PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: BCB A vs BCB C, 2nd OD Match, Mirpur

al Furqaan
February 1, 2008, 06:39 PM
the teams can be found elswhere.

lets hope we see a sterling hundred today. and good fielding. and good totals.

my prediction: A team runs away!

BCB A 270-7
BCB C 195-2 (Rajin 82, Javed 12*)

cricman
February 1, 2008, 06:43 PM
Rafique is gonna grab this opportunity with both hands, I think he'll grab something like 3/23.

Remember these games are 45 overs so

A Team: 245/8
C Team: 195 ao

Tigers_eye
February 1, 2008, 08:27 PM
Rafique is gonna grab this opportunity with both hands, I think he'll grab something like 3/23.

Remember these games are 45 overs so

A Team: 245/8
B Team: 195 ao
The game is between A and C.

mshakir56
February 2, 2008, 01:03 AM
I hope that Rafique and Rajin Shines today. Hopefully Golla will geta Golden duck today.

detroitpagla
February 2, 2008, 02:27 AM
i guess another rain delay

mshakir56
February 2, 2008, 02:53 AM
no updates guys ?

karimjay.
February 2, 2008, 03:14 AM
This is sad..

zainab
February 2, 2008, 06:36 AM
If the weather in BD is at its worst at this time of the year, why are they scheduling matches? Same is happening with the WI19 games. those poor fellows flew all the way from the WI to come to BD to just sit out these matches. I hope they are getting some indoor practice.

BanCricFan
February 2, 2008, 08:24 AM
If the weather in BD is at its worst at this time of the year, why are they scheduling matches? Same is happening with the WI19 games. those poor fellows flew all the way from the WI to come to BD to just sit out these matches. I hope they are getting some indoor practice.

Inclement weather, sis. BCB cant even manage what they are supposed to do, it would be quite unfair on our behalf to expect them to reverse the global waming process!

I'm sure the boys are being looked after with traditional deshi hospitality.

mshakir56
February 2, 2008, 08:48 AM
Maybe they should have shifted the practice matches to districts where there wasn't much rain.

skhondoker
February 2, 2008, 09:10 AM
heard on channel I, Big Z scored 92 today

Miraz
February 2, 2008, 09:27 AM
Team C won the match by 6 wickets. :D

Score :

Team A 190/10 (44.4 over) Zunaed 92, Mehrab Jr. 30, Ashraful 28, Enam Jr 37/4, Sharif 20/1, Sakib 44/1
Team C 191/4 (39.4 overs) Rajin 51, Sakib 57, Naeem 42 , Mosharraf 35/2, Talha 33/1

More news
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=4583&pageTitle=details&editionID=257

mshakir56
February 2, 2008, 09:52 AM
Junaid Rajin sakib neem played good knocks. Sakib as captain not bad!

BD-Shardul
February 2, 2008, 09:59 AM
Big Z rocks. Happy to see Rajin scored half century.

taklima_naj
February 2, 2008, 10:44 AM
congratulate to them who contributed for the team, but it is pitful to see low scoring match, why cant they target at least 250+

bdchamp20
February 2, 2008, 10:55 AM
congratulate to them who contributed for the team, but it is pitful to see low scoring match, why cant they target at least 250+
I guess with the raining, the pitch mustve been dreadful that should explain the low scores

al Furqaan
February 2, 2008, 11:39 AM
these are 45 over matches...and the RRs look OK...yes i would like to see something more along the lines of a 220ish score off 45 overs. but at least we're not languishing behind in the 150s.

good Junaid, i hope this was a chanceless innings. and enam just took 4-37

BD Tigers
February 2, 2008, 12:02 PM
good to see Team C won. Did Rafiq play in the game?

Rabz
February 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
Congrats to Team C.

so, does this mean that in the next match Z would score 102?

82, 92,..and....?

Good going for him so far...

zainab
February 2, 2008, 12:08 PM
Good to see that Sakib did very well in his assignment as Captain.
Surprised to see this defeat by ASH"S TEAM<< HE SHOULD BE SCORING MORE RUNS< AND EACH TEAM SHOULD SCORE HIGHER THAN THESE MEAGRE RUNS> AFTER ALL THEY ARE PLAYING AGAINST THEIR OWN BOWLERS AND ON THEIR HOME GROUND>

Tigers_eye
February 2, 2008, 12:09 PM
Habibul Bashar's score?? Or is he still continuing to have bad luck?

Miraz
February 2, 2008, 12:11 PM
Habibul Bashar's score??

Couldn't find anywhere.

Probably nothing special to be mentioned.

Murad
February 2, 2008, 12:14 PM
10-9=hb

One World
February 2, 2008, 02:35 PM
Good to see Sakib and Razin into runs. Whats up with Enam? Seems like he is going to make it to the eleven, hope that does not make Rafique to seat.

And off course we need more batters like Zunaid.

Murad
February 2, 2008, 02:38 PM
I think rafique didn't play in this match. Mosharaf Hossain played in his place. He took 2 wickets.

So I think we might see Rafique in the 3rd match.

dash
February 2, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hi lads,

Do you think ashraful has an apparent inadequecy in his captaincy. Games seems to drift away from him. One can argue that oppositions were strong. What about the last two practice games.Team b and c were no aus,nz or sa. His team didnt score enuff runs but look at the ease at which the opposition won. He should be giving them a fight.

Murad
February 2, 2008, 02:50 PM
Ash's team won the first match against Team B.

Dhakablues
February 2, 2008, 02:58 PM
I thought each team plays each other once? Well, Ashraful just needs to concentrate and be more passionate about the game.

I have to say, I think Junaed is really matured for his game. He talks serious and comments with a philosophical touch as Watmore. It seems like Javed can finally retire in peace.

Bashar again proved what we have proven the umptith time,, he is neither serious nor enjoys his batting anymore. I cant beleive this was the same person who captained a national team. Its not bad luck that a player like him scores this abysmally. Its more lack of heart for the game.

Aftab again proves that he probably is probably the right choice for 10/10 matches, if there were any. When will he get it?
Sakib/Rajin demonstrates who they are,, the most hard working players in the bunch. I hope we do use their tenacity and willingness to perform during the series.

Only1raz
February 2, 2008, 03:49 PM
Team C won the match by 6 wickets. :D

Score :

Team A 190/10 (44.4 over) Zunaed 92, Mehrab Jr. 30, Ashraful 28, Enam Jr 37/4, Sharif 20/1, Sakib 44/1
Team C 191/4 (39.4 overs) Rajin 51, Sakib 57, Naeem 42 , Mosharraf 35/2, Talha 33/1

More news
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=4583&pageTitle=details&editionID=257

is that Mohammed Sharif? because i didn't see his name in the list of the players for team C

Murad
February 2, 2008, 04:12 PM
I think they changed the team.. or added some palyers...

I saw Tapash baiysa that day on the TV after the first match. He's running and laughing....

His name wasnt in any team...

Fazal
February 2, 2008, 04:44 PM
Good to see that the young guns like Skaib, Farhad, Junaid are doing well.

I hope there will be sunny days pretty soon when 20 something and 30 something from the established stars like Ash, Aftab and Co. will not be enough to save their rears.

Gowza
February 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
ashraful is going to get another free ride obviously, the guy just doesn't know how to make big scores, he needs to realise 20s and 30s aren't good enough unless you throw in a few 50s and 100s every 3 or so matches (although it's not like anyone else would do any better). junaid doing well which i'm glad to see, he should be a big part of the national team for awhile so it's good to see him finding some form. was hoping a bit more from naeem but at least he scored a few runs and shakib seems to have done well.

al Furqaan
February 2, 2008, 06:22 PM
in ash's defense, he takes practice matches as practice matches. if he is using this as a stepping stone to big scores against the saffers i don't mind.

he didn't do anything in the NCL this year either, but still scored 70 in the first ODI against NZ. yes he should have continued, but had he wished to just score 30 odd, i'm sure he could have thrown his wicket away before scoring those extra 40 runs.

al Furqaan
February 2, 2008, 06:24 PM
i predict that ashraful will score a 100 against the saffers (i also predict a 50 to go along with it). i also predict a 100 from one of TI, SN, MR, and Junaid.

Gowza
February 2, 2008, 06:51 PM
yeah but he only scored one half century the whole tour and no centuries, that's not consistent enough. i think ashraful needs to start taking the approach of trying to score as many runs as possible no matter what type of match it is because the current approach isn't working imo. also i didn't get to see that 70 but from what i heard he played a lot of risky shots and he might have pulled it off in that match but if he plays like that all the time the majority of the time he won't pull it off. sure he might make his big scores against the better teams but he's still nowhere near consistent enough. for alot of players, expecially the best ones scoring runs leads to scoring more runs and maybe that's an approach ashraful should start trying because his current appraoch isn't doing him justice.

Gowza
February 2, 2008, 06:55 PM
i predict that ashraful will score a 100 against the saffers (i also predict a 50 to go along with it). i also predict a 100 from one of TI, SN, MR, and Junaid.

would be nice to see, i hope your predictions are correct and then some.

al Furqaan
February 2, 2008, 07:07 PM
i think ashraful needs to start taking the approach of trying to score as many runs as possible no matter what type of match it is because the current approach isn't working imo.

i can agree with this 200 %

:)

Nocturnal
February 2, 2008, 07:58 PM
[বাংলা]<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="621"><tbody><tr><td class="dotbb" height="30" valign="top" width="508">বিফলে গেল জুনায়েদের ৯২ রানের ঝলক</td> <td class="dotbb" valign="top" width="54">
</td> <td class="dotbb" valign="top" width="54">
</td> </tr> <tr valign="middle"> <td colspan="3" class="ddate" height="29">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> ঢাকা, ২ ফেব্র"য়ারি (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) - আগেরদিন ৮২ রানের ইনিংসে দু'দুবার জীবন পেয়েছিলেন প্রতিপক্ষের ফিল্ডারদের সৌজন্যে। কিন্তু শনিবার মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে সাকিব আল হাসানের 'সি' দলের বিপক্ষে মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের 'এ' দলকে একাই টানা জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকীর ৯২ রানের ইনিংসটা যাকে বলে এক কথায় অনবদ্য। ইনিংসটি নিয়ে প্রধান নির্বাচক রফিকুল আলমকে বলতে শোনা গেল, ''ব্রিলিয়ান্ট নক''। গত দুদিনে জুনায়েদই বোধহয় তাকে প্রথমবারের মতো এরকম প্রশংসাবাণী উচ্চারণের সুযোগ দিলেন। টানা ছয়দিন ম্যাচ খেলিয়ে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার বিপক্ষে হোম সিরিজের প্রস্তুতির দ্বিতীয় দিনেও যে জুনায়েদের ঝলক অনুপস্থিত অন্যদের ব্যাটে।

জাতীয় দলের অন্য স্বীকৃত ব্যাটসম্যানদের মধ্যে অবশ্য এদিন অপরাজিত ফিফটি এসেছে 'সি' দলের অধিনায়কের ব্যাট থেকেও। তবে ম্যাচটির নি®প্রাণ আবহে উত্তাপ ছড়ানোর মতো ব্যাটিংয়ে তা আসেনি। ১৯১ রানের টার্গেট তাড়া করতে নামা দলটি ৯২ রানে ৪ উইকেট হারিয়ে ফেলার পর নাঈম ইসলামের (৪২*) সঙ্গে সাকিবের ৯৯ রানের অবিচ্ছিন্ন পঞ্চম উইকেট জুটিই ৬ উইকেটের অনায়াস জয় এনে দিয়েছে 'সি' দলকে। ৩৯.৩ ওভারেই দলকে জয়ের লক্ষ্যে পৌছে দেওয়া সাকিবের ৫৭ রানের হার না মানা ইনিংসটা ৫৬ বলে খেলা। ওপেনার রাজিন সালেহও (৫১) ফিফটি করেছেন। কিন্তু বাঁ হাতি স্পিনার মোশাররফ হোসেনের নিরীহ বলে উইকেট ছেড়ে ডিফেন্স করতে গিয়ে যেভাবে বোল্ড হয়েছেন, তাতে তার ধৈর্য্যচ্যুতির প্রকাশটা ছিল পরিষ্কার। সাকিব ও রাজিন ফিফটি করলেও টিম 'সি'র জাতীয় দলের অন্য ব্যাটসম্যানরা ছিলেন নি®প্রভ। জাভেদ ওমর (৯), আফতাব আহমেদ (৬) ও তুষার ইমরানদের (১৭) স্কোরগুলোতে চোখ বুলালেই তা বোঝা যায়।

আশরাফুলের 'এ' দলের ক্ষেত্রে চিত্রটা আরো করুণ। আগেরদিন দুই অঙ্কে পৌছাতে না পারা হাবিবুল বাশার এদিন কোনো রান না করেই আউট। জুনায়েদের সঙ্গে ওপেন করতে নেমে মুখোমুখি হওয়া তৃতীয় বলেই উইকেটের পেছনে ক্যাচ দিয়ে দেন। আগেরদিন একবার জীবন পেয়ে ৩৪ বলে ৩৩ রান করা আশরাফুল এদিন করেছেন ২২। তারপর মোহাম্মদ শরীফের বলে পুল করেছিলেন, বল ব্যাটের ওপরের কানায় লেগে চলে যায় মিডঅফ ফিল্ডারের হাতে। দলের অন্য নির্ভরযোগ্য ব্যাটসম্যানদের মতো মেহরাব হোসেন জুনিয়রও (৩০) পারেননি হাল ধরতে।

যা ধরার একাই ধরে রেখেছিলেন জুনায়েদ। এ কারণেই তার সেঞ্চুরি না পাওয়াটা পোড়াচ্ছিল বিসিবির বোলিং কোচ সারোয়ার ইমরানকে, "অবশ্যই সেঞ্চুরিটা করা উচিত ছিল। যে বলে আউট হলো ওটা মারার বলই ছিল। কিন্তু ডিপ মিড উইকেটে ক্যাচ হয়ে গেল।" জুনায়েদ যখন নার্ভাস নাইনটিজে আউট হন তখন 'এ' দলের স্কোর ৫ উইকেটে ১৫৮। সেখান থেকে আর ৩২ রানেই শেষ পাঁচটি উইকেট হারায় তারা। মানে ১৯০ রানেই শেষ 'এ' দল। ব্যাটসম্যানদের এমন ব্যর্থতার দিনেও উজ্জ্বল জুনায়েদ পরে বললেন, "আপনি যত পরিশ্রমই করুন , ২২ গজে রান করতে না পারলে কোনো লাভ নেই।'' নিয়মিতই নিজেদের সর্বোচ্চ শ্রম নিংড়ে দেওয়ার দাবি করে আসা জাতীয় দলের অন্য ব্যাটসম্যানদের কানে কী কথাটা পৌঁছেছে? [/বাংলা]

Murad
February 2, 2008, 08:05 PM
Ash must stop going for the pull shot. He always gives his wicket away for this freaking shot. Whever he goes for pull shot he goes for six.

Tigers_eye
February 3, 2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks Noc.
So the other scores from this match looks like

HB 0 (3)
JO 9
Aftab 6
Tushar 17
Nayeem 42*
Shakib 57* (56)
99 run last wicket partnership.
When Junaid got out A was 158/5 the last 5 wickets fell only adding 32 runs.
Ash had a life on previous day's 34 knock.
Junaid had two lives in the previous day, but hold on the A team's score by himself today. Still best player to this point in the field in these matches.
Rajin had a 51 but was bowled by trying to block Mosharraf's no spin ball through the gates, indicates lack of concentration.