PDA

View Full Version : Should we go for experience or young blood or is it gonna be left out players ?

Dhruvo
January 24, 2008, 01:44 AM
hello guys,i have been seeing the players in the current bd team and most of them are'nt having a good time,so i need to know what you guys think,should we call back a few experienced players like:basher,khaled masud or javed omar,i wont mention rafique because he is already in the team,or will it still be our young bloods,or can we go out there with players like:nafis iqbal,tushar imran,al sahariar,mehrab hossain snr etc.,what's your opinion please vote in the poll that is provided.

wiseshah
January 24, 2008, 02:19 AM
i want more experienced players in the test side, so we wont have shameful defeat and players who can play longer innings, really dont care for boom boom afridi type in test matches

karimjay.
January 24, 2008, 02:23 AM
Unfortunately our boom boom players are scoring.

While our experience is not only not scoring well, but pulling us back down.

Periodd.

BD-Shardul
January 24, 2008, 02:47 AM
A good test team is a good combination of buiras and youngsters. Unfortunately, we are in a period, when all our buiras suddenly become ineffective. :(

Gowza
January 24, 2008, 03:05 AM
mixture of talented and consistent players imo. for the test team ehsanul should be brought in, and possibly nazimuddin. take rahim out and either bring in mashud or dhiman. some talents could be given a run in ODIs (e.g. raqibul hasan, naeem islam, imrul etc maybe even some of the u-19 fast bowlers), but maybe should be held off from the test team for a little while.

siddons should take a good look at talents like raqibul hasan, naeem islam, imrul, marhsall ayub, rubel hossain, dolar mahmud, roy etc. then it's up to him as to whether they're ready for international cricket and which format(s) they'd be successful in. although with the current batting woe's i'd really like to see the consistent domestic performers being given a chance since the talents don't seem to be improving, can't hurt to try them imo. for the bowlers i don't mind the current pace options but i think by the end of it all rubel, dolar and roy will end up better than some of the current options and if they're going to do an as good a job as the current unit then maybe they should be brought in sooner rather than later.

basically just pick the best team possible, but i think to find the best team possible they need to look at a few more players, that way they can not only map out the current direction for the team but also the future direction because they'll know the talent waiting in the wings and when to bring it into the fold.

jeesh
January 24, 2008, 04:02 AM
Good question to ask. See even those more experienced players who do well in the domestic league, and for A Team end up doing poorly when recalled to the National Team. Think Kapali, Tushar Imran, Mehrab Hossain, Shahriar Hossain, Hannan Sarker, Shahriar Nafees, Nafis Iqbal and the list goes on and on. These players came did reasonably well for a while and after that their game collapsed. Everytime they were recalled they failed.
Now we have a whole new list of batsmen with the likes of Junaid and Tamim.
This is one of the major problems i hope Siddons solves. We have the right talent, but they never mature.
So its hard to say whether we should go for experience or young blood or left out players.

taklima_naj
January 24, 2008, 05:33 AM
i want more experienced players in the test side, so we wont have shameful defeat and players who can play longer innings, really dont care for boom boom afridi type in test matches

Agreed, at least instead of Mushfique we need Pilot for the teast.

Dhruvo
January 24, 2008, 06:45 AM

so you are saying that experience is better than young blood ?,and do you want the left out players with the experienced ones ?

lamisa
January 24, 2008, 11:39 AM
i want xperienced,agrresive nd mainly IN FORM players.

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2008, 11:52 AM
I want two or three change max. The rest of them hold their position. Hoping home cooking will boost their performance.
In ODIs, dropping JO, bringing in Kayes as an extra. Just to get a feel what goes on in international matches. Include SN in the middle order.
In test, add Pilot, drop HB (he got his 3k runs) from the 11. 2nd test give him farewell while he remains as an extra.

Rabz
January 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
It would be a mix of young and old, fresh blood and experienced and the in-forms and has beens.

Bashar would probably retain his place, not because of his "good" form, but because the lack of others.

Pilot should be in for the tests.