PDA

View Full Version : 6th One Day : BCB B vs BCB C, SNBS, MIRPUR

al-Sagar
February 6, 2008, 08:16 AM
the match is allready over.

but i cannot give u any news about it except one news. i saw ALOK KAPALI entering PRINCE HOTEL (mirpur), about 4-30 PM today. he was very sad and disappointed. i think he did not have a good outing in the match today.

my home is at mirpur, but unfortunately i could not go to any of the games of this series because at day time i had to be at university.

Sohel
February 6, 2008, 08:24 AM
the match is allready over.

but i cannot give u any news about it except one news. i saw ALOK KAPALI entering PRINCE HOTEL (mirpur), about 4-30 PM today. he was very sad and disappointed. i think he did not have a good outing in the match today.

my home is at mirpur, but unfortunately i could not go to any of the games of this series because at day time i had to be at university.

As much as I like Alok and rate his talent around the very top of our genuine talent pool, he failed to perform when it counted yet again and therefore doesn't deserve to be in the team this time around, irrespective of how much others may or may not deserve to be in the team. His 168 and 100 plus were two of the best, most chanceless and stroke filled innings in the NCL according to players and jounos lucky enough to see those. The day he learns to perform like that at the highest level will be a great day for our cricket. Sadly, that day is still not here ... :sigh:

Maybe he'll learn to overcome his purely psychological issues in his late 20s to early 30s like Misbah and learn to apply his remarkable talent at the highest level. Lots of A-team cricket will help him and others to make that necessary adjustment better Inshallah.

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 11:08 AM
hope he gets better... i guess he found out about the team for SA...

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 11:50 AM
I feel sorry for Alok Kapali. I guess he doesn't have lady luck like Haba and Golla does ! I am sure everybody will agree that Kapali is much better cricketer then Haba and Golla. He is also an allrounder.

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2008, 11:56 AM
Sorry bro, I donot agree on Kapali that he is better than HB (may be close now but overall no way). JO's stats are better than him also. As for lady luck, he had his share when we were screaming to get rid of him. It boil downs to the selectors who should know who is in form and who is not. The off-form ones needs to cool off out the national team till they becomes in-form again. And then back in the lineup. Our previous selectors failed to judge that badly. Kapali still has time he is only 25/26.

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 12:22 PM
I feel sorry for Alok Kapali. I guess he doesn't have lady luck like Haba and Golla does ! I am sure everybody will agree that Kapali is much better cricketer then Haba and Golla. He is also an allrounder.

NO HE IS NOT.

Bengaliprince176
February 6, 2008, 12:25 PM
NO HE IS NOT.

lol very specific!

players should never give up hope, that takes away the fun of rubbing it into critics when u prove them wrong!!

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 01:15 PM
NO HE IS NOT.

If our domestic tournament has any importance at all, then why don't you look at the statistics of this year and last year, and see who is the better player, before making any further comments. And If according to you, our domestic tornaments has no importance, then you should send a letter to BCB asking them to cancel all future domestic tournaments, becuase we dont care about domestic performers. Right now, I bet Kapali could score more runs and pick up more wickets then Haba and Golla put together.

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 01:18 PM
If our domestic tournament has any importance at all, then why don't you look at the statistics of this year and last year, and see who is the better player, before making any further comments. And If according to you, our domestic tornaments has no importance, then you should send a letter to BCB asking them to cancel all future domestic tournaments, becuase we dont care about domestic performers. Right now, I bet Kapali could score more runs and pick up more wickets then Haba and Golla put together.

U said he is better player than bashar and golla, you didn't said its only for last year local games. now you are saying and want to tag the stats. then i would suggest you to go and watch some old games and see who scored most of the runs for BD.

Don't try to change your story...

besides i still think kapali will fail at this moment to score any. cause he scored all his glorious scores once NTL players left the tournament... When a player doesn't know where is LEG STUMP is then i have nothing to say...

If he can fix his problems and i wish he may still he won't be better player then Bahsar and Golla unless he out scores them. You can't seat in a exam and fail it and still shout i am a good student i am a good student.

Beamer
February 6, 2008, 01:23 PM

Since you have said "cricketer", I will agree with you. That will involve three categories- batting, bowling, fielding. If its fielding, not even an issue with the other two ( JO is not bad ), as he is one of the best in the country. Off course he is a better bowler. The other two don't even apply. His batting just can't be worse currently than Bashar. I won't even bring JO in the comparison. Overall he is a better cricketer. I don't see why you are wrong. I agree.

Fazal
February 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
He was also a better massager than Bash and Gullu. Dav loved his Ga Malish. Alas Dav-o gone... aloke-o gone. What a co-incidence!

...akayee boley pora kopal.

SS
February 6, 2008, 01:35 PM
He was also a better massager than Bash and Gullu. Dav loved his Ga Malish. Alas Dav-o gone... aloke-o gone. What a co-incidence!

...akayee boley pora kopal.

Client gele ki business thake...ar apnare ki koilo akta massager chilo...team er ja obosta mone hoi baki 10 tao aki kaje busy chilo...eight years no improvement in test...kali massage ei kore nai...nijerao aram ayeshe chilo

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 02:07 PM
Since you have said "cricketer", I will agree with you. That will involve three categories- batting, bowling, fielding. If its fielding, not even an issue with the other two ( JO is not bad ), as he is one of the best in the country. Off course he is a better bowler. The other two don't even apply. His batting just can't be worse currently than Bashar. I won't even bring JO in the comparison. Overall he is a better cricketer. I don't see why you are wrong. I agree.

I think in fielding JO was better in his days. You might not want to bring JO in comparison very wise decision cause he got better stats then Kapali.

reyme
February 6, 2008, 02:18 PM
Alok missed out a golden chance, I think. But his chance will definitely come.

reyme
February 6, 2008, 02:20 PM
BTW this thread is for the scorecard, I guess it does not matter since the squad has already announced.

Murad
February 6, 2008, 02:22 PM
Team C: 200/8 ( Javed Omar 50, Sakib 80)
Team B: 177 allout. (Riyad 45, Kapali 34, Mashrafe 28)

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2008, 02:31 PM
Team C: 200/8 ( Javed Omar 50)
Team B: 177 allout.
Ki murad link dao na kan? private property naki? :-p

Thank you very much. Aftab beta ki korsey?

Beamer
February 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
I think in fielding JO was better in his days. You might not want to bring JO in comparison very wise decision cause he got better stats then Kapali.

JO was never better than Kapali on the field. He was not bad, and I said so, but the there is no comparison. The decision to not compare kapali with JO in batting was never based on stats and surely wasn't the reason I chose not to. It was out of pity.In any case, one opened, the other batted all over the order. JO had a lot more tests as well. In any case, its irrelevant right now. None of them are in the squad. Kapali may come back one day, but, JO is all but done.

Murad
February 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
Ki murad link dao na kan? private property naki? :-p

Thank you very much. Aftab beta ki korsey?

lolz...

ei nin... jonogoner proverty link lolz

http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=88003

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the link.

Shakib got a 80. great.

Javed's 96 ball 53. Two way of seeing this. Didn't let C team score 250, or allowed them to score 200/8. Anyways, matters very little because he is no longer in the National team equation. SNafees, Aftab my two worries. Good to see Riyad scoring 45. Kapali customary 38, Mash 28.

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
JO was never better than Kapali on the field. He was not bad, and I said so, but the there is no comparison. The decision to not compare kapali with JO in batting was never based on stats and surely wasn't the reason I chose not to. It was out of pity.In any case, one opened, the other batted all over the order. JO had a lot more tests as well. In any case, its irrelevant right now. None of them are in the squad. Kapali may come back one day, but, JO is all but done.

Yeah sure you want to avoid stats now cause it doesn't support your theory here. Like is said until kapali out scores them he is not a better player period.

Remember with his limited talent golla was also omitted all the time. but when he got the chance he scored. he scored so much that he has the record to bat all through bd innings. Now i know you will say something like he got the other out cause he was scoring slow or something...

But bottom line Kapali can't score hence kapali can't play hence he is a FALTU player.

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 03:44 PM
But bottom line Kapali can't score hence kapali can't play hence he is a FALTU player.

Now who told you Kapali cant score? Haba and Golla ?

What makes you think he cant play? Atleast he can play better then Golla and Haba !

Why diss Kapali so badly and call him Faltu Player?
[edit]

Kapali is one of the most talented allrounder Bangladesh has ever produced ! Period !
I guess you are jealous of him !

Beamer
February 6, 2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah sure you want to avoid stats now cause it doesn't support your theory here. Like is said until kapali out scores them he is not a better player period.

Remember with his limited talent golla was also omitted all the time. but when he got the chance he scored. he scored so much that he has the record to bat all through bd innings. Now i know you will say something like he got the other out cause he was scoring slow or something...

It takes a lot more than what you have to offer to raise doubt in my head about what I said or what I think. Lets just leave it at that. Frankly, you are not worth getting all wind up for..

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 04:00 PM
It takes a lot more than what you have to offer to raise doubt in my head about what I said or what I think. Lets just leave it at that. Frankly, you are not worth getting all wind up for..

I guess he is mad cause Golla wasn't selected for the series against South Africa, and the fact that people don't want to see Haba in the squad anymore !

Alok Kapali was last years Domestic Allrounder of the year. He has also got a hattrick in Test Cricket against Pakistan. How can one dimensional players such as Haba and Golla out-perform Kapali, Who is 3D, he can contribute with both bat and ball !

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 04:15 PM
Now who told you Kapali cant score? Haba and Golla ?

Why can't you see the stat?

What makes you think he cant play? Atleast he can play better then Golla and Haba !
Again can't you see the stats?

Why diss Kapali so badly and call him Faltu Player?
Cause he was given enough chance even in the practice matches he couldn't score...
And like i said I never wrote him off and never siad he can't come back like you guys close door on other players but as of now he is not better than haba or golla. and that is my point.

You sound like a racist, Prejudice sort of a guy !
Hold on here. I think you are attacking me here. and last time i checked that's against broad rules. I think you are the one who started calling players better or what ever. Don't bring your garbage here. May be this days calling so called underperformed talented player what they are worth is racist!!!

Kapali is one of the most talented allrounder Bangladesh has ever produced ! Period !
I guess you are jealous of him !Oh so what about the players that performs? Rafiq, Mash...

Looks like some one is blinded by something. Again don't think what i am feeling leave it to me say what ever you have to say or make your own point.

You have no logic but to show your muscle but you forgot one thing this is internet.

I guess he is mad cause Golla wasn't selected for the series against South Africa, and the fact that people don't want to see Haba in the squad anymore !

again make your own assumption don't try to think what i am thinking cause you are not that ...

Alok Kapali was last years Domestic Allrounder of the year. He has also got a hattrick in Test Cricket against Pakistan. How can one dimensional players such as Haba and Golla out-perform Kapali, Who is 3D, he can contribute with both bat and ball !Well look at the stats again you will see if you can at all see anything...

Get a life...

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 04:16 PM
It takes a lot more than what you have to offer to raise doubt in my head about what I said or what I think. Lets just leave it at that.

I am not trying to change your mind or anything you said your thing and i just put out my stuff thats all.

Frankly, you are not worth getting all wind up for..

Thanks and the feeling is the same...

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2008, 04:21 PM
It's all in the looks baby!!

Habibul Bashar
Bangladesh
Player profile (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55906.html#Profile)

Full name Qazi Habibul Bashar
Born August 17, 1972, Nagakanda, Kushtia
Current age 35 years 173 days
<TABLE class=engineTable><CAPTION>Batting and fielding averages</CAPTION><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left title="class name" noWrap></TH><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings batted" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="not outs" noWrap>NO</TH><TH title="runs scored" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH class=padAst title="highest inns score" noWrap>HS</TH><TH title="batting average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="balls faced" noWrap>BF</TH><TH title="batting strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="hundreds scored" noWrap>100</TH><TH title="fifties scored" noWrap>50</TH><TH title="boundary fours" noWrap>4s</TH><TH title="boundary sixes" noWrap>6s</TH><TH title="catches taken" noWrap>Ct</TH><TH title="stumpings made" noWrap>St</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Tests</TD><TD noWrap>49</TD><TD noWrap>97</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>3013</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>113</TD><TD noWrap>31.38</TD><TD noWrap>4989</TD><TD noWrap>60.39</TD><TD noWrap>3</TD><TD noWrap>24</TD><TD noWrap>400</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>21</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>ODIs</TD><TD noWrap>111</TD><TD noWrap>105</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>2168</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>78</TD><TD noWrap>21.68</TD><TD noWrap>3586</TD><TD noWrap>60.45</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>14</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>10</TD><TD noWrap>26</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>First-class</TD><TD noWrap>86</TD><TD noWrap>161</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>5162</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>224</TD><TD noWrap>33.08</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>6</TD><TD noWrap>37</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>38</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>List A</TD><TD noWrap>156</TD><TD noWrap>149</TD><TD noWrap>9</TD><TD noWrap>3418</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>83</TD><TD noWrap>24.41</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>24</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>33</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
_____

Javed Omar
Bangladesh
Player profile (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55935.html#Profile)

Full name Mohammad Javed Omar Belim
Born November 25, 1976, Dhaka
Current age 31 years 73 days
<TABLE class=engineTable><CAPTION>Batting and fielding averages</CAPTION><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left title="class name" noWrap></TH><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings batted" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="not outs" noWrap>NO</TH><TH title="runs scored" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH class=padAst title="highest inns score" noWrap>HS</TH><TH title="batting average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="balls faced" noWrap>BF</TH><TH title="batting strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="hundreds scored" noWrap>100</TH><TH title="fifties scored" noWrap>50</TH><TH title="boundary fours" noWrap>4s</TH><TH title="boundary sixes" noWrap>6s</TH><TH title="catches taken" noWrap>Ct</TH><TH title="stumpings made" noWrap>St</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Tests</TD><TD noWrap>40</TD><TD noWrap>80</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>1720</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>119</TD><TD noWrap>22.05</TD><TD noWrap>4509</TD><TD noWrap>38.14</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>8</TD><TD noWrap>240</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>10</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>ODIs</TD><TD noWrap>59</TD><TD noWrap>59</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>1312</TD><TD noWrap>85*</TD><TD noWrap>23.85</TD><TD noWrap>2528</TD><TD noWrap>51.89</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>10</TD><TD noWrap>139</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>12</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>First-class</TD><TD noWrap>88</TD><TD noWrap>167</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>4662</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>173</TD><TD noWrap>28.25</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>9</TD><TD noWrap>20</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>29</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>List A</TD><TD noWrap>100</TD><TD noWrap>100</TD><TD noWrap>8</TD><TD noWrap>2175</TD><TD noWrap>85*</TD><TD noWrap>23.64</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>12</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>26</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

____

Alok Kapali
Bangladesh
Player profile (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56251.html#Profile)

Full name Alok Kapali
Born January 1, 1984, Sylhet, Bangladesh
Current age 24 years 36 days
<TABLE class=engineTable><CAPTION>Batting and fielding averages</CAPTION><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left title="class name" noWrap></TH><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings batted" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="not outs" noWrap>NO</TH><TH title="runs scored" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH class=padAst title="highest inns score" noWrap>HS</TH><TH title="batting average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="balls faced" noWrap>BF</TH><TH title="batting strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="hundreds scored" noWrap>100</TH><TH title="fifties scored" noWrap>50</TH><TH title="boundary fours" noWrap>4s</TH><TH title="boundary sixes" noWrap>6s</TH><TH title="catches taken" noWrap>Ct</TH><TH title="stumpings made" noWrap>St</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Tests</TD><TD noWrap>17</TD><TD noWrap>34</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>584</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>85</TD><TD noWrap>17.69</TD><TD noWrap>1201</TD><TD noWrap>48.62</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>80</TD><TD noWrap>3</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>ODIs</TD><TD noWrap>55</TD><TD noWrap>52</TD><TD noWrap>3</TD><TD noWrap>964</TD><TD noWrap>89*</TD><TD noWrap>19.67</TD><TD noWrap>1468</TD><TD noWrap>65.66</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>76</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>21</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>T20Is</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>55</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>19</TD><TD noWrap>18.33</TD><TD noWrap>73</TD><TD noWrap>75.34</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>3</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>First-class</TD><TD noWrap>78</TD><TD noWrap>138</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>3653</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>173</TD><TD noWrap>27.26</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>8</TD><TD noWrap>12</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>51</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>List A</TD><TD noWrap>112</TD><TD noWrap>107</TD><TD noWrap>13</TD><TD noWrap>2480</TD><TD noWrap>114*</TD><TD noWrap>26.38</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>3</TD><TD noWrap>11</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>51</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>Twenty20</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>5</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>55</TD><TD class=padAst noWrap>19</TD><TD noWrap>18.33</TD><TD noWrap>73</TD><TD noWrap>75.34</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>3</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>2</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
___

If someone tries to compare a 24 old player with a 30+ players he will meet resistance cause they are uncomparable. Statwise, Alok can't even get close to HB. However, in current form, I think he is equal or close to the current HB and JO. Which is a good thing because he still has his golden years ahead of him.

With HB's historical stats, even Ash can't be compared to him let alone Alok.

There are too many players now who can average 20 runs and get wickets in both form of cricket. Alok is expandable till he shifts his gear in to another level. Else he is done for the National team.

Beamer
February 6, 2008, 04:25 PM
I am not trying to change your mind or anything you said your thing and i just put out my stuff thats all.

I think I understand what you are trying to say though it can be difficult at times..

Thanks and the feeling is the same...

Oh come on..I didn't mean you are not worthy of a conversation, just wasn't worth getting all wind up for.

Beamer
February 6, 2008, 04:26 PM
T_E once again makes it hard to disagree with him.

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 04:50 PM
Oh come on..I didn't mean you are not worthy of a conversation, just wasn't worth getting all wind up for.

Beamer B i got it the first time...

I know you LOVE kapali
And
I like Kapali

but based on what he did so far I don't think he is NTL team caliber player in this time (yeah if he had born 20 years ago he could have been easily in the team instead of shujon or golla...)

BanCricFan
February 6, 2008, 05:11 PM
Kapali ek pura kopali botey....regardless what the stats may say...He is of far superior class than HB and Gullu.

Stats doesn't always tell the truth- Kapali is the prime example! In last two NCL he has scored 8 FC Tons along with a few 50s...that isn't reflected in stats. 8 FC tons in two seasons for a BD player is quite staggering. How many FC tons HB and JO scored in their long career?

Having said that, comparing Alok with Bashar is not fair to either of them.

Murad
February 6, 2008, 05:15 PM
are we making this another Kapali thread??

damn.. apnarai paren......

Fazal
February 6, 2008, 05:21 PM
are we making this another Kapali thread??

damn.. apnarai paren......

Kapali tui khub kopali.

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 11:29 PM
Why can't you see the stat?
Again can't you see the stats?
Cause he was given enough chance even in the practice matches he couldn't score...
And like i said I never wrote him off and never siad he can't come back like you guys close door on other players but as of now he is not better than haba or golla. and that is my point.
Hold on here. I think you are attacking me here. and last time i checked that's against broad rules. I think you are the one who started calling players better or what ever. Don't bring your garbage here. May be this days calling so called underperformed talented player what they are worth is racist!!!

Oh so what about the players that performs? Rafiq, Mash...

Looks like some one is blinded by something. Again don't think what i am feeling leave it to me say what ever you have to say or make your own point.

You have no logic but to show your muscle but you forgot one thing this is internet.

again make your own assumption don't try to think what i am thinking cause you are not that ...

Well look at the stats again you will see if you can at all see anything...

Get a life...

Haba has better stats then Ashraful, does that make Haba a better batsman then Ashraful? Habas golden days are over ! He is not the sort of player he used to be. His prime days are over ! Which is why he has been dropped from the ODI team. Thank you very much ! I guess the selectors decision to drop Haba from ODI which will gradually lead to a drop from Test, gives you clear message about what the selectors and the outside world is thinking. All your thoughts are better kept in your bedroom. Learn to think outside the box ! Go by current stasts and not the stats that are old. If you want to go by previous stats then players can never retire I guess ! bring back all the old bangladeshi team players into the curren squad ! I said Kapali is one of the best allrounders around, I never said he is the best allrounder ! So, i don't get why you bringing Mash and Rafique here mate. Cricketer = batting + bowling + fielding ! Now if you are to rate Haba, Golla and Kapali for their current performances, who would come out first based on the three aspects of being a cricketer. As I have stated earlier, Kapali is 3 Dimensional, He can bat, bowl and field well, where as others can at best get to 2D raing like some of our forum members. The national team gets upgraded all the time, or else we would have still be playig with Akram and Chacha and Co. ! Think Ouside the box !

PS : As far far as my life is concerned, I am sure its way better then yours under any circumstances ! Period

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 11:34 PM
Kapali ek pura kopali botey....regardless what the stats may say...He is of far superior class than HB and Gullu.

Stats doesn't always tell the truth- Kapali is the prime example! In last two NCL he has scored 8 FC Tons along with a few 50s...that isn't reflected in stats. 8 FC tons in two seasons for a BD player is quite staggering. How many FC tons HB and JO scored in their long career?

Having said that, comparing Alok with Bashar is not fair to either of them.

Exactly ! Completely agree with you mate !

Beamer
February 6, 2008, 11:40 PM
Beamer B i got it the first time...

I know you LOVE kapali
And
I like Kapali

but based on what he did so far I don't think he is NTL team caliber player in this time (yeah if he had born 20 years ago he could have been easily in the team instead of shujon or golla...)

You like Kapali? Faltu player bolla je agey? tumi faltu player like koro. You are as enigmatic as our skip Akabir..

akabir77
February 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
You like Kapali? Faltu player bolla je agey? tumi faltu player like koro. You are as enigmatic as our skip Akabir..

r ey rager mathay bolsi ato bhalo ekta shujog pailo kintu kisu kortey parlo na...

akabir77
February 7, 2008, 10:36 AM
Haba has better stats then Ashraful, does that make Haba a better batsman then Ashraful? Habas golden days are over ! He is not the sort of player he used to be. His prime days are over ! Which is why he has been dropped from the ODI team. Thank you very much ! I guess the selectors decision to drop Haba from ODI which will gradually lead to a drop from Test, gives you clear message about what the selectors and the outside world is thinking. All your thoughts are better kept in your bedroom. Learn to think outside the box ! Go by current stasts and not the stats that are old. If you want to go by previous stats then players can never retire I guess ! bring back all the old bangladeshi team players into the curren squad ! I said Kapali is one of the best allrounders around, I never said he is the best allrounder ! So, i don't get why you bringing Mash and Rafique here mate. Cricketer = batting + bowling + fielding ! Now if you are to rate Haba, Golla and Kapali for their current performances, who would come out first based on the three aspects of being a cricketer. As I have stated earlier, Kapali is 3 Dimensional, He can bat, bowl and field well, where as others can at best get to 2D raing like some of our forum members. The national team gets upgraded all the time, or else we would have still be playig with Akram and Chacha and Co. ! Think Ouside the box !

PS : As far far as my life is concerned, I am sure its way better then yours under any circumstances ! Period

I am editing my self here... hope by now you haven't read what i had to say...

I have lost interest with your logics and stuff and i am not going to down grade my self to your stature...

mshakir56
February 7, 2008, 11:45 AM
I am editing my self here... hope by now you haven't read what i had to say...

I have lost interest with your logics and stuff and i am not going to down grade my self to your stature...

You dont have to down grade your stature, cause your stature is already lower then mines ! So chill ! :floor:

RazabQ
February 7, 2008, 01:01 PM
Akabir and Shakir - stop the bickering. Agree to disagree and cut out the personal digs. - Mod

reyme
February 7, 2008, 01:34 PM

Kapali just outscored both JO and HB in these practice matches. He has 2 second highest scores in the C team.

Murad
February 7, 2008, 01:50 PM
Kapali just outscored both JO and HB in these practice matches. He has 2 second highest scores in the C team.

Nope!

Both HB & JO got 50 each in one of the matches.

One World
February 7, 2008, 03:07 PM
No Kapali, its Raqibul time.

reyme
February 7, 2008, 03:56 PM
Nope!

Both HB & JO got 50 each in one of the matches.

Yes, thats one of the matches, I am talking about total runs in all of the matches. Whats the point scoring 50, and score 9 and 0 in others? Thats why JO was not selected.

reyme
February 7, 2008, 03:58 PM
No Kapali, its Raqibul time.

Thats what I heard before, no Akram, it is Kapali time. Where did it take us? National team is no place for tryouts.

akabir77
February 7, 2008, 04:53 PM
Yes, thats one of the matches, I am talking about total runs in all of the matches. Whats the point scoring 50, and score 9 and 0 in others? Thats why JO was not selected.

Good for BD ODI team that JO was not selected.

Also That's why Kapali was not selected either... and good for BD TEST and ODI team ...

Ishtylish cricketer
February 7, 2008, 05:49 PM
Anyway why has this thread turned into Kapali vs JO and Bashar stats? Kapali came in as a bowler guys. Bashar occupied #3 spot for a long time. HB was great in his prime no doubt. Our best test batsman to this date so he deserves some recognition. Kapali also played well world cup in SA when our batsman struggled against Canada. We all remember Ashraful's 87 vs SA mainly because we won he's more flamboyant but Kaps' 89 vs WI was a gem too. Jo shouldn't figure in any conversation anymore. Lost cause for me. You can't play that negative anymore. For someone who relied on defense so much, he had the most unorthodox batting technique. Always used get squared up, defending chest on almost. Opened the inning without being a good back foot player. Not to mention his tendency to mak batting look like an unsolved mystery.