PDA

View Full Version : Miller: Making a game of it

Nasif
October 23, 2003, 05:31 PM
What a amazing piece of writing! This guy is a true journalist with a heart.

It seemed I was. All around me, the Bangladeshis took on a lugubriousness I had only before witnessed in Scottish football fans. "We cannae win," they all agreed, and my heart bled. What will this lot be like when they finally break their duck? I don't know, but I want to be around when it happens.

Link: Making a game of it (http://www-usa.cricket.org/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2003/OCT/376841_BDESHENG2003-04_23OCT2003.html)

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by nasif]

Ehsan
October 23, 2003, 06:26 PM
A very good piece, well written.

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by ehsan]

Sham
October 23, 2003, 06:44 PM
I don't know why people were having a go at him on this board before. He writes the most interesting reports. Most people write about the cricket, Miller tells us what the mood in the England press box is, how cool is that?

cricket_er
October 24, 2003, 02:08 PM
This guy Miller is truly Bangladesh Supporter. Most of his writing has only praises for Bangladesh

oracle
October 24, 2003, 04:28 PM
I don't know why people were having a go at him on this board before

Me. It's own up time for me. I have been a bad boy. At the time I saw Miller's first article, the Dhaka one, I was in the midst of reading some very anti-colonial stuff on "travellers" by Said. So I got worked up.
Anyway, since then i have warmed up to Miller. He is coming up with some sympathetic stuff and his match reports are superb. :lol::lol: