PDA

View Full Version : Recording in VCR from dish

Tigers_eye
February 5, 2008, 10:41 AM
Yup, still way behind the curve. have dishnetwork and watch bangla channels. How can I record some programs?

I do not have DVRs, TiVo. The receiver I have is a dual turner. Can I hook that thing via my VCR to my TV and record through VCR? I do not want to pay more and upgrade or something like that.

Thanks.

Ehsan
February 5, 2008, 11:07 AM
From my understanding, you have to hook your receiver to your VCR and VCR to TV (RECEIVER -> VCR -> TV). But I think it also depends on the manufacturer of your VCR, different brands may have different ways. For sony, this is how I used to do it. Read the user manual of your VCR, may help.

Tigers_eye
February 5, 2008, 12:09 PM
Thank you Ehsan. Will give it a shot. Yes, I have sony vcr.

akabir77
February 5, 2008, 02:12 PM
Ehsan B i s right. Just take out the connection from Receiver to TV(TV END). Put that end to VCR (IN). now right beside that there should be an output port. use that to connect ur VCR to TV (using the same kind cable) or you can use those yellow red white cables to connect your VCR to TV depending your TV supports that kind of cables...

Nasif
February 5, 2008, 02:36 PM
Yup, still way behind the curve. have dishnetwork and watch bangla channels. How can I record some programs?

I do not have DVRs, TiVo. The receiver I have is a dual turner. Can I hook that thing via my VCR to my TV and record through VCR? I do not want to pay more and upgrade or something like that.

Thanks.

Get a DVD recorder from walmart (around $70) and use DVD-RW disks for recording. It is simpler and will have great quality.

Like ehsan said you will have to route your audio/video cables
dish => recorder => tv

al Furqaan
February 5, 2008, 11:57 PM
Get a DVD recorder from walmart (around $70) and use DVD-RW disks for recording. It is simpler and will have great quality.

Like ehsan said you will have to route your audio/video cables
dish => recorder => tv

i agree, i did this for my parents and now they are recording their favorite Ntv and channel i programs.

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2008, 10:44 AM
Thank you all. More spending money on the weekend. grrr!!