acbizz
October 23, 2003, 01:46 PM
Whats wrong with this guy ?

Either he doesn't know the rules or doesn't like our batemen. :mad:

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by acbizz]

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by acbizz]

Sham
October 23, 2003, 03:43 PM
He is an incompetent umpire. He didn't give atleast two plumb LBWs yesterday, one for Tresco and one for Thorpe, the two highest scorers for England. I don't know how this guy continues to be on ICC Elite Panel of umpires. Someone must love him.

tnb
October 23, 2003, 03:58 PM
If some one breaks down his wrong decisions it will come out that most of them are against brown or blacks. He surely is very tentative in judging matters against the whites. He is a good example of a house slave.

Big Cat
October 23, 2003, 04:20 PM
[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Big Cat]

acbizz
October 23, 2003, 05:19 PM
De Silva and his friends

"See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil"

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by acbizz]

opening_batsman
October 23, 2003, 07:03 PM
Asoka is a Joke he should never umpire again after his performance. Does he know what LBW stands for. How can you win when it 11 against 12. Rafique has been robbed of wickets because of this man's incompetence.
Trescothick was plumb on 94 and Thorpe was plumb on 43 - they got 113 and 64 which is an extra 40 runs that they shouldn't have got.

Runtings
October 24, 2003, 05:15 AM
No not again.....what has he got against bd.

Javed Omar just went out for lbw by him when tv replay shows 'hugh' inside edge.

quote cricinfo:

'tv replays shows that Omar got a huge inside edge on to his pad, once again Asoka de Silva gets it wrong!'

Sami
October 24, 2003, 05:19 AM
dhor betare... bd charte deya uchit na... onek jalaitese beta.. :mad: ei match e jodi hari shob dosh ei ahammok umpire er... :mad:

acbizz
October 24, 2003, 08:24 AM
From Wisden Bulletin :

Omar took his chances against the new ball, swinging the bat to good effect and increasing the lead as well his handy partnership with Rahman. But Omar's fighting innings came to an unlucky end when Asoka de Silva gave him lbw to a slower ball from Hoggard. The ball would have hit middle, but Omar got a clear inside edge onto his pad (219 for 6). England needed all the help they could get, but in the end even that wicket was small relief.

MAN THIS GUY IS ASKING FOR IT. I WISH I WERE IN DHAKA STADIUM NOW.
mad::mad::mad:

" jalo jalo agun jalo
asokar ....... agun jalo eksathe"

fwullah
October 24, 2003, 09:10 AM
I think this guy gives out purely on the basis of purely a batsman's reputation.

Habibul Bashar is a good reputed batsman in his eyes, and so he gets a 'not out' decision when he clearly pulls the ball - like in the world cup, Sumon did not deserve to get all those 50 runs that he got, and then Javed is not a good reputed batsman in his eyes, and so gets the 'out' decision.

rafiq
October 24, 2003, 09:33 AM
sham or someone said we should write a letter. just had an idea - how about starting an online petition against him at petitiononline.com? It's free and someone has to draft a brief appeal letter to the ICC asking that de SIlva be removed from the elite umpires panel. it's not just against BD, there are examples against other teams as well. if you float it across major cricket boards, maybe there will be quite a few signatures. then simply point the icc towards the appeal/signatures. probably won't do us any good but it will be fun to watch the signatures pile up and some of the comments!!

acbizz
October 24, 2003, 09:40 AM
Is this asoka"s photo ?

Carte Blanche
October 24, 2003, 09:53 AM
I faxed a letter to ICC about Asoka's umpiring issue. Also sent e-mails to some BD newspapers (specially the english ones, I couldn't find observer's contact address though) asking them to shed some more light on such dubious umpiring. As for the letter to ICC, I doubt they would give a crap about the whinings of some avid BD fan, but hey, no harm trying eh?

rafiq
October 24, 2003, 09:55 AM
you can get hundreds/thousands of signatures in no time with petitiononline, so it won't just be a few bd fans (may be wishful thinking on my part though)

Mahmood
October 24, 2003, 09:58 AM
Normally, an official cricket board sends in a written complaint to ICC about an Umpire. Then ICC takes it seriously, and the umpire gets reviewed.

In this case, our BCB did nothing. So this will continue and we fans will have to suffer.

BCB probably won't do anything this time also.

acbizz
October 24, 2003, 10:42 AM
I just bought a domain name out of anger.
www.bangla-army.com

I will post asoka's photo under the heading "The World Dumbest Umpire"

feeling good now :)

Nasif
October 24, 2003, 11:07 AM
acbizz you da man!

go bangla-army go....

Mahmood
October 24, 2003, 12:55 PM
Make sure to put some catchy keyword (international cricket, test odi, bangladesh cricket, etc) on the meta tag of the index file. Also, if you feel like, put a link for true tiger fans to find their den.

Do you need a place to host the domain?

Mahmood
October 24, 2003, 01:18 PM
BCB has decided to make official written complain against Ashoka.

This will do us good. Even if he doesnt get decomissioned, ICC will try their best not to let him umpire another BD match.

It is late, but a good decision.

Sami
October 24, 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by acbizz
I just bought a domain name out of anger.
www.bangla-army.com

I will post asoka's photo under the heading "The World Dumbest Umpire"

feeling good now :)

WOW...

to rajputro: Thats great news :)

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by radicalsami]

NADIR
October 25, 2003, 12:33 AM
I dont why he is still in ICC panel. He has given plenty bad decision and never try imporve his performance. Does ICC has any panel to check and performance of a Umpire.

Tehsin
October 25, 2003, 05:38 PM
Any idea what they are talking about ? I mised the game:

Former captain Nasser Hussain also failed again following his first innings nought.

He was out lbw for 17 after surviving two other good shouts and twice edging the ball through slip.

cricketnext (http://www.cricketnext.com/news1/next/reutersOct03/reuters170.htm)

chinaman
October 25, 2003, 05:49 PM
Rafiq, excellent idea. This time probably we wouldn't need it, but as things unfold, we'll have to go for it pretty soon.

cricman
May 10, 2007, 06:57 AM
I had to dig this up after today

Protic
May 10, 2007, 07:00 AM
Cricman GREAT WORK!! I needed a place to bash at Asoka the ash De Silva......
WATS UP WITH THIS GUY ??? DAMNNNNNN..HE's A LOW LIFEEEEEEEE

Sumon77
May 10, 2007, 07:04 AM
whats the use of blaming the umpire... though he did not give the clean LBW, but these things happen in cricket. we have to live with it. We couldnt capitalize the pressure on the indians, thanks to our captain... and also razzak missed the runout.

WarWolf
May 10, 2007, 07:06 AM
I think BCB should straightly tell ICC that they don't Asoka De Silva as umpire in any BD game. Enough is enough.

Protic
May 10, 2007, 07:09 AM
Yeah.. but that OUT would have been IMMENSE PRESSURE..and hey.. this is international cricket and he's part of the elite umpiring team.. He should judge THESE minor decisions right..eh?

knightrider357
May 10, 2007, 07:09 AM
RAB er hathe dhorai deowa uchit.... they can take care of him...

knightrider357
May 10, 2007, 07:12 AM
Yeah.. but that OUT would have been IMMENSE PRESSURE..and hey.. this is international cricket and he's part of the elite umpiring team.. He should judge THESE minor decisions right..eh?

i dont know why do they call these losers "ELITE" umpires... Daryl Hair, Assoka they all suck... they should be stripped off this position...

cricman
May 10, 2007, 07:12 AM
We lost the Test at Multan because of this guy, all credit to Dhoni, he played a great innings but this guys has been screwing us for too long

bulbul_fan
May 10, 2007, 07:14 AM
ashoka is worst umpire....mahahbub is bettar than him!!!! bcb shud avoid him for bd match!!!

knightrider357
May 10, 2007, 07:18 AM
BCB has decided to make official written complain against Ashoka.

This will do us good. Even if he doesnt get decomissioned, ICC will try their best not to let him umpire another BD match.

It is late, but a good decision.

almost 4 yrs... i am still waiting for BCB"s written complain... or ICC's reaction to that

psj
May 10, 2007, 07:55 AM
The first umpiring mistake in Cricketing History.....
chill guys...its all part of the game

chinatown
May 10, 2007, 07:59 AM
Ashoka plz don't [] to us again...sorry for my comment

Outswinger
May 10, 2007, 08:05 AM
Just kill him anyway !!!!!!!!

But , Dhoni saved his house this time ..........

uss01
May 10, 2007, 08:18 AM
yes, i saw on the news where his house was demolished, during the world cup, hehe. For his new residence, he can buy a condo with top security, haha.

ialbd
May 10, 2007, 08:55 AM
blaming poor umpiring is as good as 'nachte na janle uthan baka' to me...

Bad decision involves luck factor and this can happen anytime, so can playing down the ball on the stumps or getting runout while backing up with the ball brushing the bowler's hand....

but when this happens repeatedly (referring to Asoka de Silva against BD), I am compelled to think otherwise, and as the orginial poster said (on Oct 2003), whats wrong with this guy?

WarWolf
May 10, 2007, 09:14 AM

Boy do you know the history of his mistakes against bangladesh? Please don't talk about a thing that you don't know.

akabir77
May 10, 2007, 09:30 AM
I wanna buy ticket to bangladesh and kick his [..edit..] ***....

Please help me help you kick his ***, donate for my plane ticket...

I knew something like this might happen. I though that low life was banned against BD game what happen to that. I am going to burn his house down.

fwullah
May 10, 2007, 10:36 AM
Don't blame the umpire when our players don't believe in themselves to win.

fwullah
May 10, 2007, 10:40 AM
We lost the Test at Multan because of this guy, all credit to Dhoni, he played a great innings but this guys has been screwing us for too long

How about all the run out opportunities that we missed?

Our players need to improve on their basics while fielding, if they had their basics right, then we would not have to blame Ashoka for our own mistakes.

istiak
May 10, 2007, 10:44 AM

First? Can you count number?

This is the man who single handadly took away our first test victory against Pakistan in Multan.

You must be feeling unhappy now......as i can understand u r from ind.

We got a very long history of problem about this man.

DO NOT make a comment if you have little idea about the history!!

psj
May 10, 2007, 10:48 AM
Boy do you know the history of his mistakes against bangladesh? Please don't talk about a thing that you don't know.

Kid,If you think he is behind all ur defeats in Cricket,Then why doesnt ur BCB have the b**** to ask him not to officiate..Or is this going to be ur excuse for all the matches that u r going to loose?

istiak
May 10, 2007, 10:48 AM
How about all the run out opportunities that we missed?

Our players need to improve on their basics while fielding, if they had their basics right, then we would not have to blame Ashoka for our own mistakes.

Missing run out DONOT make de Silva's decision correct. I know we missed a golden chance to get Karthik out. But this de Silva man got problem and i am sure you know it very well and its nothing to do with this match only.

istiak
May 10, 2007, 10:51 AM
Kid,If you think he is behind all ur defeats in Cricket,Then why doesnt ur BCB have the b**** to ask him not to officiate..Or is this going to be ur excuse for all the matches that u r going to loose?

I think ur logic is very poor. BCB still doesn't have enough money like BCCI to manipulate officials.

psj
May 10, 2007, 10:53 AM
I think ur logic is very poor. BCB still doesn't have enough money like BCCI to manipulate officials.

Has BCB ever complained abt him?

Ahmed_B
May 10, 2007, 10:59 AM
Considering Ashoka's history in BD match umpiring... BCB probably will have do that in near future.

istiak
May 10, 2007, 11:10 AM

Why soemm body have to complain? Is ICC and its ump selection panel is completely blind or they have a different agenda?

psj
May 10, 2007, 11:16 AM
Why soemm body have to complain? Is ICC and its ump selection panel is completely blind or they have a different agenda?

Dont behave like a baby...What agenda wld ICC have against BD.If they had an Agenda you wldnt have got to the super 8's in the WC.

bharat
May 10, 2007, 11:20 AM

What ...:timeout:

Man, dont be a poor looser....

These things happen ..poor decisions are a part of the game ..and it was just one ..I can show you instances where more than a few went against India in a single match ...u win some and you loose some ..but blaming India or BCCI doesnt get you anywhere ...

Tintin
May 10, 2007, 11:23 AM

Bangladesh is not alone in having a bogey umpire they cannot seem to get rid of.

India has Steve Bucknor who appears at every inopportune moment to spoil things. In addition to the mistakes, he never waste a chance to treat Indian players as if they are spoilt kids. Despite the apparent power and influence of BCCI, he still regularly get appointed for India's matches.

Pakistan had David Sheppard but happily for them he is now retired.

jinglenuts
May 10, 2007, 11:35 AM
eyi baatare urayiyaa pabnar pagolkhaanaaye fela uchit.

shuziburo
May 10, 2007, 04:27 PM
Bangladesh is not alone in having a bogey umpire they cannot seem to get rid of.

India has Steve Bucknor who appears at every inopportune moment to spoil things. In addition to the mistakes, he never waste a chance to treat Indian players as if they are spoilt kids. Despite the apparent power and influence of BCCI, he still regularly get appointed for India's matches.

Pakistan had David Sheppard but happily for them he is now retired.

Mr. Bucknor may be a good umpire, but he is bad against all subcontinental teams. That LBW decision against Mahela Jaywardhane in the WC Final was one of the worst I have ever seen.

Someone mentioned that bad umpiring decisions are part of the game. Yes, they are. But, some affect the ultimate result, some don't. De Silva's decision was of the former category. Dhoni scored 80 runs after that missed lbw. Everything is possible in cricket, but Munaf Patel, Sheesanth, Powar, and Zaheer Khan would have found it rather challenging to make up those 80 runs, if Dhoni was given out.

However, the primary factor contributing to the loss was Habu Bashar's captaincy, or the lack thereof. At 149/5, India needing 102 at nearly 7 runs/over, what does HB do? He brings the fielders in, sets attacking fields, and puts tremendous pressure on the batsmen. Oh, no. I was dreaming. HB did the exact opposite. He went for the jugular...by setting defensive field, allowing the batsmen to score in 1's and 2's, helping them settle in. Exactly what he did in the super-8 match against WI. I heard he is retiring from ODI after this series. Not a moment too soon!

Furthermore, Mashrafe's absence hurt us big time. First, he is our strike bowler. Second, he keeps Shahadat Hossain away from the bowling crease.

Here's to a 2-1 series victory.

-ShuziBuro

Sovik
May 10, 2007, 04:35 PM
its a part of the game. just forget about it

cricketboy
May 10, 2007, 04:48 PM
I thought he was kicked out of the elite panel. He is a pathetic umpire.

sandpiper
May 10, 2007, 04:51 PM
Asoka ki next match e thakbe ??:( :( :mad:

cricket_pagol
May 10, 2007, 04:52 PM
Someone mentioned that bad umpiring decisions are part of the game. Yes, they are. But, some affect the ultimate result, some don't. De Silva's decision was of the former category. Dhoni scored 80 runs after that missed lbw. Everything is possible in cricket, but Munaf Patel, Sheesanth, Powar, and Zaheer Khan would have found it rather challenging to make up those 80 runs, if Dhoni was given out.

However, the primary factor contributing to the loss was Habu Bashar's captaincy, or the lack thereof. At 149/5, India needing 102 at nearly 7 runs/over, what does HB do? He brings the fielders in, sets attacking fields, and puts tremendous pressure on the batsmen. Oh, no. I was dreaming. HB did the exact opposite. He went for the jugular...by setting defensive field, allowing the batsmen to score in 1's and 2's, helping them settle in. Exactly what he did in the super-8 match against WI. I heard he is retiring from ODI after this series. Not a moment too soon!

I agree with your analysis.

I am still pissed at Asoka De Silva for giving such a poor decision... if it was a marginal decision I would have not held anything against him... this so plumb!!!

Sovik
May 10, 2007, 04:54 PM

yup. may be from both ends

CTazim
May 10, 2007, 05:02 PM
Ashoka Di Silva is the greatest jerk. Our complaint cost him to be removed from the Elite Panel of Umpires that is why he has a grudge against Bangladesh.

We need to have banners at the stadium denouncing this M!@#$% F (#F!@#$%)^&*$% UMPIRE.

Sorry jerk.

CTazim
May 10, 2007, 05:06 PM

These things happen ..poor decisions are a part of the game ..and it was just one ..I can show you instances where more than a few went against India in a single match ...u win some and you loose some ..but blaming India or BCCI doesnt get you anywhere ...

First of all, with respect to India I personally have seen your umpires favoring India when the concept of neutral umpiring was not there. Kapil Dev's statistics is glorified by the number of LBW decisions in his favor so please do not talk about India.

India has the audacity to always go back on any bilateral agreement. That is why India has problems with every single of its neighbors-whether Pakistan or Nepal of Bhutan or Sri Lanka. Some of this countries are so small that they cannot complain. Indians' God is Money. No wonder you worship the "Shiddhi Data". So please dont' talk.

reyme
May 10, 2007, 06:37 PM
This ashoka de saliva should be sentenced for life in cricket jail. he is a murderer of this game.

Niceman70
May 10, 2007, 07:00 PM

yes:(

cricket_king
May 10, 2007, 07:22 PM
geez...........this asoka guy is like a barrier between us winning. :(

coverdrive
May 10, 2007, 07:44 PM
im lost for words to show my anger and grudge !! die ashoka die!!:waiting:

smashyboy
May 10, 2007, 08:17 PM
India suffered at the hands of Ashoka more than anyone else. Indians almost staged a protest for appoinment of Ashoka for a specific series. His decisions are based on his own theories not ICC umpiring manual. Dont worry some decisions will go your way. His favorite victim has always been India. This is probably the first time in his umpiring career given a decision in favor of India.

catstrophy
May 10, 2007, 08:47 PM
This ashoka de saliva should be sentenced for life in cricket jail. he is a murderer of this game.

saliva:floor:

gatekeeper
May 10, 2007, 09:08 PM

I said this before and I'll say it again. Substandard umpires like De Silva ruin good games and the first ODI came close to being a good one. What these umpire do with their bad decisions is demoralize a side, particularly inexperienced and young sides. And bad calls usually goes against less experienced teams. The profile of team India is far supirior to BD team hence these calls tended to go against Bangladesh.

One may argue Tamim's LBW appeal being turned down by Nadir Shah but in the context of the game the non-call against Dhoni had a far bigger effect on the outcome of the game. So the hostile feeling being displayed here is entirely understandable.

Obviously, blaming BCCI or team India is foolish.

Tokyobreeze
May 10, 2007, 09:16 PM
Surely we had our stake of mistakes in the games we lost, but for long many days I have seen Ashoka continuously (or may be deliberately) making mistakes against BD. Giving silly LBWs against BD batsmen and not giving sure LBWs against opponent batsmen. Whatever, you all people tell, I personally hate this guy and for long time I have been sincerely hoping that he don't umpire in our games. But, fact, no matter how unfortunate it is, is he is still there and trying hard as always to keep us in loosing side.

SMHasan
May 10, 2007, 09:34 PM
I was watching Sky Sports highlights and the presenter named 'Charles' said the same thing about Mr Ashoka De Silva. He said that was a plumb LBW and still the umpire refused to give it out. In the end of the programme the presenter said "well, bad luck for Bangladesh, but Bangladeshi fans do not feel sad, you still got the chance to win this series".

Most importantly throughout the programme they discussed about Bangladesh giving very liitle time for India. Everyone mentioned that after winning 80% of the match we lost eventually which was sad. Inspite of loosing this match we are praised highly- that is a new thing.

World Cup 2007 has given us lot of things but surely the biggest thing that we earned is the respect. Now our life is so much changed that people are saying we can win a seies against a big gun.

criccric
May 10, 2007, 09:42 PM
First of all, with respect to India I personally have seen your umpires favoring India when the concept of neutral umpiring was not there. Kapil Dev's statistics is glorified by the number of LBW decisions in his favor so please do not talk about India.

India has the audacity to always go back on any bilateral agreement. That is why India has problems with every single of its neighbors-whether Pakistan or Nepal of Bhutan or Sri Lanka. Some of this countries are so small that they cannot complain. Indians' God is Money. No wonder you worship the "Shiddhi Data". So please dont' talk.

You poor loser! Stop whining. Get a move on. But since you brought this up, you probably didnt see Australian umpires "favoring" Australia or SLankan umpired favoring SL and who Pakistan umpires favoring Pakistan, the list is endless. Oh yes and couldnt I say Tamim Iqbal got into double figures due to your BD minnow umpire Nadir Shah not seeing an obvious nick. Should I start generalizing from there.
What a frusto!

And wonder why single out Kapil. And if you have political agenda - this is not the forum. Go rid your frustration elsewhere.

Kotha bolay!

Protic
May 10, 2007, 10:06 PM
Enamul Haque Moni & Nadir Shah :D thakle koto valo hoto.
Atleast they are fair.. unlike Ashoka De Silva.. whos an ANTI-Bangladesh and Mahbubur Rahman whos a blind supporter of Bangladesh.

Beamer
May 10, 2007, 10:16 PM
He is just incompetent. I know India had beef with him earlier as well. He used to officiate a lot of matches involving us and almost in every match he would give/non-give a brain crunching decision. That lbw shout was as clear as daylight. If dhoni goes, who knows, what happens. For a weaker team like us, it is much harder for us to recover from umpiring let offs.

About Tamim decision with Nadir Shah: That was probably a nick, but surely not as clear cut as the lbw shout against Dhoni. Forget Nadir Shah. Many a good umpires won't give it if he is not 100% sure. You have to make a split second decision whether it was bat or pad, and if in doubt, benefit goes to batsman. Calling Nadir Shah a minnow is not the way to go.

psj
May 10, 2007, 11:03 PM
He is just incompetent. I know India had beef with him earlier as well. He used to officiate a lot of matches involving us and almost in every match he would give/non-give a brain crunching decision. That lbw shout was as clear as daylight. If dhoni goes, who knows, what happens. For a weaker team like us, it is much harder for us to recover from umpiring let offs.

About Tamim decision with Nadir Shah: That was probably a nick, but surely not as clear cut as the lbw shout against Dhoni. Forget Nadir Shah. Many a good umpires won't give it if he is not 100% sure. You have to make a split second decision whether it was bat or pad, and if in doubt, benefit goes to batsman. Calling Nadir Shah a minnow is not the way to go.
My comments to the crying fans here...
Cant believe you guys are weeping like this.Thats the problem with new comers into cricket.You guys dont seem mature enuf to start playing International cricket.This sort of attitude is seen in galli cricket.Guys have started dragging Indian politics,its economy..absurd comments like Dhoni is a gay who sleeps with De Silva...what to do...
and you guys have the crap to talk bad abt the attitude of Indian Cricket Fans....

jabbar
May 10, 2007, 11:04 PM
The fact that this thread was created so long ago is testament to how crap this umpire is.

knightrider357
May 10, 2007, 11:23 PM
The fact that this thread was created so long ago is testament to how crap this umpire is.

and the fact Asoka is still umpiring is testament to how crappy BCB is...
how can this loser still get to officiate our matches??...

One World
May 11, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cant believe you guys are weeping like this.Thats the problem with new comers into cricket.You guys dont seem mature enuf to start playing International cricket.This sort of attitude is seen in galli cricket.Guys have started dragging Indian politics,its economy..absurd comments like Dhoni is a gay who sleeps with De Silva...what to do...
and you guys have the crap to talk bad abt the attitude of Indian Cricket Fans....

And You guys are mature enough to attack your players houses for one loss in world cup! #*@(^_($+@.. get a life :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Murad
May 11, 2007, 01:02 AM

YOU PPL GONNA TEACH US THAT.. MAN.. YOU MAKE ME LAUGH.... YOU SAYING WE NEW COMERS HAVE PROBLEMS LIKE THAT.. I SAY.. WE NEW COMERS ARE FAR BETTER THAN THE OLD ONES.... YOU CAN'T SEE THE REAL PICTURE.. THATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS..

AND ABOUT THE DECISION BY THE UMPIRE.. EVERYONE WERE CRITICISING HIM FOR THAT, PERHAPS YOU COULDNT SEE.. AS YOUR GLASSES WEREN'T WORKING AND YOU HAVE HEARING PROBLEMS. :)

nzfan
May 11, 2007, 01:54 AM
maybe it was more "if dhoni goes out india are done for, i value my life" kind of thing.....

MysoreHuli
May 11, 2007, 01:57 AM
Every losing team's fans in the world does the same thing - find some lame excuses for their teams bad performance.

Shehwar
May 11, 2007, 02:00 AM
This A$$hole has been consistently doing this against us for 4 years now....I cant believe he is still always officiating in our matches....Whats our cricket board doing?

One World
May 11, 2007, 02:03 AM
Every losing team's fans in the world does the same thing - find some lame excuses for their teams bad performance.

The problem of an Indian fan : Cant accept the FACT..excuses are always lame
but God's must be crazy you know

scoilaheez
May 11, 2007, 02:31 AM
This guy needs new glasses

scoilaheez
May 11, 2007, 02:31 AM
Unfortunately, the big teams seem to get decisions in their favour.

psj
May 11, 2007, 02:32 AM
AS YOUR GLASSES WEREN'T WORKING AND YOU HAVE HEARING PROBLEMS. :)

When loosers run out of logic ,they start personal attacks on ppl.

YOU PPL GONNA TEACH US THAT.. MAN.. YOU MAKE ME LAUGH.....
You can laugh how much ever you want ,bt the fact is many of ur players have idols from the Indian Team..

YOU SAYING WE NEW COMERS HAVE PROBLEMS LIKE THAT.. I SAY.. WE NEW COMERS ARE FAR BETTER THAN THE OLD ONES.... YOU CAN'T SEE THE REAL PICTURE.. THATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS....

If u new comers are far better,then defeat us in the next two games,instead of crying abt Umpring decisions,..the next time dont come with excuse that indian teams colors are too bright and u couldnt see the ball properly...

AND ABOUT THE DECISION BY THE UMPIRE.. EVERYONE WERE CRITICISING HIM FOR THAT, PERHAPS YOU COULDNT SEE..

You may be watching Cricket only from the World Cup and even in that there were Umpiring errors.
You too got a chance with Tamim,why he could'nt make it useful for u guys...God Knows...

One World
May 11, 2007, 02:38 AM
You may be watching Cricket only from the World Cup and even in that there were Umpiring errors.
You too got a chance with Tamim,why he could'nt make it useful for u guys...God Knows...

You are brave to accept the truth now. So you understand that there were no problems of umpiring in the WC match between BD and Indi, or do you really think there were?
So in a neutral umpiring condition BD is ahead, thanks man!!!!

psj
May 11, 2007, 02:41 AM
You are brave to accept the truth now. So you understand that there were no problems of umpiring in the WC match between BD and Indi, or do you really think there were?
So in a neutral umpiring condition BD is ahead, thanks man!!!!

What are u talking abt man....????
Ok if it makes u happy...In a Neutral Umpring Condition on March 17 2007 in West Indies ,BD can beat India...:lol:

One World
May 11, 2007, 02:44 AM
Ohh typical fan..come on...take off the date and place from the last line

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 03:04 AM
Don't blame the umpire when our players don't believe in themselves to win.

the most sensible post in this forum from a BD fan.

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 03:34 AM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=446755#post446755

I could not help but quote it here from the Match thread...I found it amusing:floor: Sob indian mile amake jari diteche oi de Silva thread e .........desi bhara amake bachan please.

ha ha ha !!! funny that you calling your desi bhais to help you out .Be a MAN and try to face the world yourself.L-)

First? Can you count number?

This is the man who single handadly took away our first test victory against Pakistan in Multan.

You must be feeling unhappy now......as i can understand u r from ind.

We got a very long history of problem about this man.

DO NOT make a comment if you have little idea about the history!!

no doubt,you know your history

mij
May 11, 2007, 03:57 AM
I just have 1 question how much did this umpire de silva of Sri Lanka got under the table from indian?

mij
May 11, 2007, 03:59 AM
Is there any Indian here who can answer?

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 04:15 AM
YOU PPL GONNA TEACH US THAT.. MAN.. YOU MAKE ME LAUGH.... YOU SAYING WE NEW COMERS HAVE PROBLEMS LIKE THAT.. I SAY.. WE NEW COMERS ARE FAR BETTER THAN THE OLD ONES.... YOU CAN'T SEE THE REAL PICTURE.. THATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS..

AND ABOUT THE DECISION BY THE UMPIRE.. EVERYONE WERE CRITICISING HIM FOR THAT, PERHAPS YOU COULDNT SEE.. AS YOUR GLASSES WEREN'T WORKING AND YOU HAVE HEARING PROBLEMS. :)

I thought one of the members was banned recently bcoz of using ALL CAPS (one of the reasons) and the Moderator was Ehsan.But,I think it is OK because you are a BD fan ,so you can keep on posting with ALL CAPS on.

when the concept of neutral umpiring was not there umpires from the home team favored them,this was the case with India,Pakistan,England,Australia,New Zealand etc etc so The ICC brought the concept of Neutral Umpires.If you think Kapil Dev's statistics were glorified by home umpires,what about Imran Khan (not to mention Zaheer Abbas,Javed Miandiad etc etc) from Pakistan,Ian Botham from England,Richard Hadlee from KiwiLand.

India has the audacity to always go back on any bilateral agreement. That is why India has problems with every single of its neighbors-whether Pakistan or Nepal of Bhutan or Sri Lanka. Some of this countries are so small that they cannot complain. Indians' God is Money. No wonder you worship the "Shiddhi Data". So please dont' talk
I believe you have some eternal grudge with India. but why bring up non-cricketing topic here,are you OK?

I said this before and I'll say it again. Substandard umpires like De Silva ruin good games and the first ODI came close to being a good one. What these umpire do with their bad decisions is demoralize a side, particularly inexperienced and young sides. And bad calls usually goes against less experienced teams. The profile of team India is far supirior to BD team hence these calls tended to go against Bangladesh.

One may argue Tamim's LBW appeal being turned down by Nadir Shah but in the context of the game the non-call against Dhoni had a far bigger effect on the outcome of the game. So the hostile feeling being displayed here is entirely understandable.

Obviously, blaming BCCI or team India is foolish.

I agree with you only with that ....Substandard umpires ruin good games.

If we start finding umpires faults,then even Gambhir's lbw decision was dubious,could have change the game,maybe may not be,I don't care.

I found a good perspective from DJ Sahastra's post in the following post from this thread

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=447233#post447233

DJ,that post should have been posted here

For those endlessly blaming the umpire, one can only wonder!

First thing first - i doubt if Asoka De Silva has any grudge against Bangladesh. In fact, in past, different teams, India included have been at the recieving end of his mercies on different occassions. He is guilty of being incompetent, that's it.

Secondly, people have already calculated that if Dhoni was given out, the match was over as there were tailenders to follow. Sorry guys but that's not how the game goes. If Dhoni was out, you still had Dravid, Mongia and Karthik before the tailenders. That unless you are implying that Dravid and Mongia would've played the same way and would've gotten out on the same score if Dhoni was given out LBW. Come on guys, when Dhoni supposedly got the reprieve, he wasn't the last recognised batsman - there were atleast 3 specialist bastman and one all-rounder still to be taken out. Lot of game was still to be played and was far from over at that point.

Lots of would've and ifs but the truth is there was more than 100 run to score and one partnership to break. And if BD lost from there, it can either be a good batting by the opposition or weak defence by the home team or both - definitely not umpire.

I am not saying Dhoni's dismissal wouldn't have created problems. But those who imply that the match would've been over and Bangladesh would've won if Dhoni was given out as wicket no 4. obviously haven't seen a lot of cricket yet.

I just have 1 question how much did this umpire de silva of Sri Lanka got under the table from indian?

I have the answer ,I think Rs 100 crores from 100 crores of Indians.:) :) :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ok,enough's enough on the villian De Silva and let's move on.

MysoreHuli
May 11, 2007, 05:35 AM
If India gets back into its form, the BD will be no where..

Miraz
May 11, 2007, 05:37 AM

Same applies to Bangladesh, particularly in the ODI's. :)

sunny747
May 11, 2007, 05:58 AM

More than one billion ppl, still no fast bowler. NO quality spinners that can threat. You have been playing cricket for over 50 years still has to whine to win agains BD who is playing only for 7 years. And, it has been proven many times that India is a cat outside subcontinal. So try to figure out what is actually the problem.
But anyway, india batted really well on that day. They may even win the next two matches but what i consider is the fight that our guys are putting. Just 6 months back i would have had no hope if bd was playing agains India. But now things are so different. And thats what i like and enjoying every ounce of it.

Anyway, India should win againts Bd. Otherwise their poor players will lose their home, their dignity, their advertising contract, their salary and many more things including burning effigy. Whereas nothing will happen to Bd players coz their fans are so sensible. Thanks.

psj
May 11, 2007, 07:36 AM
More than one billion ppl, still no fast bowler. NO quality spinners that can threat. You have been playing cricket for over 50 years still has to whine to win agains BD who is playing only for 7 years. And, it has been proven many times that India is a cat outside subcontinal. So try to figure out what is actually the problem.
But anyway, india batted really well on that day. They may even win the next two matches but what i consider is the fight that our guys are putting. Just 6 months back i would have had no hope if bd was playing agains India. But now things are so different. And thats what i like and enjoying every ounce of it.

Anyway, India should win againts Bd. Otherwise their poor players will lose their home, their dignity, their advertising contract, their salary and many more things including burning effigy. Whereas nothing will happen to Bd players coz their fans are so sensible. Thanks.

India win by 5 wickets with more than an Over to spare...thats the summary of the match.

Yea.Indian players are rich..you have a problem with that?

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 07:45 AM
PSJ your comments reflect "we are superior than anybody" attitude. The fact remains you worship "Money" nothing else. No value system what so ever. On top of it you guys cheat subtly in every respect. So don't start with it. Every single of your neighbors have problems with you all.

And those days are gone that our players have idols from the Indian Team.!! Get a life. As one said we don't go start burning our players' houses when we lose.

When loosers run out of logic ,they start personal attacks on ppl.

You can laugh how much ever you want ,bt the fact is many of ur players have idols from the Indian Team..

If u new comers are far better,then defeat us in the next two games,instead of crying abt Umpring decisions,..the next time dont come with excuse that indian teams colors are too bright and u couldnt see the ball properly...

psj
May 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
PSJ your comments reflect "we are superior than anybody" attitude. The fact remains you worship "Money" nothing else. No value system what so ever. On top of it you guys cheat subtly in every respect. So don't start with it. Every single of your neighbors have problems with you all.

And those days are gone that our players have idols from the Indian Team.!! Get a life. As one said we don't go start burning our players' houses when we lose.

Dude,You lost a cricket match . What does it have to do with political problems India has with neighbours or whatever. I dont want to abuse you and get into a slanging match.You seem to be a teenager not able to digest a loss. []

nobody
May 11, 2007, 08:23 AM
blaming poor umpiring is as good as 'nachte na janle uthan baka' to me...

Bad decision involves luck factor and this can happen anytime, so can playing down the ball on the stumps or getting runout while backing up with the ball brushing the bowler's hand....

but when this happens repeatedly (referring to Asoka de Silva against BD), I am compelled to think otherwise, and as the orginial poster said (on Oct 2003), whats wrong with this guy?

I completly agree. But it did not hide incompetence of our fielders. Why our bowlers were collecting ball in front of wicket instead of behind as per basic rule of collecting the balls. if that had happended this thread would not have been revived

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 09:03 AM
Ashoka D Silva was part of the Elite Panel of Umpires. Not anymore!
Especially after his consistent bad decisions during his consistent stints at umpiring Bangladesh. He was subsequently dropped from the Elite Panel of Umpires. He is not an elite member anymore. Now, the fact that he showed his ture colors again reflect only one thing - that he has a grudge against Bangladesh, afterall it is Bangladesh's formal complaint that kicked him out of the Elite Panel (If not please see subsequent news regarding Ashoka D Silva sub post our Pakistan tour). I think at this time his days as even an ordinary umpire are numbered.

We have Bangladeshi umpires like Nadia Shah who have been consistently fair as umpires with decisions going against Bangladesh. However, we will continue to have problem with Ashoka Di Silva if he is not neutralized to the point where he is not allowed to officiate in any matches.

akabir77
May 11, 2007, 09:19 AM
I completly agree. But it did not hide incompetence of our fielders. Why our bowlers were collecting ball in front of wicket instead of behind as per basic rule of collecting the balls. if that had happended this thread would not have been revived

Bhai new way of doing the runput is to catch the ball infront of the wkt and throw it which takes less time and more accurate...

akabir77
May 11, 2007, 09:28 AM
Ok Indian Fans I see your point here. You guys r thinking and trying defend this that India might have lost the game if the Ump Ashoka gave that OUT.

But I think what I and some others r saying India would have won the game anyway or not Ashoka had done this before with us and that's why we r complaining we r not complaining that INDIA WON BECAUSE OF THAT.

And Indian logics here r so childish.. anyway why you guys r trying to defend a win here unless you your self think in subconscious mind that you might have lost the game if Dhoni was given out i don't get it. People r angree on Ashoka because of his past history with BD. yeas I agree there r other ump who goes after other countries. Then open another thread and ask for his A** over there. Bottom line is we want ASHOKS head even if we had WON this match or lost to Brazil. GOT IT?

akabir77
May 11, 2007, 10:52 AM
oh btw those who thinks there r doubts in ghambirs lbw get your eye checked. even indian commentetors where saying it was plumb and also the hoke eye showed it was going to hit the wicket on top of that batman never offered his bat or something...

MohammedC
May 11, 2007, 11:02 AM
Anagram for Asoka de Silva.

"A AD SOAKS EVIL"
or how about " A DEVILS KOASA"
"SALIVA SOAKED"

One World
May 11, 2007, 11:12 AM
Anagram for Asoka de Silva.

"A AD SOAKS EVIL"
or how about " A DEVILS KOASA"
"SALIVA SOAKED"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 11:30 AM
I have been accused of bringing non-cricket related issues with India. BTW, has anyone seen Sidharth Mongia's article on Pirate's Haven? It has nothing to do with Cricket. Yet, another Indian subtlety in anti Bangladesh campaign. Now that they cannot talk bad about Bangladesh cricket, they have to bring something else- Always something nasty to say about a host- These journalists don't have anything better to do. I am not trying to defend piracy but coming from an Indian, it seemed a bit hypocrite. Why? Indian technology sector evolved around pirated technology software throughout the 80s and 90s including now. BTW all this pirated software comes from India and China. What does it have to do with anything? It is time to educate people and warn them of the double standards. People please write to cricinfo as it is half truth and tell them that it is half the story. India is one of the countries that openly violate copyright laws and manufactures patented pharmaceutical drugs and rob nations of their proper revenue. India also openly copies English tunes without paying any royalties [for example "Jab koi bat phigal jaye.." is basd on English Tune "100 miles and I have other examples].

Anyway, my response to Mr. Mongia's editorial would be to please stop calling the pot black when it is your behind that needs to be wiped cleaned first - or you will continue to practice "Rules do not apply to India."

istiak
May 11, 2007, 11:37 AM
As one said we don't go start burning our players' houses when we lose.

I am not so sure after reading all the comments in BC about Bashar

istiak
May 11, 2007, 11:39 AM
I have been accused of bringing non-cricket related issues with India. BTW, has anyone seen Sidharth Mongia's article on Pirate's Haven? I am not trying to defend piracy but coming from an Indian it seemed a bit hypocrite. Why? Indian technology sector evolved around pirated technology software throughout the 80s and 90s including now. BTW all this pirated software comes from India and Chinda by the way. What does it have to do with anything? It is time to educate people and warn them of the double standard. People please write to cricinfo as it is half the story.

The problem is India is controlling the media to the point that half-truths are becoming historic fact. Those who protests are then labelled as anti-Indian. The story was another proof of Indian hypocrisy.

You are not trying to defend piracy, but then u r doing what?

psj
May 11, 2007, 11:45 AM
I have been accused of bringing non-cricket related issues with India. BTW, has anyone seen Sidharth Mongia's article on Pirate's Haven? I am not trying to defend piracy but coming from an Indian it seemed a bit hypocrite. Why? Indian technology sector evolved around pirated technology software throughout the 80s and 90s including now. BTW all this pirated software comes from India and Chinda by the way. What does it have to do with anything? It is time to educate people and warn them of the double standard. People please write to cricinfo as it is half the story.

The problem is India is controlling the media to the point that half-truths are becoming historic fact. Those who protests are then labelled as anti-Indian. The story was another proof of Indian hypocrisy.

Whats wrong with this boy?

istiak
May 11, 2007, 11:54 AM
Now that they cannot talk bad about Bangladesh cricket, they have to bring something else

You missed the point there..it is posted in the tour diary section, which is always a non cricket section of the report.

BTW all this pirated software comes from India and China.

FYI........most of the pirated cd/DVD available in BD are coming from Pakistan. Even indian movies are basically pirated in pakistan. Before you comment so blantly better read it carefully. He tried to highlight a veru important point "why you even buy even pirated copies of our own music".

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 11:58 AM

Beamer
May 11, 2007, 11:59 AM

Why are you quoting me? I think I am fare when I said De Silva is just incompetent. I did not say anything bad about India or their players or the nation. I do not cry after a loss anyway. I hope I wasn't the intended target of your answer.

And what is up with this new comer in cricket and lack of maturity stuff? Doesn't seem too nice ! have a nice stay here..

Mike
May 11, 2007, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately, the big teams seem to get decisions in their favour.

you are right

psj
May 11, 2007, 12:05 PM
Why are you quoting me? I think I am fare when I said De Silva is just incompetent. I did not say anything bad about India or their players or the nation. I do not cry after a loss anyway. I hope I wasn't the intended target of your answer.

And what is up with this new comer in cricket and lack of maturity stuff? Doesn't seem too nice ! have a nice stay here..
Sorry Beamer..I didnt mean to quote you for the rest of the stuff i wrote.
I meant abt lack of maturity stuff to some posters out here who are abusing India's economy,religion,ppl.....everything for the loss...
Sorry if i hurt you with that comment..

Beamer
May 11, 2007, 12:19 PM
No, No offense taken. Well..not all posters are created equal. I have seen equally rubbish, vitriolic and hateful stuff in Indian forums when it comes to BD as well. So, it goes with the territory of forums so to speak. I would urge my fellow BC members ( though I am not a mod ) to urgue on cricketing basis/merit only. Otherwise, the credibilty will be at stake...

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 12:31 PM
I am not so sure after reading all the comments in BC about Bashar

Writing your frustrations is one thing (of course without threatening) but actually physically doing it is another... Some of the Indian fans have done exactly so.

On my stand at not trying to defend piracy- I am not. The way I do it is that I do not buy pirated stuff. Period. I am trying to point out a simple statement "The pot should not call the kettle black." The lack of respect for Intellectual property is equally prevalent in India. So when an Indian Journalist writes about it on Cricinfo, I see it as a deliberate attempt at maligning the host. Nothing more, nothing less. If India enforced anti-piracy law in their own country and wrote about it in detail on a consistent basis, I would have not said anything. My point was not to defend the practice but the motive of an Indian journalist. If they are consistent with respect to showing goodwill towards Bangladesh, I would not be protesting what is written by Indian journalist or Indian print media. The fact that I see a lack of goodwill on most cases when India-Bangladesh "anything" is the question, leads me to react in this way.

I will welcome anyone to correct me if I am wrong that there is a consistency issue with respect to the goodwill shown by Indian journalists towards Bangladesh.

I hope I made my point clear with respect to not trying to defend piracy.

psj
May 11, 2007, 12:38 PM
Writing your frustrations is one thing (of course without threatening) but actually physically doing it is another... Some of the Indian fans have done exactly so.

Whom exactly have the Indian Fans physically attacked???? The Indian Media hypes up anything ....bt where have they said that a player was attacked ???

cricket_pagol
May 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
This thread is getting really childish!!! you guys stop...

Let's focus our energy on winning the second game.

istiak
May 11, 2007, 12:48 PM
The fact that I see a lack of goodwill on most cases when India-Bangladesh "anything" is the question, leads me to react in this way.

I completely agree with this point. I am equally frustrated with their (inian fans) lack of respect to us. I regularly visit their sites only to make some protests. But unfortunatly most of them are too rude, arrogant and uncivilized in their behavior.

istiak
May 11, 2007, 12:51 PM
Whom exactly have the Indian Fans physically attacked???? The Indian Media hypes up anything ....bt where have they said that a player was attacked ???

Throwing stones and breaking windows should be part of physical assult.

real123
May 11, 2007, 12:56 PM

Most likely a lot....Now I heard that they are pressing ICC and paying for Darryl Hair to be the umpire for the next two games.

smashyboy
May 11, 2007, 12:58 PM
I understand the feeling of bangla fans. Same case Indians feel when a wrong decision is given against Australia. Whether that decision will affect the result or not is a different matter. But lot of things have to go right for underdogs to pull off wins consistently atleast they reach a competent level. Having lost 94% of the one dayers to top 8 nations, these kinda of decisions can be only heart breaking.

DJ Sahastra
May 11, 2007, 12:59 PM
"
I just have 1 question how much did this umpire de silva of Sri Lanka got under the table from indian?"

Answer - I reckon it's the same amount that Bashar and team got to not try and get a wicket when India still had 100+ runs to score with the last recognised pair at the crease? :)

fan_frm_the_uk
May 11, 2007, 01:10 PM
To all members from both countries,
Most of us are taking things too seriously. I do understand ppl will support their own countries and there will be lot of emotion as well. I do support my country but I support cricket as well. Its not just a win I always expect for, I love to see some great efforts. Obviously no one can win every time.

I dont think its wise going personal to any country's internal affair rather than cricket. India is not a bad team at all. They have the experience playing for ages now. We have improved a lot as well. Surely we cost more sweats than before. The young stars are showing promise for bright future. Both teams are good in diferent sense. In fact, it never matters who the better team is, being a better team doesnt win the match, the team plays better on the day wins it. (remember the match we won against Australia)

I think we better support good cricket. from heart I want Bangladesh to win all matches, but have to give Dhoni and kartik some credit for their effort as well ( they had some luck but its a part of the game). Not only the umpire, we made mistakes too by missing the run out chances.

Same theory should go to the Indian supporters as well. They shuld accept a defeat as a defeat. Consider our recent performance and ask your heart if a defeat against us seems to be a fluke anymore? Dont you find it exiciting watching tamim in action?

lets all enjoy some good cricket. Lets support our own countries but make sure when we come up with some issues- it must be reasonable. Thanx to u all if u spared few moments reading this.

Sohel
May 11, 2007, 01:19 PM
asoka's legendary for shocking decisions against all teams, including sri lanka. i just don't see how he has managed to keep the job for this long. maybe faruikka has something to do with umpire selection also... >:)

:waiting: mitigating factor: he's the best argument there is for hawk-eye umpiring !!!

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 01:19 PM
"
I just have 1 question how much did this umpire de silva of Sri Lanka got under the table from indian?"

Answer - I reckon it's the same amount that Bashar and team got to not try and get a wicket when India still had 100+ runs to score with the last recognised pair at the crease? :)

I must concede that this is a good one :floor: :floor: :floor: . "Hajar bochorer Shretho Habla" deserved this one. But it does not preclude the fact that Ashoka Di Silva needs a really good kick on the bum.

real123
May 11, 2007, 01:20 PM

India can white-wash BD in this series but the fact will remain the same and that is they are the loosers for the next 4 years until the 2011 WC comes. But you are welcome to get some solace by winning this series!!

If they have this much of trouble to get past a team like BD, then how this team will play top tiers.

May be ICC should take Ganguly's advise where some time ago, he mentioned about two-tiers system and this way India will always play BD, ZI and Ireland !!

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 01:32 PM

Greg Chappel was physically abused. Dhoni's house was attacked .. I

So you agree there is an "Indian Media Hype" -although you have misused it to defend Indian fan's behavior.:floor: :floor: :lol:

Anyway the point is Ashoka Di Silva -who is a sorry excuse of an umpire. I think Bangladeshi Fans should have banners denouncing him.

Every single Bagla Gali is for Ashoka!!

DJ Sahastra
May 11, 2007, 01:33 PM
"Every single Bagla Gali is for Ashoka"

Gali in India means street.

So you are planning to name every street after ashoka? :)

One World
May 11, 2007, 01:34 PM
India can white-wash BD in this series but the fact will remain the same and that is they are the loosers for the next 4 years until the 2011 WC comes. But you are welcome to get some solace by winning this series!!

If they have this much of trouble to get past a team like BD, then how this team will play top tiers.

May be ICC should take Ganguly's advise where some time ago, he mentioned about two-tiers system and this way India will always play BD, ZI and Ireland !!

whats 2-tier now...after beating SA BD cant be counted in two tier. Believe it or not replacement of Bashar will modify the whole affair. Few early hiccups might be possible but once settled this young team will do miracles.

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 01:34 PM

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Actually the two tier system should be as follows

Tier 1 Super 8 of the world cup for the next 4 years

Tier 2 all the rest Like Pakistan, Indian, Zimbabwe.

:floor: :floor: :floor:

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 01:36 PM

Gali is not goali. Gali is Bangladeshi phul-chondon ;)

Gali --> Verbal Abuse like Oi tor Mairay Disco type of thing...

Get it ;) ;)

real123
May 11, 2007, 01:37 PM
whats 2-tier now...after beating SA BD cant be counted in two tier. Believe it or not replacement of Bashar will modify the whole affair. Few early hiccups might be possible but once settled this young team will do miracles.

Sorry...My sweet mistake...actually BD will be in first tier and india will be in the second tier with ZI, Canada, Kenya ....

smashyboy
May 11, 2007, 01:45 PM
Yes agreed. India's target should beat bigger teams not smaller teams like Bangla and glorify themselves. They almost beat South africa in the test series in their own backyard. But thanks to Mr.sachin Tendulkar India lost a match from winning position and lost the series also.

sunny747
May 11, 2007, 01:52 PM
India win by 5 wickets with more than an Over to spare...thats the summary of the match.

Yea.Indian players are rich..you have a problem with that?

no i don't have problems coz they are rich.....but i do have problems when fans like you throw stones at their house........
and actually u didn't answer any of my question..........coz u know u don't have it...just celebrate the win againts BD no problem , it's your time.

we had some srilankan posters here . They were so nice and sensible. And look at these indian fans........

DJ Sahastra
May 11, 2007, 01:52 PM
Gali is not goali. Gali is Bangladeshi phul-chondon ;)

Gali --> Verbal Abuse like Oi tor Mairay Disco type of thing...

Get it ;) ;)

Oi tor Mairay Disco, Amar Mairay Phul-Chondon :)

Beamer
May 11, 2007, 01:58 PM
galli- goli- rasta = narrow lanes

gali-gala gal- gail = cussing

Frost
May 11, 2007, 02:47 PM
I think Ashoka was expecting more money or thought he deserved more money from Abahoni when played for them. Or may be he did not get paid at all. Or may be Bangladeshi umpires were too hard on his appeals during that period. Or may be he was victim of poor decisions.:umm:

akabir77
May 11, 2007, 02:51 PM
asoka's legendary for shocking decisions against all teams, including sri lanka. i just don't see how he has managed to keep the job for this long. maybe faruikka has something to do with umpire selection also... >:)

:waiting: mitigating factor: he's the best argument there is for hawk-eye umpiring !!!

We know you love Faruk so much that every post you write has to has his name in there...
grow up

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 03:41 PM

:floor: :floor: I know that you know Gali is gali (i.e. a GAALI ) not a Galli.

"

:floor: :floor: you mean Ashoka,the great Emperor.Why is a bangladeshi interested to name all the Bangladesh's street's name after an Indian emperor. CTazim,You should watch that hindi movie 'Ashoka" by the great shah rukh khan(It was one of the worst movies ,I had seen).Kareena Kapoor will surely floor your senses (she looked pathetic):lol: :lol:

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 03:47 PM
Oi tor Mairay Disco, Amar Mairay Phul-Chondon :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ctazim,sorry,I could not help it.

:floor: :floor: :floor:

N.B. I think the limit of using smilies is 7. I used only 6.

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 03:50 PM

:floor: :floor: you mean Ashoka,the great Emperor.Why is a bangladeshi interested to name all the Bangladesh's street's name after an Indian emperor. CTazim,You should watch that hindi movie 'Ashoka" by the great shah rukh khan(It was one of the worst movies ,I had seen).Kareena Kapoor will surely floor your senses (she looked pathetic):lol: :lol:

Actually I thought Ashoka was an Okay movie altough I agree that Kareena was not looking that great in this movie.

Anyway coming back to Ashoka Di Silva--- I will give you $100.00 to the person who can throw a pie on Ashoka Di Silva's face. ;)

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 03:53 PM
CTazim,nothing against you mate,just had a great hearty (real) laugh after a a long time.Sorry,if you are offended(wch I hope you won't take it that way) .Thanks for the laugh ,anyway.

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Anyway coming back to Ashoka Di Silva--- I will give you $100.00 to the person who can throw a pie on Ashoka Di Silva's face. ;)

if you give me $100,000 I will do that.

smashyboy
May 11, 2007, 04:09 PM

Ashoka will do it on himself if you give him that much money.

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 04:16 PM
Look the SOB who gives me SOB (Shortness of Breath) is featured in Daily Star.
According to the staff reporter, only playing better is not good enough for the Tigers, India has a better weapon - Ashoka De Silva (ADS). ADS sounds like a disease.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/05/12/d70512040431.htm

Here is my conspiracy theory.. BCCI calls Malcom Speed up and says we already voiced a no confidence vote. So if this job is dear to you, you better make sure we win. Although we will try to do it on our own merit, we want to make sure tha no stone remains unturned. So get a neutral umpire who will side with us on critical juncture. Speed at that point pissed in his pants and agreed to have Ashoka De Silva back.

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
CTaZim,I will go and pluck out Ashoka's ears (so that he can't hear) and ampute his fingers (so that he can't raise them again against bangladesh),But How much will you pay me ? I want not less than $500,000 for that.

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 04:31 PM

You give me $100,000.00 I will think Indians are the fairest people in the world and I personally will lobby for Ashoka to become a member of the Elite Panel (sort of buy one get one free deal) ;) ;) ;)

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

CTazim
May 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
There is a saying

"PAGOLER SHUKH MONET MONET"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave: :wave:

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 04:38 PM
But,CTazim I don't like incompetent umpires like Silva,let him go to hell.

and Indians are not the fairest people on earth,they are brown,Europeans and the Japanese are much more fairer.

orzoon
May 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
There is a saying

"PAGOLER SHUKH MONET MONET"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave: :wave:

na apne pagol na.
aar pagoler shukh money money bolte chaisen naki,thik tai amio tai apnake mone korchilum,pore buchhchhi apni aro upre.:) :) :-p :-p

Shehwar
May 12, 2007, 03:10 AM
I think Ashoka was expecting more money or thought he deserved more money from Abahoni when played for them. Or may be he did not get paid at all. Or may be Bangladeshi umpires were too hard on his appeals during that period. Or may be he was victim of poor decisions.:umm:

Or may be he didnt get along with some of our national players then...VERY GOOD POINT!

Sovik
May 12, 2007, 03:53 AM
when is his birth day?

psj
May 12, 2007, 06:24 AM
Ok..time for the latest excuses....who will it be this time???

WarWolf
May 12, 2007, 06:54 AM

Man you are going too far attacking. Please don't try to bring ill logic in this forum.

I definitely have the right to protest constant bad umpiring by some specific person again our country. Why do you take it personally and trying to defend Asoka? Remember one thing, I am expressing my logic, emotions and frustation of being victim of bad umpiring in my own country forum. We all respect outsiders and encourage them in this forum. But I think you are crossing your limits.

psj
May 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
Man you are going too far attacking. Please don't try to bring ill logic in this forum.

I definitely have the right to protest constant bad umpiring by some specific person again our country. Why do you take it personally and trying to defend Asoka? Remember one thing, I am expressing my logic, emotions and frustation of being victim of bad umpiring in my own country forum. We all respect outsiders and encourage them in this forum. But I think you are crossing your limits.

Am not trying to defend Asoka all iam trying to say is that India won that match and you have to accept that it won because it played better cricket and not because an umpire gave a bad decision.While trying to define limits for me it wld be wise if you look at the insults poured on India in this Thread.

Miraz
May 12, 2007, 10:32 AM
psj, please stop provocating.

Unnecessary and ill-motivated.

One World
May 12, 2007, 01:34 PM
Am not trying to defend Asoka all iam trying to say is that India won that match and you have to accept that it won because it played better cricket and not because an umpire gave a bad decision.While trying to define limits for me it wld be wise if you look at the insults poured on India in this Thread.

India won that match and as a consequence the series because of Ashoka De Silva and nothing else. The insult poured in to BD in this forum lies in your first sentence. You need to admit that also before asking for more.

cricketboy
May 12, 2007, 02:59 PM
He doesnt even give wides when India is bowling. He didnt atleast give 3 yeterday.

psj
May 13, 2007, 03:43 AM
hahaha,,stop whining guys...Try winning the third match now...India already came with a b team and defeated you...for the third ODI they may experiment with the current team too,so its ur best chance to win..Go BD go...

Sohel
May 13, 2007, 04:31 AM
here's asoka without the hat: :-B

Alien
May 13, 2007, 04:40 AM
hahaha,,stop whining guys...Try winning the third match now...India already came with a b team and defeated you...for the third ODI they may experiment with the current team too,so its ur best chance to win..Go BD go...

Hahaha, why not pick someone your own size? Amusing to watch you cherish a series win over a emerging team like ours. But good to see that you got over your hang-over from World Cup.

WarWolf
May 13, 2007, 05:10 AM

You seem to be really the most annoying member of BC.

psj
May 13, 2007, 05:30 AM

Truth Annoys!!!...

orzoon
May 13, 2007, 06:44 AM

Ohh !! that's a compliment to psj,I would love to get that compliment also.
Seriously,why should that annoy you ?

Alien
May 13, 2007, 07:48 AM
Of all the Indian fans that pop up, bharat is the only sensible poster...rest starting from amit to this psj is .... something.

psj
May 13, 2007, 11:36 AM
Of all the Indian fans that pop up, bharat is the only sensible poster...rest starting from amit to this psj is .... something.
Looking for a BD win in the 3rd ODI sounds insensible to you? I have always only reacted to posts made here.
If BD fans can go on and on abt India's defeat in WC,wht wrong in Indian fans celebrating this win and you guys dont like even the Indian media to talk abt it.Weird isnt it?

@Orzoon,Thx machha for ur support.:big_hug:

One World
May 13, 2007, 11:42 AM
Admit it first...then post. You are wasting a lot of server space.

Alien
May 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
Looking for a BD win in the 3rd ODI sounds insensible to you? I have always only reacted to posts made here.
If BD fans can go on and on abt India's defeat in WC,wht wrong in Indian fans celebrating this win and you guys dont like even the Indian media to talk abt it.Weird isnt it?

@Orzoon,Thx machha for ur support.:big_hug:

We dont bother to hide that fact that we are underdog in this game. Given how India lost in the WC, that was no way near a tight contest, you cant blame BD fans for being so optimistic.

And no, a win in the third round doesn't sound at all insensible. India is performing their butts off so they dont get their house ransacked by mob like Dhonis who learnt it the hard way.

But anyway, these kinda tours keep coming and going, fact is you guys are going to wait another 4 years for next WC. Thanks to BD team for that. :wave:

Zunaid
May 13, 2007, 07:39 PM

Heh. Don;t forget DJ. They might be parochial but at least they are literate. They have every justification to feel the way they do unless they are trolling on purpose. We just need to recognize the difference and ignore the trolls. I am more bothered with the recent invasion of illiterate smiley using posters with no content to their posts. And apparently they happen to be Bangladesh fans.

Inferno
May 13, 2007, 07:48 PM
Heh. Don;t forget DJ. They might be parochial but at least they are literate. They have every justification to feel the way they do unless they are trolling on purpose. We just need to recognize the difference and ignore the trolls. I am more bothered with the recent invasion of illiterate smiley using posters with no content to their posts. And apparently they happen to be Bangladesh fans.

Oh these latest invasion is bothering me too although I am still new here. Now since you are the Boss please do something about it. Thank you

MysoreHuli
May 14, 2007, 05:47 AM
BD vs India
ODI Matches played - 17
India won - 15
BD won - 2

So, whats all the noise BD fans are making?
Two victories victory and BD fans are over the moon, with 15 wins what should Indian fans do?
Only sensible people will understand this rest will as usual make a noise.

One World
May 14, 2007, 10:28 PM
BD vs India
ODI Matches played - 17
India won - 15
BD won - 2

So, whats all the noise BD fans are making?
Two victories victory and BD fans are over the moon, with 15 wins what should Indian fans do?
Only sensible people will understand this rest will as usual make a noise.

What exactly it has to do with Ashoka De Silva or are you trying to say that these 2 wins could be avoided if you had Ashoka in the field...Please clarify

orzoon
May 15, 2007, 01:56 PM
Zunaid,parochialism exists on both the sides,it depends which side of coin you want to look.I agree that trolls are teeming these days but they happen to be more from the internal members(meaning BD fans).

cricketboy
May 16, 2007, 03:11 AM
Why cant Nadir Shah and ENamul Haque get into the elite instead of Bowden and Asoka? I know Shahin and Mahbub was given chance ahead of Nadir Shah becuase he was not disciplined before but now he has changed his habit.(Shah was always the best umpire but he was late for 1-2 matches in domestic cricket becuase of oversleeping, so I guess so BCB didnt like him).

Idealist
May 16, 2007, 10:34 AM
Asoka is a Joke he should never umpire again after his performance. Does he know what LBW stands for. How can you win when it 11 against 12. Rafique has been robbed of wickets because of this man's incompetence.
Trescothick was plumb on 94 and Thorpe was plumb on 43 - they got 113 and 64 which is an extra 40 runs that they shouldn't have got.
Not to mention his funny looking glasses.

One World
May 19, 2007, 05:59 PM
Looks like every umpire has a problem to give LBW decision in favour of Bangladesh. Just watched the highlight of first day when rafique cleanly lbw'd sachin and it was turned off.

Zunaid
May 19, 2007, 06:03 PM
But,CTazim I don't like incompetent umpires like Silva,let him go to hell.

and Indians are not the fairest people on earth,they are brown,Europeans and the Japanese are much more fairer.

While we are at it, let us self flagellate ourselves some more. After I post this, I will then walk over to the sahibs flipping fries at the MickeeDees and offer my obsequious platitudes. Then I will crawl on my hands and knees to the corner sushi and sake bar and commit ritual harakiri so overwhelmed am I by the brownness of my skin and the inherent unfairness of it all.