PDA

View Full Version : Ireland to tour Bangladesh in March for a 3 match ODI series

Miraz
January 15, 2008, 06:49 PM
Ireland set for trio of one-days in Bangladesh

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Irish Cricket Union are on the verge of confirming three one-day internationals with Bangladesh, the second of the Test nation they beat in last year's World Cup.

The games are pencilled in for March 20, 22 and 24 and will come at the end of a three-week tour which will start in the United Arab Emirates where Ireland will play the third match in their Inter-Continental Cup defence.

That game was provisionally arranged for the middle of the month but is now set to be brought forward to March 7-10.

The squad will then fly direct to Dhaka where they will play a four-day game against Bangladesh A and then a couple of one-day warm-ups ahead of the first ODIs of the year.

The games in Bangladesh will give Ireland their first opportunity to close the gap on the opponents who are directly above them in ninth place in the ICC ODI world rankings.

The Tigers have just ended a humiliating tour of New Zealand where they lost all three ODIs and both Test matches.

The Ireland squad had their first practice session of the winter last weekend and the northern members of the squad will meet again at Queen's this Saturday ahead of another session in Dublin the following day.

Read full (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/other-sports/article3339693.ece)

Nothing less than a 3-0 thrashing will be enough to alleviate the pain.

What happened to the tri series? Is it already scrapped?

sandpiper
January 15, 2008, 07:01 PM
আইরিশদের সাথে কিছু হিসাব নিকাশ এখনো বাকি আছে।

:waiting:

Nocturnal
January 15, 2008, 07:03 PM
Nothing less than a 3-0 thrashing will be enough to alleviate the pain.

What happened to the tri series? Is it already scrapped?

It supposed to happen in May but I was reading newspaper yesterday and found out, now BCCI is arranging their own T20 league IPL during that time and now they are very reluctant about that proposed BD-IND-PAK tri series. The newspaper said, BCB is still trying and if it not happens then BCB would ask compensation from BCCI for not keeping their promise. Same old BCCI story by the way!

Miraz
January 15, 2008, 07:07 PM
It supposed to happen in May but I was reading newspaper yesterday and found out, now BCCI is arranging their own T20 league IPL during that time and now they are very reluctant about that proposed BD-IND-PAK tri series. The newspaper said, BCB is still trying and if it not happens then BCB would ask compensation from BCCI for not keeping their promise. Same old BCCI story by the way!

Thanks for the info. The same old story will continue until we raise our game.

zahid
January 15, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hay hay, aro dholai khaitey pari amra

Eshen
January 15, 2008, 07:31 PM
I will be very happy if current BCB shows the backbone to ask compensation from BCCI. BCCI already got a billion dollar contract for IPL, they should not mind giving us a million from there.

Nawreen93
January 15, 2008, 07:37 PM
march 20th???? nooooo!!!! but that's TAMIM'S birthday!!

AsifTheManRahman
January 15, 2008, 07:44 PM

Well that's good then. If he scores a century, he won't have to steal cake anymore.

Rifat
January 15, 2008, 07:50 PM
olay....olay olay olay olay olay. trent johnson with his irish "funky chicken"...

who will prevail, the "zizou dance" or the "olays"? the trademark shot to fine leg mastered by ashraful or the irish luck and class? we shall see...

if anyone is interested to watch the world cup match again google "bangladesh versus ireland" SADNESS...

Rifat
January 15, 2008, 07:53 PM
on that match Ashraful and Rahim are the only ones who showed promise(before gettng out carelessly), bowling was below mediocre and fielding quite laughable... nafees Tamim and yes, Aftab gifted wickets to irish, who cares about a stupid bouncy pitch... we should have won, and we have gifted them... even a 3-0 whitewash will never justify what we gave to them in the World cup...

in case anyone is wondering, we also gifted matches to India, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England and West Indies ever since that South Africa victory...

Antora
January 15, 2008, 08:44 PM

OMG! hahaaha and i thought i was the one that remebered his bday and everything lol!
well Tamim aka "Da Gangsta" is gonna play good! and hopefully he will score a century on his bday! :D

on the other hand, Ireland?????????????
well if we cant white wash the irish and punish them for winning against us in the WC....
then.......:mad::mad::mad:

Nocturnal
January 15, 2008, 08:49 PM
well if we cant white wash the irish and punish them for winning against us in the WC....

no more nightmare (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=604587&postcount=22) sister. :-p

Zunaid
January 15, 2008, 08:51 PM
Miraz - go rest unless you have completely recovered - else start the tour bulletin :)

Miraz
January 15, 2008, 08:57 PM
Miraz - go rest unless you have completely recovered - else start the tour bulletin :)

[বাংলা]যাইগা !! ডরাইছি [/বাংলা] :D

Difficult to stay away from BC for a long time. You know what I mean. :)

Miraz
January 15, 2008, 09:26 PM
Old news but relevant...

Ireland name winter squad

Dec 19, 2007
Ireland's World Cup captain Trent Johnston will lead a winter training squad of 22 players, including opener Jeremy Bray - back in the reckoning after ruling himself out of the second half of the 2007 season.
Coach Phil Simmons will focus primarily on the winter squad when he comes to pick his pre-season tour party to UAE and Bangladesh.
Several notable names - such as John Mooney, Dom Joyce, Kenny Carroll, Jason Molins and Dave Langford-Smith - are missing from the 22.
Seamer Langford-Smith has opted out of contention for a squad featuring under-19s Gavin McKenna, Paul Stirling, James Hall and leg-spinner Greg Thompson.
O'Brien brothers Kevin and Niall have also been chosen - the Northamptonshire wicketkeeper named along with fellow English-based professionals Will Porterfield, Boyd Rankin, Eoin Morgan and Gary Wilson.

Zunaid
January 15, 2008, 09:42 PM
[বাংলা]যাইগা !! ডরাইছি [/বাংলা] :D

Difficult to stay away from BC for a long time. You know what I mean. :)

I know what you mean. And you should know what I mean.

One World
January 15, 2008, 09:44 PM
I can say without any confusion that "Ireland dholai khabe"

[PS: copyright by kaisermatin]

jahidus200
January 15, 2008, 10:07 PM
portisod nite hobe,ar bala moto shika dite hobe ireland re 3-o white wish koire .taile ora bugbo bangladesh ki khelte pare if our player wants to.

uss01
January 15, 2008, 10:18 PM
Actually this is good. May is amongst the worst time to play cricket in Bangladesh. It's too hot and humid, right before the rainy season starts in full flow. No cricket or just plain "rest" is much better than More cricket in the hot weather. The fans suffer, as well as the cricketers suffer.

Why does BCB always plan matches involving India in the worst time? If India is too busy to play in BD during our Cricket season, which is between October-February, then too bad. You don't see England hosting tri nation series in December!

Thanks for the info. The same old story will continue until we raise our game.

al Furqaan
January 15, 2008, 10:33 PM
if BCCI backs out, we should milk those cheapskates for no less than 1.5 times what we lose. the extra 50% is for effing around with commitments.

then we should arrange a 5 match ODI series against Pakistan.

ialbd
January 15, 2008, 11:33 PM
argggghhhh indeed, hishab baki ase ......

jalo ooo jalo oooo......

Snowman
January 16, 2008, 12:27 AM
I dont think we should get too confident about a whitewash. Last time we played Ireland we lost horribly. The tigers have to prove it that they can beat them before we start dreaming of a white wash. Yes it is true that we have the skills to beat a team like Ireland, but we also have skills to beat other teams too, but it rarely happens.
On a separate note i got a message from a member name einstein preaching buddhism, Who do i report this spam message too?

Rabz
January 16, 2008, 12:55 AM
Playing Ireland just before SA would be the perfect training our boys could get.
A morale boosting series win (whitewashing them) and some good solid performance in the middle will do wonders for them.

Just like NZ practised with us before thier Eng series, same way we'll practise with the Irish before our SA series.

Eshen
January 16, 2008, 01:06 AM
Rabz, we are playing Ireland after SA, not the other way.

BD-Shardul
January 16, 2008, 01:38 AM
Our Aftab himself will take care of Ireland, Inshallah. We usually see a different Aftab when we play against minnows in our home soil.

kalpurush
January 16, 2008, 02:11 AM
Playing Ireland just before SA would be the perfect training our boys could get.
A morale boosting series win (whitewashing them) and some good solid performance in the middle will do wonders for them.

Just like NZ practised with us before thier Eng series, same way we'll practise with the Irish before our SA series.
Doing alright buddy?!;):-D

Rabz
January 16, 2008, 02:28 AM
Rabz, we are playing Ireland after SA, not the other way.

Oh...my mistake then! I thought we'r playing the Irish before the Saffers.

Doing alright buddy?!;):-D

Yes, boss. Doing all good.
Apni kemon asen??

These days, unfortunately, i've reduced myself to one or two liners here in BC.
Since i got back to BD, been really really busy with work and stuff...
as a result, im like almost invisible. you'd see me here and there, but not as meaningful contributions.....

any plans to come visit bangladesh soon boss?

oporajeyo_bangla
January 16, 2008, 09:26 AM
This is a good development for BD cricket. In fact, I would favor touring Ireland more so we can get used to seaming conditions. But in our backyard, it will hopefully be some much needed wins for the BD team!

Ajfar
January 16, 2008, 11:29 AM
bangladesh = 3 ireland = 0....aitaa hoileww world cup er protishod hoiboo naa..

akabir77
January 16, 2008, 12:19 PM
we need to beat them as we get beaten by NZ or any other big teams. BY BIG MARGINS.

Sovik
January 16, 2008, 12:23 PM
would have been nice if the tour was other way around. Bangladesh in Ireland

DJ Sahastra
January 16, 2008, 12:27 PM
For once, my sympathy is gonna be with Ireland. They are in real bad shape with no support of any kind - really a bunch of volunteer cricketers.

At the risk of facing some ire, i hope they win an ODI.

Nafi
January 16, 2008, 12:38 PM

Ekta Laathi Maara khub Dorkar :ticking:

zainab
January 16, 2008, 01:14 PM
For once, my sympathy is gonna be with Ireland. They are in real bad shape with no support of any kind - really a bunch of volunteer cricketers.

Are you rooting for BD or Ireland?

Sovik
January 16, 2008, 01:19 PM

come on man. i live in ireland and still not gonna support them

Shobha
January 16, 2008, 01:30 PM
OMG! hahaaha and i thought i was the one that remebered his bday and everything lol!
well Tamim aka "Da Gangsta" is gonna play good! and hopefully he will score a century on his bday! :D

i remember nafees iqbal's birthday coz it's the same as mine:D:D:D

LateCut
January 16, 2008, 01:35 PM
Oh my God! We will be exposed!

Shobha
January 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
come on man. i live in ireland and still not gonna support them

high five to you bro, i'm british and i still dont support english cricket. infact i hate them for some reason( dont know why)

Sovik
January 16, 2008, 02:22 PM
high five to you bro, i'm british and i still dont support english cricket. infact i hate them for some reason( dont know why)

i don't hate them i just hate the weather other than that i really like it here. hope BD team will be in Ireland someday and the ODIs in Clontarf will be too good to miss

kalpurush
January 16, 2008, 03:29 PM
Oh...my mistake then! I thought we'r playing the Irish before the Saffers.

Yes, boss. Doing all good.
Apni kemon asen??

These days, unfortunately, i've reduced myself to one or two liners here in BC.
Since i got back to BD, been really really busy with work and stuff...
as a result, im like almost invisible. you'd see me here and there, but not as meaningful contributions.....

any plans to come visit bangladesh soon boss?
Well, doing ok I would say. I hope you would get some time off next month and enjoy your break watching BD vs SA ...can't think of anything better than that!
Yes, planning to visit BD, though in 2009...:)

Nafi
January 16, 2008, 03:31 PM

same here

sandpiper
January 16, 2008, 04:14 PM
Irish cricket is facing a growing financial crisis despite the team's success in the World Cup, according to a report by BBC Northern Ireland.

Even though Ireland reached the Super Eights stage of the tournament, they made a loss from their participation because they received a much smaller fee than Full Member countries, including those who failed to reach the second stage. For example, Zimbabwe, whom Ireland helped knock out, received almost US$11 million, dwarfing the amount paid to the Irish Cricket Union.

In October the Bank of Ireland ended its long-standing sponsorship deal and, to date, no replacement has been signed up.

Warren Deutrom, the ICU's chief executive, admitted to the BBC that 2007 was "an exceptionally difficult year for Irish cricket" but said the board would break even. He did, however, agree that the plans to offer players professional contract would have to be delayed and would not happen in 2008.

more: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ireland/content/story/325634.html

Dhakablues
January 16, 2008, 06:19 PM
Whatever they do,, lets not ask them to play any first class match cause, with our bunch, I dont trust that we can even beat the Irish in a 4 day match.. I am that scared!!

Rifat
January 16, 2008, 06:44 PM
Our Aftab himself will take care of Ireland, Inshallah. We usually see a different Aftab when we play against minnows in our home soil.

i still remember... that out, it was so stupid!!!

i like this new "cool, calm, collected" Aftab, got unlucky in New Zealand but his prime time is just around the corner, still somewhat disapointed in him...but he can make it up by scoring centuries or consecutive fifties.

Rifat
January 16, 2008, 06:47 PM
Whatever they do,, lets not ask them to play any first class match cause, with our bunch, I dont trust that we can even beat the Irish in a 4 day match.. I am that scared!!

no, we might have a half chance against them in first class, New Zealand was a tougher opponent in a tougher condition... we didn't completely do bad in that tour... we have a new record test opening partnership and Mashrafee Rajib and Sakib finding good bowling form, plus aftab is finding his way to play the bad balls and converting his consistent 30's into 50+...

we showed resistance, that's all... we should do better in our own back home

Rifat
January 16, 2008, 06:51 PM
more: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ireland/content/story/325634.html

i have also heard that their top players are playing county cricket because it pays more than their national team, without their irish pride they won't stand a chance against us, on paper off course...

but i want to to see Bangladesh defeat the best in irish cricket, the ones with irish pride. then we will all be satisfied. that will be the perfect revenge, if it does happen

Roni_uk
January 16, 2008, 06:54 PM
At last we will get some confidence building exercise.... but what if we get white washed by the irish too?

Antora
January 16, 2008, 07:25 PM
At last we will get some confidence building exercise.... but what if we get white washed by the irish too?

ssssshhhh!!!! ei kotha boltey hoy na! :timeout:

Sovik
January 16, 2008, 09:00 PM

not gonna happen. no way. they will put up some fight but they won't win any of the matches. pitches will be spinners friendly and they will look like fish out of water

abu2abu
January 17, 2008, 07:26 AM
If ireland's county stars (morgan, rankin, Porterfield, O'brien etc) play then it won't be a walk in the park. These guys are pretty good and arguably have been exposed to more professional cricket than our teenagers...

CHABAN
January 17, 2008, 07:41 AM
Incorrect!!!!!!

India have agreed to tour Bangladesh for a tri-series in 2008 or 2009 with Pakistan as the third side, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced in Chittagong today.

"We have agreed to play the tri-series in Bangladesh.

I think it can be played in 2008 or 2009," Niranjan Shah, the BCCI secretary, told PTI.

"We have to make some adjustments to the ICC calendar.

Shobha
January 17, 2008, 01:34 PM
Incorrect!!!!!!

India have agreed to tour Bangladesh for a tri-series in 2008 or 2009 with Pakistan as the third side, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced in Chittagong today.

"We have agreed to play the tri-series in Bangladesh.

I think it can be played in 2008 or 2009," Niranjan Shah, the BCCI secretary, told PTI.

"We have to make some adjustments to the ICC calendar.

GOD BLESS THE BCCI:-D:-D:-D

desirocker
January 17, 2008, 02:26 PM
আইরিশদের সাথে কিছু হিসাব নিকাশ এখনো বাকি আছে।

:waiting:

but bro, the poor quality of performence that bangladesh showed may continue in the home series as well.

Rifat
January 17, 2008, 02:54 PM
but bro, the poor quality of performence that bangladesh showed may continue in the home series as well.

keyword: may be. anything is still possible

kalpurush
January 17, 2008, 03:09 PM
even against the Irish in our own backyeard?...haha...one day we can beat anyone, the next day we can't even beat the Irish?!! that low...???:doh:

kalpurush
January 17, 2008, 03:11 PM
keyword: may be. anything is still possible
Rifat..why may be? have faith in you and the team...:-D

BanCricFan
January 17, 2008, 04:14 PM

Young man/woman, there is no glory in hate! BTW, what is it that you don't like about English cricket- just curious.:)

sandpiper
January 17, 2008, 04:21 PM
আমরা জিতব। এ বিষয়ে আমার কোন সন্দেহ নাই।

:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

nzfan
January 17, 2008, 05:40 PM
If Bangladesh is slaughtered in SOuth Africa, they will have low morale for the Irish series and if they manage to lose that.... people will be calling for revoke of test status more so than they are already. So bangladesh will be under pressure against ireland

sandpiper
January 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
WE WILL SLAUGHTER IRELAND :mad::mad:
If Bangladesh is slaughtered in SOuth Africa, they will have low morale for the Irish series and if they manage to lose that.... people will be calling for revoke of test status more so than they are already. So bangladesh will be under pressure against ireland

:E

akabir77
January 17, 2008, 05:56 PM

SA is coming to play in BD so lets see who gets slaughtered where. What does Bad plays has anything to do with test status? did NZ got slaughtered there couple of months ago? no one questioned their Status?

nzfan
January 17, 2008, 07:18 PM
I remember RSa verses Bangladesh at Chittagong.... South Africa declared 470/2.. The Black caps wernt destroyed by SOuth Africa, they were destroyed by Dayle Steyn i suggest the bangladeshi players watch videos and research him or the same will happen

al Furqaan
January 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
I remember RSa verses Bangladesh at Chittagong.... South Africa declared 470/2.. The Black caps wernt destroyed by SOuth Africa, they were destroyed by Dayle Steyn i suggest the bangladeshi players watch videos and research him or the same will happen

we don't need to research dale steyn or einstein...if our batsman want they can make even mills and martin look world class...woops.

nzfan
January 17, 2008, 07:30 PM
i never said mills or martin were world class, all i was doing was speaking the truth, i never make outrageous claims and most of what i say come sout to be true, so i won't fight anymore, just wait and see what happens:)

Sovik
January 17, 2008, 07:35 PM
i never said mills or martin were world class, all i was doing was speaking the truth, i never make outrageous claims and most of what i say come sout to be true, so i won't fight anymore, just wait and see what happens:)

if you look at some bd performance you will see our batsman played well against good bolwers but everything fell apart when a part time bowler started his short spell. so there's a chance that styne might not take one wicket but bowlers like justin ontong could take a few to done the damage

al Furqaan
January 17, 2008, 07:38 PM

lolz...but the dhaka test RSA were 330 all out the week after 470-2. the raw freak factor 6-77.

i'm more inclined to believe RSA will be closer to 330 all out than 470-2 this time around in both tests.

btw, trust me...BD batsmen could make even my right arm mediums look world class :)

paul adams 5-37 and where did he go after that?

Sovik
January 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
paul adams 5-37 and where did he go after that?

collingwood took 6-31 and symonds 5-18

brockley
January 17, 2008, 08:47 PM
This will be a good close series,shame its not 5 one dayers,ireland will be at full strength.

sandpiper
January 17, 2008, 08:52 PM
WHO ARE YOU ?
WE ARE READY TO PLAY 7 MATCH SERIES, BUT THEN OUR STADIUMS WOULD REMAIN EMPTY. :umm:
This will be a good close series,shame its not 5 one dayers,ireland will be at full strength.

Soheni
January 17, 2008, 09:20 PM
We should get revenge on them for what they did to us in the World Cup, and also erase the shame on the players' faces from the NZ tour(I never want to see that kind of performance from BD team ever again in my life). Bangladesh should win 3-0. Only that would make me satisfied and happy so I could support BD team as much as I did before. I don't think that the team's cricket playing status is improving as it should, but it's decreasing.

One World
January 17, 2008, 09:40 PM
if you look at some bd performance you will see our batsman played well against good bolwers but everything fell apart when a part time bowler started his short spell. so there's a chance that styne might not take one wicket but bowlers like justin ontong could take a few to done the damage

A good batsman moulds himself according to the bowling plan of the opponents. He has to capture the mind game around and also handle the pressure with cool head. Someday as the experience level will rise we will be the top and tough test team of the world trust me. Life in BD basically hard. Nothing comes easy. Opportunity is less. If the players can just instill that fighting spirit in their cricket the transformation will be achieved rapidly Inshallah.

lamisa
January 18, 2008, 11:32 AM
if BCCI backs out, we should milk those cheapskates for no less than 1.5 times what we lose. the extra 50% is for effing around with commitments.

then we should arrange a 5 match ODI series against Pakistan.

spot on!

zainab
January 18, 2008, 03:05 PM
I hope that the BD team would not be complacent enough to underestimate Ireland. They are a very good Associate team, on par with Zimbabwe.
Complacency made BD lost that practice match in SA for the 20/20 WC event.
I hope Ashraful remembers how they lost that match. I think Rasel was injured and could not play.

tiger_army
January 18, 2008, 08:40 PM
we need more series like these to gain our confidence and winning habit back........
i think those won matches against Kenya & Zimbo worked as a tonic in 2007 success...

wiseshah
January 18, 2008, 11:26 PM
my prediction: Ireland 2: BD 1, sorry to say guys...

Nocturnal
January 18, 2008, 11:28 PM

you don't need to feel sorry as it's not gonna happen. 3-0 for BD my friend.

wiseshah
January 18, 2008, 11:59 PM
lots of things shouldnt be happened, but happens. Bd is very unpredictable and inconsistent. anyway, i will be happy to see 3:0 after a long time.

One World
January 19, 2008, 02:01 AM
you don't need to feel sorry as it's not gonna happen. 3-0 for BD my friend.

Nicely Put Bro.

zainab
January 19, 2008, 03:28 PM
I think that BCB has a reciprocal agreement with ireland that BD tours ireland next year. This will be great.

Coming back to Ireland, we hope that we dont see many of those chicken dances.
BD lost to Ireland because of poor captaincy by Bashar and also Rasel was injured.
Bashar looked as if he was a Zombie. He allowed irealnd to take too many singles and twos, I could not understand his field placements and the fact that he did not rotate his bowlers quickly, he became defensive instead of aggressive.
I am sure Ash will not make this mistake.

Moshin
January 19, 2008, 03:37 PM
dhur why does the irish have to come to our bangladesh, well all i can say is good luck to the irish, because in march accroding to my logic bangladesh are tigers, i mean really they turn into 'tigers', the tigers will crush thier irish guts wait and see guys!

Shobha
January 19, 2008, 03:38 PM
come on bd, batter the irish>>> 3-0 to bd:)

Moshin
January 19, 2008, 03:40 PM
are you crazy man, bangladesh will crush them! the Kenyans, the Zimbabweans and the Scots could not handle us very well in the tours in desh, what makes you think Ireland will play good over there, very different conditions compared to thiers you know, plus the irish are not getting paid for thier contracts with the team you know, they might even play bad because of that;).

Nice pitch of Mirpur Stadium.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/225/496010195_4d07451c39_m.jpg

Moshin
January 19, 2008, 04:43 PM
..... Good Luck to Bangladesh I hope they beat Ireland by 3-0 Insha-allah! Come on!

brockley
January 19, 2008, 08:21 PM
I am barracking for ireland,i think ireland can do it too.

Eshen
January 21, 2008, 01:22 PM
Today's daily star said there will be two four day matches between Ireland and BCB XI (made of academy and u/19 players), there was no mention of the ODI series. The report also said national players may be available to play in Dhaka premier league by 22 March.

Nocturnal
January 21, 2008, 03:01 PM
Lipu's quote from bdnews24.com today-

Replying to a query, Lipu said the national cricketers are likely to play the league after March 22 and will get at least seven matches to play after the departure of South Africa.

South Africa are scheduled to arrive here on February 14 to play three ODIs series and two Tests series before leaving here on March 15.

Thereafter, Ireland will visit Bangladesh to play three ODIs and two four-dayers.

"The clubs' representatives requested us to keep the national players out of the four-dayer squad so that they can play the national players in their side. We have agreed with them," said Lipu.

Lipu said he thought the ODI series against Ireland would end by March 22.

Eshen
January 21, 2008, 03:09 PM
Lipu said he thought the ODI series against Ireland would end by March 22.
So the ODI series has been brought forward and the four day matches will be played afterwards ? Makes sense.

Nocturnal
January 21, 2008, 03:13 PM
So the ODI series has been brought forward and the four day matches will be played afterwards ? Makes sense.

Yah, thats what I think too. Disappointing that still BCB don't know the date of the series by now.

FagunerAgun
January 21, 2008, 05:40 PM

I like this Mirpur stadium, so nice specially for the color.
This color matches Dhaka Abahoni jersey color.

Shobha
January 21, 2008, 05:47 PM

Agree. it looks very nice aswell.

Eshen
January 21, 2008, 05:50 PM
Yah, thats what I think too. Disappointing that still BCB don't know the date of the series by now.
Ireland has a four day match against UAE in the first half of March. I think the dates for that match has to be fixed before BCB can fix dates for the ODI series.

Our last ODI against SA is on 14th March. I guess BCB will give our team 3-4 days break and then start the series against Ireland.

cricketboy
January 21, 2008, 07:41 PM
I really hope we can win the series 3-0 and see our batsman getting some 50s and 100s for a change.

DJ Sahastra
January 21, 2008, 08:09 PM

Shalara, Ei To Khob Bhalo :)

Is Mirpur near Pabna?

kalpurush
January 22, 2008, 01:15 AM

Is Mirpur near Pabna?
[বাংলা]দুলাভাই...অনেক শালা বানাইছ দেখছি...আনন্দেই আছ মনে হচ্ছে!
সবকিছুই কি হেমায়েতপুরের মত আপন মনে হয়?!! অনেকদিন থাকছ তো...তাই...;)[/বাংলা]

DJ Bro., it's just a joke! Just trying to make myself laugh!!:-D

zainab
January 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
Ireland has quite a few good players who are fighters. I have watched them play, they are not scared of anyone and they put up a good fight regardless which team they are playing. Sometimes, I wish BD can follow their example. They did beat BD convincingly in the World Cup, and they will be thinking about that.

DJ Sahastra
January 22, 2008, 02:39 PM

Kalpurush Bhai,

I forgot to bring my Bangla Glasses today. Can someone translate please?

Thanks in advance.

Nasif
January 22, 2008, 02:40 PM

Is Mirpur near Pabna?

Mirpur is in Dhaka.

Here is the stadium:

Google Earth Location:
Bangabandhu National Stadium, Dhaka, Bangladesh.kmz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=145&d=1152131188) (496 Bytes)

akabir77
January 22, 2008, 02:45 PM

Kalpurush Bhai,

Thanks in advance.

Brother-in-law(sisters Husband)... Made a lot of brother-in-laws(wifes brother). Having lots of fun!
Every thing looks like Hemayetpur to you?!! spent a lot of time there? that's why... i guess...

DJ Sahastra
January 22, 2008, 02:46 PM
Mirpur is in Dhaka.

Here is the stadium:

Google Earth Location:
Bangabandhu National Stadium, Dhaka, Bangladesh.kmz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=145&d=1152131188) (496 Bytes)

Oiieeee Shalara ... Ei to Amader Kuaan (Well) lagbe. Stargate SG-1 er gate lagbe :)

kalpurush
January 23, 2008, 01:28 AM
Mirpur is in Dhaka.

Here is the stadium:

Google Earth Location:
A facinating view! Thanks Nasif Bhai.:-D

kalpurush
January 23, 2008, 01:35 AM
Kalpurush Bhai,

Thanks in advance.
DJ Bro., It ment to be a joke! Just trying to myself laugh!!:-D

Miraz
February 9, 2008, 01:50 PM
BCB today announced the final itinerary of the tour.

<table border="2" cellspacing="0" width="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="26%">Date</td> <td width="46%">Details </td> <td width="26%">Venue</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td height="18">15 Mar – Sat</td> <td>Ireland Team Arrive in Dhaka</td> <td>Zia Int.</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td height="18">16 Mar – Sun</td> <td>Rest & Practice</td> <td>SBNS</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td height="18">17 Mar – Mon</td> <td>Rest & Practice</td> <td>SBNS</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td height="18">18 Mar – Tue</td> <td>1st ODI Bangladesh vs Ireland</td> <td>SBNS</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td height="18">19 Mar – Wed</td> <td>Rest & Practice</td> <td>SBNS</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td height="18">20 Mar – Thu</td> <td>2nd ODI Bangladesh vs Ireland</td> <td>SBNS</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td>21 Mar – Fri</td> <td>Rest & Practice </td> <td>SBNS</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td>22 Mar – Sat</td> <td>3rd ODI Bangladesh vs Ireland</td> <td>SBNS</td></tr> <tr valign="top"><td>23 Mar – Sun</td> <td>Ireland Team Departs </td> <td>Zia Int.</td></tr> </tbody></table>

al Furqaan
February 9, 2008, 02:07 PM
there should have been a FC match...also we should have played at some of the smaller venues like khulna and bogra.

all matches are occuring in mirpur and CDS...whats the point of having 3 extra venues if you don't use it?

BANFAN
February 9, 2008, 04:47 PM
Should be very good for BD to regain some confidence after continuous defeats against stronger teams. Will give ash some chance to get the team reorganized. We must play often with the weaker teams for team building. We have seen the benefits once in the world cup. But the team shattered after some defeats following the world cup.

It is so important to win matches/being competitive to maintain the team espirit. Against any opponent.

kalpurush
February 9, 2008, 08:32 PM
there should have been a FC match...also we should have played at some of the smaller venues like khulna and bogra.

all matches are occuring in mirpur and CDS...whats the point of having 3 extra venues if you don't use it?
Ireland is coming to Bangladesh only for nine days! Not enough time to play FC match and travel...I guess.

al-Sagar
February 9, 2008, 10:53 PM
yes

yes

3 more matches for me to be at the MIRPUR STADIUM

mshakir56
February 10, 2008, 12:55 AM
Ireland is coming to Bangladesh only for nine days! Not enough time to play FC match and travel...I guess.

Why don't they come for a month long tour ! They can't afford the hotel rentals ?

al-Sagar
February 10, 2008, 01:59 AM
Why don't they come for a month long tour ! They can't afford the hotel rentals ?

it would have been nice if they had been for a long time.

we also could have arranged a three match ODI series betwwen BANGLADESH A vs IRELAND . and also two four day matches

mshakir56
February 10, 2008, 03:57 AM
it would have been nice if they had been for a long time.

we also could have arranged a three match ODI series betwwen BANGLADESH A vs IRELAND . and also two four day matches

you are right ! Lack of communication and determination from BCB ! Our A team would have benefited a great deal !

zainab
February 10, 2008, 08:13 AM
I think that money is involved here. I did read that BCB is paying for the team's stay in Bangladesh, also Ireland has promised a reciprocal tour of BD to Ireland in the near future.
Ash should go all out to win these matches, as Ireland would have no idea of how the pitch will play, seeing that they are not playing any warmup matches.

tiger_army
February 10, 2008, 08:27 AM
Agree. it looks very nice aswell.

not agree the Stadium looks like indian khat stadiums in Baroda or jaipur....
Can we get rid of those Samiyana... they look very ugly..we need a permanent shed...how much they wud cost?

mshakir56
February 10, 2008, 12:06 PM
I think that money is involved here. I did read that BCB is paying for the team's stay in Bangladesh, also Ireland has promised a reciprocal tour of BD to Ireland in the near future.
Ash should go all out to win these matches, as Ireland would have no idea of how the pitch will play, seeing that they are not playing any warmup matches.

We shouldn't take the irish side lightly, as they are a good side who have english county experience. If their county pros return, they will be really hard to beat !

zainab
February 10, 2008, 01:53 PM
I dont think that Ash will take this team lightly, I am sure his memory is not short, he must remember that humiliating defeat in the world cup, he is a better thinking captain than Bashar who is slow to react to conditions.

FagunerAgun
February 11, 2008, 09:04 AM
Can we get rid of those Samiyana... they look very ugly..we need a permanent shed...how much they wud cost?

It is not about cost, it is our attitude and life style that we need to change.

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 11:58 AM
It is not about cost, it is our attitude and life style that we need to change.

Corruption My friend ! Its all about the corrupt minds running the top offices in Bangladesh ! :timeout: I feel like knocking them over with a huge hammer ! LOL :lol:

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2008, 12:16 PM
Patience my friend!! In the final plans those Shamiana's are not there. By the 2011 WC openning ceremoni you should fix your teeth, so that you can proudly show them. I already did my part (fixing my teeth). :-D :D :lol:

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 12:33 PM
Patience my friend!! In the final plans those Shamiana's are not there. By the 2011 WC openning ceremoni you should fix your teeth, so that you can proudly show them. I already did my part (fixing my teeth). :-D :D :lol:

My friend don't forget that we are Bengalis, we don't have abundance of Patience ! Our patience runs out faster then the speed of life ! Or rather the speed of Bangladeshi wickets falling in a Test Match ! We are a doom-darraka generation of people, such as Aftab ! Having patience hurts our prestige ! :D

Fazal
February 11, 2008, 03:10 PM
With our current performance and team strength, these are the teams who can inflict more pain and damage to our growth and reputation. So we should take Ireland team very seriously.

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2008, 03:17 PM
A facinating view! Thanks Nasif Bhai.:-D
Eventhough this image says 2006 Google, I think now it looks very different from the top also. The VIP stands, Electronic scoreboards, Media Box are not here. In coming days they will have covers all around the ground and then it will be like a real statium of twenty-first century.

al-Sagar
February 11, 2008, 08:11 PM
Eventhough this image says 2006 Google, I think now it looks very different from the top also. The VIP stands, Electronic scoreboards, Media Box are not here. In coming days they will have covers all around the ground and then it will be like a real statium of twenty-first century.

u r absolutely right

the mediabox, vip gallery, hospitality box, scorecards are not there.

its the old football stadium gallery shown there. except the piches are shown, and the athletics tracks are omited

brockley
February 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
2 of the irish lads have played ICL,do you think their will be any problems with this with the BCB.

al-Sagar
February 11, 2008, 10:57 PM
2 of the irish lads have played ICL,do you think their will be any problems with this with the BCB.

it could be the problem of the irish board

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 11:55 PM

The Irish Cricket board has to decide whether to take action against those 2 players or not !

kalpurush
February 12, 2008, 01:03 AM
Might be fortunate to watch a match ot two with you, Mijan Bhai, in that magnificent stadium:)

Miraz
February 13, 2008, 10:15 AM
Ireland has named the squad for Bangladesh tour, the surprise inclusion is 17 year old batsman Paul Stirling who is currently in Malaysia with the U-19 squad.

Ireland squad: T Johnston (Railway Union) , A Botha (North County), A Cusack (Clontarf), P Eaglestone (Strabane), T Fourie (Merrion), G Kidd (Waringstown), K Mc Callan (Waringstown), E Morgan (Middlesex), K O'Brien (Railway Union), N O'Brien (Northants), W Porterfield (Gloucestershire), B Rankin (Warwickshire), P Stirling (Cliftonville), R Strydom (North County), G Thompson (Lisburn).<!-- E BO -->

Read full (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/7242900.stm)

jahidus200
February 13, 2008, 10:21 AM
3-0 thats it no way . and we should have big big win in all those match.

mshakir56
February 13, 2008, 12:18 PM
The Irish team with county experience could prove to be handful against our team !

Rabz
February 13, 2008, 12:30 PM
The Irish team with county experience could prove to be handful against our team !

County experience doesnt work in subcontinental pitches...
its a whole new ball game here.

...and they are up for a real drubbing.

reyme
February 13, 2008, 12:58 PM
3-0 thats it no way . and we should have big big win in all those match.

big big win against Ireland jahidus? Shhhhh. I see a tough tough contest.

kalpurush
February 13, 2008, 03:19 PM
big big win against Ireland jahidus? Shhhhh. I see a tough tough contest.
True. Though, we should win the series 3-0.
Anything less would give Mr. Boycott an opportunity to sell his product...;)

al Furqaan
February 13, 2008, 03:35 PM
Ireland has named the squad for Bangladesh tour, the surprise inclusion is 17 year old batsman Paul Stirling who is currently in Malaysia with the U-19 squad.

Read full (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/7242900.stm)

seems a fulls strenght irish side - BBC says all 4 county players are there. i remember when they played india last summer they were missing some of their key players.

brockley
February 13, 2008, 05:31 PM
I wonder if the BCB will act.
The BCCI will surely not be happy if they play.
Boyd rankin and nial o'brien are the players who have played with the ICL,vital members of the irish side.

Murad
February 13, 2008, 05:45 PM
I wonder if the BCB will act.
The BCCI will surely not be happy if they play.
Boyd rankin and nial o'brien are the players who have played with the ICL,vital members of the irish side.

That rule is for only the Test playing nations. Not for the Associates.

So BCB can do nothing about it.

Eshen
February 13, 2008, 07:30 PM
That rule is for only the Test playing nations. Not for the Associates.

So BCB can do nothing about it.
There is no rule, it's a gentlemen's agreement among full members that they won't pick a player for the national team if he has played in ICL. Legally, BCB, BCCI, or even ICC can do nothing if an individual board (full member or associate) chose any such player for its team.

FagunerAgun
February 14, 2008, 11:46 AM
Corruption My friend ! Its all about the corrupt minds running the top offices in Bangladesh ! :timeout: I feel like knocking them over with a huge hammer ! LOL :lol:

Agree but I think those corrupts need some bulldozers to get their heads and minds fixed. :-p

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 10:52 AM
BCB has announced the itinerary for the Ireland tour.

Itinerary

<table style="border: medium none ; border-collapse: collapse;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="border: 1pt solid windowtext; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day

</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> Date

</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="264"> Details

</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 63pt; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="84"> Venue

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 01
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 15 Mar – Sat

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="264"> Ireland Team Arrive in Dhaka

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 63pt; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="84"> Zia Int.

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 02

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 16 Mar – Sun

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="264"> Rest & Practice

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 63pt; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="84"> SBNS

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 03

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 17 Mar – Mon

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="264"> Rest & Practice

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 63pt; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="84"> SBNS

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 04

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 18 Mar – Tue

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="264"> 01<sup>st</sup> ODI Bangladesh vs Ireland

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 05

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 19 Mar – Wed

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 06

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 20 Mar – Thu

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="264"> 02<sup>nd</sup> ODI Bangladesh vs Ireland

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 07

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 21 Mar – Fri

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 08

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 22 Mar – Sat

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="264"> 03<sup>rd</sup> ODI Bangladesh vs Ireland

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="72"> Day - 09

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.25in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="120"> 23 Mar – Sun

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.75in; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="264"> Team Departs

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: rgb(236, 233, 216) windowtext windowtext rgb(236, 233, 216); border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 63pt; background-color: transparent;" valign="top" width="84"> Zia Int.

</td></tr></tbody></table> <wbr> <wbr>
Venue:

SBNS - Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka

billah
March 5, 2008, 11:08 AM
So, we take the field against the Irish only 4 days after a 2-1 series victory against the South Africans, while thinking of the humiliation the last time we met?

Murder ! We'll just slaughter them now. :lol:

tiger_omar
March 5, 2008, 11:48 AM
I honestly think that this will be a close contest. Although, I'm still expecting a 3-0 series sweep like most people here, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the matches were quite close.

Hopefully it will be a good contest, and our players will remember to win again. Maybe Bangladesh vs. Ireland could become like the old Bangladesh vs. Zimbabwe series. Some of those matches were close and exciting and I think it instiled a heap of confidence in our players.

jisaan
March 5, 2008, 11:58 AM
seems a fulls strenght irish side - BBC says all 4 county players are there. i remember when they played india last summer they were missing some of their key players.
why should we worry abt county players? there are 100s of players who have played county cricket! & we've beaten full strength county sides a lot of times.

i really don't see any reason for us to worry abt COUNTY players!

jisaan
March 5, 2008, 12:04 PM
i'll be more than surprised if the irish are not thrashed in all the matches. only anxiety? weather

tanim3960
March 5, 2008, 01:09 PM
Ireland is a very compititive team. there match with England reflects that. More importantly they have a very good temper. we will win but have to work hard for it. hope our boys do not understemate Irish.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ireland/engine/match/225171.html
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ireland/engine/match/293072.html

detroitpagla
March 5, 2008, 01:23 PM
Chances/advantage for us to make it 3-0
1. Home series
2. BD will be playing in the same ground (SBNS) for 5 consecutive matches.
3. Revenge from last year (young blood seeking for revenge) lolz coudnt find any other reasons
But Ireland players aren't like Zim/Kenya so I think it'll be fun to see how bd plays against them.

auntu
March 5, 2008, 02:50 PM
Smash them Tigers I can still feel the piercing pain done by their 'chicken dance'

AsifTheManRahman
March 5, 2008, 03:13 PM
Looking forward to a good, hard fought contest. SBNS sort of gives us an edge though.

Murad
March 5, 2008, 03:23 PM
Bhaijanera eto nachen ken.. khali dekhi 3-0 boltechen.

Pore abar ora kharap korle hazar ta thread open koirenna bash korar jonno..

Don't unerestimate the Irish team. THey are now as good as Bangladesh team. They have some players who were well experienced. Some of them are from Australia and NZ.

zainab
March 5, 2008, 04:06 PM
Quote by Muradnyc:

Don't unerestimate the Irish team. THey are now as good as Bangladesh team. They have some players who were well experienced. Some of them are from Australia and NZ.

Eaxactly my thoughts. They are an aggressive side and well experienced. BD should never be complacent, remember, how Kenya beat them also in September in SA in the 20/20.
BD has to be on their toes to beat these guys. they are not Bermuda, they play county cricket.

sandpiper
March 5, 2008, 04:07 PM
beware of COMPLACENCY

tanim3960
March 5, 2008, 04:10 PM
kaesi amare zodi haira zai ...........
tahole raniking a kintu amra piche poira zamu.

ausbangfan
March 6, 2008, 12:19 AM

make that only 3 county players- Boyd Rankin (Ireland's opening and probably best bowler is out injured

http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES2/articles/000028/002816.shtml

mshakir56
March 6, 2008, 12:27 AM
good news indeed. Boyd Rankin is certainly a good fast bowler !

AsifTheManRahman
March 6, 2008, 12:29 AM
No more short balls then.

mshakir56
March 6, 2008, 01:13 AM
No more short balls then.

nope had enough of it against the South Africans during the test series. I am not sure what the odi series holds for us !

Sohel
March 6, 2008, 01:21 AM
Underestimating the Opponent > Overconfidence > Underperformance > Humiliation and Loss

Something to keep in mind. Once we do, it should be 3-0 our way Inshallah.

crussher
March 6, 2008, 05:03 AM
Hello fellow cricketers!

I'm an Irish supporter and am very much looking forward to our 3 match series with you.
I think that you all have a very good spirit of the game. Other test nations are usually less than enthusiastic about playing us, thinking it is a waste of time. It is great that you are the first test nation that we are actually 'touring' as it were. As regards the result, I hope it will be close but I think Bangladesh will probably win 2-1, but you never know!

Anyway, I have a question: does anyone know if the games are being shown on any TV station?

Best wishes,

Crussher

Miraz
March 6, 2008, 05:33 AM
Welcome Crussher to BanglaCricket. Enjoy your stay!

Hopefully we will be able to see a good ODI series. Ireland is developing their game with time and it's really exciting for the greater interest of the game.

Not sure about the broadcasting yet, but probably neo sports will televise the matches.

If there is any TV broadcast, you will be able to find the sopcast link in the match thread on that day.

al Furqaan
March 6, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hello fellow cricketers!

I'm an Irish supporter and am very much looking forward to our 3 match series with you.
I think that you all have a very good spirit of the game. Other test nations are usually less than enthusiastic about playing us, thinking it is a waste of time. It is great that you are the first test nation that we are actually 'touring' as it were. As regards the result, I hope it will be close but I think Bangladesh will probably win 2-1, but you never know!

Anyway, I have a question: does anyone know if the games are being shown on any TV station?

Best wishes,

Crussher

welcome crusher. you are right, part of it is BD fan's sense of "exacting revenge" for the world cup loss :-p and also the fact that the the other test nations (especially a certain neighboring "first world" country) usually treat us with similar disdain.

but then our batsmen deserve it for their stupidy ad infinitum. i feel bad for our bowlers.

crussher
March 6, 2008, 05:41 PM
Yes indeed, and it is also a shame that certain countries are en route to forcing through the proposal to cut down the number of teams in the world cup from 16 to 14. Only so as not to be knocked out again by the so called lesser countries!
What the top nations tend to forget is that many of them were once in a similar situation to Bangladesh and Ireland but eventually they got better.

The problem in Ireland is that cricket is considered an English sport and so it is not very popular (around 5,000 players). Infact before the world cup, most people didn't even know we had a cricket team! But after the world cup, it became more popular.
For example, at my local club, before the World cup you might have only 40 under 11s showing up but after the world cup, you had upwards of 200 kids showing up for training. But there were only 3 coaches in the club and they couldn't handle the numbers....

However, matters are definitely on the up. The Irish cricket Union has become much more professional in its approach and much progress has been made recently.

Ireland is full of very talented sports men, the most talented of whom play the Irish game hurling which probably involves the most hand-eye co-ordination of any sport. Imagine if a few of them started to play cricket!

I hope we'll see Bangladesh in Ireland soon! :)

Sovik
March 6, 2008, 06:38 PM
I hope we'll see Bangladesh in Ireland soon! :)

ODI's in clontarf will be too good to miss.

and welcome to banglacricket

brockley
March 6, 2008, 07:43 PM
Yeh welcome crusher,good band of supporters in ireland.
It will be a close series.
Ireland doing well against UAE bowled them out for 228,they 1 wkt down.
Rankin and 'brien have quit ICL.
Would love a test match between ireland the 2nds champs and bangladesh,even if its unofficial.

tanim3960
March 7, 2008, 02:24 AM
Bangladesh will also visit ireland this year. Ireland will confirm that right after there Associate member tri series which is between....
Ireland
Kenya &
Scotland
also NZ will play 3 ODI with ireland in summer before they head to England.
Ireland will be well prepared by the time they invite us.

ausbangfan
March 7, 2008, 04:28 AM
Bangladesh will also visit ireland this year. Ireland will confirm that right after there Associate member tri series which is between....
Ireland
Kenya &
Scotland
also NZ will play 3 ODI with ireland in summer before they head to England.
Ireland will be well prepared by the time they invite us.

there is a planned quadrangular ODI series between Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Ireland sometime in October 2008. If this happens this will be good for Bangladesh to assert their dominance over the teams below them.
http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES/articles/000060/006060.shtml

hoodlum
March 7, 2008, 06:48 AM
we need this tournament

samjad
March 7, 2008, 10:22 AM
U remember the guy does the chicken dance ? Hope he doesn't get bird flu in bangladesh

zainab
March 7, 2008, 02:53 PM
The Irish are doing extremely well against the UAE. They will be in good form by the time they tour BD. One guy , Niall O'Brien made a century.

brockley
March 7, 2008, 07:07 PM
This will be good playing the minnows give them confidence,plus they have one dayers in pakistan in april.Australia won't tour pakistan,its a givem.
Any dates for the quad series in ireland.

sandpiper
March 7, 2008, 08:10 PM
আইরিশ দলের প্রধান সদস্যরা সবাই বহিরাগত। তারা মূলত ইংল্যান্ড, অস্ট্রেলিয়া, দক্ষিন আফ্রিকা থেকে আগত।

zainab
March 7, 2008, 11:21 PM
there is a planned quadrangular ODI series between Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Ireland sometime in October 2008. If this happens this will be good for Bangladesh to assert their dominance over the teams below them.
http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES/articles/000060/006060.shtml

I thought that BD is touring SA during this time.

cricket_king
March 7, 2008, 11:27 PM
I thought that BD is touring SA during this time.

Wasn't it supposed to be New Zealand? :confused:

Murad
March 8, 2008, 01:29 AM
Wasn't it supposed to be New Zealand? :confused:

None of these are confirmed yet. I think NZ will not tour BD this time. Its an addional tour. So they can cancel it anytime if they wish.

zainab
March 8, 2008, 08:16 AM
None of these are confirmed yet. I think NZ will not tour BD this time. Its an addional tour. So they can cancel it anytime if they wish.

I myself dont think that NZ will tour BD, so it will be good to have that quadrangluar
tournament in Kenya and hope that BD gets invited to ireland to play in a triangualr series. More cricket is better for BD.

ahaque
March 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
The Irish are doing extremely well against the UAE. They will be in good form by the time they tour BD. One guy , Niall O'Brien made a century.

yah here is the scorecard for their first class match against UAE.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/icccont2007/engine/current/match/325557.html

n obrien got 174

i know UAE isnt what you would call a tough opponent but still...

Murad
March 8, 2008, 01:44 PM
UAE lost all their games against our U19 team last year in Bangladesh :-p

ahaque
March 8, 2008, 01:48 PM
that explains the scorecard then...

ahaque
March 8, 2008, 01:49 PM
i still dont think we should take ireland lightly

Eshen
March 8, 2008, 01:54 PM
UAE lost all their games against our U19 team last year in Bangladesh :-p
That was not a full strength UAE team, although few UAE national team players played for that team.

sandpiper
March 8, 2008, 02:03 PM
Wicketkeeper batsman Niall O'Brien is currently in good from who has county experience with Kent and Northamptonshire. Their skipper Trent Johnston (New South Wales) and opening batsman Porterfield (Gloucestershire) can also pose some threat to our volatile bowling. Apart from them, Bangladesh is better in all aspects.

auntu
March 8, 2008, 02:07 PM
Bhaijanera eto nachen ken.. khali dekhi 3-0 boltechen.

Pore abar ora kharap korle hazar ta thread open koirenna bash korar jonno..

I agree that amader morog nach beshi hoche but ke county te khello tai kaipa jete hobe eita mante parlam na.

yap eita oto shoja hobe na tar poro BD should beat them 3-0

it is the time to prove ur self. Now BD is favorite. :flag:

crussher
March 9, 2008, 04:28 AM
From CricketEurope:

Ireland have been hit by injury concerns to three of their main bowlers ahead of their three ODI's with Bangladesh in 9 days time.

Skipper Trent Johnston (elbow), Dave Langford-Smith (ankle), and Andre Botha (leg) managed just 13 overs between them as Ireland closed in on victory after day 3 of their Intercontinental clash with UAE in Abu Dhabi.

Johnston explained, "There's a few sore and sorry guys floating around at the minute. I've got to go and see a specialist tomorrow. It's around my elbow but I don't know exactly what it is. The last 3 balls I bowled today were the most painful I've bowled in 20 years. It's really that bad - it's pretty sore and swollen, so I'll just have to see what the specialist says - our physio reckons it looks like a tendon problem. Maybe I'll end on 99 wickets for Ireland!"

That was a reference to the fact that his dismissal of Naeemuddin in the game took him to one short of the magical 100 figure for Ireland, but that injury curtailed his bowling to just the 3 overs.

"Andre Botha has been operating with a leg problem for the last few years, and Lanky is hobbling around on his ankle. He was called up late to the squad, and has been working really hard to get into shape, and maybe that's starting to take its toll."

"That's why it was so pleasing to get 7 wickets on such a flat track. I'd have liked to finish them off today, but we're still on course to take 20 points which was our objective. It won't really matter if it takes an extra 30 minutes or 3 hours tomorrow."

mshakir56
March 9, 2008, 05:45 AM
I want to see a full strength irish side in our backyard ! This should test our dominance and mettle !

Thunder
March 9, 2008, 08:23 AM
the way we're playing now, it'll tough to beat them i guess. As we saw the Irish played in the world cup, even if they does something like 80% of that, surely we're doomed! :timeout:

zainab
March 9, 2008, 09:39 AM
I hope that Bangladesh can beat them in all 3 games, then after this series with SA< THEY CAN HAVE A BIT OF PRIDE>

Eshen
March 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
Ireland won the four day match against UAE by 9 wickets.

http://www.cricketeurope4.net/LIVE/1/live.shtml

ausbangfan
March 10, 2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES2/articles/000029/002947.shtml

Johnston injured elbow

tanim3960
March 10, 2008, 08:00 PM
Brothers, the way we are playing in our recent ODI matches, i am not quite happy. we may endup loseing against Ireland and that will be a nightmare for our cricket. we need to play good against SA, not for win but a challanging score is expected by BD players.

sadi
March 10, 2008, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland wins a game or two here in Bangladesh. They have a decent batting lineup and if they can get used to the condition, they can be quite dangerous.

Murad
March 10, 2008, 09:01 PM
3 of Ireland's players are injured. Including captain Johnston.

They are now a very weak team. I would have worried if they had their main bowlers and batsmen in the team.

Rankin, Jonhston and few others are not in the team. All are injured.

sandpiper
March 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
Who else is injured ? :umm:
Only Rankin is ruled out of the tour, but Johnston is still a possibility. The team they played in UAE is quite balanced.

Murad
March 10, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well I read the news somewhere yesterday that 3 of their main players injured including Captain Johnston.

sandpiper
March 10, 2008, 09:16 PM
Anyway, If we can play to our potential, winning against Ireland shouldnt be a problem in our home soil. I hope Aftab will be available soon. What is important is not to get carried away and be focussed. Inshallah we will have a sweet revenge this time. :flag::flag:

al Furqaan
March 10, 2008, 09:22 PM
have the irish arrived yet?

sandpiper
March 10, 2008, 09:27 PM
Not yet. They are in UAE, just played their match against the host in ICC intercontinental cup.

tanim3960
March 10, 2008, 09:29 PM
have the irish arrived yet?

Not yet. they are comming on 15th of this month.
16th rest
17th practice
18th 1st ODI
20th 2nd ODI
22 nd 3rd ODI

zainab
March 11, 2008, 06:15 AM
BD does not have much time after the SA tour to practise. Anyhow, it is good that the games are played in Dhaka, means that the team does not have to travel.

I feel that Aftab will be fit to play, and BD should play their full strength team for the first ODI, IMO, they have to win the first ODI.

mshakir56
March 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
Anyway, If we can play to our potential, winning against Ireland shouldnt be a problem in our home soil. I hope Aftab will be available soon. What is important is not to get carried away and be focussed. Inshallah we will have a sweet revenge this time. :flag::flag:

How many times have we performed according to our potential ? Not many indeed !

zainab
March 11, 2008, 01:35 PM
3 of Ireland's players are injured. Including captain Johnston.

They are now a very weak team. I would have worried if they had their main bowlers and batsmen in the team.

Still, dont underestimate them. they are not mentally weak like BD. they are the hardy Irish, not Momma's boys like BD.