PDA

View Full Version : a language question...

al Furqaan
January 19, 2008, 12:59 AM
Now, just before the over, Kumble, Sehwag and Sharma stood together and the captain asked if he wanted another over, as Sehwag said to give the rookie another crack because Ponting was facing. Sharma's response was, "haan, main karoonga (Yes, I will bowl one.)" Sharma troubled Ponting all morning and deserved that wicket during an excellent spell. In comes Michael Clarke.

this was from today's CI commentary. i don't understand why there is a need by indo-pak journalists to transliterate hindi-urdu comments on CI. its not like an amazing quote its the equivalent of a rafique telling ash "hae, ami korbo"

One World
January 19, 2008, 01:02 AM
This should be in International Section IMO. :)

Nocturnal
January 19, 2008, 01:12 AM
I saw the conversation on TV as they were showing it quite a few times in star cricket and I think the proper translate would be "I will bowl him" .
Sehwag, the Delli captain of Ranji trophy and young Sharma played under him, that's why Shewag request kumble to give sharma one more over (that was his straight 8th over), Sharma proved his Ranji captain right in very next ball!
(I heard this in the commentary by Wasim Akram and Ravi Sastri) :)

cricket_king
January 19, 2008, 02:25 AM
What exactly is this thread about...does it have anything to do with cricket? /:)

BD-Shardul
January 19, 2008, 04:27 AM
We need reality check.

We say that CI is crap. Dominant by Indo Pak......even I have accused S Rajesh as a loser...so so.....the list continues.

And then, when our articles got published in CI, we open new threads and start lafalafi.

Swobirodhi----AGAIN?

Rabz
January 19, 2008, 04:27 AM
...Sometimes in the heat of the moment, other things gets the better of you....

it happens....