PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh players in IPL

pinch_hitter
February 5, 2008, 08:51 AM
Ashraful and Mashrafe are signed up to play for IPL. Wikipedia mentions the pair, and the official IPL website confirms Ashraful in their league; although they did not list mashrafe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Premier_League

http://www.indianpremierleague.com/ (under Teams)

Miraz
February 5, 2008, 09:02 AM
Ashraful and Mashrafe are signed up to play for IPL. Wikipedia mentions the pair, and the official IPL website confirms Ashraful in their league; although they did not list mashrafe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Premier_League

http://www.indianpremierleague.com/ (under Teams)

Mashrafe is there, look at the 7th page of the PDF document.

BanCricFan
February 5, 2008, 09:08 AM
Aftab, Abdur Razzk and Tamim should too.

pinch_hitter
February 5, 2008, 09:09 AM
the 7th player is vaas. and the look-alike is fernando...

Miraz
February 5, 2008, 09:12 AM
the 7th player is vaas. and the look-alike is fernando...

I am saying the 7th page of the PDF document, not the 7th player.

Follow this link..
http://www.indianpremierleague.com/players.pdf

pinch_hitter
February 5, 2008, 09:13 AM
I am saying the 7th page of the PDF document, not the 7th player.

Follow this link..
http://www.indianpremierleague.com/players.pdf

oh yeah, i see him now. my bad. thanks.

Orion
February 5, 2008, 09:15 AM
there is a lot of money involved........but I hope they dont forget their commitments to Bangladesh just for the sake of money.

mshakir56
February 5, 2008, 10:35 AM
Thats good news but tamim sakib rasel razzak need to sign up as well!

abu2abu
February 5, 2008, 10:59 AM
Thats good news but tamim sakib rasel razzak need to sign up as well!

I don't think it's a question of "signing up", but rather of being invited to join...

abu2abu
February 5, 2008, 11:02 AM
if it's hitting a few sixes and getting out is what you want (and i think that's basically what T20 is) then Aftab's your man...

Fazal
February 5, 2008, 11:04 AM
if it's hitting a few sixes and getting out is what you want (and i think that's basically what T20 is) then Aftab's your man...

but now a days it looks like he gets out first before hitting those few sixes...

mshakir56
February 5, 2008, 12:17 PM
but now a days it looks like he gets out first before hitting those few sixes...

Na, I still feell Aftab is the man for Twenty20 !

Sohel
February 5, 2008, 12:24 PM
They don't know what they're missing by NOT lining up for HaBa.

Rabz
February 5, 2008, 12:43 PM
Finally then. Bangladeshi players in the IPL. Remains to be seen how much Ash and Mash gets.

Aftab should definitely be there. This is purely his style of boom-boom cricket.

jisaan
February 5, 2008, 01:24 PM
Finally then. Bangladeshi players in the IPL. Remains to be seen how much Ash and Mash gets.

Aftab should definitely be there. This is purely his style of boom-boom cricket.

Exactly my words!!! No 1 is more equipped than aftab esp in BD. In terms of big-hitting abilities he might leave a lot of BIG NAMES IN THE WORLD behind... that's for surre

Murad
February 5, 2008, 01:27 PM
At last my man in the IPL.

Now I will have some reason to follow the games he playes in.

Hope he shows some good performance.

Bengaliprince176
February 5, 2008, 02:04 PM
excellent news! i was hoping Mashrafe and Ashraful would play for the Kolkata team, Ganguly has a good accord with Ashraful, hopefully he will pull some strings and get at least one of them in the team!

btw how many players have signed up for the IPL? im sure they have plenty of players already....

Sovik
February 5, 2008, 02:28 PM
They don't know what they're missing by NOT lining up for HaBa.

i think IPL is ready to take that risk

akabir77
February 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
Is this the BCCI league or the rebel one?

al Furqaan
February 5, 2008, 05:25 PM
Is this the BCCI league or the rebel one?

IPL is BCCI sanctioned, ICL is the rogue league

al Furqaan
February 5, 2008, 05:26 PM
excellent news! i was hoping Mashrafe and Ashraful would play for the Kolkata team, Ganguly has a good accord with Ashraful, hopefully he will pull some strings and get at least one of them in the team!

btw how many players have signed up for the IPL? im sure they have plenty of players already....

that would be awesome if they were in the Kolkata team

al Furqaan
February 5, 2008, 05:28 PM
but aftab, rasel, and razzak are our best T20 players...sad they got overlooked.

i hope they use that as motivation to scratch some south african diamonds :)

akabir77
February 5, 2008, 05:31 PM
IPL is BCCI sanctioned, ICL is the rogue league

thanks for the clarification...

nsd3
February 5, 2008, 06:13 PM
If they play in IPL, would BCB ban them from playing int'l matches? We've seen NZ banning Bond because of that. Does BCB have any agreement like that with Indian Board?

Murad
February 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
If they play in IPL, would BCB ban them from playing int'l matches? We've seen NZ banning Bond because of that. Does BCB have any agreement like that with Indian Board?

No!

Only if they Join ICL.

IPL is being organized by BCCI.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 5, 2008, 06:30 PM
Shocked that Aftab was not approached for IPL and yet Wasim Jaffer is playing. No disrespect to Jaffer but he's more of a test player and in subcontinent pitches he's a king but for 20/20 he isn't ideal. Whoever gets him will have problem getting off to a flyer unless they pair him with Afridi or something.

al Furqaan
February 5, 2008, 07:32 PM

IPL is the "good league" and ICL is the "bad league".

no problems if they join up at IPL. its a way for our boys to earn more money.

ICL signees are subject to having their respective board contracts terminated as punishment.

BD Tigers
February 5, 2008, 08:04 PM
Doa kori jeno bhalo khela desher man ijjot rokkha koruk...

Protic
February 5, 2008, 09:16 PM
If ash,mash is in the kolkata team..and they do very well.. they get to meet the club owner shahrukh khan.. im sure they are a fan.. lol

Lidcombe
February 6, 2008, 12:26 AM
but i cant c Ash in the pdf list

al-Sagar
February 6, 2008, 12:55 AM
aftab, tamim and junaed should be there.

arifur81
February 6, 2008, 04:07 AM

Ganguly will have no say because the team is franchised to Sharuk Khan, Juhi chawla Mehta and jay Mehta according to the IPL website.:wave::wave::wave::wave:

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 08:13 AM
I hope ash and mash both play for calcutta team, that will be a nice match.

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 11:10 AM
Ganguly will have no say because the team is franchised to Sharuk Khan, Juhi chawla Mehta and jay Mehta according to the IPL website.:wave::wave::wave::wave:

doesn't matter who owns the team if Dada is in the team every one will listen to him... He is the Indian Imran Khan.

sadi
February 6, 2008, 11:19 AM
IPL has postponed their scheduled player auction from Feb 8 to Mid February around 18-19. Every team will have to build the teams within 3-5 million dollars. With most of the Australian players out this year because of national commitment, I won't be surprised if some of the Bangladeshi players get the call.

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 11:47 AM
We have a busy schedule this year as well. So i am not sure if all our players can participate in IPL .

ialbd
February 6, 2008, 12:05 PM
thats indeed good news..... but I thought Tamim would get a call esp when its India.....

Bengaliprince176
February 6, 2008, 12:23 PM

bro! SRK pretty much begged Ganguly (ok a slight over exageration but no disrespect to SRK intended-from a huge fan), and wudnt anyone who had sense *cough* BCCI *cough* ask him to be captain? and i think, Dada has a bit more knowledge on cricket lol, better to have ash and mash than, mmm Jaffer was a name mentioned earlier.....

and the point of this IPL, though BCCI wont mention it.....poisha!!! SRK knows that local boys and players popular to the region, BD players are very popular in Kolkata, will be good signings to draw the crowds in.

BANFAN
February 9, 2008, 05:46 PM
Many will go, but they need to show consistent performance against quality teams.

Nafi
February 9, 2008, 05:48 PM
Id like to see ash and mash in the calcutta team

WarWolf
February 10, 2008, 06:03 AM
Waiting to see them in real action. Go Ash-Mash go.

tiger_army
February 10, 2008, 07:38 AM
Id like to see ash and mash in the calcutta team

i don kno abt hm but Rafiq wil b thr for sure:flag:

bdchamp20
February 10, 2008, 09:01 AM
Cant wait for the tournament, but now that I am in London I dont know where to watch it in Asia it was supposed to be shown in Sony or SetMax..but anyway gonna support Kolkata all the way and hope the BD boys are bought by SRK. And I heard Dada reccommended Rafique to the person in charge of the Kolkata team but it wouldve been better if players like Raj,Aftab,Rasel,Kapali,Imroz,Rajib and Shakib were invited..they are all good T20 players

Puck
February 10, 2008, 10:33 AM
ash, mash, kash, fash, hash.. it looks like they are all signed up. are they not looking for bangladeshi players who names don't end in sh?

bdchamp20
February 10, 2008, 12:10 PM
ash, mash, kash, fash, hash.. it looks like they are all signed up. are they not looking for bangladeshi players who names don't end in sh?
what's wrong with u?

shojeebalm
April 3, 2008, 05:00 PM
Abdur Razzaq in Bangalore
Can't wait to see him in action