PDA

View Full Version : U19 BAN matches will be televised

germany
January 20, 2008, 06:14 AM
according to the ICC website all BD matches of U19 WC in Malaysia will be TELEVISED

anyone knows which channel has the rights?

source: http://in.yimg.com/icccricket/pdfs/schedule-u19.pdf

bdchamp20
January 20, 2008, 06:52 AM
BTV should at least try and get this one..

BanCricFan
January 20, 2008, 07:54 AM
sky sports in uk might cover it.

Moshin
January 20, 2008, 08:48 AM
sky sports in uk might cover it.
what are you sure about that i might have to check on that, i mean they could not broadcast the tests of bd v nz, u19 match, i doubt it mate.

damalChele
January 20, 2008, 09:13 AM
It's a major event. Sky sports should broadcast it. They did the last U19 WC.

germany
January 20, 2008, 10:02 AM
who will broadcast it in asia (bd, india)?

or who will broadcast it in europe (not uk)?

Nafi
January 20, 2008, 10:04 AM
what are you sure about that i might have to check on that, i mean they could not broadcast the tests of bd v nz, u19 match, i doubt it mate.

they didnt broadcast them live, but they showed highlights quite a few time of the whole tour, including the 20/20 match

damalChele
January 20, 2008, 10:06 AM
Don't worry. It's WC. In due time you will find out who will cover this event. Rest assured, it will be broadcasted all over the world. Still 4 more weeks to go.

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 10:24 AM
i really doubt that sky sports uk will cover u-19 cricket wc

Nafi
January 20, 2008, 10:34 AM
i really doubt that sky sports uk will cover u-19 cricket wc

why? Sky sports is probably the best broadcaster of world cricket

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 10:38 AM
why? Sky sports is probably the best broadcaster of world cricket

YEAH BUT THERE NOT REALLY THE BEST BROADCASTER OF CRICKET ARE THEY? SKY SPORTS IS A BRITISH CHANNEL AND CRICKET AINT THAT POPULAR OVER HERE. LET ALONE UNDER-19 CRICKET/:)

Nafi
January 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
YEAH BUT THERE NOT REALLY THE BEST BROADCASTER OF CRICKET ARE THEY? SKY SPORTS IS A BRITISH CHANNEL AND CRICKET AINT THAT POPULAR OVER HERE. LET ALONE UNDER-19 CRICKET/:)

Cricket isnt popular here? Where do you live West London?

And you're saying theyre not the best broadcasters, name another channel, that broadcasted live the recent NZ-SA series, the IND-AUS series, SA-WI series, and highlights of BD-NZ series.

bdchamp20
January 20, 2008, 11:00 AM
Cricket is the second most popular sport in England,it may not be as huge as football..but in counties and villages cricket is actually more played than football

Rabz
January 20, 2008, 11:51 AM
I guess the responsibility lies onto BTV.
After all, only they have the whole BD coverage.

Eshen
January 20, 2008, 11:53 AM
according to the ICC website all BD matches of U19 WC in Malaysia will be TELEVISED

anyone knows which channel has the rights?

source: http://in.yimg.com/icccricket/pdfs/schedule-u19.pdf
Sorry to burst your bubble, but looks like only matches played at Kinrara Oval (the ground where India will be playing all their matches) will be televised and Bangladesh may not get a match on this ground before semi stage.

To answer your question - ESPN-Star has tv rights for all ICC events.

BTW, Tigers_eye may be right - if we become group-D runners up, we may get to play India in QF (that case we will get to see the match on television). However, I hope we will become group-D champion and will meet SA or WI in the QF.

germany
January 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
seems like only the Indian matches will be televised :((

or will finally the entire tournament guys ???

Slater582
January 20, 2008, 02:10 PM
In the UK Sky showed highlights of the last U19 WC.

The only game they showed live was India/England Semi Final I think.

kalpurush
January 20, 2008, 02:14 PM
We all should write to BTV and Willow to broadcast and stream the U 19 WC. Better start now...

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 02:23 PM
Cricket isnt popular here? Where do you live West London?

And you're saying theyre not the best broadcasters, name another channel, that broadcasted live the recent NZ-SA series, the IND-AUS series, SA-WI series, and highlights of BD-NZ series.

look ye what i meant is it's not as popular as football. i'm not sayin they're not good coz they are good infact the best sport channel.
SO no need to get cocky alrite mate!

Yameen
January 20, 2008, 02:37 PM
actually rugby and football is the most popular in the UK, then cricket

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 02:39 PM

exactly! you tell'em brother:D

Eshen
January 20, 2008, 04:05 PM
I heard even tennis is now more popular than cricket in UK, is that true ?

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 06:02 PM

well, with the way things are going on, even boxing ( thax to ricky hatton/joe calzaghae/amir khan) and motorsport ( thanx to lewis hamilton) are proving to be popular than ever.

abu2abu
January 22, 2008, 07:12 AM
In the UK county (that is domestic) cricket is not particularly popular. And in this respect domestic rugby (heneikan cup etc) and football (premier league, FA Cup etc) probably are far more popular.

However, tests and ODIs are still very popular and comprehensively covered by Sky Sports....

abu2abu
January 22, 2008, 07:14 AM

I don't think tennis is more popular. However, wimbledon is, but that's a national institution. For two weeks every tom, dick and harry thinks he's an expert on tennis...

germany
January 22, 2008, 08:24 AM
this thread was to find out who will be broadcasting U19 WC in asia, europe, uk, us

not really to check which sport is popular in the uk !!!

abu2abu
January 22, 2008, 08:33 AM
hehe, good point. that's the problem with these threads, people digress....

lamisa
January 22, 2008, 10:40 AM
i do hope dat some channel broadcasts da bd matches here.i mean i wud luv 2 take a close look @ da games of da next bd superstars!

germany
February 6, 2008, 11:49 AM
so any news on to which cannels are broadcasting this U19 World Cup?

Rabz
February 6, 2008, 12:07 PM
They have been giving add on Star Cricket about televising U19 WC.
Not sure which matches they gonna telecast,hopefully its the whole tournament.

zainab
February 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
I think that Star Cricket will only televise gthe games where India is playing.

germany
February 6, 2008, 12:12 PM
so they are just showing indian matches then?

kalpurush
February 6, 2008, 03:13 PM
BTW, Tigers_eye may be right - if we become group-D runners up, we may get to play India in QF (that case we will get to see the match on television). However, I hope we will become group-D champion and will meet SA or WI in the QF.
Facing India in 1/4 final might be risky for us...we better be sure to be #1 in our group.:)

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 03:22 PM
Facing India in 1/4 final might be risky for us...we better be sure to be #1 in our group.:)

bhaoy paia labh nai. if we want to be champion we should be able to beat every one...

kalpurush
February 7, 2008, 12:50 AM
bhaoy paia labh nai. if we want to be champion we should be able to beat every one...
Well, sometimes you have to be smart....if you could avoid risk...then why not?
It's part of the strategy...:-D

Game On
February 7, 2008, 12:59 AM
ESPN Star sports should cover it too ;

al-Sagar
February 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
BTV or some bangla chnnel chould telecast the BD matches

crikss
February 7, 2008, 09:18 AM
STAR CRICKET will show U-19 world up not sure whether they will show BD matches or not

lamisa
February 7, 2008, 10:49 AM
star cric probably shob indian match dekhabe

jisaan
February 7, 2008, 12:12 PM
We all should write to BTV and Willow to broadcast and stream the U 19 WC. Better start now...
use all the papers on earth
beg the most humble way
get all 15/16 crore shouting

...... BTV WILL NOT TELECAST ANY OF OUR MATCHES.
it has always been the safest heaven of some legendary stupids

kalpurush
February 7, 2008, 01:42 PM
use all the papers on earth
beg the most humble way
get all 15/16 crore shouting

...... BTV WILL NOT TELECAST ANY OF OUR MATCHES.
it has always been the safest heaven of some legendary stupids
Unfortunately, thats the truth I guess!:(:hairpull:

mshakir56
February 7, 2008, 02:03 PM
BTV not showing national team matches, and you guys dreaming about U-19 matches !

Murad
February 7, 2008, 02:05 PM
BTV not showing national team matches, and you guys dreaming about U-19 matches !

Dream korte to taka lage na... tai.........bhujen to

nasimul
February 7, 2008, 02:32 PM
Dream korte to taka lage na... tai.........bhujen to

Kintu somoy to noshto hoe..

mshakir56
February 7, 2008, 10:22 PM
Kintu somoy to noshto hoe..

Khamoka shomoy nosto koray laab key ?:D

al-Sagar
February 8, 2008, 02:09 AM
when actually does the u-19 team leave ???

brockley
February 8, 2008, 10:07 PM
Anyone here put a cam for the matches.
We will not have any coverage in australia.

mshakir56
February 9, 2008, 12:55 AM
The U-19 team is leaving today toward Malaysia ! Their first warm-up match is against MAL on Feb 11th.

hoodlum
February 9, 2008, 01:47 PM
is there any updates whether star cricket is showing any bd matches or not?

al-Sagar
February 10, 2008, 03:57 AM
STAR CRICKET wil show the GROUP matches by india to start it. i am watching india vs australia live in start sports. during the harsha bhogle was speaking about what coverage is coming next and it was mentioned.

so it looks like stat cricket will follow india from the start and later in the tournament they may show the semi's and quarters

Nocturnal
February 10, 2008, 04:00 AM
is there any updates whether star cricket is showing any bd matches or not?

I've watched the commercial for u-19 WC from Feb 17 while watching Ind-Aus on star cricket......assuming they will telecast Ind u-19 team match.....not sure though.

kalpurush
February 10, 2008, 01:40 PM
Khamoka shomoy nosto koray laab key ?:D
Aren't you wasting time, here in BC, then?!;):)

kalpurush
February 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
I've watched the commercial for u-19 WC from Feb 17 while watching Ind-Aus on star cricket......assuming they will telecast Ind u-19 team match.....not sure though.
so, we might be fortunate to watch the final then, as India would face us in the final...:D

al-Sagar
February 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
i think upto qurters they will show only india matches but then they will show semi and finals whoever there is.

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 01:18 AM
Aren't you wasting time, here in BC, then?!;):)

Wasting time for my passion, isn't really wasting, its gaining in a way ! :-D

Roni_uk
February 11, 2008, 01:05 PM

Agreed.. its either England or NOTHING (I wonder if they will even broadcast EURO 08 footy since ENG are out). I check SkY schedules they are not showing any U19 cricket. Our best bet would be ZEE/SONY/STAR/GEO .. I will check them out.

Slater582
February 11, 2008, 06:51 PM
Euro 2008 will be broadcast.

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2008, 01:09 PM
Euro 2008 will be broadcast.
Is there any online link? Sopcast?

jisaan
February 15, 2008, 02:50 PM
No more speculations!!! as expected only india matches are going to be televised on STAR cricket.
in addition to that, Q-Fs & S-Fs & Final will be televised.
http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/search-tvtimes.cmd

sadi
February 15, 2008, 03:32 PM
I can't wait to see some under-19 action in QF, SF and F. Group level games will be really dull when they will only show India games. India vs Papua New Guinea anyone?

insideedge
February 15, 2008, 11:42 PM
From the schedule, it is seen that all the matches of India's group ( not just India's matches) will be telecast. So one can have telecast of West Indies vs South Africa match too.

Considering that most of the fans only watch senior teams play, and not too many people know or care about other matches, one has to give credit to espn/ star sports to at least telecast some of the matches in this U-19 world cup. The matches in the first few U-19 world cup were not even telecast, I am sure.