PDA

View Full Version : Smith may not tour Bangladesh.

Murad
January 31, 2008, 01:18 PM
Smith may not tour here
Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=21460)

If there was one thing that South Africa captain Graeme Smith would like to change about modern day cricket, it would be scheduling. So much so, he's ready to sit out the upcoming tour of Bangladesh in February-March.

"The biggest issue for us at the moment is definitely the schedule and trying to manage it," Smith was quoted as saying in an interview to Independent Online, a South African website.

"We are facing the prospect of three months on the subcontinent in a couple of months' time, which could be interesting."

South Africa won their recent home series against both New Zealand and South Africa and now come to Bangladesh to play two Tests and three one-day internationals from February 22. In March, they play three Test matches in India.

But Smith believes resting the likes of Jacques Kallis, Mark Boucher and himself would benefit the team in the long run.

"I would like to be rested for that (Bangladesh) tour! It's a tough one, but I think we should definitely consider resting players, particularly for the three one-dayers after the two Tests," said Smith.

"The wickets will spin square, they are going to make life as difficult as possible for us, and rightly so! It'll be a wonderful opportunity for some of the upcoming players to learn. It is being discussed now.

"I can't see that guys like Jacques (Kallis) and Mark (Boucher) will benefit from playing those games, but other players certainly could benefit. If we want players like Jacques to be around for the next World Cup, then we need to start managing them."

On a lighter note, Smith claimed that it is hard to date when one is a globetrotting cricketer.

"It is kind of hard to go on one date, have a nice dinner and then say: 'That was nice - what are you doing in six weeks' time? I'm going to Chittagong.'"

"I met someone recently who was great fun. Maybe I'll get the chance to catch up with her again in 2009!"

===============================
===============================

I say its good for us if these three don't play in the ODI matches. We could win the ODI series for sure.

Nafi
January 31, 2008, 01:24 PM
Guess he is that scared that his average will drop so sharply :lol: muahahaha :lol:

Pundit
January 31, 2008, 01:26 PM
Has he not heard - Rassel is still recuperating. Oh - maybe he did get the update that he is playing in one of the BCB trial teams.

Rabz
January 31, 2008, 01:31 PM
Ah..looks like she set a deadline.
Either take me out to dinner OR go to Bangladesh.
He can pick only one.

LateCut
January 31, 2008, 01:44 PM
Come on Smith! Find a Chatgaya maya! That will solve your problem.

We should post some pictures for his beneifit. Or perhaps hire a ghatak.

Tigers_eye
January 31, 2008, 01:49 PM
Good news one after another. First no Pollock for test then Smith pushing for the oldies to sit out. I am loving it. SBNS may rewrite history.

Murad
January 31, 2008, 01:54 PM
Come on Smith! Find a Chatgaya maya! That will solve your problem.

We should post some pictures for his beneifit. Or perhaps hire a ghatak.

lolzz
It will be better if he doesnt find a chatgaya maiya.. We don't want to see him playing. :D

Murad
January 31, 2008, 01:57 PM
Good news one after another. First no Pollock for test then Smith pushing for the oldies to sit out. I am loving it. SBNS may rewrite history.

I hope you are right, Mijan bhai. We need to win some ODIs.

Pollok was the main guy in the ODI team. Without him they will struggle, no doubts about it. He was also the guy who can play spin well along with Boucher and Kallis.

I really really hope they will be rested.:)

Beamer
January 31, 2008, 02:06 PM
Graeme Smith does and tends to give his wkt away in Bangladeshi style, more so, against bowlers of not highest quality. It is Kallis that I fear most. He will feast on dead pitches. Anyway we can keep Kallis from not showing up and send Smith instead? Their captain, however, will be a great challenge for the one dayers..

akabir77
January 31, 2008, 03:02 PM
Actually newer players will be bad for BD. cause we won't have any stats on the newer player and our bowlers r not that bright to figure it out in 2/3 overs. that's why you see the new opener against bd always scores 100... I hope he, kallis and all the others comes...

nasimul
January 31, 2008, 03:12 PM
Actually newer players will be bad for BD. cause we won't have any stats on the newer player and our bowlers r not that bright to figure it out in 2/3 overs. that's why you see the new opener against bd always scores 100... I hope he, kallis and all the others comes...

agreed with u

Moshin
January 31, 2008, 05:02 PM
Yes , no Pollock plus Graeme Smith out of the team that's a sign of relief for us aint it, we definetly might have a chance in against the Afrikaans, but Amla & Kallis look fired up for a wack off the bat, Rafique will see us through!

al Furqaan
January 31, 2008, 05:19 PM
i hope the full strenght side shows up for tests, they will to prep for the indians.

ODIs i'm less worried. we've already beaten their top side and a SA A team will mean we have a chance to win the series 2-1.

we need to win the series 2-1 if they rest some players.

Xavier
January 31, 2008, 06:32 PM
Any chance of Dale Steyn getting a flu before leaving for Bangladesh? :-D

Fazal
January 31, 2008, 06:45 PM

Don;t worry, he will get it after he arrive Bangladesh.

cricman
January 31, 2008, 07:12 PM
I actually read the real article, i thought he was being sarcastic ... he said it's gonna be a tough tour, I think the DS trying to make a story outta nothing

EDIT: DS actually quoted the entire thing minus the 1 laughter on the youngsters being clueless vs spin but SA are actually thinking about resting Kallis, Boucher and Smith, but Smith is young he should tour. At least were facing stern on our dead pitches.

mshakir56
January 31, 2008, 11:22 PM
I dont think sa board will be brave enough to drop their top three bat.

One World
January 31, 2008, 11:45 PM
Saw it in cricinfo, his quote about CTG came top at CI list :lol: single and denying his first love, yes I smell fear of heart-breaking.

Bengali Bum
February 1, 2008, 12:15 AM
Our batsmen better prepare well for Steyn.
That guy is a monster.
Hopefully we kick their arse.

mshakir56
February 1, 2008, 12:42 AM
We should pray that Ashraful has his eid day during this tour !

kalpurush
February 1, 2008, 01:19 AM
We should pray that Ashraful has his eid day during this tour !
there are some posibilities....get the budget ready!:D

Rabz
February 1, 2008, 05:17 AM
I thought Smith had a girlfirend, Minki Van der Westhuizen.
What happend to her?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,5300320,00.jpg

tiger_army
February 1, 2008, 07:34 AM
What happend to her?

hmm she is very hot... no wonder he wants to stay back in SA.... i think the date story he said was bull ****.. he just want to stay with her.....well Now Girls gona distroy cricket very soon just like other things.

Tintin
February 1, 2008, 07:49 AM
They broke off the relationship one or two years back.

cricket_king
February 1, 2008, 07:54 AM
Thaak...na khalai bhalo. Less chance of embarrassment.

Sohel
February 1, 2008, 11:48 AM
Graeme Smith just turned 27. Now watch him bat his best over the next 6 years and perhaps beyond. I expect him to end his career with 20 plus test and ODI 100s, VERY GOOD according to Sangakkara. Hall of fame stuff IMHO.

Amago khaubor achhe!

Sovik
February 1, 2008, 11:50 AM
What happend to her?

got someone better?

RazabQ
February 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
amazing that our own kind has also taken up going all ga ga over [বাংলা]স্বর্ন কেশি মহিলা[/বাংলা]s

AsifTheManRahman
February 1, 2008, 12:41 PM
Let's spin our way to glory!

Btw, Chittagong boasts some of our finest women, so I don't see what his problem is, if dating is his main concern :) Learn from Lou Bega, dude! http://www.hamienet.com/1606_I-Got-a-Girlfriend-Everywhere.mid (Didn't look hard enough to be able to find one with lyrics, but hopefully the music brings back memories for some).

Or learn from Ashraful (on the other extreme): Cricket amar ek matro bhalobasha, ei jonno ami prem kori na

Beamer
February 1, 2008, 04:04 PM
What happend to her?

Minky? What a name..

al Furqaan
February 1, 2008, 06:30 PM
hmm she is very hot... no wonder he wants to stay back in SA.... i think the date story he said was bull ****.. he just want to stay with her.....well Now Girls gona distroy cricket very soon just like other things.

she's not that hot...just pale skin and yellow hair...i've undressed better looking girls with my eyes...

now megan fox (the girl from transformers) is a gorgeous one.

zainab
February 2, 2008, 07:03 AM
Smith is the captain and it is not a question of IF. He has to be with the team even if he does not play. I think he feels that after their victories against the Windians, BD is a pushover. IMO, the Windians even though they lost, put up a good fight. It was more a pushover against the Kiwis.
They are the NO2 team in the world and BD is NO 9. I think that BD will give them a harder time than the Windians.

Rabz
February 2, 2008, 01:44 PM
Minky? What a name..

whats in a name?
" a rose by any other name would still smell the same..."

with a face like that....

bdchamp20
February 3, 2008, 08:40 AM
Pollock is retired from ODIs, and if SA decide to leave senior players like Smith, Kallis, Boucher and Gibbs out BD should really challenge SA but they have to look out for players like Steyn, Duminy, Morkel and Harris...and oh yeh Nel got injured during today's match against WI hope he doesnt get fit until BD series

lamisa
February 3, 2008, 10:47 AM
haire,meye ki bdte kom ase?

zainab
February 3, 2008, 11:30 AM
Steyn is a more dangerous bowler than Nel.

Gowza
February 3, 2008, 06:36 PM
yeah steyn is dangerous to any batting line-up, BD players are going to have to work very hard to get anywhere with steyn otherwise he'll run right through everyone.

Nafi
February 4, 2008, 02:49 PM
Steyn is a more dangerous bowler than Nel.

probably has a better looking girlfriend than Nel and Smith too.

abu2abu
February 5, 2008, 11:14 AM
it looks like the real reason behind Smith's desire to be left out of the tour is so he can go on dates!

The best place to tour for women must be England. thoguh the bollywood types in India are probably quite attractive too....

kalpurush
February 5, 2008, 12:51 PM
yeah steyn is dangerous to any batting line-up, BD players are going to have to work very hard to get anywhere with steyn otherwise he'll run right through everyone.
Tigers will do fine with Steyn. Probably, some one else with less fame will do the killings!!!;)

Fazal
February 11, 2008, 04:16 PM
Looks like shob bhua news... he is comming to BD to score his triple century.

akabir77
February 11, 2008, 04:31 PM
Looks like shob bhua news... he is comming to BD to score his triple century.
Mark my word he wont...

Cause bd will be all out by 152:-D

tonoy
February 11, 2008, 05:40 PM
Mark my word he wont...

Cause bd will be all out by 152:-D

but isnt it a test match? so he can still do it in the first innings.

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2008, 05:46 PM
but isnt it a test match? so he can still do it in the first innings.
Nope!! He can't, he would get bowled by Shahadat before he reaches double figure in the first innings. :lol:

Murad
February 11, 2008, 07:23 PM
Its good that Smith is in the team. He's not in full form. He's also not that good against Spin bowling. Its good that Gibbs is left out. He's too dangerous for us in the ODI matches.

AsifTheManRahman
February 11, 2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah Gibbs is probably one of the better players of spin in South Africa.

al-Sagar
February 11, 2008, 11:11 PM
so finally he is coming

ialbd
February 11, 2008, 11:44 PM
hmm he is coming...... rasel get ready.....

wiseshah
February 11, 2008, 11:57 PM
yeah Gibbs is out. Pollock retired. seems like we will white wash SAF. though only in dream...............................

Electrequiem
February 11, 2008, 11:58 PM
Smith couldn't resist the charm of Chittagongian gals :)

Game On
February 12, 2008, 04:29 AM

If he gets it then Indians would be happy :)

We hope he gets it when he arrives in here :)

Just make the spinning wickets & play 4 spinners in a test match ;

Then SA can't win as they are not that good at spin ;