PDA

View Full Version : why are we not playing twenty20 cricket?

tanim3960
February 9, 2008, 02:09 AM
every time a team tour another country they play at least 2 or 3 t20 match, like Westindies played 3- t20 match in South Africa. England is playin now in NZ.India played in Australia cpuple of days a go.
why BCB is not arranging t20 match when a country visit us or we visit them?
is it because no body wanat to play t20 against us.

after all t20 is becomeing very popular in modern cricket.

nzfan
February 9, 2008, 02:11 AM
do you even play 20/20 domestically?

kalpurush
February 9, 2008, 02:23 AM
is it because no body wanat to play t20 against us.

Yes!...you are right. Because we are so good at....nobody wants to lose to BD!!:D

tonoy
February 9, 2008, 02:29 AM

yes we do. In fact, didn't we beat your team already?

cricman
February 9, 2008, 02:33 AM
yes we do. In fact, didn't we beat your team already?

It didn't count & lets not talk about anything from the last tour

yup, the final was even televised ... thats how everyone heard about Juniad Siddique and Saw Tamim play for the 1st time.

But to answer the thread starters question, theres a limit of only 7 International 20/20 to be played per year, and I honestly believe we should only start playing 20/20's a few months before the World 20/20s. I do think we have a Top 5 20/20 side in the world, we'll definitely make it to the 2nd round of the world 20/20's being grouped with India and Zimbabwe helps too.

tonoy
February 9, 2008, 02:37 AM
It didn't count & lets not talk about anything from the last tour

oh come on, help a brother out man.

mshakir56
February 9, 2008, 02:56 AM

To answer your question: Yes we do ! Our domestic T20 competition is about to begin in a few weeks I think !

The reason others coutries may not want to play T20 against us is because, ICC has a rule that a country can only play only 7 T20 matches every year. Which is why most of the teams will look to play against teams that will draw a lot crowds and TV audience to maximise their margin of profit ! I am sure if we are to play a series against Zimbabwe, we would get at T20 series ! Thats for sure ! Cause nobody would waste their allotted 7 matches against Zim as well !

mshakir56
February 9, 2008, 03:00 AM
Having said that, I would like to point out that we are a far better ODI team then a Test Team and on the other hand We are a far better Twenty 20 team then a ODI team ! The smaller the version of cricket it becomes the better we get ! As far as T20 is concerned, we are capable of beating any sides !

billah
February 9, 2008, 03:20 AM
Very annoying avatar, Tonoy, I must say...:)

tonoy
February 9, 2008, 03:28 AM
Very annoying avatar, Tonoy, I must say...:)

really? I thought it was quite cool. lol

kalpurush
February 9, 2008, 03:40 AM
Hei Tonoy, it's the Proteus ...you wana kill, right?;)

tonoy
February 9, 2008, 03:44 AM
lol. you played starcraft?

Sohel
February 9, 2008, 03:49 AM
Tonoy, your NepDyn avatar was so much better dude!

Anyway, as far as "cricket entertainment" is concerned, I've come to prefer T20s to ODIs. Only 3 hours max and no slow overs in the middle ... can't beat that. I also dig the extreme pressure on players to perform because of the short duration. The excessive slogging on the other hand, can be quite an eyesore. I guess I'll always be a sucker for test cricket for a taste of the real thing.

Anyway, I'm off to Bagerhat. This would be my last post for a while. Thanks everyone, it has been fun as always ... :)

Shafin
February 9, 2008, 03:52 AM
What avatar are you using right now? Still that dancing one?

I have blocked your avatar quite some time ago,along with some others with quick animations. These look cool on videos,but on a web page where you are trying to focus on texts,these moving things are major annoyances and put pressures on eyes.

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2008, 05:16 AM
What!? We play T20's everyday...it's not our fault they count them as test matches!

mshakir56
February 9, 2008, 07:39 AM
U got a point!

al Furqaan
February 9, 2008, 01:51 PM
why aren't we playing t20 cricket?

4 reasons:

- contrary to popular belief, we suck at t20s also
- it is garbage cricket
- it will ruin our test/ODI mindset ever further (if possible)
- asides from bhua indian fans (who have the BCCI partly to blame) no one important gives a damn about t20 cricket.

Russell2k7
February 9, 2008, 02:10 PM
What!? We play T20's everyday...it's not our fault they count them as test matches!

lol yup.

kalpurush
February 9, 2008, 08:22 PM
Come on Asif Bhai...give Tigers a break!:)

cricket_king
February 9, 2008, 08:57 PM
Twenty20 isn't even cricket. I despise this form altogether. It should only be played rarely just as a match to give some relief to players from the more intense ODI and test games. 20 over matches...pfft. /:)

mshakir56
February 10, 2008, 02:31 AM
Twenty20 isn't even cricket. I despise this form altogether. It should only be played rarely just as a match to give some relief to players from the more intense ODI and test games. 20 over matches...pfft. /:)

Twenty 20 is all about the muscles ! Who ever has more muscles will eventually win !

lamisa
February 10, 2008, 02:42 AM
well though its not lik real cricket still its fun 2 watch and i bet da players hav fun playing it!

lamisa
February 10, 2008, 02:44 AM
comeon now!i mean yea t20 iz not lik real cricket but itz fun 2 watch and i bet dat da players even have fun palying it!

bdchamp20
February 10, 2008, 09:05 AM
T20 is cricket..and what is fake cricket by the way? Which part of T20 is fake and whoever says Bangladesh sucks at T20, can u please explain according to me we play our best cricket at T20s our players are young, spoilt, immature brats and thats what is needed sometimes in T20s..we should be playing more T20s..I hope we have good practice ahead of the T20 Champs