PDA

View Full Version : Why won't more Bangladeshi's play for my team?

Polley
January 30, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I represent Ipswich Cricket Club in Suffolk, England. We have a large Asian-British/Bangladeshi community in Ipswich. I am certain this community must contain cricketing enthusiasts but very few, if any, play cricket locally. I cannot understand why?

Our club is only four years old and resulted from a merger of two big clubs. We have started a major project and currently run 8 teams over Saturdays and Sundays excluding junior teams, at our new ground.:callme: We want to build a legacy for Ipswich........a large cricketing super centre. We want the people of Ipswich to join and participate as members. We can accommodate all playing standards. If you know of anyone in this region who is mad keen on their cricket and want to join in with this project, please come forward.
www.ipswichcricketclub.co.uk

Adam Polley, Club Captain

akabir77
January 30, 2008, 10:55 AM
Wish i was there to join your club man. we have to drive 200 miles to play cricket in the parking lot here... dammm usa...

Rabz
January 30, 2008, 12:15 PM
Welcome to BC Polley.

I could play, if you agree to pay for my visa,ticket, accomodation,fooding,drinks, entertainment... i could fill in your spot for International recruit,...... ah...i better stop here..... cuz i cant promise you that i'd make more than a grand total of 10 runs, or pick any wicket.

...On a serious note,
Best of luck with your new team.

Ajfar
January 30, 2008, 02:18 PM
Wish i was there to join your club man. we have to drive 200 miles to play cricket in the parking lot here... dammm usa...

LOL..not around heree...baseball matherr ovav nai..

Rommel
January 30, 2008, 04:50 PM
Is ur team good?

abu2abu
January 31, 2008, 06:24 AM
I know some bangladeshis who livein ipswich. One in particular is a fine batsman, I shall give him the link...

Miraz
January 31, 2008, 06:44 AM
Hi Polley, Welcome to BanglaCricket and enjoy your stay here.

Are you interested only about the local Bangladeshi-British players?

If you are interested about Bangladeshi players as a whole, please let me know.

The cricket season of UK and Bangladesh are in different period of the year. I can help you to find some good Bangladeshi player who can play for your club.

Please let me know if I can be of any help to your club.