PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh U19s vs Nepal U19s

ahaque
January 23, 2008, 10:36 PM
I know the match is taking place in Khulna but does anyone know where i can find the scorecard or commentary. cricinfo says not available.

prabin
January 23, 2008, 11:10 PM
I am a Nepalese Cricket Fan. and our team is playing against Bangladeshi team today which may be already started.

what is happening there? anyone please update the scores of this match.

cricket_king
January 23, 2008, 11:18 PM
Tigercricket.com might be the only site giving regular updates. You'll probably have to wait till after the match to get the results.

One World
January 23, 2008, 11:39 PM
Score CHaaaaaaaaaaai! Oh Academy team won their first match against HongKong, I guess its already known to most of you.

al Furqaan
January 23, 2008, 11:43 PM
I am a Nepalese Cricket Fan. and our team is playing against Bangladeshi team today which may be already started.

welcome to the forum, prabin...i believe you are the first Nepali here!

I for one am a fan of Nepali cricket, though i don't know anything about it. i feel that the asian countries have a duty to help Nepal...i think Nepal is strong enough to push for a world cup spot.

is cricket quite popular in Nepal???

kalpurush
January 24, 2008, 12:16 AM

Welcome to Bangla Cricket, Parbin. :-D

Antora
January 24, 2008, 12:22 AM

welcome to BC :)

prabin
January 24, 2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks guys!

Cricket is very popular in Nepal. Actually it was thought that football is the most playing game before but it is changing, and Cricket is taking the place of football. If u go to Nepal, u can easily find kids playing cricket in the street anywhere.

If u want to know about our cricket u can find it in www.cricket.com.np or http://www.cricket.com.np/fanclub/

And most importantly for now... what is the score? I am dieing for it....

Dhruvo
January 24, 2008, 01:11 AM
damn!,the game might be showing up on Btv of bd,bad for some of our friends posting from other countries.

al Furqaan
January 24, 2008, 01:11 AM
Thanks guys!

Cricket is very popular in Nepal. Actually it was thought that football is the most playing game before but it is changing, and Cricket is taking the place of football. If u go to Nepal, u can easily find kids playing cricket in the street anywhere.

If u want to know about our cricket u can find it in www.cricket.com.np (http://www.cricket.com.np) or http://www.cricket.com.np/fanclub/

10 years ago, we were in the same place.

Rabz
January 24, 2008, 01:31 AM
Welcome to BC Prabin, you are indeed our first Nepalese member.

From my personal encounters, the Nepalese are one of the nicest people around.
...and good luck with your cricket.

Hopefully in 10 years time, we'd be seeing a Nepalese team in the international arena.

bd_cricket
January 24, 2008, 02:19 AM
BD gave a target of 303 to Nepal.
Source - NTV single line scroll news

cricket_king
January 24, 2008, 02:24 AM
Excellent batting by our boys. Some big totals are essential for Bangladesh's confidence.

BD-Shardul
January 24, 2008, 02:45 AM
Thanks guys!

If u want to know about our cricket u can find it in www.cricket.com.np or http://www.cricket.com.np/fanclub/

Welcome to BC, Prabin.

Actually Nepalese are very interested in cricket, and also Nepal have many talented cricketer. But unfortunately, Nepal doesn't spend much money in cricket. The company where my father works now, a Nepalese came, named Santos, who was the wicketkeeper in Nepal U-19. He left cricket because

(1) Players are not treated well. He said they even had to bat or keep wicket without guard or pad.

(2) Cricket as a means of livlihood is not attractive.

Really feel sad for those talented Nepalese cricketers.

prabin
January 24, 2008, 02:56 AM
Thanks bd_cricket for the score!

but very sorry story in the scorecard as being Nepalese Fan.
Certainly, very good batting display by Bangladeshi Batsmen. Where we could see our bowlers have not good time there. Our Nepalese side is always known as a bowling side rather than batting. If bowling cant do anything then no hope from Batting as well.

Nevermind, we are playing against a test playing country and it is only practice match for the upcoming Youth World Cup where we are facing aussies and lankan in the group matches and that is the matters most.

hopin our players learn quickly from this match and come back strongly in next game.

cricket_king
January 24, 2008, 03:02 AM

Certainly, very good batting display by Bangladeshi Batsmen. Where we could see our bowlers have not good time there. Our Nepalese side is always known as a bowling side rather than batting. If bowling cant do anything then no hope from Batting as well.

Nevermind, we are playing against a test playing country and it is only practice match for the upcoming Youth World Cup where we are facing aussies and lankan in the group matches and that is the matters most.

hopin our players learn quickly from this match and come back strongly in next game.

Keep your hopes up buddy. Just keep reminding yourself that you're playing Bangladesh here...

prabin
January 24, 2008, 03:15 AM
Hellow Shardul

If is very sad to Nepalese cricket, we lack financial support which is very essential for the development of any game. Our players starts playing cricket in are early age and continue till end of teenage then they face economical problems so they could not concertrate on cricket as before. which you could see our age level cricket is strong as test nation but seniors are nowhere near to it. Our U19 team is winning ACC Cup for the forth time after Bangladesh left play there and It is our fifth consucative appearance in Youth World Cup where we defeated South Africa twice in diffirent wc, once to Pakistan, New Zealand and Bangaladesh as well.
So, we could say, we have lots of talent to show but we fail in money matter.
But I am sure that this thing will not be remain same. we will come strongly in World Cricket in near future.

Nocturnal
January 24, 2008, 03:52 AM
Just checked the NTV headline news(at the bottom) and they still saying BD-U19 gave a 303 run target to Nepal U-19 team; most likely Nadimuddin Mintu got a hundred. Nepal is batting now and NTV doesn't have any score so far...damn! Tiger cricket is dead as usual by the way.

taklima_naj
January 24, 2008, 05:20 AM
Hellow Shardul

If is very sad to Nepalese cricket, we lack financial support which is very essential for the development of any game. Our players starts playing cricket in are early age and continue till end of teenage then they face economical problems so they could not concertrate on cricket as before. which you could see our age level cricket is strong as test nation but seniors are nowhere near to it. Our U19 team is winning ACC Cup for the forth time after Bangladesh left play there and It is our fifth consucative appearance in Youth World Cup where we defeated South Africa twice in diffirent wc, once to Pakistan, New Zealand and Bangaladesh as well.
So, we could say, we have lots of talent to show but we fail in money matter.
But I am sure that this thing will not be remain same. we will come strongly in World Cricket in near future.

Just be with ur team and one day they will make ur dream true even we Bangladeshis fans live with dreams that one day we will play good consistantly.

Thanks for joining and visiting our forum.

nsd3
January 24, 2008, 07:13 AM
BD U-19 Vs Nepal U-19
BD U-19 302/4 </B> Over -50; Mithun 142, Nadimuddin 118; Paras 2/40, Amrit 2/53
Nepal U-19 191/8 </B> Over -50; Anil 48, Paras 36, Gyanendra 27; Saikat 1/18, Kibria 1/18, Dollar 1/24
Bangladesh Under-19 won by 111 runs (First one-day; Venue-NOS; Toss-Nepal U19; Date-24 January 2008)

Source: Tigercricket.com

prabin
January 24, 2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the scorecard

cud i get full scorecard

Dhruvo
January 24, 2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the scorecard

cud i get full scorecard

well for that you have to go to:http://www.tigercricket.com

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the scorecard

cud i get full scorecard
At this point non of cricket database sites have posted the full scorecard.

AsifTheManRahman
January 24, 2008, 10:05 AM
welcome to the forum, prabin...i believe you are the first Nepali here!

We've had a few before. But that was a long time ago. Back in 2004.

Eshen
January 24, 2008, 10:14 AM
Full scorecard -

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/158/158299.html

sadi
January 24, 2008, 10:42 AM
It looks like Bangladesh didn't play their main eleven (Rubel, Suvashish, Rony). I see a lot of new names in the lineup which is definitely a good move. This is the right time to give some of the youngesters a break since they have been playing cricket non-stop for a while now and at the same time, they can see how strong the bench is. None of the new kids did anything special though.

akabir77
January 24, 2008, 10:47 AM
BD U-19 Vs Nepal U-19
BD U-19 302/4 Over -50; Mithun 142, Nadimuddin 118; Paras 2/40, Amrit 2/53
Nepal U-19 191/8 Over -50; Anil 48, Paras 36, Gyanendra 27; Saikat 1/18, Kibria 1/18, Dollar 1/24
Bangladesh Under-19 won by 111 runs (First one-day; Venue-NOS; Toss-Nepal U19; Date-24 January 2008)

Source: Tigercricket.com

I think this is the first time in any sort of cricket bd has scored so much with so few wickets... well done boys i mean cubs...:notworthy:

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2008, 10:47 AM
hmm!! 10 players bowled for BD. Why? There is no running up the score in Cricket, is there? Is rubel okay? why did he not play?

detroitpagla
January 24, 2008, 11:04 AM
I was wondering about the speed of Rubel? Wasn't he the guy from Grameen Phone Pacer Hunt? If it's same Rubel then his speed should be around 82-85 mph. Also, Shuvo the sylhety mostan howz he? Dolar looks like a good bowler!

Eshen
January 24, 2008, 11:08 AM
I say they should rest Mithun for next two matches (preserve him for WI series and WC), let Amit and Saikat open, and let Ashiqul to keep wicket.

akabir77
January 24, 2008, 11:09 AM
hmm!! 10 players bowled for BD. Why? There is no running up the score in Cricket, is there? Is rubel okay? why did he not play?

Captain probably gave nepalies a break... you know the time when wasti use to ball against us... like that

AsifTheManRahman
January 24, 2008, 11:14 AM
you know the time when wasti use to ball against us... like that

that's probably what happened. it's only a practice match and the guys have been playing a lot in recent times anyways.

Ahmed_B
January 24, 2008, 11:16 AM
Welcome aboard Prabin! :)

DJ Sahastra
January 24, 2008, 11:17 AM
Guys, what's with the craze of Dollars in BD.

I frequently keep coming across players with names like "Dollar Mahmood", "Dollar" etc.

lamisa
January 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
gud on ya cubs!!!!!!!!!wow,such a high score with so low a fall of wickets!??!!!
JOY BANGLA

akabir77
January 24, 2008, 11:28 AM

I frequently keep coming across players with names like "Dollar Mahmood", "Dollar" etc.

why you haven't heard about Rubel? I hear he is coming strong...

Just waiting for the Euro...

detroitpagla
January 24, 2008, 11:30 AM
Wat's with Dolar?
He is gonna be Mashrafe's replacement in two years. All BD player play really well during their first 10 series after that they suckkkkk.
Example: Alok Kopali
Rajin Saleh, S. Nafees, Sakib,
Actually all of our players suck

Dumb AshRaFool keeps promising in the media about performing better. I have 100% faith in him that he will score no higher then 30 runs against SA series...
Joy Bangla

Rabz
January 24, 2008, 12:15 PM

Waiting for that day mate.
Another sub continental team would be a great addition to World Cricket.

I have 100% faith in him that he will score no higher then 30 runs against SA series...

Is that aggregate total run at the end of the series, or 30 max in an innings?

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2008, 12:49 PM

1st welcome to BC Prabin.

Do not be demoralized by the score. Khulna pitch is as flat a pitch can be. There is nothing for the bowlers. Even BD could not get 10 wickets when Nepal was facing an almost impossible target to chase. I think they performed well considering the foreign condition. For the youth WC, you are up against it. Both SL and Aus are very competitive. You might want to visit the "road to kuala Lampur" thread to know more about their recent performances.

Winning the toss and batting puts the pressure on the opponents in this ground.

Eshen
January 24, 2008, 12:55 PM
Khulna pitch is as flat a pitch can be. There is nothing for the bowlers. Even BD could not get 10 wickets when Nepal was facing an almost impossible target to chase.
According to tigercricket, the match was played on NOS - Narayanganj Osmani Stadium. The pitch here was reported to be bouncy during NCL.

Our captain actually did not try to take all ten wickets.

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2008, 01:14 PM
According to tigercricket, the match was played on NOS - Narayanganj Osmani Stadium. The pitch here was reported to be bouncy during NCL.

Our captain actually did not try to take all ten wickets.
You are correct about the stadium. The match was originally scheduled at Khulna though. cricketarchive and cricinfo has the venue wrong. For some reason the match was shifted from Khulna to Fatullah.
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=20454

al Furqaan
January 24, 2008, 01:28 PM

Dollar Mahmood, and Ruble Hossain...

next we will have Taka Farid, Yen Ali, Paisa Ghosh, Mohammad Dinar, and Shekel Shakil...

Orion
January 24, 2008, 02:29 PM
Dollar will earn a lot of $ once he gets into the national team......thats the logic behind his name.

akabir77
January 24, 2008, 02:56 PM
Dollar will earn a lot of $ once he gets into the national team......thats the logic behind his name.

Wonder why pilot didn't fly any planes though?:-D

Nocturnal
January 24, 2008, 02:58 PM
Good win :)

Eshen
January 24, 2008, 03:17 PM
You are correct about the stadium. The match was originally scheduled at Khulna though. cricketarchive and cricinfo has the venue wrong. For some reason the match was shifted from Khulna to Fatullah.
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=20454
Well, I see no reason to complain why the match was not played on a flat pitch of Khulna.

Fatullah pitch was probably not that bowler unfriendly, at least not in the morning. Nepal invited us to bat and got two early wickets. Nepali captain Paras Khadka got a decent bowling figure of 2 for 40, but his teammates failed to support him.

Antora
January 24, 2008, 05:51 PM
WOOT WOOT! we won! :D

Dawah
January 24, 2008, 05:52 PM
Who are the top players of BD U-19 team?

al Furqaan
January 24, 2008, 07:12 PM
Who are the top players of BD U-19 team?

boy akh, you've been gone a while. good to see you back.

we have a decent group. dollar, rubel (who is said to be fairly quick), and shuvo are the pacers. i dont' think we have a spinner of note.

batsmen aren't that good, but mithun, rony talukdar, and nadimuddin seem OK.

kalpurush
January 25, 2008, 02:39 AM

I would say Nepal did very well in this match. Even Australian National team could be failed to chase this score in BD pitch!

zainab
January 25, 2008, 08:40 AM
England U19 beat pakistan U19.

sadi
January 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
boy akh, you've been gone a while. good to see you back.

we have a decent group. dollar, rubel (who is said to be fairly quick), and shuvo are the pacers. i dont' think we have a spinner of note.

batsmen aren't that good, but mithun, rony talukdar, and nadimuddin seem OK.

Captain Shuvo is a left arm spinner. I guess you confused him with Shuvashish who is a good prospect. In batting, Mahmudul Hasan and Marshall Ayub in the middle order are doing pretty well.

abu2abu
January 25, 2008, 10:27 AM
I've just seen the scorecard, the BD bowling is unbelievable. I think shuvo used 9 bowlers!

The only batsman who didn't bowl was the keeper mithun...

clueless
January 25, 2008, 06:07 PM
i know i asked this question before..but can you tell me who is the current coach and manager of the under 19 team..?

Eshen
January 25, 2008, 06:26 PM
i know i asked this question before..but can you tell me who is the current coach and manager of the under 19 team..?
Coach: Nazmul Abedin (Fahim)
Manager: G. S. Hassan Chowdhury

al Furqaan
January 25, 2008, 08:17 PM
Coach: Nazmul Abedin (Fahim)
Manager: G. S. Hassan Chowdhury

de winter left? when did he leave???

Eshen
January 25, 2008, 08:37 PM
de winter left? when did he leave???
May last year. He joined the Tasmania team as the assistant coach.

prabin
January 25, 2008, 11:37 PM
what about today's match guys?

Sohel
January 26, 2008, 12:07 AM
Dollar Mahmood, and Ruble Hossain...

next we will have Taka Farid, Yen Ali, Paisa Ghosh, Mohammad Dinar, and Shekel Shakil...

:lol: ... Good ones Asaad. I actually know a local couple, originally from Kurhigram I think, who have named their son Uro (a typical "Rasel-ian" take on Euro rather than a fetish for the particular bodily function, no doubt). A sense of gratitude to the company that produces the cancer causing, liver pickling sugar-water of the same name.

Reminds me of a dancer by the name of Aquanetta I knew in Oakland.

One World
January 29, 2008, 11:41 AM
Euro as name. Next in the line is Bhaat Mohammad, Yen Khondokar and Rupaiya Chowdhury. LOL.