well not to select TOUR MANAGER (Mahmudul Haque Manu) to go with the team.

Does it mean anything? I read it before somewhere that Manu knows everything about the national players - this kind of staffs, haven't heard what is exactly wrong with that.

Mahmood
September 9, 2002, 11:04 AM
It means nothing.

Our reporters are idiots with zero integraty. Today they will write Mr. x sucks, tomoroow, they will say, he is the best.