PDA

View Full Version : Even Zimbabwe thinks they can beat us in tests.

israr
January 20, 2008, 02:41 PM
Here is the aricle, check out the last two lines;
http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/pakvzim/content/current/story/332416.html

Well, they're not at all aware their elder African counterparts are in for some serious treatment FROM US, come this Feb-Mar, 2008.

To Zimbabwe: Get some morphines the next time you face us, cause its going to be a real agony.

Time to sharpen our axe. HERE WE COME, SOUTH AFRICA!!!!!

One World
January 20, 2008, 02:47 PM
So what does Zimbabwe need to get back into the Test arena? "Nothing," Brown says without hesitation. "I think we're right up there with most of the teams on the Test circuit. Obviously, competing against the top two will be difficult, but against the likes of Bangladesh, West Indies and New Zealand I'm sure the team will perform well."

So a humble enquiry is put forward: on the performance of the tour match, would a Zimbabwe Test against Bangladesh last five days? "Obviously it won't. We will beat them in four."

Looking for some comfort there for your dejected hapless team. Ehh, life is not made with bed of roses, I wish it were though.

Anyday BD will beat Zim in any form of cricket.

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 02:49 PM
HA HA HA HA:lol: THIS IS SOOOO FUNNY.
but then again if you think about it is it?
nah, bd will beat them in seconds.plus zim havent played test for ages so i dont know where that over confidence is coming from.

jahidus200
January 20, 2008, 03:00 PM
We Should Give Them Some Lesson Than They Will Understand

BanCricFan
January 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
To be honest, Zim even with Taibu and all wont be able to stretch the game to the fourth day against BD.

Tamim, Ash, Aftab (he luvs Zims) ,Mashrafe, Shahadat, Rasel and Enam will be too much for them.

Soheni
January 20, 2008, 03:21 PM
NO WAY! What do they think they are? Australia? :lol:How will they know if they can beat us?
They can't predict the future or something. Bangladesh won't let a loser team like Zimbabwe beat them.

Soheni
January 20, 2008, 03:23 PM
HA HA HA HA:lol: THIS IS SOOOO FUNNY.
but then again if you think about it is it?
nah, bd will beat them in seconds.plus zim havent played test for ages so i dont know where that over confidence is coming from.

I agree with u. They think they can beat us as if they're Australia. We beat them many times before. They are so humble, when they are yet such a weak team. BD team went to the Super 8s in the World Cup. They didn't.

FagunerAgun
January 20, 2008, 03:39 PM
Come on zimbos, test the sharp teeth of the tiger cubs.

Eshen
January 20, 2008, 03:54 PM
Brown did not say his team can beat us, he said his team can perform well against us. Also, he did not mention if he is talking about matches in home condition or in overseas condition (yes, I think Zim can beat us in their home condition, in both Test and ODI).

al Furqaan
January 20, 2008, 04:03 PM
bangladesh loses by 9 wickets to NZ in NZ, and ZIM loses by innings to Pakistan Patron's XI in PAK.

Brown must have been smoking crack.

I think they would hold their own in their own backyard. but then again, they don't have an answer for either of shahadat hossain or enam should those two be in particularily belligerent mood.

as far as ODIs go, it would be a good matchup based on current form.

Russell2k7
January 20, 2008, 04:03 PM
To be honest, Zim even with Taibu and all wont be able to stretch the game to the fourth day against BD.

Tamim, Ash, Aftab (he luvs Zims) ,Mashrafe, Shahadat, Rasel and Enam will be too much for them.
What if I add: A. Flower, G. Flower, Streak, and Campbell?

Bengaliprince176
January 20, 2008, 04:08 PM
Brown did not say his team can beat us, he said his team can perform well against us. Also, he did not mention if he is talking about matches in home condition or in overseas condition (yes, I think Zim can beat us in their home condition, in both Test and ODI).

good to see that one BD supporter not going overboard over with what was i assume a sarcastic, optimistic comment, it was at the end of the article, he was trying to inject some confidence into his team, and their is nothing wrong with showing faith in his youngsters, i think he seems a very smart and proud captain. dont get me wrong, BD will still smash the Zimbabwe team (hopefully- anythin gless will be a major dissapointment), but good to see a positive attitude from Zimbabwe.

Eshen
January 20, 2008, 04:15 PM
OK, I did not notice this comment before, I guess Brown is just being sarcastic here -

So a humble enquiry is put forward: on the performance of the tour match, would a Zimbabwe Test against Bangladesh last five days? "Obviously it won't. We will beat them in four."

al Furqaan
January 20, 2008, 04:20 PM

half of those guys are 40 years old, we'd still beat em.

BanCricFan
January 20, 2008, 04:40 PM

would be evenly matched then. Campbell was not much of a player.

Eshen
January 20, 2008, 04:41 PM
half of those guys are 40 years old, we'd still beat em.
None of those guys (Flower brothers, Campbell, Streak) are that old yet, but you are right - they can't make a difference for Zimbabwe now. However, don't forget about Murray Goodwin and Sean Ervine, it will be hell of a upgrade for Zim if those two come back.

Rubu
January 20, 2008, 05:54 PM
A Sad but true statement.

I have no respect for the current test team. The way they play, I'll actually be surprised if it goes to 4th day. Not because Zim bowlers have the strength to take our twenty wickets (they can actually take 2 at most) but those morons of ours will give away 20 wickets in 2 and half days to any para club bowlers.

al Furqaan
January 20, 2008, 06:01 PM
None of those guys (Flower brothers, Campbell, Streak) are that old yet, but you are right - they can't make a difference for Zimbabwe now. However, don't forget about Murray Goodwin and Sean Ervine, it will be hell of a upgrade for Zim if those two come back.

Ervine is CLASS. i really do hope he comes back. then zimbabwe will be ready to get Test status back.

i highly doubt ICC would give it to them tho. which is why BD should not forfeit test status voluntarily.

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 06:06 PM
Ervine is CLASS. i really do hope he comes back. then zimbabwe will be ready to get Test status back.

i highly doubt ICC would give it to them tho. which is why BD should not forfeit test status voluntarily.

that's what im saying. zim havent had their test status for soooooooo long it's not even funny. i wonder how long it will take bd to get there's back if icc decide to take their's away.:-|

kalpurush
January 20, 2008, 06:07 PM

I have no respect for the current test team. The way they play, I'll actually be surprised if it goes to 4th day. Not because Zim bowlers have the strength to take our twenty wickets (they can actually take 2 at most) but those morons of ours will give away 20 wickets in 2 and half days to any para club bowlers.
Rubu...don't be so cruel on you my friend!;):-D

wiseshah
January 20, 2008, 06:07 PM

Rubu, i agree with u. This team needs long time to prove themselves. I lost all confidence after SL and NZ tour. Moreover, i lost all confidence on our selectors. I think, anybody can beat our present team (including ireland, kenya, zimbabwe and India, pak A team)

kalpurush
January 20, 2008, 06:14 PM
I think, anybody can beat our present team (including ireland, kenya, zimbabwe and India, pak A team)
[বাংলা]এটা রাগের কথা..দুঃখেরও!Peace out... wiseshah!!
তবে, এতটা খারাপ হতে বাংলাদেশের আরো ৫ বছর লাগবে...;)
[/বাংলা]

Miraz
January 20, 2008, 06:17 PM

Rubu got Spitty 2.0 virus from the chat room, need a strong Bangladesh performance against SA to disinfect him. :)

On a serious note, I don't find anything wrong in Brown's comments, he is simply trying to lift the spirit of his boys.

If we can dream to beat Saffers in the upcoming Test series, what's the problem with Brown's dream?

We must agree that the gap is narrower between BD and Zimbabwe compared to the gap between BD and SA.

kalpurush
January 20, 2008, 06:20 PM
Come on zimbos, test the sharp teeth of the tiger cubs.
In our backyeard, we can bite hard...but in theirs will be tough ...

kalpurush
January 20, 2008, 06:23 PM
Rubu got Spitty 2.0 virus from the chat room, need a strong Bangladesh performance against SA to disinfect him. :)

On a serious note, I don't find anything wrong in Brown's comments, he is simply trying to lift the spirit of his boys.

If we can dream to beat Saffers in the upcoming Test series, what's the problem with Brown's dream?

We must agree that the gap is narrower between BD and Zimbabwe compared to the gap between BD and SA.
A valid statement ...:-D

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 06:25 PM

that explains why rubu is so erm...'anti-tiger' all the time:-D

Antora
January 20, 2008, 06:38 PM
Zim gonna beat us in tests? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA
is this supposed to be some kinda joke?
they wish they could beat us in tests.

Zobair
January 20, 2008, 08:46 PM
I like their spirit and self-belief. That was a very nice response to a humiliating question. Zimbabwe probably consider Bangladesh their greatest rivals on current form and are not ready to concede just yet. Good luck to Zimbabwe Cricket.

Russell2k7
January 20, 2008, 09:14 PM

Not only him but many of us really. Need to make the Saffers Suffer:-D

sandpiper
January 20, 2008, 09:24 PM
ট্যুর ম্যাচে ইনিংস ডিফিট খায় আবার বড় বড় কথা। ঐসব আবজাব পেচালে চিড়া ভিজবে না।

:wave:

ialbd
January 20, 2008, 09:26 PM
chance peye shobai ekta kore latthi maira nitese....

who's next... scotland?

Ajfar
January 20, 2008, 09:27 PM
sobai ajkal onek beshi beshi kotha bolee...sob kothai kan dite hoi naa..

Eshen
January 20, 2008, 09:28 PM
Rubu got Spitty 2.0 virus from the chat room...
So, Spitty is a hacker who is spreading virus through BC chat room ? Khaise !

Russell2k7
January 20, 2008, 09:28 PM
chance peye shobai ekta kore latthi maira nitese....

who's next... scotland?

:floor::floor:

Roni_uk
January 20, 2008, 09:42 PM

we are not dreaming of beating SA .. are we? Then again.. shopno dekhte poisha lage na ;)

I think a series against our favourite team Zimbu is well over due. Looking at WI's performance lately, I wouldn't mind taking them on next too. Ki bolen?

Russell2k7
January 20, 2008, 09:44 PM
we are not dreaming of beating SA .. are we? Then again.. shopno dekhte poisha lage na ;)

I think a series against our favourite team Zimbu is well over due. Looking at WI's performance lately, I wouldn't mind taking them on next too. Ki bolen?

Didn't WI just beat SA in the first test recently?

cricket_king
January 20, 2008, 10:16 PM
Didn't WI just beat SA in the first test recently?

And then got slaughtered in the next 2. Slaughtered BAD may I add.

ahaque
January 21, 2008, 12:19 AM
We'll find out how Zimbabwe is after this tour of Pakistan (my guess is that they'll get whitewashed)

Sohel
January 21, 2008, 02:52 AM
Watching a bit of the first ODI between Zimbabwe and Pakistan live on Ten Sports. Appalling bowling from Mpofu and worse captaincy from “clueless” Utseya. They made a hero out of our Shahriar Nafees and now seem to be well on their way to making another one out of the debutant Nasir Jamshed.

If they think they can beat us with “strike” bowlers bowling erratic deliveries from the high 110s to high 120s, they’re either being sarcastic or REALLY deluding themselves. Or is the crack from Mugabe’s personal stash? By the way, we have a dozen or so “containment” slow bowlers better than Utseya.

On the other hand, Zimbabwe does match-up better against us batting-wise with Mohammad Ashraful being the notable difference tilting the balance in our favor quite decisively. The elegant and classy Sibanda is easily comparable to either Zunaed or Tamim but we have TWO, not just one good opener now. Masakadza and the new and improved Shahriar Nafees, and Matsekinyeri and Aftab are also somewhat evenly matched-up while Taibu is significantly better than Mushy with both the bat and gloves. Farhad Reza can easily compete with Chigumbura especially against lamer attacks, as can Shakib against Brent. That leaves Taylor and not much else. If Alok can adjust to the highest level - maybe it will be easier for him to do so and build some much needed confidence against the likes of Zimbabwe, Kenya and Ireland – even that slight advantage will belong to us. If he is not selected or cannot make the adjustment, guys like Imrul or Rokibul can do the same.

Having said all that, we can always beat ourselves against any team in the world irrespective of how we match up.

kalpurush
January 21, 2008, 03:02 AM
Sohel Bhai...welcome back! ...how was your Bagerhat trip?

BD-Shardul
January 21, 2008, 03:07 AM
Recent overs 1 . 4 1 . . | 1 . 1 1 2 2 | 1 1 . 2 1 . | . 1 1 1

This is how pakis are taking singles

Sohel
January 21, 2008, 03:33 AM
Sohel Bhai...welcome back! ...how was your Bagerhat trip?

Short bro. A lot of back and forth of late ... :)

taklima_naj
January 21, 2008, 05:25 AM

Yeah a very valid statement but in some way I am agree with Rabu as well because in any day we can be real tiger and another day we can be a micky mouse also.

Rabz
January 21, 2008, 05:51 AM
Kick 'em when they are down.
ah, looks like even the Zimbos are taking a shot at us now..

bl**dy hell....

rainmaniac
January 21, 2008, 06:44 AM
there is a lot of difference between thinking and facing the reality...but then again wat they said might be true...who knows...lets not criticise them

BD-Shardul
January 21, 2008, 06:56 AM
Now Zims playing so well...........

BD-Shardul
January 21, 2008, 07:10 AM
deleted

lamisa
January 21, 2008, 10:31 AM
that's what im saying. zim havent had their test status for soooooooo long it's not even funny. i wonder how long it will take bd to get there's back if icc decide to take their's away.:-|

oh plz dont say that!:timeout:

lamisa
January 21, 2008, 10:39 AM
haha,they lost real bad 2 paki 2day!they lost by a 104 runs.they sort of reminded me of bd in da 2nd innings of da 1st test against da kiwis.@ 1 point v were 152/0 nd den BOOM v collapsed!:(even 2day de seemd 2 b in a pretty gud position,127/2 i thinkand yea,BOM dde collapsed 2!

Moshin
January 21, 2008, 11:01 AM
haha,they lost real bad 2 paki 2day!they lost by a 104 runs.they sort of reminded me of bd in da 2nd innings of da 1st test against da kiwis.@ 1 point v were 152/0 nd den BOOM v collapsed!:(even 2day de seemd 2 b in a pretty gud position,127/2 i thinkand yea,BOM dde collapsed 2!
yep they did get crushed by pakistan (not 'paki') today by 100 somthin runs, but if you go and look at the score, they did quite pretty good in a way with Sibanda, Chibhabha and Williams with 50s, I thought Zimbabwe would get all out or somthin under 200 but they went over it with 7 in hand, which shows a lot of improvement after beating West Indies, so guys I wouldnt be laughing my head of that report, they may have a chance against us even more since late 2004 you will never know they look like a stronger team now. :doh:

Moshin
January 21, 2008, 11:08 AM
So a humble enquiry is put forward: on the performance of the tour match, would a Zimbabwe Test against Bangladesh last five days? "Obviously it won't. We will beat them in four." Now that is a just a joke now, too much confidence.

akabir77
January 21, 2008, 11:11 AM
Why do we need to talk so much? when the game will start we will see. Until the game time they can say what ever they want and we can say what ever we want but the result will be nothing. so just wait for the game day...

MarufH
January 21, 2008, 11:18 AM
After watching Zim yesterday, they are miles away from beating us..... Our bowlers will crush them.

Kabir
Ora amaderke nachay...r amrao nachi.

Bhaloi...we're all a bunch of :joy: (monkies) :)

MarufH
btw, do we have any game against Zim in 08 ftp?

ahaque
January 21, 2008, 11:21 AM
Pakistan 347/5 (50 ov)
Zimbabwe 243/7 (50.0 ov)

I really dont think zimbabwe could beat us after watching this...

Kabir
January 21, 2008, 11:22 AM
243/7 against Pak?

Khaise...

MarufH
January 21, 2008, 11:32 AM
243/7 against Pak?

Khaise...

and guess who bowled? Younis Khan, Misbah ul Haq... hahahahah

Roni_uk
January 21, 2008, 11:48 AM
243/7.. amra to 143 o korte pari na.. thats a huge score....so they are not kidding when they say they can beat us. shoot!

abu2abu
January 21, 2008, 11:50 AM
Pakistan 347/5 (50 ov)
Zimbabwe 243/7 (50.0 ov)

I really dont think zimbabwe could beat us after watching this...

I don't know about that. How often have BD posted 243 in 50 overs recently?...

sandpiper
January 21, 2008, 11:58 AM
করাচীর ঐ ফ্ল্যাট পিচে ৩৪৮ রান তাড়া করে ২৪৩ এ পৌঁছান টা আহামরি কিছু না। এই সিরিজে আখতার, গুল, আসিফ, সামি কেউই খেলছে না।

Russell2k7
January 21, 2008, 12:15 PM
u guys are forgetting Ban VS NZ 2nd ODI. How many times did we posted score over 200? They got beaten by 104 runs and we got beaten by 102 runs.

bdchamp20
January 21, 2008, 12:25 PM
Zimbabwe are a better team than Bangladesh at the moment because all their players had to struggle to play for their country..and they love their country..they beat Australia in the T20,WI in ODI and gave Pakistan a fight..man I'm worried for Bangladesh in 2009

Ahmed_B
January 21, 2008, 12:36 PM
[বাংলা]বেকায়দাতে পড়লে হাতি... জিম্বাবুয়েও মারে লাথি! আর বাংলাদেশ দল তো হাতি-টাতিও না, বড়জোড় বাঘের চামড়ার জ্যাকেট পরা একটা বড় সাইজের বিড়াল![/বাংলা] ;)

Roni_uk
January 21, 2008, 02:01 PM
Zimbabwe are a better team than Bangladesh at the moment because all their players had to struggle to play for their country..and they love their country..they beat Australia in the T20,WI in ODI and gave Pakistan a fight..man I'm worried for Bangladesh in 2009

with our team's present performance and Zim's present perfomance .. we have no chance against them in any coming series. Truth hurts!!

We have something to prove against SA but I dont see its coming.

Eshen
January 21, 2008, 02:14 PM
Zimbabwe's main problem is always their weak bowling attack, not their batting.

Utseya proved himself a total moron when he chose to field first in the last match. ZC need to give captaincy back to Taibu.

Shobha
January 21, 2008, 02:14 PM
i must say all these nagative views are really doing my head in. whatever happend to showing support for you team....?

akabir77
January 21, 2008, 02:15 PM
I don't agree with you guys. In BD we will beat them (Zimbabwe) no problem. Remember we have some world class menow beaters in our team. SN, TI, RAJIN, RAZZAK and dancing boy Mash. I think we will win the series with them. I don't know why but recently "Nay sayers" in BC has gone double... where were you guys when bd was without a single win for 5 years?

Dhakablues
January 21, 2008, 02:25 PM
What,, a battle of the dungeons? I wonder who would sponsor those matches...

I think on paper, Bangladesh is a better side because we have the "sensational" stars. But thats where it is,,,"on paper". What we don on the feild,, thats something we have to see when that day comes. I think BCB should rather ask Zimbabwe to play a 3 series test and ODI in Bangladesh. Or atleast some 4 day matches.That way, we prove who is better and the team gets their test practice. Which team practices and which team gets their pants pulled down,, its a toss up.

tonoy
January 21, 2008, 02:41 PM
yes zim scored 243, but might i remind you that this is a very flat track with very few ball movements, and pakistan didnt seem to have best bowling attack at the moment. I mean, did you see how many bowlers that pakistan used? plus our batsmen become twice as good against the zim bowlers. nothing to be concerned about.

Eshen
January 21, 2008, 02:54 PM
yes zim scored 243, but might i remind you that this is a very flat track with very few ball movements, and pakistan didnt seem to have best bowling attack at the moment.
Remember this match (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/match/300427.html) ? The match was also played on a very flat wicket. Without Bond and Franklin, NZ did not have their full strength bowling attack either.

Not saying Zim is now better than us, I just don't understand why so many of you are so eager to downplay Zim.

As many people already pointed out, what Brown said was just a sarcastic reply to a humiliating question, don't take it so personally.

akabir77
January 21, 2008, 03:05 PM
Even though we shouldn't down play zimbows as anything can happen in cricket and in BD cricket but comparing NZ bowling(who ever played that match) with zimbo bowling is too much...

In any case we won't let them score 230+ if they do they will win the match(50/50) cause no matter how bad the ops bowlers r our batsmen can't score 250+ all the time.

Eshen
January 21, 2008, 03:14 PM
... comparing NZ bowling(who ever played that match) with zimbo bowling is too much...
If you are not so hyper, you would realize that I was comparing an understrength Pakistani attack with an understrength NZ attack.

imani
January 21, 2008, 03:15 PM
well i think zimbabwe can beat us i mean look at thier players they look so confident in winning and espicially beating Bangladesh for sure in a Test match, I dont think our bowlers will have any pressure from them but the batsmen will surely will against them, which includes Ashraful and the bunch they will be nerve racking mainly Bashar looking at his record against them, they can beat us!!!

akabir77
January 21, 2008, 03:35 PM
If you are not so hyper, you would realize that I was comparing an understrength Pakistani attack with an understrength NZ attack.

Now that you have pointed that out, i can see what you meant. My bad...:big_hug:

BanCricFan
January 21, 2008, 03:55 PM
Remember this match (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/match/300427.html) ?

Was Ash out in this match or he he was just given out?

LateCut
January 21, 2008, 04:00 PM
They scored 247 against Pakistan! When is the last time we scored close to 250? This threat from Zimbawe is not a empty one. They can beat us in five days if not in three days. Their recent toor to SA was was not as disasterous as the one we had in Newzeland. I will keep my figure crossed next time we play the Taibu gang. May be chant "Ya nafsi, Ya nafsi".

Nafi
January 21, 2008, 04:09 PM
Remember this match (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/match/300427.html) ? The match was also played on a very flat wicket. Without Bond and Franklin, NZ did not have their full strength bowling attack either.

For god's sake shoaib malik was their highest wicket taker and they let misbah bowl, this wasnt even a half strength pak bowling attack

tonoy
January 21, 2008, 04:17 PM
For god's sake shoaib malik was their highest wicket taker and they let misbah bowl, this wasnt even a half strength pak bowling attack

finally someone seeing my point.

Russell2k7
January 21, 2008, 04:20 PM
i must say all these nagative views are really doing my head in. whatever happend to showing support for you team....?
All of us support them. Why do you think we still follow them even if they get bundled out for 90 runs? However, it is also important to distinguish between reality and emotions.

Eshen
January 21, 2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah, we can find all the excuses to discredit Zimbabwe, but, if you have some time, dig out scorecards of ODIs played after WC'07 and see how often Zimbabwe got close or above 250 and how often we did so. Truth hurts - Zimbabwe batsmen are currently showing better consistency than our batsmen are (yeah, I too hope that scenario will change soon).

cricket_king
January 21, 2008, 08:26 PM
'Zimbabwe will return as soon as they are ready'

Peter Chingoka, chairman of Zimbabwe Cricket, is confident his country are well on their way to being a Test nation again

Interview by Osman Samiuddin
January 21, 2008

Peter Chingoka has been president of the Zimbabwe board for a decade and a half, but the recent years of his tenure have been troubled. In 2005 he was accused of mismanagement, following which the players went on strike demanding his removal. In 2007, a year after Zimbabwe withdrew from Test cricket for the second time, a leaked ICC report strongly criticised the financial functioning of the ZCU. Chingoka, however, is confident that things are looking up for Zimbabwe cricket. They will be returning to the highest level soon, he tells Cricinfo in this interview.

Read full (http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/332465.html)

So according to this source, they'll be back playing soon enough.

reyme
January 21, 2008, 08:31 PM
Is it possible Banglacricket can beat Tigercricket?

Sovik
January 21, 2008, 09:01 PM
Is it possible Banglacricket can beat Tigercricket?

on any given day. how many members do they have?

Ishtylish cricketer
January 21, 2008, 09:33 PM
Politics screwed up Zimbawae. They had really good players. Flowers, Strang, Streak, Ervine, Hick who played for England was Zimbawae. Anyways with current bunch of players...it's 65:35 in favour of Bd in tests and in ODI 70:30 for us.

Ishtylish cricketer
January 21, 2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, we can find all the excuses to discredit Zimbabwe, but, if you have some time, dig out scorecards of ODIs played after WC'07 and see how often Zimbabwe got close or above 250 and how often we did so. Truth hurts - Zimbabwe batsmen are currently showing better consistency than our batsmen are (yeah, I too hope that scenario will change soon).

Against Pakistan the pitch was a belter. Anyone could have made a 50 there. If Zim play NZ they would put up similar score and furthermore their bowling is much weaker than ours. We are talking about current team. In case you forgot we beat AUS chasing 230, SA while making 250, and Ind chased 190 or so with two overs to spare...all that in past 4 years. After WC we played one Srilanka and NZ which are on paper two strong teams, while Zim played SA I think. It's been less than a year mate, you can judge the teams with 2 or 3 series?

wiseshah
January 21, 2008, 10:16 PM
Politics screwed up Zimbawae. They had really good players. Flowers, Strang, Streak, Ervine, Hick who played for England was Zimbawae. Anyways with current bunch of players...it's 65:35 in favour of Bd in tests and in ODI 70:30 for us.

u forget to add : neil johnson

wiseshah
January 21, 2008, 10:20 PM
After watching Zim yesterday, they are miles away from beating us..... Our bowlers will crush them.

oh yeah, our bowlers will crush aussie too. we saw that in last three tours . thats why we win constantly in test matches. u didnt watch last series against NZ. now compare that seies with zim-pak series.

wiseshah
January 21, 2008, 10:26 PM
Zimbabwe is no lack of talent for sure. Its their political situation, otherwise , they would be in the top 5/6 teams in the world. A full team voluntarily withdrawn from cricket area and return back after a long pause and still showing this kinda performance under difficult political situation, I will give them extra 10 point for their performance. just taibu, and ray price is back and they are making 250 runs. I wonder if the full strength team is back, what will be the score?

cricket_king
January 21, 2008, 11:55 PM
It's funny how much credit Zimbabwe are getting from this match. It's true that they have been reaching 250+ consistently as of recent times, but in pretty much all of those matches they were no where close to winning. They had to chase totals of 300-350 in quite a few of those matches - you'd expect them to head in there with no expectation of winning and just having a bit of a bat. If a team win by 30 runs when defending a total, you can call it an easy win.

The Bangladesh team has to contend with expectation and pressure to perform. Sadly, they just can't keep up with the pressure. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are two different teams. They aren't far behind us, but we still are ahead.

Eshen
January 22, 2008, 12:02 AM
Sorry people if I had hit your nerves by comparing Zimbabwe with us. What I was trying to say is that Zimbabwe's batting is certainly looking better since Taibu came back and since they got a new coach. Needless to say their bowling is still crap.

wiseshah
January 22, 2008, 12:10 AM
Sorry people if I had hit your nerves by comparing Zimbabwe with us. What I was trying to say is that Zimbabwe's batting is certainly looking better since Taibu came back and since they got a new coach. Needless to say their bowling is still crap.

agree....

al Furqaan
January 22, 2008, 12:38 AM
zimbabwe's batting has done well, of course they've had the benefit of going against a west indies attack and pakistan's G squad bowlers.

but our batsmen would still barely score 200 in 50 overs against cameroon's Z side bowling attack.

good thing our bowlers would smoke zimbabwe at home, and in zimbabwe would still bowl well enough to beat them.

wiseshah
January 22, 2008, 01:10 AM
zimbabwe's batting has done well, of course they've had the benefit of going against a west indies attack and pakistan's G squad bowlers.

but our batsmen would still barely score 200 in 50 overs against cameroon's Z side bowling attack.

good thing our bowlers would smoke zimbabwe at home, and in zimbabwe would still bowl well enough to beat them.

Oh yeaah, cant agree any more. Our batsmen are very friendly about giving wicket. when it comes to throw wicket, they all become Hazi Muhammad Mohsin. tader ek montro: mehman bhagbhan er moto

BD-Shardul
January 22, 2008, 03:43 AM
Oh yeaah, cant agree any more. Our batsmen are very friendly about giving wicket. when it comes to throw wicket, they all become Hazi Muhammad Mohsin. tader ek montro: mehman bhagbhan er moto

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CHABAN
January 22, 2008, 10:56 AM

That is what many Indians thought when we played Bangladesh in the world cup. We know how that one ended :-)

riaz131
January 22, 2008, 11:13 AM
Is it me or they look really angry in this pic /:)? They are probably :shh:ing the reporters with their eyes and facial expression....

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/85300/85392.jpg

lamisa
January 22, 2008, 11:16 AM
Oh yeaah, cant agree any more. Our batsmen are very friendly about giving wicket. when it comes to throw wicket, they all become Hazi Muhammad Mohsin. tader ek montro: mehman bhagbhan er moto[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::floor::floor:

Miraz
January 22, 2008, 11:32 AM
Is it me or they look really angry in this pic /:)? They are probably :shh:ing the reporters with their eyes and facial expression....

Mashrafe's expression tells a thousand words. :)

Xavier
January 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
Zimbabwe have improved a lot in last months... their batting side is not bad at all with Sibanda, Taylor, Taibu, Chigumbura... the bowling attack is quite ordinary, since they've lost Streak and Hondo... Utseya is an economical spinner in ODIs but his performance against Pakistan yesterday was very poor...

akabir77
January 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
Mashrafe's expression tells a thousand words. :)

What 1000 Word? i only see a Kachu machu chehara...

zainab
January 22, 2008, 02:18 PM
Captain and Vice Captain look very uncomfortable and unhappy. dont blame them, then I am sure that they are thinking that they have to speak to the media, though they do not want to, but if you are representing the country, then you cannot escape this ordeal, and then of course they have to face angry fans.

BD-Shardul
January 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
I don't know, looking at the pic, I fell sad for Ash :(

abu2abu
January 24, 2008, 05:33 AM

A fine point, well made...

Dhruvo
January 24, 2008, 05:57 AM

HAHAHA,i think mash was damn angry,haha,well i think mash is gonna show some aggressive bowling against the zimbos in the future and ash is gonna be like,i will paddle sweep you in hell,hehe.

abu2abu
January 24, 2008, 10:07 AM
Based on recent performances, I doubt our boys would have been able to score 238 against that Pak attack, yes even on that surface....

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakvzim/engine/current/match/325801.html

lamisa
January 24, 2008, 11:47 AM
y dont we put captions on dat pic of ash d mash?it wil b fun!

zainab
January 24, 2008, 03:52 PM
Zimbabwe has improved a lot as a team, they were good in the 20/20 world cup, played with passion which is lacking in BD. I think that if BD played them now, it will be a stiff contest. They held their own against Pakistan even though they lost, but it was not a massive loss.

BangladeshFan
January 24, 2008, 04:11 PM
yah zimbabwe play with passion, they try their best with their limitations, they lost many playes due to state of turmoil their country is in.

i am sure bangladeshis dont play with that kind of passion. it is in our lethargic bangali nature. we eat plate full of rice, our women waste most of their time cooking delicious but unhealthy food, we waste time watching useless hindi films and songs and panpanani..... Infact if players played with half of the passion showed by supporters in this site, we wouldnt be minnows anymore.

Moshin
January 24, 2008, 04:28 PM
well now, if you see the way they have played today, they have played exceptionaly very well against Pakistan, I mean over 200 is good enough v Pakistan for them, plus Taibu is back with a 50 right? yep 80 somthin on the card, they are playing good and in these conditions, they will be tough to be beat dont you think? definetly in a test looks like it.

al Furqaan
January 24, 2008, 04:37 PM
guys what PAKISTAN team is this? no inzy, no yousuf, no asif, no shoaib, no nazir, no butt.

its a weakened attack.

Moshin
January 24, 2008, 04:47 PM
guys what PAKISTAN team is this? no inzy, no yousuf, no asif, no shoaib, no nazir, no butt.
yep i have never heard of these players before, Jamshed, Sohail Tanvir, Samiullah Khan, plus Younis bowls 4 overs atleast in the games, just reflects the performances.
its a weakened attack. yep definetly is, but can't be weaker than Bangladesh though.

Russell2k7
January 24, 2008, 07:47 PM

its a weakened attack.

Say what? Inzy retired while ago. Yousuf is there, Butt is also there. Nazir is also pretty much there because u can say he was swapped with Nasir Jamshed who is playing even better than Nazir. So, it's pretty much FULL strength Pakistan batting wise. Thus, 340+ score in 1st ODI. As for bowling Sohail, Anjum, Malik, and Afridi are pretty much their full time bowlers. So, bowling is weak attack without Shoaib and Asif; still, it's not that weak.

Besides, even a very weak attack can rip through our batting lineup. I mean O'Brien of NZ was basically turned into Shane Bond for crying out loud. In a head to head match with the Zimbows we would most likely win, but still it will be competitive and Zim are improving day by day.

One World
January 24, 2008, 08:12 PM
I doubt we can win an away series against Zim ATM.

Bengali Bum
January 24, 2008, 11:23 PM
a little irrelevant but I still wanna say it.
I think BD Team, at the moment, is capable of beating Pakistan, Kenya, and Zim
and probably England.
When I think of England, I think BD players are pretty good. We don't have the technology and resources like they do or the domestic cricket they have and yet we're pretty good. They've been playing cricket forever.. yet look at their performances.

btw.. BD will beat zim any day any time.

Electrequiem
January 24, 2008, 11:48 PM
and probably England.
When I think of England, I think BD players are pretty good. We don't have the technology and resources like they do or the domestic cricket they have and yet we're pretty good. They've been playing cricket forever.. yet look at their performances.

Don't know about BD being "capable" of beating Pakistan and England...

Anyways, nice to see another fellow floridian!

Bengali Bum
January 24, 2008, 11:51 PM
Anyways, nice to see another fellow floridian!

Miamian too!!!

Electrequiem
January 24, 2008, 11:52 PM
Miamian too!!!

Even better! Where are you in Miami?

cricket_king
January 25, 2008, 01:20 AM

Yes well they are famous for their sporting ability after all...or lack of.

wiseshah
January 25, 2008, 01:41 AM
zimbabwe is making 200+ continously. Our Bd team cant even make that run in test matches, how sad. doesnt matter who bowl against BD, our players will increase their confidence. In NZ series,

when kyle Mills were bowling-----they thought he is shane Bond
when vettory was bowling-------they thought he is shane warne
when Ian o brien was bowling, they thought-----he is Bret lee
when Oram was bowling, they thought----------he is chaminda vaas
Mason-----------------------------------------------he is mohammad asif

can u think about upcoming Saf tour: when they already have a lethal combo

1. Dale steyn---- ATM top of the world
2. M ntini
3. andre nel
4. C langeveldt
5. M morkel
6. j kallis
7. J morkel

thank God, saun Pollock retired

akabir77
January 25, 2008, 11:06 AM
zimbabwe is making 200+ continously. Our Bd team cant even make that run in test matches, how sad. doesnt matter who bowl against BD, our players will increase their confidence. In NZ series,

when kyle Mills were bowling-----they thought he is shane Bond
when vettory was bowling-------they thought he is shane warne
when Ian o brien was bowling, they thought-----he is Bret lee
when Oram was bowling, they thought----------he is chaminda vaas
Mason-----------------------------------------------he is mohammad asif

can u think about upcoming Saf tour: when they already have a lethal combo

1. Dale steyn---- ATM top of the world
2. M ntini
3. andre nel
4. C langeveldt
5. M morkel
6. j kallis
7. J morkel

thank God, saun Pollock retired

Reason is Zimbos knows they will not win at the start of the game so they just want to score 200+ and get experience... which we used to do during shojon's era... now we go for win and lose quick wickets and...

reyme
January 25, 2008, 12:55 PM

To do that you need a killer instinct!

Moshin
January 25, 2008, 01:25 PM
and probably England.
I dont understand why 'Pakistan' and 'England' go into that category at the moment, we've had so many chances against them for a win but could we, nope not a chance. Also Kenya shouldn't be mentioned there, we beat them in the past and present they are history from ODI cricket now the new 'Kenya' is Ireland.. they beat us. If we can't beat the new 'Kenyans' what makes us very sure we can beat Zimbabwe, we are still in the same stages of the past, we cannot ignore the first game against the Irish.
They've been playing cricket forever.. yet look at their performances. I dont think we have been playing cricket 'forever' we have started being a country since 1972 overall, the cricket must have started a few years later, players like Mohammed Rafique are the early players of Bangladesh cricket, and he is still playing the game. It just shows we have a long way ahead before we are a 'proper team.':)

MarufH
January 25, 2008, 04:55 PM
oh yeah, our bowlers will crush aussie too. we saw that in last three tours . thats why we win constantly in test matches. u didnt watch last series against NZ. now compare that seies with zim-pak series.

I've watched every match against NZ. (look at the match threads) My point is, Pakistan is playing kiddie game with them. If you are watching the matches, you will know what I am talking about. I mean what kind of gameplan includes part, part, part time bowler Younis Khan introduced right after breaking 100+ partnership? Last time I recall, he doesn't even bowl in FC matches.

MarufH
January 25, 2008, 04:57 PM
Also, to support my point, their average speed of a fast bowler is 125 - 127.... while our reza can bowl 130+ average.... Lets not mention Shahadat and Masrafe. (that's what I meant by crushing them)

MarufH
January 25, 2008, 04:59 PM
Somebody must've said some that lead them to think... "Ki.... shalar etto boro shahosh...."

Anher
January 25, 2008, 07:09 PM

Nah....1 look Eliyas Kanchon another looks serious kanchon.

al-Sagar
January 28, 2008, 10:23 PM
against non-test playng nations we just have to have the confidence that we can win and play without any poressure.

then we will be able to knock all those sides off

cricket_king
January 29, 2008, 08:09 PM
against non-test playng nations we just have to have the confidence that we can win and play without any poressure.

then we will be able to knock all those sides off

Remember Ireland...?