PDA

View Full Version : National School cricket 2008 starts 9th February

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2008, 11:22 AM
Special day indeed.
This is an under 16 tourney. Through out the country around in 70 venues there will be a total of 969 matches. 7 divisional champions will be decided. Standard Charter is the sponsor.

460 schools are representing 34 districts in this tournament.

Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament 2008.

http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=4688&pageTitle=details&editionID=261

I hope Shaheen school is playing and they win it all. If not any CCs would be fine. :)

sadi
February 6, 2008, 11:35 AM
I wish school cricket in Bangladesh was as popular as college football here. I would have loved to follow it.

mshakir56
February 6, 2008, 11:42 AM
This is a great move by BCB. School Cricket will lay the foundation for our bright future.

exotic
February 6, 2008, 12:04 PM
Special day indeed.
This is an under 16 tourney. Through out the country around in 70 venues there will be a total of 969 matches....Standard Chartered Young Tigers National School Cricket Tournament 2008.......

I hope Shaheen school is playing and they win it all. If not any CCs would be fine. :)

Yeah SCB is doing a great job for quite a few years now i guess.

And for CCs, I don't think they gonna participate. Back in our days we used to play a total no of 6 match per year and practise for a week or so (have no idea whether the things have changed now). There was no scope for us to develop our cricketing skills. Though we had Nannu's younger brother (Taiyab Abedin Nemo, I guess he was in the same batch as yours, HSC '89) in our college (FCC), who was a superb batsman and one of their cousin, also a very good batsmen. If we had proper opportunity to learn from them and play more, who knows many of us might end up as being a cricketer. Oh good old days.

Rabz
February 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
Ah..Nirman Cricket...(sorry to SCB, you guys doing a great job but nirman is almost synonimous to school cricket)... reminds me of good ol' days..

Go Willes Little Flower.

WLFS Rules.

Not sure about the records of past few years, but we WLFS used to be one of the best cricketing school in the country.
9 times champion.

layperson
February 6, 2008, 02:00 PM
School cricket is dominated by BKSP, period. Their major competitors has kept changing over the years but they pretty much dominate school cricket and understandably so.

al-Sagar
February 7, 2008, 02:37 AM
34 district ??? what happened to the other 30.

anyway i hope scouts and coaches are watcing the tournament from the start, not only when 12-16 teams remaining.

because there will be some talents in weak teams who may go out early in the tournament and may not be spotted.

rickshaman
February 7, 2008, 10:36 AM
bksp does not play nemore in da skul league.....dey play da divisions now.....dey haf an unfair advantage wher sports is one of the primary stuffs fer dem.....fer other skuls its jus showin dere talent and hafin som fun.....so its a gud thing bksp dsnt play nemore......

Tigers_eye
February 7, 2008, 10:52 AM
bksp does not play nemore in da skul league.....dey play da divisions now.....dey haf an unfair advantage wher sports is one of the primary stuffs fer dem.....fer other skuls its jus showin dere talent and hafin som fun.....so its a gud thing bksp dsnt play nemore......
BKSP does not play anymore in the school league. They play the division now. They have an unfair advantage where sports is one of the primary stuffs for them. For other schools it's just showing their talent and having some fun. So it's a good thing BKSP doesn't play anymore.