PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Match: Bangladesh Under-19s v Nepal Under-19s at Savar, Jan 28, 2008

ahaque
January 27, 2008, 11:40 PM
Salaams,

Any Updates?

prabin
January 28, 2008, 01:36 AM
salaam guys

no updates for todays match

Tigermama
January 28, 2008, 04:26 AM
Hello every1 :wave:

Mohiul
January 28, 2008, 04:34 AM
welcome Tigermama

MarufH
January 28, 2008, 04:44 AM
Hello every1 :wave:

dont tell me u r our selector. If u r, get ready to be bashed.

mshakir56
January 28, 2008, 05:08 AM
Whats up people! How come tigercricket not providing hourly updates, atleast, for the bd cricket fans. I think they are worried about their server crash due to high volume of traffic, or the moderator is with ashraful in saint martins, having a blast! While we are suffocating! Wake up tigercricket.com!

Ishtylish cricketer
January 28, 2008, 05:59 AM
Nepal any good?

prabin
January 28, 2008, 06:09 AM
what do u mean?

what about...

Rabz
January 28, 2008, 07:23 AM
Nepal U19 Vs Bangladesh U19
Nepal U19- 109</B> Over - 38.1 (Pushpa 25, Paras 17; Rubel 3/19, Sohrawardi 3/9, Shakil 2/14)

Bangladesh U19- 113/7</B> Over - 36 (Mithun Ali 30, Mahmudul Hasan 19, Rubel Hossain 14*; Rahul 3/19, Abhay 2/20)

3rd one-day match at the BKSP; Date: 28 Jan. 08;
Toss: Nepal U 19;
Result: BD U 19 won by 3 wkts;
Note: Match curtailed to 39 overs due to wet outfield

Congrats to the boys for the clean sweep...

Looking forward to WI now...

Miraz
January 28, 2008, 07:51 AM
Good game by the Nepali boys. I am not very happy to see 7 wickets down to chase a modest 110.

Nepal boys should take a lot of positives from their performance.

Anyway a win is always a win!

Congrats to our boys for the clean sweep.

mshakir56
January 28, 2008, 07:56 AM
Congrats to the young tigers! They have achieved the expected results. Wining the series against nepal was expected due to the fact that prior to this series, we won the series in pakistan, then won the series against srilanka, then against south africa. I would rank bangladesh as # 2 only behind india. If our batting becomes little bit better, we should win the u19 world cup. Even though we won today against nepal, our batting was terrible. We lost 7 wickets, chasing 100 odd runs. Simply Not acceptable!

Rabz
January 28, 2008, 08:04 AM
Even though we won today against nepal, our batting was terrible. We lost 7 wickets, chasing 100 odd runs. Simply Not acceptable!

Just let us take a second before criticizing, shall we?

Its been raining pretty heavily last few days all over Bangladesh.
you bet the field was heavy and the conditions were ideal for bowling.
(hint: match already reduced to 39 overs)

it was less than perfect condition and i guess the boys did well not to chock.

mshakir56
January 28, 2008, 10:16 AM
I hope you understand the fact that we need to improve our batting a great deal. I also hope that you followed the one day tri-angular series also involving india and south africa, where our batting was dissapointing. We were scoring below 200 where as india was scoring above 250 on the same pitch. The series against srilanka at home, most of our scores were very low, and there wasnt any rain affecting those pitches. Does that tell you something about our batting strength. There is always room for improvements. We cant just sit back and think that we are perfect.

ahaque
January 28, 2008, 10:18 AM
congrats to the baby tigers on a clean sweep. i agree with miraz, nepal should def take some positives out of this. to get 7 wickets off 91 runs i must say is pretty impressive.

lamisa
January 28, 2008, 11:05 AM
congratz cubz!!!!!!!but all da same-batting is HORRIBLE

Dhakablues
January 28, 2008, 12:00 PM
It seems an obvious trend that Bangladeshis are never that good in batting. From U19 to U-30, our batsman are always failing to be consistent or collapse all together during middle order. This has been going on since the 70s and still exists even after we have BKSPs, Age group competitions, continuous tournaments, etc. etc. I wonder if this could be an area of research,, why is it that Bangladeshis are never good in batting on a long spread and limited within the magical <230 runs... Is there a psychological reason for this hypothesis?

Rabz
January 28, 2008, 12:13 PM
I hope you understand the fact that we need to improve our batting a great deal. I also hope that you followed the one day tri-angular series also involving india and south africa, where our batting was dissapointing. We were scoring below 200 where as india was scoring above 250 on the same pitch. The series against srilanka at home, most of our scores were very low, and there wasnt any rain affecting those pitches. Does that tell you something about our batting strength. There is always room for improvements. We cant just sit back and think that we are perfect.

Yes, you are right, there is always room for improvement and we should explore all different angles to do so...

but a little reminder, this boys scored 303/4 only just a couple of days ago against the same team when the conditions were much much ideal for cricket.

...so may be there batting isnt that fickle as you might suggest.....

and who said we are perfect.... if we were, we'd be winning the world cups, wouldnt we?

and india scoring 250+ ? may be its the simple fact that they are a better team than ours... which really isnt surprising given the shere size of the pool they could pluck from.....

kalpurush
January 28, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yes, you are right, there is always room for improvement and we should explore all different angles to do so...

but a little reminder, this boys scored 303/4 only just a couple of days ago against the same team when the conditions were much much ideal for cricket.

and who said we are perfect.... if we were, we'd be winning the world cups, wouldnt we?

and india scoring 250+ ? may be its the simple fact that they are a better team than ours... which really isnt surprising given the shere size of the pool they could pluck from.....
Very well said...:-D
Hope, they would bring some pride by reaching the semi...of WC.

Rabz
January 28, 2008, 01:17 PM
Very well said...:-D
Hope, they would bring some pride by reaching the semi...of WC.

Thanks Boss.

mshakir56
January 28, 2008, 01:50 PM
It seems an obvious trend that Bangladeshis are never that good in batting. From U19 to U-30, our batsman are always failing to be consistent or collapse all together during middle order. This has been going on since the 70s and still exists even after we have BKSPs, Age group competitions, continuous tournaments, etc. etc. I wonder if this could be an area of research,, why is it that Bangladeshis are never good in batting on a long spread and limited within the magical <230 runs... Is there a psychological reason for this hypothesis?

You are right. They never seem to learn. I am sure they will learn one day, but who knows when that particular day will come. Cricket is a mind game, and accordiny to my humble theory, 90% of cricket is played within our brain. The remaining 10% is using our muscles to to execute the plans. I think we are mentally weak, compared to other test teams. Our mental approach to the game of cricket isnt great. When we start batting, we bat as if we want to score 300 runs, rather then making sure that we get around 250.

mshakir56
January 28, 2008, 02:00 PM

If you read my earlier posts, you would clearly see that I have rated the current Bangladesh U19 team as #2 in the world, only behind India. Nobody is dissing bangladesh here. We all love Bangladesh and the great game of cricket.
BTW, You are the one who started complaining when I asked for better performance from our batsmen. Which made me think that you thought we are the world champions. If we are not Mr. perfect, then whats wrong with me suggesting that we need to improve our batting. I just dont get it. How many times this U19 team scored 250 or above? Only once. That sort of performance might be good enough for you, but certainly not enough for me. We all have different tastes, you know. I might like chicken curry, and you on the other hand might prefer half cooked fried chicken.

taklima_naj
January 28, 2008, 02:06 PM
You are right. They never seem to learn. I am sure they will learn one day, but who knows when that particular day will come. Cricket is a mind game, and accordiny to my humble theory, 90% of cricket is played within our brain. The remaining 10% is using our muscles to to execute the plans. I think we are mentally weak, compared to other test teams. Our mental approach to the game of cricket isnt great. When we start batting, we bat as if we want to score 300 runs, rather then making sure that we get around 250.

competely agreed

BanCricFan
January 28, 2008, 03:10 PM
Very poor and worrying performance by the cubs! They are still messing about with the batting line up. Mithun was batting at 5....it tells that they still don't know who is batting where and the World Cup is just three weeks down the road!!! First- out of nowhere- they penciled in Amit, Shaikat and Ashiq and now still continuing experimenting with the batting line-up. When will they (management) learn? India U19 has their set batting line-up for over a year now!

All of a sudden, I'm not all that optimistic about our chances in Malaysia. Our batting will let us down!

Ajfar
January 28, 2008, 06:25 PM
when we playing next??

zia
January 28, 2008, 07:22 PM
As long as the Bhut from the elder brothers (Tigers) don't land on the cub's batting, it is ok. But definitely we need to bat consistent and over 200+ in all 50 over matches.

Russell2k7
January 28, 2008, 08:09 PM
Batting wise they very weak, which is where we should seek to improve. When was the last time U-19 team won the match due to their batting? It's always the bowlers.

Farhad
January 28, 2008, 08:17 PM
Batting wise they very weak, which is where we should seek to improve. When was the last time U-19 team won the match due to their batting? It's always the bowlers.

Just the previous game actually. Not the best time time to ask that question :)

I'll reserve my thoughts until the next game. Thyey may very well have been playing in unplayable conditions. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for this one...

Russell2k7
January 28, 2008, 11:20 PM
Just the previous game actually. Not the best time time to ask that question :)

I'll reserve my thoughts until the next game. Thyey may very well have been playing in unplayable conditions. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for this one...

Thats still pretty much with bowling too. You guys must be thinking 302 against Nepal is like huge deal or something. Beside that match what else? They win most of the games they play but every time it's the bowlers who win them the matches. So, batting wise it's still pretty much same old story.

BD-Shardul
January 29, 2008, 01:12 AM
We even wobble to beat Nepal (no disrespect to Nepal). Dhurrrrrrrr

mshakir56
January 29, 2008, 03:23 AM
How does a batsman gets out in a game of Cricket? Answer: A batsman gets out purely because of his Shot selection ! Not because of the pitch. A batsman gets out, because of the way he decides to play a particular delivery. The pitch doesn't tell the batsman to poke at a delivery, or to Play an uppish drive over mid-on. I think you guys would agree with me. Guys if the pitch was so bad, then how come Rubel Hossain became the third highest scorer with a score of 14 runs. Most of our top order batsmen couldnt even score Half of the runs Rubel Hossain ( fast bowler ) scored. That tells me that our batsman are always responsible for their own destruction. Its called self destruction. Do you guys remember when Bangladesh National team scored 300 odd runs against Kenya, in a one day match in Bangladesh, where Rajin Saleh scored a century, I think. Did that single innings of 300 make us a good batting side? heck no. The only downpoint of our national team is their batting. The same goes for our U-19 team. Just because they score 300 runs against Nepal, doesn't make them a great batting side. The third match against Nepal brought us down to Earth. Which tells us that we really need to improve our battting.

Dhakablues
January 29, 2008, 04:02 AM
I think Bangladesh team fails with batting due to their mental ability. Anthropoligically/Culturally/socially even religioulsy, we are never encouraged to be proud or confident with what we can do. We always second guess ourselves, leave it up to fate or become humble and polite. Or do the opposite,, Dhum Dharakka batting to clear our fear out. Its never the calm, confident and clinical approach of finish that we are are best known for. Think why Indian U19 team is so good,, its not because they have super genius player but what they have are some good players who calculates the game, applies their skills and collectively brings the match. Versus, teams like Bangladesh or Pakistan are either following Inzamam/Asharaful style of flamboyuant shots of 4s or 6s or score nothing. I dont want to take away credit from Nepal or Srilanka but I think we need to infuse of patience, nerve and mathematics inside our young players mind where they can think of playing the allocated overs with measured approach than the HariKiri/fast tracked approach.. Players need to work harder on their technique not only physically but also mentally. Only then we can be competitive against likes of India/Australia/Srilanka

prabin
January 29, 2008, 08:10 AM
Hi guys!

at last we have shown what is our class. I told here before that we are a bowling side rather than batting which is proved in this match.

I am very disappointed about to loose 2nd one day. which let us less preparation, if that match happened then the 3rd match's result would be more compatative.

Here, we missed out the experience with west indians. I dont understand why these matches are organise to diffirent to each other, can't they made it a tringular series better than bilataral series it would give teams more experience.
I dont know who missed on this matter. may be our team has to push Bangladeshi Board for it. Because this is the one and only preparation tour to youth world cup.

mshakir56
January 29, 2008, 08:24 AM
Hi guys!

at last we have shown what is our class. I told here before that we are a bowling side rather than batting which is proved in this match.

I am very disappointed about to loose 2nd one day. which let us less preparation, if that match happened then the 3rd match's result would be more compatative.

Here, we missed out the experience with west indians. I dont understand why these matches are organise to diffirent to each other, can't they made it a tringular series better than bilataral series it would give teams more experience.
I dont know who missed on this matter. may be our team has to push Bangladeshi Board for it. Because this is the one and only preparation tour to youth world cup.

You are right, Nepal bowlers bowled well in this match, but our bowlers are even better, which is why we won this match and also the series.

prabin
January 29, 2008, 08:31 AM
ya' i agree with u. ur team had performed well and deserve to win series.

but here is the fact that how much amount or time ur team has spent to prepare for the world cup and what about our team. Our team has only a month preparation camp and where ur team is travelling the world. then u can see what is the diffirence?

mshakir56
January 29, 2008, 08:39 AM

but here is the fact that how much amount or time ur team has spent to prepare for the world cup and what about our team. Our team has only a month preparation camp and where ur team is travelling the world. then u can see what is the diffirence?

You are absolutely spot on. As a Test playing nation, I feel that we have a duty to help other emerging nations, such as Nepal. I think CAN ( Cricket Association of Nepal ) should contact BCB ( Bangladesh Cricket Board ) to arrange more bilateral series between us, and maybe get Srilanka on board as well. Don't even try to contact India, cause the only thing Indian cricket board wants is lots and lots of cash. They don't like to play weaker cricketing nations. Same goes for Pakistan.

prabin
January 29, 2008, 08:50 AM
That's right
we are emerging in cricketing world with lots of talents but here comes the real fact. we are caught by financial back up. We do believe that we shud focus to try to play with Bangladeshi A team or other asian A teams but something is not moving right.

Now, we are ahead of World cup Qualifing round Div. 5 which is going to happen in Jersey in this may but nothing moving on there. We fan is pushing our CAN to do more on it but ...
if Bangladeshi A team travel to Nepal or invite our team for some matches then it would be wonderful for our cricket. we fans can only expect... nothing more

mshakir56
January 29, 2008, 09:17 AM
I think icc should help nepal financially. Plus CAN should try to find some good sponsors for the national team. Without the cash, cricket in nepal wont improve at a good pace. No doubt nepal has talent, but those talents needs to be groomed and coached properly. Tell us a bit about your coaching staff. Nepal national team should come to bangldesh and play against the bangladesh academy team or the bangladesh A team. Both the academy and A teams are strong. I think it will help if you play against better oppositions. The only way to improve is to play matches. I do have a propasal for you though. What do you think about nepal playing in our domestic competition. Ireland plays in englands domestic, zimbabwe in south africa, kenya in zimbabwe. So, why not nepal in bangladesh. I think it will be good international exposure to nepali players. Can should talk to bcb about it.

Tigers_eye
January 29, 2008, 09:29 AM
First, spoiled brats. Not the players but the BD fans.

Second, congrats to the Nepalese U-19 team for competing even with 113 on the board.

Third, the reason this is not a tri-series can be many.
1) WI board could not send their team earlier. Their willingness to play a tri-series etc..
2) Bd wants more games, seven games oppose to five at max.
3) Nepalese team will tour some where else or go back home for a refreshing break and prepare for the WC from zero.

These are all speculations by the way.

Kabir
January 29, 2008, 10:40 AM

I feel that the Nepali boys did a commendable job in the field. It was terrible for our boys, as they couldn't hold on too strongly. It shows that the Nepali boys are a well balanced group...and have some game plan.

For a Test playing country which is still at its ultimate worst, I don't think that our boys could have done much better. Although our U-19 is comparatively stronger than our senior players, they've got a lot to learn.

Good job...and keep up the good work Nepal U-19.

Kabir
January 29, 2008, 10:42 AM
The only way to improve is to play matches. I do have a propasal for you though. What do you think about nepal playing in our domestic competition. Ireland plays in englands domestic, zimbabwe in south africa, kenya in zimbabwe. So, why not nepal in bangladesh. I think it will be good international exposure to nepali players. Can should talk to bcb about it.

Who's CAN?

Anyway, I like this idea.

mshakir56
January 29, 2008, 11:39 AM
Who's CAN?

Anyway, I like this idea.

CAN ( Cricket Association of Nepal )
Having Nepals National team playing in our domestic tournament, will not only make our domestic competition more competitive, but also more attractive. But, it will help Nepal the most, because our domestic competition is pretty competitive. Hopefully BCB and CAN will discuss this matter in the near future.

prabin
January 30, 2008, 12:18 AM
Thanks guys for replies.

CAN is our national Board(Cricket Association of NEPAL)

Hellow Mshakir56, We will love to play in Bangladeshi league or with the A team or academy team. I will write about it to CAN and can u send any mail to ur board about it's regards...

mshakir56
January 30, 2008, 01:19 AM
I just sent an email to BCB about this matter. You can also feel free to send them emails. Visit the following webiste, where you will find corresponding contact details.
http://tigercricket.com/Contact.aspx Our Academy team just came back from a successful tour of Hong Kong, where they defeated the national team of Hong Kong. If they can travel all the way to Hong Kong, they why not trvael to our own backyard, Nepal. As far as I know, the cricket authorities in Hong Kong requested Bangladesh cricket board to send the Academy team to Hong which is why they went there. My point is that, CAN should take the intitiative to request BCB, or it will never happen.

prabin
January 30, 2008, 05:22 AM
Thanks for ur effort. good work.

offcourse, one has to go ahead for it, it may be CAN or me or U or even BCB but here CAN would be the best one. Afterall they are the authorised board.

I am also sending email to CAN, we have make it about last of March when we finished our national league and we choose our players for upcoming World League in Jersey.