PDA

View Full Version : Ask ICC to act before it becomes an issue

Tigers_eye
January 22, 2008, 01:12 PM
Bucknor himself said that he would like to continue for another year, if his contract is extended in March, but no more. "I am scheduled to go to Bangladesh, where they will play South Africa, in another four weeks," Bucknor, speaking from Jamaica, told CANA. "I am in reasonably good physical condition.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/332482.html
(lower end of the article)

With the recent umpiring issues by steve Bucknor I am afraid we will be having a hard time when SA comes. Obviously the weaker team would get penalized heavily and thus would have no chance to fight back.

It is bad enough to play against better 11 test players. It would be worse to play against 12. If the calls go both ways I have no problem but somehow find hard to believe to that analogy.

So just to see BC members opinion please vote on the poll.

I want Bucknor as an umpire in BD-SA series. He is the most experienced one.
I do not want Bucknor as an umpire in BD-SA series. Period.
Doesn't matter if Bucknor stands or not. We will get our customery whoppin!!
I don't care.

Tigers_eye
January 22, 2008, 01:16 PM
ufff!!! I missed a trick. Could have been a grand slam!!

Should have added (in the poll) I want "Ashoka" on the other end.

Nasif
January 22, 2008, 01:27 PM
ufff!!! I missed a trick. Could have been a grand slam!!

Should have added (in the poll) I want "Ashoka" on the other end.

Added your Ashoka option ;)

I voted "care less" option. I don't think its an issue. You can go so far with "Umpire's fault"...

Unless we play right; no umpire in the world can help us!

tonoy
January 22, 2008, 01:30 PM
we should be more concerned with the way our cricket is played and not how it is judged.

Miraz
January 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
I want Bucknor.

Don't want to throw away the excuse ..................... ;)

akabir77
January 22, 2008, 01:40 PM
like DJ said in another thread one or two bad decision makes a huge thing for a team like bd. for example

if they give Smith and Kalis notout they will score 200+
if they give Aftab and Ash not out they will be out in the same over...

If they give out smith and kalis then some other two will score 200+
if they give bashar and ash out we will score less than 90.

So even for a respectable total we need good ump the most.

while saying that lets see what or which ump can give that to us?

There r no good ump other than buckner that i see might to do that at this point.

All the white ump favs the strong teams. exception to that ashoka. he fav all teams against us.

I know before bucknor has favored us in many cases.

SO i say Even he is blind he would be out best bid compare to the FB or the NZ ump would play golf with players in 3rd day and will give outs quickly...

Other end alimder is our best bid or may be moni Bhai...

zainab
January 22, 2008, 01:49 PM
He is an inept umpire at the moment, and I am surprised if countries will agree for him to umpire.

al Furqaan
January 22, 2008, 01:59 PM
with what happened, i doubt he is going to mess up on purpose against BD.

its like if you were caught on "dateline: to catch a predator" would u still be hanging around 12 year olds if you just got out on bail?

bucknor might be the fairest ump we can get, given his current situation. BCB should therefore not be a pussy and IF he screws us, BCB should cry wolf to the ICC and make sure they drive end his career.

Shobha
January 22, 2008, 02:15 PM
I want Bucknor.

:lol:
i want bucknor coz i still think he's the best umpire in the world no matter what.

Nocturnal
January 22, 2008, 03:33 PM
voted for- Bucknor or no Bucknor whoppin is coming :(

Tigers_eye
January 22, 2008, 03:40 PM
And the winner is ... except Ashoka's choice all of the above. Keep it up guys!!

nasimul
January 22, 2008, 04:07 PM
Voted for Bucknor....

Dhakablues
January 22, 2008, 04:47 PM
Isnt Bucknor and Rafique buddies? thats what it seemed like whenever he umpired during Test series. I think the worst umpires we got were Ashoka and Peter Parker. The best we got, I guess was, Aleem Darr.. offcourse he is one of the best umpires around.

Shobha
January 22, 2008, 05:16 PM
This has got absoulutely nothing to do with this thread but i thought i should just say that it is now 10.10pm tuesday 22nd janury 2008 and i'm highly spirited
WHY? check out the signature:lol::lol:

BD Tigers
January 22, 2008, 07:11 PM
I like Bucknor and I think this time he will be 110% sure before he gives out, so for BD, its a good news.

PS: Rafique loves Bucknor. Anybody saw him huggin and saluting him after a match. Not sure which one tho.

Rifat
January 22, 2008, 08:33 PM
Added your Ashoka option ;)

I voted "care less" option. I don't think its an issue. You can go so far with "Umpire's fault"...

Unless we play right; no umpire in the world can help us!

very good post! so true! but we should take note that umpiring decisions mostly go against us and in one case cost us historic upsets in the most unlikely fashion! (Multan test 2003, anyone?)! INdia versus Bangladesh 2007 may 10th anyone, we blame bashar for setting up a defensive field setting and lose a match that should have been ours, i think a good couple of incorrect umpire decisions affected the final result, even let's say dhoni was out and we lost by let's say a wicket.

on second note, in certain cases umpiring decisions helped us by a huge margin then we can possibly imagine.

despite what happened recently, i still feel Bucknor is one the best unfair umpire in the world, perhaps it is the old age.

AsifTheManRahman
January 22, 2008, 09:40 PM
Doesn't really matter. Getting hit on the pad because one couldn't negotiate with the incoming delivery or slashing at one that moves away from the body with feet planted on the crease are as good as getting out anyways.

Sovik
January 22, 2008, 10:47 PM
who the hell voted for ashoka?

Bucknor or no Bucknor whoppin is coming

Ahmed_B
January 22, 2008, 10:59 PM
Umpiring decisions can have an impact after you have scored 8 out of 10 in terms of quality... i.e. the last 2 grades. But when you consistantly keep scoring 3/4 outta 10.. I do care very very less!

Our batsmen actually make the umpire tired of raising his finger! He doesnt need to make wrong calls... we keep do our best to keep him busy making so many right calls alredy!

wiseshah
January 23, 2008, 12:19 AM
I want Bucknor.

i agree with Miraz. sure it could be a good excuse for us. But Big no for ashoka de silva

cricket_king
January 23, 2008, 12:40 AM
I'd say he would've been aware that he's under the radar. He'll probably be more careful this time around. Might as well give him another go since umpires have to be involved in cricket.

kalpurush
January 23, 2008, 01:03 AM
we should be more concerned with the way our cricket is played and not how it is judged.
In cricket, you do NOT have much chances if you are out against a bad decision. One or two wrong decisions might change the fate of the game. :waiting:

kalpurush
January 23, 2008, 01:10 AM
despite what happened recently, i still feel Bucknor is one the best unfair umpire in the world, perhaps it is the old age.
???:umm:

BD-Shardul
January 23, 2008, 01:42 AM
Our batsmen actually make the umpire tired of raising his finger! He doesnt need to make wrong calls... we keep do our best to keep him busy making so many right calls alredy!

Umpireder ki magna poisa dimu naki? Our batters give umpires a run for their money. :lol:

Sohel
January 23, 2008, 02:26 AM
No Bucknor (time to retire).
No El Gordo (incompetent).
No Asoka (imbecile, beyond incompetent).

ICC needs to have higher standards for its panel of International umpires, and innovations like "player's challenge" as in tennis can only help them make better decisions in the end.

Then again, it may be interesting to test our depth by having Asoka at the other end and El Gordo as the 3rd umpire looking at hazy images upstairs ... >:)

Rabz
January 23, 2008, 04:29 AM
Doesnt really matter.
Bucknor or no Bucknor, our players would still be at thier old antics.

arifur81
January 23, 2008, 07:20 AM
I want Bucknor.

I am 100% with Miraz bahi, in Bucknors's umpiring time this is the only game went wrong. (Best of my Knowledge):)

zainab
January 23, 2008, 07:33 AM
Maybe Bucknor should be given the benefit of the doubt. I am sure that he will be very careful, cause he is under the radar now.

lamisa
January 23, 2008, 09:14 AM
Maybe Bucknor should be given the benefit of the doubt. I am sure that he will be very careful, cause he is under the radar now.

spot on

LateCut
January 23, 2008, 09:35 AM
Bucknor will reserve his poor decisions to work for BD and against SA. After the game we should pitch in to feed him kachchi biriany.

Kabir
January 23, 2008, 10:15 AM
T_E bhai,

Very bad poll I would say. You should've allowed us to select BOTH:

"I do not want Bucknor" and "Bucknor or no Bucknor whoppin is coming"

They're not either or...they're not dependent either...BUT...

:D

Tigers_eye
January 23, 2008, 11:34 AM
T_E bhai,

Very bad poll I would say. You should've allowed us to select BOTH:

"I do not want Bucknor" and "Bucknor or no Bucknor whoppin is coming"

They're not either or...they're not dependent either...BUT...

:D
I have enrolled in shams poll making course. Care to join me? :-D

For the current bad poll choose the one which has more letters!!

Kabir
January 23, 2008, 11:47 AM
I have enrolled in shams poll making course. Care to join me? :-D

For the current bad poll choose the one which has more letters!!

Guru...I already chose "NO BUCKNOR" :D

But if there were two choices...you know what I would choose :)

Kabir
January 23, 2008, 11:50 AM
BTW...guru...is that a crash course? what's the fees? gov't loan available? ;)

Moshin
January 23, 2008, 11:52 AM
http://im.rediff.com/cricket/2004/mar/04title.jpg
..... I agree!!!

akabir77
January 23, 2008, 02:27 PM
I am for Bucknor... he is still the best.

Nocturnal
January 23, 2008, 03:19 PM
I have met Bucknor in year 2000. He showed up to Dhaka University "Jagannath Hall Ground" in a inter dept. cricket final. I was playing in that match. Lunch time we talk with him and took photos :) He seems like a very nice person in general. Bucknor was in dhaka for some teaching in the Umpires coaching courses for allmost two weeks by the way.

Ishtylish cricketer
January 23, 2008, 07:32 PM
Ok Bucknor's too old. It's bad enough that our players will play foolishly to get out they don't need umpires to give the out falsely because we just won't recover. Also for our bowlers it would bad as well because with his poor vision he may also make incorrect decisions and rob our bowlers their wickets. As it is we have trouble getting people we definitely don't need that guy to prevent us from getting some wickets or some runs for batsman. Most important of all NO MORE ASHOKA DE SILVA. Freaking guy cost us many times. Both Bucknor and Ashoka should retire.

reyme
January 23, 2008, 07:53 PM
I say no umpires what so ever. which means no one out there to give out to our beloved batsmen.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
Bucknor's decisions did come back and haunt us. Total of three outs. I don't think anything went against SA at all. Rafiq's 1st innings, HB and Mushi's 2nd innings. Specially Mushi's his bat was no where near.

Except the 17 who chose No Buck-dude, how are the rest of my BC friends doing today? (Had to rub it in)

reyme
February 25, 2008, 12:47 PM
I am afraid most poeple at BC care any less about umpiring! This is stunning! We talk about failures of bastmen, bowlers, selectors all the time. How in the earth we will ever win with these insane decisions against us?

If it was not for Ashoka, we won against pakis
If it was not for an umpire BD almost draw agaist IND with Ash's 158
There are so many examples, nobody brings out umpire as an excuse.

No matter how good we comes we can never win a match with this biased umpires around..

reyme
February 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
There was a joke at Prothom Alo:

Cricket macth between Heaven and Hell.
All the cricket legends are in the heaven.
Hell said: we would still win, we have all the umpires.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2008, 12:54 PM
Biased umpiring is part of the game. I have been accepting that fact for the last 30+ years of watching/listening to cricket. Every home team gets the benefit all the time even in this day and age with neutral umpires (ashes series, india-pak series, every where). It is only US who don't get the benefit becuase we get to have the worse umpires from the thinly numbered umpires who are biased to the superior team and succumbs to their pressure (Ponting's antic at Dhaka). Great that Ashoka didn't pass his umpiring test/exam. One less incompetant biased umpire out of the way.

auntu
February 26, 2008, 06:09 AM
Bucky or no Bucky Batting is the question..

zainab
February 26, 2008, 08:25 AM
Bucknor has again messed up in favour of SA.

ICC should really tell him that it is time to go now.

Shobha
February 26, 2008, 08:34 AM
Bucky or no Bucky Batting is the question..

exactly. i dont know why everyone venting their frustrations on bucknor, the decisions went both ways.