PDA

View Full Version : 4th OD Match: BCB A vs BCB B

sadi
February 4, 2008, 09:39 AM
BCB B: 199/9 (45 Overs) Nazim 52 (48 balls, 4*6, 1*4), Imrul 41, Nazmus Sadat 28, Mashrafee 14*, Sajidul 46/3, Forhad Reza 43/2, Mehrab 33/2
BCB A: 200/5 (43.1 Overs) Ashraful 88* (103 balls, 7*4, 1*6), Rakibul 36, Mehrab 26, Forhad Reza 15, Bashar 13, Zunaed 12, Mushfiq 4* (Nazmul, Shahzada, Mahmudullah and Mashrafee 1 wkt each)

Souce: Bangladesher Khela (http://bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=4640&pageTitle=details&editionID=259)

sadi
February 4, 2008, 09:50 AM
Bashar's three score from the practice matches: 12, 0 and 13.

Tigers_eye
February 4, 2008, 09:58 AM
Bashar's three score from the practice matches: 12, 0 and 13.
no 10, 0 and 13. Averaging a whooping 7.6. Rounding it out to 8. One more innings to go. Many are still hoping for a century from his bat. Good luck Bashar (since that is the only thing he is missing).

sadi
February 4, 2008, 10:21 AM
My bad. Thanks TE.

AsifTheManRahman
February 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
Oh no! Eid ki tahole shesh howe gelo?

sadi
February 4, 2008, 10:40 AM
Oh no! Eid ki tahole shesh howe gelo?

Na eida chaan raat chilo........

Rabz
February 4, 2008, 11:22 AM
Good to see Ash among runs.
I guess as the weather is getting better, so is the outfield and playing condition.

As a result, we've seen some reasonable batting.

Btw, where is Aftab? is he in Team C?

mshakir56
February 4, 2008, 12:41 PM
Good to see Ash among runs.
I guess as the weather is getting better, so is the outfield and playing condition.

As a result, we've seen some reasonable batting.

Btw, where is Aftab? is he in Team C?

Yup, Aftab in Team C, and he is having torrid time over there. I hope I am wrong, but I think he is the only player who will never learn to not to play across the line of the ball.

Murad
February 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
Good to see Ashraful making runs. I hope he gets another 50 in tomorrow's match against Team C and continue the form to the Test series.

Ashraful leads from the front
Sports Reporter

Mohammad Ashraful smashed 88 not out in a captain's knock to lead Team A to a facile five-wicket win over Team B in a practice match at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

The national captain hit seven fours and one six in a breezy 103-ball knock as Team B reached 200 for five with two overs remaining in reply to the Mashrafe Bin Morataza-led side's moderate 199-9 in the stipulated 45 overs.

Rokibul Hasan made 36 during an 87-run stand for the fourth wicket with Ashraful after Team A lost both their openers on 28.

Earlier, young opener Imrul Kayes made 41 and Nazim Uddin a quickfire 52 off 45 deliveries but Team B spoiled the good start to lose their last six wickets in the space of 15 runs.

Left-arm seamer Sajedul Islam was the peak of the attack taking 3-46 for the winners.

Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=22009)

AsifTheManRahman
February 4, 2008, 03:34 PM
Another point to note: Ashraful's team's finally winning some warm ups, consistently too, although two games provide for a not so large sample size.

Bengaliprince176
February 4, 2008, 03:46 PM
Ashraful looks comfortable in domestic cricket quite consistently nowadays, if only he could do that in international (obviously the standard is much different).

sad to hear Aftab is struggling, he is one player who looks good when in form!

zainab
February 4, 2008, 04:51 PM
I guess our star opener Zunaid did not do too well here, Hope he bounces back.

Aftab is one of my favourites, I hope that he can bounce back somehow.

Happy to see Ash among the runs. Hope that Tamim can recover as quickly as possible. I dont think that he will play for any of these games, but should be fit for the training camp sessions. Also, it is good news that Rasel is recovering nicely. Hoe no one else gets injured.

Gowza
February 4, 2008, 05:21 PM
good work from ashraful especially good to finally see him getting some runs but also well done to nazim. would have been nice if imrul and raqibul had turned their 41 and 36 into 50s and sajidul again did a fine job with taking wickets but still needs to improve the economy rate.

Sovik
February 4, 2008, 06:29 PM
good to see ash got some runs but hope he doesn't stop there

al Furqaan
February 4, 2008, 08:14 PM
where is aftab, is he waiting for SA to go boom boom?

One World
February 4, 2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks to ASH for this important innings. Also good job by Nazimuddin and Rakibul. Mehrab did good too.

As the way things are shaping up Aftab must be in huge contest as the young guns above are getting better and better.

al-Sagar
February 4, 2008, 10:48 PM
AFTAB fancies his shot play against SA bowlers.

anyway he needs a lot of consistenct up his game

al Furqaan
February 4, 2008, 11:49 PM
200 in 43 overs is not bad given its on a decently sporting wicket and against a good bowling attack. 7 overs left for real ODI match, and at 7 an over that will take you to 250.

Sohel
February 5, 2008, 04:43 AM
BCB B: 199/9 (45 Overs) Nazim 52 (48 balls, 4*6, 1*4), Imrul 41, Nazmus Sadat 28, Mashrafee 14*, Sajidul 46/3, Forhad Reza 43/2, Mehrab 33/2
BCB A: 200/5 (43.1 Overs) Ashraful 88* (103 balls, 7*4, 1*6), Rakibul 36, Mehrab 26, Forhad Reza 15, Bashar 13, Zunaed 12, Mushfiq 4* (Nazmul, Shahzada, Mahmudullah and Mashrafee 1 wkt each)

Souce: Bangladesher Khela (http://bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=4640&pageTitle=details&editionID=259)

Ash 88* ... :joy:
Nazim 52 ... :up:
Imrul 41 ... :up:
Rokibul 36 ... :up:
Nazmus Sadat 28 ... /:)
Mehrab 26 ... /:)
Farhad 15 ... :sigh:
Mash 14* ... /:)
HaBa 13 ... :yawn: + :shh: (:floor::floor::floor:)
Big Z 12 ... :sigh:
Mushy 4* ... :-*

Sajid 3/46 ... :up:
Farhad 2/43 ... :)
Mehrab 2/33 ... :)
Mash, MM Riyad, Shazada, Nazmul 1each ... :-|

mshakir56
February 5, 2008, 05:50 AM
Hey guys, are you thinking what I am thinking ? I think Ashraful just had his Eid day yesterday, scoring 88* ! I hope I am wrong, if I am right, then we are doomed against South Africa !

zainab
February 5, 2008, 07:10 AM
Hey guys, are you thinking what I am thinking ? I think Ashraful just had his Eid day yesterday, scoring 88* ! I hope I am wrong, if I am right, then we are doomed against South Africa !

Hope not.l Ash is an enigma, so many of us scratch our heads trying to understand his mindset, but each time he comes to the crease, there is a great deal of expectancy, then voila, he gets out to a silly shot. sometimesI feel if I am near to him, I will wring his neck, because he is wasting such talent. I guess that is why Whatmore was so mad with him, also I think Siddons might think the same.

I keep hoping that he can play a sensible innings like Cardiff where he was up against the mighty Aussies and kept a cool head to make his century.

BanCricFan
February 5, 2008, 07:45 AM
Ash needs to get hitched. That will settle him down.

Sohel
February 5, 2008, 08:03 AM
Ash needs to get hitched. That will settle him down.

Ash is already married to a woman called Begum Amader Cricket. If orphan's are involved and he is of noble intent on the other hand, Ash may think of taking another bride upon approval of his first. I don't think Cricket Apa will approve. Look what happened to Abir and to a lesser extent, Koushik!

Besides, I don't think our Sheikh Yusuf will like the way you're encouraging bigamy.

BanCricFan
February 5, 2008, 08:52 AM
Besides, I don't think our Sheikh Yusuf will like the way you're encouraging bigamy like this.

Last time I heard Skh. Yusuf had four of his own. Masha-allah! Masha-allah!

BTW, Ash is of different ilk, with every new addition he will get even better. Such is the blessings of polygamy...masha-allah!

Tigers_eye
February 5, 2008, 09:38 AM
The best age to marriage is yup 25. he is still far behind. ;)

You crack me up BanCricFan.

Sohel
February 5, 2008, 11:15 AM
Last time I heard Skh. Yusuf had four of his own. Masha-allah! Masha-allah!

BTW, Ash is of different ilk, with every new addition he will get even better. Such is the blessings of polygamy...masha-allah!

:lol: ... I don't think Ash wants to blow his chances with the feminist crowd anywhere. That said each marriage may improve his overall average by 10, so with 3 wives other than Cricket Apa we're looking at an average of 60 by the time he retires ... COOL!

4?! Really?!

Shaykh Hamza was born in Washington State and raised in Northern California. In 1977, he became Muslim and subsequently traveled to the Muslim world and studied for ten years in the U. A. E., Saudi Arabia, as well as North and West Africa. He received teaching licenses in various Islamic subjects from several well-known scholars in various countries. After ten years of studies abroad, he returned to the USA and earned degrees in Religious Studies and Health Care. He has traveled all over the world giving talks on Islam. He also founded Zaytuna Institute which has established an international reputation for presenting a classical picture of Islam in the West and which is dedicated to the revival of traditional study methods and the sciences of Islam. Shaykh Hamza is the first American lecturer to teach in Morocco's prestigious and oldest University, the Qarawiyin in Fes. In addition, he has translated into modern English several classical Arabic traditional texts and poems. Shaykh Hamza currently resides in Northern California with his wife and five children.