PDA

View Full Version : News and coverages of South Africa in Bangladesh 2007-08

Miraz
January 15, 2008, 07:05 PM
Starting with a not so pleasant story. This time from South African media.

Bangladesh a waste of time
Alex Parker: Off the Seam

Proteas might be dangerously undercooked by the time they face Michael Vaughan’s team<!--par0--><!--par1--><!--par0-->
<!--blurb1-->It might have felt a bit like a bootcamp with three Test matches in three weeks, but the players might well have emerged stronger.<!--blurb0-->
<!--par1--><!--par0-->
<!--par1--><!--par0--><!--par1--><!--par0--><!--par1-->To come back so emphatically and win the series after losing the first Test was all the players could do. <!--par0-->
<!--par1-->Screeds have been written about the extent to which the islanders were depleted by injury in Durban, but you can only beat the opposition you’re given.<!--par0-->
<!--par1-->
The insane treadmill continues. Now it’s a Twenty20 extravaganza and five one-day internationals followed by a two-week break before a tour of Bangladesh.<!--par0-->
<!--par1-->This might undo the good work of the past month. At the moment South Africa are almost injury-free and all the batsmen, barring Herschelle Gibbs, got among the runs, which eases the pressure on Graeme Smith, AB de Villiers and Ashwell Prince.<!--par0-->
<!--par1--><!--par0-->
<!--par1--> Bangladesh is the Proteas’ final destination before they embark on a full tour of England. <!--par0-->
<!--par1-->Bangladesh, a team that would struggle in the county championship, will ensure that their home pitches will be slow and low — at least in the longer format.<!--par0-->
<!--par1-->In one-day cricket Bangladesh can almost hold their own, but in the five-day game they’ve just been handed their dignity on a plate by New Zealand.<!--par0-->
<!--par1-->And we all know what South Africa did to New Zealand in November.

Read full (http://www.thetimes.co.za/Sport/Article.aspx?id=681987)

Eshen
January 15, 2008, 07:35 PM
Steyn targets SA's fastest Test century (http://www.capetimes.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=4206090)

JOHANNESBURG: Dale Steyn, the assassin of the Proteas' bowling attack, will go into his next series with every likelihood of getting to 100 Test wickets quicker - in terms of matches played - than any South African has ever done.

He has claimed 54 wickets in only six matches during the current South African first-class season. Of those, 40 have come in just five matches at the highest level, against New Zealand and the West Indies.

No South African has every taken 40 wickets in a five-Test series, the best being off spinner Hugh Tayfield with his 37 against England in 1956-57.

Steyn's 20 wickets in the three Tests against the Windies to earn his second Man of the Series award of the summer took his Test tally to 91 in only 18 matches. He also has the second-best all-time strike rate (balls bowled per wicket taken) of 37.5, behind only England's George Lohmann, who had played in a different era and totally different conditions.

Lohmann sped to 110 wickets in the same number of Tests as Steyn.

Tayfield and Allan Donald both needed 22 matches to reach 100 Test wickets. Donald did it in the space of three years and 226 days, while Tayfield took five years and 232 days at a time when Tests were few and far between.

Steyn will have been playing at the highest level for only three years and 78 days on February 22, when South Africa start their two-Test series against Bangladesh, last in the latest ICC Test rankings, at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

Rifat
January 15, 2008, 07:57 PM
Bangladesh, a team that would struggle in the county championship

that is quite true... I AM SORRY, I TRULY AM FOR BANGLADESH...

even when we play good, a county team is composed of world class players every team has at least 2-5 international players and excellent performers

BanCricFan
January 15, 2008, 08:05 PM
Make the both pitches VERY low and slow where ball bounces no more than the ankle height. Lets see how many wickets Steyn and co get.

And play four spinners: Rafiq, Enam, Rubel and Shakib. Ash and Kapali will provide the leg spinners. Lets see how many runs Smith and co get.

BanCricFan
January 15, 2008, 08:07 PM
Bangladesh, a team that would struggle in the county championship

that is quite true... I AM SORRY, I TRULY AM FOR BANGLADESH...

even when we play good, a county team is composed of world class players every team has at least 2-5 international players and excellent performers

Pay no attention to that. We are Tigers in our own turf. Remember what we almost did to the Aussies?

Eshen
January 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
Make the both pitches VERY low and slow where ball bounces no more than the ankle height.

And play four spinners: Rafiq, Enam, Rubel and Shakib. Ash and Kapali will provide the leg spinners.
And let another nightwatchman score a double century ?

BanCricFan
January 15, 2008, 08:22 PM

And why do you have to be a party pooper- eh?

BTW, Saffers dont have a Pigeon amongst their ranks and they are petrified by the very mention of spin.

tonoy
January 15, 2008, 08:28 PM
And why do you have to be a party pooper- eh?

BTW, Saffers dont have a Pigeon amongst their ranks and they are petrified by the very mention of spin.

You obviously havent seen the recent SA vs Pakistan series recently

BanCricFan
January 15, 2008, 08:51 PM

No but what happened there? Danish got slaughtered?

Zunaid
January 15, 2008, 08:52 PM

signed, sealed and delivered.

BanCricFan
January 15, 2008, 08:58 PM

And why do you have 'recent' twice in your sentence, albeit once adverbly?

You must visit "Is this correct Engelish" thread in FC!

tonoy
January 15, 2008, 09:01 PM
So war it is. :(

Russell2k7
January 15, 2008, 09:03 PM
The article isn't that bad. I mean most of the stuff is indeed acurate. They are dissing us from the test not the ODI. For example, "In one-day cricket Bangladesh can almost hold their own, but in the five-day game they’ve just been handed their dignity on a plate by New Zealand." Finally, by no means this is as demoralizing as the NZ media.

:lol::lol::lol:

Rabz
January 16, 2008, 12:49 AM
Cant blame the journo, after all our performance in NZ was nothing to write about.

kalpurush
January 16, 2008, 03:01 AM
Cant blame the journo, after all our performance in NZ was nothing to write about.
[বাংলা]ঠিক...বাংলাদেশের কাছে হারলে মাথা সবারই খারাপ হয়ে যায়...;)[/বাংলা]

Spitfire_x86
January 16, 2008, 03:14 AM
Pay no attention to that. We are Tigers in our own turf. Remember what we almost did to the Aussies?
Remember what they did to us in the next test? And from the 2nd day of 1st test, the match was mostly their's. If they didn't play the first test only a day after arriving BD, they would crush us in that match tool.

I think Harris will destroy us with both bat and ball.

RazabQ
January 16, 2008, 03:32 AM
You really are approaching ridiculously pessimistic proportions spit. 2nd day match was mostly theirs? If I may remind you it was the 2nd day wicket of Clarke bowled Enam that was blared in the Aussie media with "embarrassed" or words there about ...

No gripes on the 2nd test a$$-whupping tho :)

Spitfire_x86
January 16, 2008, 03:42 AM
You really are approaching ridiculously pessimistic proportions spit. 2nd day match was mostly theirs? If I may remind you it was the 2nd day wicket of Clarke bowled Enam that was blared in the Aussie media with "embarrassed" or words there about ...

No gripes on the 2nd test a$$-whupping tho :)
We got few runs for the remaining wickets in the 1st innings. Aussie first innings was another of those typical Aussie 1st innings, where the lower order more than makes up for the top/middle order's failure. The word "embarrassing" was the combined effect of the 1st day performance + failure of Aussie top order/middle order in the 2nd day. In the 2nd innings we delivered our usual batting performance, and at the end it was mostly the 1st day's performance which enabled us to be competitive in the 4th innings.

We saw demonstration of what could've happened against a properly prepared side in the 2nd test and in the ODI series that followed.

BANFAN
January 16, 2008, 04:54 AM
Make the both pitches VERY low and slow where ball bounces no more than the ankle height. Lets see how many wickets Steyn and co get.

And play four spinners: Rafiq, Enam, Rubel and Shakib. Ash and Kapali will provide the leg spinners. Lets see how many runs Smith and co get.

Are our players any better in these conditions? Infact do we know, what kind of condition is good for our players??

Shaan
January 16, 2008, 05:04 AM
we have one month in hand, so at least JS have some time to observe and provide his coaching to our players which we missed before NZ tour. Though one month is not enough but still sometime for new coach to come up with something after video review of opponent and our tigers, additionally new ones from NCL.
There are no logical explanations but we defeated SA in WC which is very big boost for tigers, for some reason we don't get away with them by very big margin. So, I believe at our home ground and last experience from WC will give us a lot more positive approaches to this series, and we will see some positive fights from tigers. I can see that some one or two of our batsman will score century in the test series. In ODI we will have chance even one to win, and one or two tigers will score half century. But can't say whom are those tigers:) waiting for the home series very eagerly....

Ajfar
January 16, 2008, 11:23 AM
beshi ashaa koiren naa..kom ashaa korai valo...

al Furqaan
January 16, 2008, 11:40 AM
In one-day cricket Bangladesh can almost hold their own,

we actually got smacked worse in the ODIs than in the tests, but Saffer journos are still smarting from that defeat in april. just goes to show you, no matter how crappy you really are, one win will shut up critics and for a good long while.

Eshen
January 20, 2008, 08:54 PM
Bucknor is refusing to retire and is coming to Bangladesh next month.

Bucknor dismisses calls to retire (http://www.cbc.bb/content/view/13891/83/)

Embattled international umpire Steve Bucknor of Jamaica plans to continue, despite calls for him to quit.

Bucknor has been embroiled in controversy, following a series of mistakes in the second Test between Australia and India at Sydney.

“I am scheduled to go to Bangladesh, where they will play South Africa, in another four weeks,” Bucknor said.

al Furqaan
January 20, 2008, 09:46 PM
has bucknor made shitty calls against us in the past???

hopefully he'll be on top of his game next month.

Pundit
January 20, 2008, 10:13 PM
beshi ashaa koiren naa..kom ashaa korai valo...

Khuku moni here got it right.

Don't think too much about the future. As a fan, just concentrate on day in and day out. Bangladeshi men already have heart attacks beginning in the late 40s - you guys are working hard to bring it down to the low 40s.

cricket_king
January 20, 2008, 10:14 PM
Who cares what umpires are going to be in the match. You can't always blame them for losses. When a team is as crap as Bangladesh has been at times, not even the umpires calling against the opposition can save us. Welcome Bucknor.

Kabir
January 21, 2008, 12:12 AM

Comment/question/concern of the year. :up:

ahaque
January 21, 2008, 12:14 AM
two words...dale steyn

BD-Shardul
January 21, 2008, 02:11 AM
two words...dale steyn :-p

Aftab Ash will make Dale "ডাল" ভাত
Inshallah

:lol: :-D :D

CHABAN
January 21, 2008, 07:14 AM
One needs to ignore the comments of the SAFFER media. Let them hype their team to think that the series will be a walk over. Better for bangladesh.

There is no doubt that one needs to play to one's advantages and that is clearly spin. Having said that the SAFfers played spin very well in pakistan and Paul harris is the quiet but one of the most successful spinner in recent times having done well against India/Pak/Kiwis and Windies. He will be a danger too.

I am sure there will be one win somewhere. Without pollock and all the politics internally the SAFfers have the ability of spectacularly runining themselves. need to wait and grab those moments

zainab
January 21, 2008, 10:19 AM
Coach Siuddons is not even in BD now, also Williams. Now I am pretty sure that the cricketers are having a bit of a break before they start training camp which BCB says will start on Feb.1st. 2 weeks is not enough time period. It should have been at least 3 weeks.
I hope Ash spends his time viewing videos of the Saffers playing WI recently, because this is the attack they will bring to BD.
IMO, West indies did not allow the main two batsmen< Kallis and Amla to make huge scores, but surprised to see that Prince and De Villiers make centuries. BD has to prevent this at all costs.

abu2abu
January 21, 2008, 11:41 AM
The article isn't that bad. I mean most of the stuff is indeed acurate. They are dissing us from the test not the ODI. For example, "In one-day cricket Bangladesh can almost hold their own, but in the five-day game they’ve just been handed their dignity on a plate by New Zealand." Finally, by no means this is as demoralizing as the NZ media.

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree, this is pretty positive stuff from the SA media. Saying that we can "almost hold our own" on ODIs is quite a compliment. especially since we haven't won a single ODI since that Super 8 match against South africa...

MarufH
January 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
perhaps someone needs to remind them about WC.

MarufH
January 21, 2008, 11:55 AM
two words...dale steyn

we'll play play good against him.

Ajfar
January 21, 2008, 03:11 PM
Khuku moni here got it right.

Don't think too much about the future. As a fan, just concentrate on day in and day out. Bangladeshi men already have heart attacks beginning in the late 40s - you guys are working hard to bring it down to the low 40s.

aie khuku moni taa amar neice...

Eshen
January 21, 2008, 03:30 PM
I am pretty sure that the cricketers are having a bit of a break before they start training camp ...
Not everybody is sitting home, Aftab has played in a local twenty20 league match and scored a duck (ducks taste good in winter, you know :-p ).

zainab
January 21, 2008, 04:12 PM
South Africa has also beaten the Windians in the first ODI, now four more to go. They are getting much needed practice before they come to BD.

I read in the local newspaper that the poor cricketers are very much taunted by frustrated fans after their poor showing in NZ. I guess these guys must be keeping a low profile at the moment, because there are lots of angry fans in BD, seems that they are behaving like India's fans.

Ajfar
January 21, 2008, 08:34 PM
South Africa has also beaten the Windians in the first ODI, now four more to go. They are getting much needed practice before they come to BD.

I read in the local newspaper that the poor cricketers are very much taunted by frustrated fans after their poor showing in NZ. I guess these guys must be keeping a low profile at the moment, because there are lots of angry fans in BD, seems that they are behaving like India's fans.

dui charta jutar bariaa kheye..jodi amader player gular matha thik hoi..i'm all up for itt

Pundit
January 21, 2008, 11:23 PM
aie khuku moni taa amar neice...

Is that so? Wow...you got me there!

mshakir56
January 22, 2008, 02:27 AM
I think our cricketers will become more responsible for their on-field actions and judgements, if we all start acting like the indian fans. Who else dittos my view ?

BD-Shardul
January 22, 2008, 03:47 AM
News coverage threade to dekhi playerder practice er kono khobor nai. shoshur bari ghura ki ekhono shesh hoy nai

:mad::mad::mad:

cricket_king
January 22, 2008, 04:27 AM
News coverage threade to dekhi playerder practice er kono khobor nai. shoshur bari ghura ki ekhono shesh hoy nai

:mad::mad::mad:

They need a bit of a break. They'll probably get started 2 weeks or so before the tour.

akabir77
January 22, 2008, 10:49 AM
why do they need break? what the hell did they do? they didn't even play all 5 days.

Ai rokom kharap result korley amer tin mash tv dekha, golpo kora, adda mara bondho hoye jeto r 24/7 pora lekha kortey hoito. what r they F...ing golden boys r doing now? eating rice while seating on mothers laps?

zainab
January 22, 2008, 02:14 PM
Quote/

why do they need break? what the hell did they do? they didn't even play all 5 days

True! They should start some sort of practice, cant blame them, Coach Siddons is having an extended holiday.

Two weeks training for 21 players is not enough, period. They are going to play a team which is far better than NZ. They managed to bowl out NZ twice for under 400 runs, and did not allow any batsman to score a century.
BD has to perform much better here, if they want to have a decent tournament.

nasimul
January 22, 2008, 04:10 PM
5 diner khela 2 dine sesh korei eto kahil

Pundit
January 22, 2008, 11:28 PM
why do they need break? what the hell did they do? they didn't even play all 5 days.

Ai rokom kharap result korley amer tin mash tv dekha, golpo kora, adda mara bondho hoye jeto r 24/7 pora lekha kortey hoito. what r they F...ing golden boys r doing now? eating rice while seating on mothers laps?

And come to think that we could not find a coach for months when we have/had great candidates right here at BC.

cricket_king
January 23, 2008, 12:52 AM

Take a chill pill buddy. They're crap...what else are they to do? Plus the coach has taken an extended holiday.

zainab
January 23, 2008, 07:28 AM
Just read in Crucifino that SA is travelling to India after playing BD and that they will use the matches in BD as much needed practice.

I was in Guyana to see the match between SA and BD, when you are spectator, one do not see each detail. Anyhow I sent an email to my local cricket channel to rebroadcast and they did so last night. I sat down and enjoyed the first half where BD batted, watch every aspect of Ash's batting, awesome! I told my sister, she is also a fan of Ash, after he was caught, she called me to tell me what a lovely batsman he is, she cannot believe that he plays those scoop shots so beautifully. I told her that shot is now called THE ASHRAFUL SHOT by commentators. I told her that he has talent. but is very inconsistent. I also saw the interview he had with Sanjay Mandrekar, and he spoke English well.
Now if BD can play like this again, they will surely beat SA at least in one ODI.

akabir77
January 23, 2008, 10:46 AM
Take a chill pill buddy. They're crap...what else are they to do? Plus the coach has taken an extended holiday.

WHy do they need a coach all the time? They could just work on staying on the pitch for 3/4 hours a day or do catching practice. mirpure got all the facilities for them? noo you know what they r doing? after coming back from such a HOLIDAY our captain went to saint martin with his friends? yes thats what prothom-alo reported yesterday. they r not resting. they r having fun staying up late and there is no discipline and thats why they try to do KHOCHA after few balls (in his word 15/16 balls).

They r care free....

I am sure only Rajen Saleh, SN and TI r working on their problems rest is having fun. But we don't take RS as he is talent less...

zainab
January 23, 2008, 11:19 AM
Where is Saint Martin? I know that there is one in the West Indies, but I am sure that Ashraful will not go all the way to the West Indies.

Sohel
January 23, 2008, 12:29 PM
Where is Saint Martin? I know that there is one in the West Indies, but I am sure that Ashraful will not go all the way to the West Indies.

St. Martin's Island AKA Narikel Jinjira

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4f/Boats_at_Saint_Martin%27s_Island.jpg

St. Martin's Island is a small island in the northeast part of the Bay of Bengal, about 9 km south of the tip of the Cox's Bazar-Teknaf peninsula, and forming the southernmost part of Bangladesh. It is the only coral island in Bangladesh. It is about 8 km west of the northwest coast of Myanmar at the mouth of the Naf River. The local name of the island is "Narical Gingira", also spelled "Narikel Janjina/Jinjera", translated from Bangla, meaning 'Coconut Island'.

Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Martin%27s_Island)

Great place for stinky, salted and dried fish known as Shuntki in Bangla.

Dhakablues
January 23, 2008, 02:00 PM
WHy do they need a coach all the time? They could just work on staying on the pitch for 3/4 hours a day or do catching practice. mirpure got all the facilities for them? noo you know what they r doing? after coming back from such a HOLIDAY our captain went to saint martin with his friends? yes thats what prothom-alo reported yesterday. they r not resting. they r having fun staying up late and there is no discipline and thats why they try to do KHOCHA after few balls (in his word 15/16 balls).

They r care free....

I am sure only Rajen Saleh, SN and TI r working on their problems rest is having fun. But we don't take RS as he is talent less...

Yeah,,I wonder if he is so talentless,, how come he scores more runs or have better averages than many of his peers? I would rather take a talent-less player who works hard every day and works on his techniques each series than talented golden ducks who are laying golden eggs for the other national teams than their own.. Who knowns when KumbhoKorno will wake up!!

cricket_king
January 23, 2008, 11:53 PM

They r care free....

Really? Prothom Alo said that? May I please have the link to this story?

abu2abu
January 24, 2008, 05:38 AM
Perhaps as preparation some of the seniors should play with the academy side in HK?

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=20343

akabir77
January 24, 2008, 11:04 AM
Really? Prothom Alo said that? May I please have the link to this story?

Read the 1st story...

link (http://www.prothom-alo.com/archive/news_details_mcat.php?dt=2008-01-23&issue_id=813&cat_id=8&nid=Nzk1Njg=&mid=OA==)

Ajfar
January 26, 2008, 02:54 PM
aree amader player ra to banijjo koira aschee..tai aktu rest dorkarr..

zainab
January 26, 2008, 04:28 PM
perhaps someone needs to remind them about WC.

Perhaps fans here should not dwell too much on that victory. I am pretty sure that SA remembers. Look at the way they have defeated the WI in all the Tests and ODIs since the first Test match defeat. It shows that they are a team to be reckoned with. They beat Pakistan, clobbered NZ and now defeating the windians convincingly.

i hope BD have made a note of this, SA is coming to BD in that frame of mind, they said that it is much needed practice for their tour of India which is after BD.

I think that their frame of mind is that they will not have to work hard in BD, but India and England will give them a hard time.

BD-Shardul
January 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
Oue beloved Hablu mama is now blaming his luck.

http://prothom-alo.com/fcat.news.details.php?issuedate=2008-01-27&nid=MTkxNzU=&fid=Ng==

Eshen
January 27, 2008, 09:12 AM
Oue beloved Hablu mama is now blaming his luck.

http://prothom-alo.com/fcat.news.details.php?issuedate=2008-01-27&nid=MTkxNzU=&fid=Ng==
What did you expect ? Bashar admitting he is finished and stepping aside for a youngster ?

Bashar will keep milking money out of BCB as long he can (and use all kind of excuses not to retire).

Sohel
January 27, 2008, 11:00 AM
What did you expect ? Bashar admitting he is finished and stepping aside for a youngster ?

Bashar will keep milking money out of BCB as long he can (and use all kind of excuses not to retire).

At least he's consistent with his delusions. Just 16 consecutive innings? What happened to umpteen other ODI innings or the ones in the NCL for that matter? Getting the first 20-25 runs "easily"? Try "luckily" buddy! Edges all over the place and footwork out the window, and the less said about his eye the better.

Nothing surprising in the ARTICLE (http://prothom-alo.com/fcat.news.details.php?issuedate=2008-01-27&nid=MTkxNzU=&fid=Ng==), but somehow his here words have finally pushed me over the edge. I just CANNOT like him anymore. Beating one's own drum is one thing, but behayapaunar eyakta shima thaka daurkar.

nasimul
January 27, 2008, 01:42 PM
Poor responce for the series from the sponsors reports Ittefaq (http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/01/28/news0958.htm)

ononto
January 27, 2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/01/28/news0205.htm

One World
January 27, 2008, 08:00 PM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/64a9ea4bef.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Aint surprised at all.

Ajfar
January 27, 2008, 08:25 PM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/64a9ea4bef.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Aint surprised at all.

offcoursee..who is stupid enough to sponson bunch of dumboss..

Rifat
January 27, 2008, 11:29 PM
no money, no cricket :(

Ishtylish cricketer
January 28, 2008, 05:57 AM
I am expecting a close ODI. The rest blow out victories by SA. BTW anyone watching superbowl nextweekend?

Miraz
January 28, 2008, 07:05 AM
IMO, poor performance of our boys is only part of the reason, the main reason is the inefficiency of current administrators. We performed lot worse before but never faced similar crisis.

Rabz
January 28, 2008, 10:02 AM
Reading the amardesh report on some other thread..

i only smell foul play.

That Ispahani guy is upto something sinister here.
(Or may be i love a conspiracy theory, too much x-files while grew up)...

Ajfar
January 28, 2008, 06:21 PM
I am expecting a close ODI. The rest blow out victories by SA. BTW anyone watching superbowl nextweekend?

hell yaa.pats biringing it home all the wayy...19-0 babyy..

sharjilh
February 1, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hey guys.....

I saw in the schedule that neo sports will show the bangladesh vs south africa coverage....
will any other channel in bangladesh or any other sports channel show the coverage???

Miraz
February 9, 2008, 12:15 PM
No squad yet!!

Bangladesh squad row must be settled quickly
Cricket South Africa confirm quota policy
Cricinfo staff
February 8, 2008
<table class="pullquote" style="margin-top: 5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="320"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" height="5">
</td> </tr> <tr><td height="1" width="10">
</td> <td class="photo"> http://content-www.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/303762.jpg?alt=2
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"> <tbody><tr> <td class="photo"> Norman Arendse's charges against Mickey Arthur will be looked into by Gerald Majola <nobr>© Getty Images</nobr>
</td></tr></tbody></table> </td></tr><tr> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Cricket South Africa's general council reaffirmed it's backing of the transformation policy, which has been the point of contention in the public spat between the board president Norman Arendse and the national team coach Mickey Arthur.
A resolution at the meeting held on Saturday emphasised that the team to tour Bangladesh must be chosen by the selectors on the basis of the transformation policy and presented to the president as soon as possible. The squad, which was to be announced last week, was apparently delayed (http://content-www.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/335334.html) since the touring team chosen had only four coloured players, and not the longstanding policy of seven in a squad comprising of 15 or more players.
Meanwhile, Gerald Majola, the CSA chief executive, has been asked to immediately look into the complaint against Arthur filed by Arendse before the South African team leaves for Bangladesh. The row erupted over the team selection, and Arendse laid formal charges against Arthur, telling the Cape Argus that he was being "disrespectful" and "abusive" while adding he was "cocking a snook at his employers' policy of transformation."

Read full (http://content-www.cricinfo.com/baggygreen/content/story/335701.html)

BANFAN
February 9, 2008, 05:50 PM
Both Arendse and Arthur levelled charges of 'disrespectful and abusive behaviour' against each other after the former twice rejected Arthur's selection for the upcoming tour of Bangladesh as he felt there were not enough black players in the 14-man squad.

.................................................. ..................................

South Africa's touring squad is due to be announced on Wednesday.

Full Story (http://sportal.com.au/cricket-news-display/arthur-stripped-of-selection-powers-42934)

ononto
February 9, 2008, 06:19 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=ODI3NTg=&mid=OA==

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=hnrm width="100%">িਠઙেকট সাউথ অািਰকার (িসএসএ) োচয়ারমઘান নরমઘান অઘােরਫেসর সেਔ োকাচ িমিক অাথગােরর োয ‘যઓਤ’ ੂরઔ হেয়েছ, তার অঁাচ লাগেত পাের দিਉণ অািਰকার বাংলােদশ সফেরও৷ অািਰকান ভাষার ৌদিনক িবੀ োতা এমনও িলেখেছ, এই ৌਦরথ অাগামী ২২ োফবચઔয়াির োথেক ੂরઔ বাংলােদশ-দিਉণ অািਰকা িসিরেজর জনઘ একটা ਗ਼মিক৷ দઓই োটઍট অার িতন ওয়ানেডর িসিরজ োখলেত অাগামী ১৪ োফবચઔয়াির বাংলােদেশ অাসার কথা দিਉণ অািਰকা িਠઙেকট দেলর৷ ওেয়বসাইট৷
অাথગােরর সেਔ অােরਫেসর োলেগেছ দেল োশੴতাਔ অার অেশੴতাਔ িਠઙেকটােরর োকাটা িনেয়৷ অাথગােরর দেল অেশੴতাਔ িਠઙেকটার অােছন চারজন, িসএসএ োচয়ারমઘান বলেছন, সংখઘাটা কমপেਉ সাতজন হওয়া উিচত িছল৷ এ িনেয় িবেরােধ দઓজন দઓজেনর িবরઔেਤ দઓবગઘবহােররও অিভেযাগ এেনেছন৷ অােরਫেস োতা এমনও বেলেছন, অাথગােরর িবরઔেਤ িতিন িসএসএর কােছ িলিখত অিভেযাগ করেবন৷ িকੰ੫ দেলর কেয়কজন িਠઙেকটার এই ইসઓઘেত পਉ িনেয়েছন োকােচর৷ নাম পઝকােশ অিন੧ছઓক িতন িਠઙেকটার নািক জািনেয়ও িদেয়েছন, অাথગােরর িবরઔেਤ োকােনা শািએ੪মূলক বઘবએઐা োনওয়া হেল সফর বািতল কের োদেবন তঁারা৷
এিদেক কাল িসএসএ জািনেয়েছ, তােদর টચা੯সফরেমশন নীিত োমেনই বাংলােদশ সফেরর দল গঠন করেত হেব িনবગাচকেদর এবং োসই দল যত দચઔত স਼ব জমা িদেত হেব োবাডગ সভাপিতর কােছ৷ দলিট গত সਮােহ োঘাষণার কথা থাকেলও োশੴতাਔ-অেশੴতাਔ িਠઙেকটারেদর সংখઘা িনেয় োকাচ-োবাডગ সভাপিতর ਦে੯ਦ োদির হে੧ছ তা৷</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cricman
February 9, 2008, 07:05 PM
I think our cricketers will become more responsible for their on-field actions and judgements, if we all start acting like the indian fans. Who else dittos my view ?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/cricketNews/idUKDHA15614620070404

Miraz
February 13, 2008, 09:21 AM
Don't underestimate Bangladesh, SA Told

Now that the dust has settled, the South Africans can concentrate on the immediate business of overcoming Bangladesh in the two-match Test series, starting next week in the sub-continent.

And Mickey Arthur, who had been at the centre of the selection storm over the past week, is all charged up for what will be an interesting trip.

"I'm so glad it's all over now," referring to the selection controversy which was played out in the last week.

"Now I'm looking forward to the trip. I believe we have the right squad to carry us through some tough times we have ahead of us - the Indian Test series followed by the tour to England and finally the trip to Australia later in the year.
Read full (http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=17&art_id=vn20080213101401384C843415)

Tigers_eye
February 13, 2008, 09:45 AM
i am just wondering why is Justim kemp not in SA ODI squad? will he join them later on the tour?

Eshen
February 13, 2008, 03:04 PM
Peterson replaces Harris in Test squad (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvrsa/content/story/336550.html)

After seeing how much Pakistanis struggled against Harris, I am glad that he is not coming to Bangladesh.

RazabQ
February 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah Peterson was my worry too

zainab
February 13, 2008, 06:22 PM
Dale Steyn is the bowler to watch, also in Tests, it is Amla and Kallis who rip apart the bowling. these 2 were good against Pakistan and NZ, but not that great against the Windians.

mshakir56
February 14, 2008, 02:24 AM
Steyn is my main worry though ! This guy could bag 10 tickets himself considering our fragile batting line. But I do have a feeling that he might get thrashed by Ashraful, The Bengali little Inconsitent Master !

mshakir56
February 14, 2008, 02:26 AM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/cricketNews/idUKDHA15614620070404

Oh ! so its already happening ! and that to of our most beloved captain Mr. Haba !:-D

Miraz
February 14, 2008, 05:36 AM
Selection dispute may hamper tour, says SAfrica's Smith

DHAKA, Feb 14 (Reuters) - A dispute over the number of black players in their squad could hamper South Africa's performance in the tour of Bangladesh, captain Graeme Smith said on Thursday.
"It hasn't been great what's happened back at home," Smith told reporters on his arrival at Dhaka airport.
"It probably does put a lot of extra pressure on the individuals here and all the team."
South Africa will play two tests and three one-day internationals in their month-long tour. The first test starts in Dhaka on Feb. 22.
The squad was due to be announced last week but disputes between the selectors and the president of Cricket South Africa, Norman Arendse, delayed the process.
"At the end of the day we have to knuckle down and concentrate on cricket," Smith said.
"We have got some wonderful players and we have come here with respect and hopefully we can play a brand of cricket the Bangladesh people will look at and enjoy." (Reporting by Azad Majumder, writing by Nizam Ahmed; Editing by Peter Rutherford)

From Reuters