PDA

View Full Version : Shah Rukh Khan Calls Rafique to Join his IPL team

cricman
February 10, 2008, 11:36 PM
I knew rafique was gonna play in IPL, I knew rafique and Ganguly are good friends and dada wanted Rafique on his team to be respected by one of his peers of ganguly stature showed how good Rafique is/was and how much he helped us in our Cricket develepment.

but for Mr. Bollywood himself to call Rafique himself and personally ask him to be on his team is something else :D. Ash can date Monalisa's but Rafique gonna star in some Bangla Natoks now he's got the hook up from Shah Rukh Khan.

Can Shah Rukh call Bashar too and take him away;).

DHAKA -Top Bangladeshi spinner Mohammad Rafique said yesterday he had received an offer to join Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s team for the inaugural Twenty20 Indian Premier League (IPL).
The left-arm spinner, who will retire from international cricket after an upcoming home series against South Africa, said he got the call to play for Khan’s Kolkata team, expected to be led by former India captain Sourav Ganguly.<o:p></o:p>
“He offered for me to play for his team. I was just awestruck by the call from no other than my favourite hero Shah Rukh Khan,” Rafique said.<o:p></o:p>
“I told him I would be available after the South African series. Ganguly’s brother and the team’s agent have been keeping in touch with me. We will have final talks after the series.”<o:p></o:p>
South Africa arrive in Bangladesh next week to play two Tests and three one-day internationals

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/sports/2008/February/sports_February372.xml&section=sports&col=

lamisa
February 10, 2008, 11:43 PM
woooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good on him!!!!

ialbd
February 10, 2008, 11:46 PM
hehehe...... good for Rafiq...... hehe shahrukh khan's team..... hope thats not the actual name of the team...

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2008, 11:48 PM
Good to see our players getting good press/celebrity attention.

Btw, how is Khan associated with the Kolkata team?

Nafis_BD
February 10, 2008, 11:48 PM
Wow great news for Rafique. This thread seems to catch everyone's attention. At first I thought this was a joke or something like that but I had to read carefully a couple of times to believe it!!

cricman
February 11, 2008, 12:05 AM
Good to see our players getting good press/celebrity attention.

He owns the team

DJ Sahastra
February 11, 2008, 12:39 AM
My gut feeling is, you'll see a much more effective Rafique.

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 12:43 AM
Wow! Sharuk called rafique! Good luck rafique!

tiger_omar
February 11, 2008, 12:43 AM
Good for Mohammad Rafique. He has had some bad breaks in his long cricketing career, so it's about time he starts getting some deserved international attention. The more bangladeshi players, the more I'll pay attention to the IPL, so this is great.

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 01:08 AM
anybody else beside Rafique and Ashraful getting a call ?

al-Sagar
February 11, 2008, 01:09 AM
i think next time rafiq will be seen in big screen in a goury khan film, as co-actor of shahrukh khan.

rafiq will have a new good carreer after the cricket career ends

Dhakablues
February 11, 2008, 01:18 AM
Rafique is a crowd favorite. Shahrukh is a better businessman than an actor ( not to stir any contro.. BTW). The reason Shahrukh invited Rafique for a Kolkata team is pretty obvious,,,, they need that attraction and IPL is more of an entertainment than true cricket itself. Then again, Rafique is no doubt a good player who can play in any international team at the spinner slot. I only wish, they invited players who are still playing,, that wouldve given them more exposure and experience.

BD-Shardul
February 11, 2008, 01:41 AM
“He offered for me to play for his team. I was just awestruck by the call from no other than my favourite hero Shah Rukh Khan,” Rafique said.

Now sharukh is Rafique's favorite actor ;)

shujan
February 11, 2008, 01:46 AM
Rafique is a crowd favorite. Shahrukh is a better businessman than an actor ( not to stir any contro.. BTW). The reason Shahrukh invited Rafique for a Kolkata team is pretty obvious,,,, they need that attraction and IPL is more of an entertainment than true cricket itself. Then again, Rafique is no doubt a good player who can play in any international team at the spinner slot. I only wish, they invited players who are still playing,, that wouldve given them more exposure and experience.

I do not remember Rafiq playing in Kolkata or in India in recent past. How can Rafiq be crowed favorite if he has not played over there?

Rafiq is a world class player. he is invited in IPL on his own merit. Only spinners who can match Rafiq in IPL is Kumble and Murali. There is no one better then Rafiq.

shujan
February 11, 2008, 01:47 AM
Now sharukh is Rafique's favorite actor ;)

Wow! Our selectors do not find a spot for Rafiq in NZ. What can I say? Selectors found some cheap Ganza before they picked the team for NZ.

Rabz
February 11, 2008, 02:15 AM
Now SRK can call Bashar , ask him to play ( hence money money for HB), he retires from international cricket, and we say:

"Om,Shanti, Om".

Rabz
February 11, 2008, 02:17 AM
Selectors found some cheap Ganza

oh... can i order in a lot?
times when there is a price hike in everything, cheap G sounds so good.
i could make some money.

Antora
February 11, 2008, 02:20 AM
Shah Rukh Kahn's team? lmao!

good luck rafique!

Mahir
February 11, 2008, 02:29 AM

He was the higest bidder to assume ownership rights of the Kolkata franchise. They're just calling the team as SRK's team for his popularity. Actually, Red Chillies Entertainment - a movie production house owned by Shahrukh Khan, Juhi Chawla and her husband, would be the technical owner of the Kolkata team.

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 02:33 AM
Now SRK can call Bashar , ask him to play ( hence money money for HB), he retires from international cricket, and we say:

"Om,Shanti, Om".

Yeah when Shahruk Calls Bashar, Bashar will be like, listen Mr. Shahruk, IPL is a T20 tournament, and I am a test player, now you gonno diss me like that by calling me to your team ! Not acceptable ! :floor::floor:

Game On
February 11, 2008, 05:18 AM
SRK is the owner of the Kolkata team ;

Pritey Zinta is the owner of another team as well ;

Miraz
February 11, 2008, 06:16 AM
What's next?

Rafique as a hero in a bollywood film directed by Karan Johr (Sharukh's best friend)?

On a serious note, Congrats Rafique, you always made us proud and I know you will perform exceptionally well in IPL.

Good luck to Kolkata team!!

cricket_pagol
February 11, 2008, 06:33 AM
Good for Rafique!!! I am sure he will make us proud in IPL.

FagunerAgun
February 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
hehehe...... good for Rafiq...... hehe shahrukh khan's team..... hope thats not the actual name of the team...
:lol::lol:

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2008, 09:39 AM
Good Move. S Khan is a good businessman. If Rafique signs for the Bengal team how many of you would support that team? 90% I guess. Some may even start watching IPL.

Wish him all the best and may be the sixes he made against the Aussies (I think 6 in one innings - poor Shane Warne) will be back.

Ehsan
February 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
Ra..Ra..Ra..Rafique in Shahrukh's team? Nice. I hope Rafique would not get stu..aaa..uuck [stuck] while hitting some balls for sixes.

kaisermatin
February 11, 2008, 10:17 AM
Om shanti! Om Shanti! Rafique da deserves it! He has a dedicated career in cricket. I would suggest to train him in management for future stint with BCB.

kaisermatin
February 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
IPL should arrange some matches in international venues like dhaka/karachi/dubai/chicago. Go IPL International!

DJ Sahastra
February 11, 2008, 10:27 AM
I don't think Shahrukh knows anything about Md. Rafique. I think Rafique must've been recommended by Ganguly as one of the overseas players.

Not bad, IMO. I always believed Rafique was capable of much more. Maybe i'll have a vindication even if not the way i had thought it will be.

abu2abu
February 11, 2008, 10:30 AM
Why is rafique make a big song and dance about this? Aren't a number of BD players pencilled in to take part in this tournament including ash and mash? I don't see them advertisiing the fact to anyone who'll listen!

shujan
February 11, 2008, 10:49 AM
Why is rafique make a big song and dance about this? Aren't a number of BD players pencilled in to take part in this tournament including ash and mash? I don't see them advertisiing the fact to anyone who'll listen!

Ash and Mash is in the pool of players to be picked by a team. They have not secured a spot yet in any team. I think they both wil be picked by some team as Bangladeshi players has lighter schedule then other international players. Ash and mash will be available more then other players. This is a plus for Bangladeshi players.

lamisa
February 11, 2008, 11:05 AM
i thot sum1 mentioned sth about ash already being included in some team?:confused:

betaar
February 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
I think Rafiq has just been outsourced.....cheap labor for IPL you might call it. I think he will give more bang for the buck for S. Khan's business (cricket).

sadi
February 11, 2008, 11:24 AM
Shahrukh did the right thing. Kolkata team can definitely use Bangladesh's support and the best way to get our support is sign one or two of our players.

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2008, 11:30 AM
I think Rafiq has just been outsourced.....cheap labor for IPL you might call it. I think he will give more bang for the buck for S. Khan's business (cricket).
lol, outsourcing is not the appropriate word. One outsources not-core functions of the company. Rafiq's role is a core role for any team. It is more like hiring a foreign expert for consultancy and hands-on implementation of strategies. This move would be anything but cheap. This is a marketing strategy to gain market control. The local boys/experts are alot cheaper for sure even with the currency converter being in to play.

betaar
February 11, 2008, 12:30 PM
lol, outsourcing is not the appropriate word. One outsources not-core functions of the company. Rafiq's role is a core role for any team. It is more like hiring a foreign expert for consultancy and hands-on implementation of strategies. This move would be anything but cheap. This is a marketing strategy to gain market control. The local boys/experts are alot cheaper for sure even with the currency converter being in to play.

T_I, may be I should clarify why I said what I said. See, IPL has the money and the crowd to pull any current/ ex-international players who are, if not better, as good as Rafiq. Those players however are more expensive to grab due the country they played or play for and would ask significant amount of money if offered a contract. Ganguly knows exactly how much money BD players, in this case Rafiq, make and wanted to take full advantage of that. In my analogy, the comparison was not with the local spinners that Kolkata team had, rather the international pool of players they can go after. But for business reason, they’d rather go after Rafiq as he’s more likely to deliver what he’s expected all for a very cheap deal (since now he's retired) in comparison to the rest I spoke of.

Roni_uk
February 11, 2008, 12:44 PM
SRK is the owner of the Kolkata team ;

Pritey Zinta is the owner of another team as well ;

Can I own a team? I want Tamil Nadu :P

but good on Rafique.. he deserves it. We are gonna lose our best bowler ever (to SRK) :(

Beamer
February 11, 2008, 12:45 PM
I was going to root for Kolkata team anyway, now the interest has just tripled and the rooting will be more vociferous. He will give any team quality four overs in 20/20's and still capable of hitting a few lusty blows off spinners or medium pacers- all good attributes for a 20/20 player.

Roni_uk
February 11, 2008, 12:47 PM
Good Move. S Khan is a good businessman. If Rafique signs for the Bengal team how many of you would support that team? 90% I guess. Some may even start watching IPL.

Wish him all the best and may be the sixes he made against the Aussies (I think 6 in one innings - poor Shane Warne) will be back.

I watched most of the ICL matches.. loved it, specially to all the great retired players. KOL was my team.. I think they were 3rd (or 4th) but Tamil (tigers or lions or dragons .. can't remember) rocked!

Kabir
February 11, 2008, 12:49 PM
Oh my God. I can see a remake of Badshah coming out very soon :D

Ajfar
February 11, 2008, 12:52 PM
tailee..govindo ekhon kare offer dibo???

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
Now lets wait and see how much Rafique getting palying for Kolkata ! I think they will pay him handsomely !

Rabz
February 11, 2008, 01:04 PM
IPL should arrange some matches in international venues like dhaka/karachi/dubai/chicago. Go IPL International!

Not a bad idea actually. I bet you gonna see that happening in the 3rd/4th season of IPL.

A match between Kolkata Vs Delhi(or any other for that matter) with possibly couple of Bangladeshi players would certainly be a fullhouse.

World Premier League?
or
International Premier League.

Fazal
February 11, 2008, 02:53 PM
... looks like Abahani need to arrangea call from Dhallywood Star Purnima, so that he stays with the local team, Abahani.

Rumz_01
February 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
Go Rafique!! Best of Luck watever happens!! he's an amazing cricketer..love him!!! lol

Game On
February 11, 2008, 03:44 PM
Can I own a team? I want Tamil Nadu :P

but good on Rafique.. he deserves it. We are gonna lose our best bowler ever (to SRK) :(

Wish you can !!!!!!!

SRK's team is worth around 30 million ;

If you can afford then buy Tamil Nadu with heaps of money :)

zahid
February 11, 2008, 06:01 PM
cricman, apney kun khater nichey poira thaken?

Monalisa is engaged to Habib.

Game over!

dash
February 11, 2008, 06:17 PM
Ash and Mash is in the pool of players to be picked by a team. They have not secured a spot yet in any team. I think they both wil be picked by some team as Bangladeshi players has lighter schedule then other international players. Ash and mash will be available more then other players. This is a plus for Bangladeshi players.

any player only on the list will be on auction by bcci.then teams have to bid. srk probably had informal talks but he has to go through auction. nd any way rafik talks too much i remember him saying yohana asked him to play the icl

dash
February 11, 2008, 06:27 PM
T_I, may be I should clarify why I said what I said. See, IPL has the money and the crowd to pull any current/ ex-international players who are, if not better, as good as Rafiq. Those players however are more expensive to grab due the country they played or play for and would ask significant amount of money if offered a contract. Ganguly knows exactly how much money BD players, in this case Rafiq, make and wanted to take full advantage of that. In my analogy, the comparison was not with the local spinners that Kolkata team had, rather the international pool of players they can go after. But for business reason, they’d rather go after Rafiq as he’s more likely to deliver what he’s expected all for a very cheap deal (since now he's retired) in comparison to the rest I spoke of.

lowest bidding price for a player is usd3 million nd highest usd5 million. what ever srk pays rafik he wont be cheap

metallian
February 11, 2008, 06:47 PM
hahahah. sharukh khan's team??!! is this a joke? lol.

Murad
February 11, 2008, 06:48 PM
cricman, apney kun khater nichey poira thaken?

Monalisa is engaged to Habib.

Game over!

But the reports later said it was just a rumore :)

Poor Habib But LUCKY Zahid :-p

Omio
February 11, 2008, 07:46 PM
Amir khan er kono team nai?
Logon e je batting dekhailo.

arafath79
February 11, 2008, 07:54 PM
ChAK DA RAFIQUE.. HEHEHEHE :D

BangladeshFan
February 11, 2008, 08:02 PM
its a clever deal from different points.

now they will have whole bangladesh watching kolkata's games with interest which increases the value of money for sponsors.

BD Tigers
February 11, 2008, 08:54 PM
Movie "The Boss" is coming soon...check your local listings Kolkata :D

Game On
February 11, 2008, 09:16 PM

Only "Prity Zinta" & "SRK" bought 2 teams from Bollywood ;

So , only them have 1 team each ;

SRK has paid around 30 million dollar for that Kolkata "Bengal Tigers" ;

tanim3960
February 11, 2008, 09:17 PM
Except Adam Gilchrist . No Australian will participate in IPL. although there name is on there. Cricket Australia have warned the players not to participate otherwise a disiciplinary action will be taken.
if it so may be few aother bang boys will have chance..
what u think?

Haider
February 11, 2008, 09:42 PM
on a good day ...Rafiq looks like Sharukh Khan.. don't believe me? then see for urself.. compare a picture of Sharukh and a picture of rafiq... wile looking at rafiq.. really really really squint ur eyes and u will see.. eyes can sometimes play tricks.. so u gotta tell ur mind wat u wanna c.. and wala ... haha just my 2 cents :shh:

http://blogimages.flashedcoder.com/images/bollywoodinsight.com/82906071006.jpghttp://www.bbc.co.uk/worldclass/media/mohammed_rafiq330x235.jpg

Game On
February 11, 2008, 10:01 PM
Except Adam Gilchrist . No Australian will participate in IPL. although there name is on there. Cricket Australia have warned the players not to participate otherwise a disiciplinary action will be taken.
what u think?

Australian tv network channel 10 already bought the rights of it ;

Shane Warne , Glenn Mcgrath & Gilly will be playing for sure ;

One World
February 11, 2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah but no chance for Bollywood glory I guess.

It would be good for him to be able to play in IPL. He deserves a Congratz. It also proves how he is measured in the international arena. Only our selectors are blind enough to ignore that truth.

dash
February 11, 2008, 10:25 PM
what u think?

kotha theke ei khobor paisen mama
aus board to ak pae khara. pak tour jhamela na korlei hoi

Electrequiem
February 11, 2008, 11:50 PM
good for Rafique! Nice gesture from SRK to call Rafique himself instead of having someone else to do it for him. I wonder if Rafique told SRK "mujhe apka movies bahut pasand hai!"

Omio
February 12, 2008, 06:16 AM
on a good day ...Rafiq looks like Sharukh Khan.. don't believe me? then see for urself.. compare a picture of Sharukh and a picture of rafiq... wile looking at rafiq.. really really really squint ur eyes and u will see.. eyes can sometimes play tricks.. so u gotta tell ur mind wat u wanna c.. and wala ... haha just my 2 cents :shh:

http://blogimages.flashedcoder.com/images/bollywoodinsight.com/82906071006.jpghttp://www.bbc.co.uk/worldclass/media/mohammed_rafiq330x235.jpg
Rafique looks better.:)

abu2abu
February 12, 2008, 06:44 AM
Australian tv network channel 10 already bought the rights of it ;

Shane Warne , Glenn Mcgrath & Gilly will be playing for sure ;

I think it' that no contracted players are permitted to play. Mcgrath and Warne have both retired and so has gilly (and he's getting special dispensation as he is still contracted to CA...)

sadi
February 12, 2008, 09:40 AM
I think it' that no contracted players are permitted to play. Mcgrath and Warne have both retired and so has gilly (and he's getting special dispensation as he is still contracted to CA...)

Contracted players are allowed to play if they don't have any international tour at that time. Only Australian board is creating some fuss over the sponsorship issues. Other boards are fine with it. The only reason why they gave a two year window between the retirement and IPL is from the fear that players may retire to play for IPL if they feel like they won't be able to play because of their schedule conflicts otherwise.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 12, 2008, 10:05 AM
Haha. Just hope they play all 3 bd players in 3 separate teams so that they all have a unique experience and learn from other players.

zia
February 12, 2008, 12:30 PM
I wonder how the conversation went. Most likely it was in Hindi. Rafiq with his Dhakaia Bangla Hindi accent. "Hellooo ap kemoon hai?"

auntu
February 12, 2008, 12:49 PM
rafique gettin respect for his service to the nation, no doubt. i used to watch crickrt from the days of Hydrabad blues at Dhaka st.. seen rafique's commitment n dittermination... great! never seen anyone before he comes out. salute man!

Rumz_01
February 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Haider;619523]on a good day ...Rafiq looks like Sharukh Khan.. don't believe me? then see for urself.. compare a picture of Sharukh and a picture of rafiq... wile looking at rafiq.. really really really squint ur eyes and u will see.. eyes can sometimes play tricks.. so u gotta tell ur mind wat u wanna c.. and wala ... haha just my 2 cents :shh:

They have the same nose!!! well similar...

Rabz
February 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
SRK has paid around 30 million dollar for that Kolkata "Bengal Tigers" ;

I thought it was 76 million Dollars.

sadi
February 12, 2008, 02:04 PM
lowest bidding price for a player is usd3 million nd highest usd5 million. what ever srk pays rafik he wont be cheap

Dash bhai, I wish it was like that. The team's budget is 3.3 to 5 million. Not the lowest bidding price for an individual player.

sadi
February 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
A little off the topic maybe but here is a great article about IPL from Cricinfo.

The cash in the cash cow (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/335800.html)

Few interesting paragraphs:

Consider the television deal. WSG has promised IPL about $350 million for the first five years and a little over $550 million for the following five years. As such, in the first year WSG is committed to paying IPL $70 million (or, at Rs 40 to a dollar, Rs 280 crore). How much can Sony recover from advertisers? Let's go by industry benchmarks. ESPN Star Sports holds the telecast rights for the current Indian tour of Australia. According to a company executive, for four Test matches, one Twenty20 game and 14 one-day internationals - involving a three-team league and at least two finals - ESPN Star Sports has earned some $ 81 million in ad revenue. About $19 million has come from the Test series, and $62 million from the limited-overs segment.

The bigger conflict could be four or five years away. By then the IPL franchisees could be doing one of two things. First, they could be running profitable cricket ventures that could be making money or simply be subsidised by the publicity budget of the larger business house that owns the franchise. Alternatively, the franchisees could be pouring in money but not recovering a modicum, and be getting tired of being treated as second-class citizens in cricket's universe. A question could well be asked: "Why should our IPL clubs play second fiddle, in terms of scheduling and branding, to international cricket? We're putting in good money; the cricket boards owe us something, surely?"

Mature sports markets have faced this dilemma. English football, where the national squad is far less than the sum of the Premier League teams, is a case in point. Only this January, the FIFA president, Sepp Blatter, exclaimed, "Look at the big clubs in the Premier League ... it is not the English or British game that is represented. The clubs are international XIs ... But this does not serve football. To serve football, you must never forget the national team." The men who run Manchester United and Arsenal will probably disagree. So will investors who have bought equity in these clubs. In five years or so, a little after the 2011 ICC World Cup is played in the subcontinent, Indian cricket and the BCCI, IPL and its franchises, may have to confront similar conundrums.

gunda
February 28, 2008, 08:44 AM
Rafique to join Bollywood stars team?
(AFP)

11 February 2008

DHAKA -Top Bangladeshi spinner Mohammad Rafique said yesterday he had received an offer to join Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan?s team for the inaugural Twenty20 Indian Premier League (IPL).

The left-arm spinner, who will retire from international cricket after an upcoming home series against South Africa, said he got the call to play for Khan?s Kolkata team, expected to be led by former India captain Sourav Ganguly.

?He offered for me to play for his team. I was just awestruck by the call from no other than my favourite hero Shah Rukh Khan,? Rafique said.

?I told him I would be available after the South African series. Ganguly?s brother and the team?s agent have been keeping in touch with me. We will have final talks after the series.?
South Africa arrive in Bangladesh next week to play two Tests and three one-day internationals. -

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/sports/2008/February/sports_February372.xml&section=sports&col=

GO RAFIQUE SPiN DEM ALL OUT...:D

sadi
February 28, 2008, 08:59 AM
Old news. We already have a thread on this. Mods, please merge this with the old one.

Shah Rukh Khan Calls Rafique to Join his IPL team (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=25462&highlight=ipl+rafique)

MarufH
February 28, 2008, 02:22 PM

hahahaha.. class Omio

Megh
February 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
wish him best of luck and do some damage againgt oppositions. thnx for the news.

bharat
February 28, 2008, 06:06 PM
So finally the Bd'ites are coming around.From anger to indifference and then to interest in a couple of weeks ..thats a good sign for IPL :-)

I wanted Ash for the Hyd team ..I would love to get hold of Rajib .I think Ash is a bargain ..if he comes good he could run away with the match for Delhi ..even if he fails ..he is not overpriced so that should not hurt.

Would like to see him open with Shewag ..and I feel without captancy and opening the batting you might just see a different Ash...and rememeber you heard it here first.Rememeber by name it is -B-H-A-R-A-T.

Eshen
February 28, 2008, 06:11 PM
I suspect Rafique got a more lucrative offer from ICL. He is probably keeping it a secret as otherwise BCB will be forced to kick him out of the national team and terminate his contract immediately.

Murad
February 28, 2008, 06:12 PM
Would like to see him open with Shewag ..and I feel without captancy and opening the batting you might just see a different Ash...and rememeber you heard it here first.Rememeber by name it is -B-H-A-R-A-T.

I will remember it. :D

DJ Sahastra
February 28, 2008, 09:17 PM
IPL seems to have done wonders to Rafique's confidence :).

nsd3
May 31, 2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTAxMjA4&mid=OA==

Rafiq is playing in Kolkata AN Ghosh Tournament and might play in P Sen Trophy as well after this. No IPL luck for Rafiq this year.

BANFAN
June 1, 2008, 05:57 AM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTAxMjA4&mid=OA==

Rafiq is playing in Kolkata AN Ghosh Tournament and might play in P Sen Trophy as well after this.

Just for one match ! perfect Khayep!

bourny3
June 1, 2008, 07:11 PM
he wasnt in the team once. or was he not in the squad.

Alien
June 1, 2008, 07:36 PM
Next Question: How much is he gonna be worth?

amethyst
June 2, 2008, 01:55 AM
Just for one match ! perfect Khayep!

lol! cracked me up!
anyway, good for "hoy chokka noy mokka" man. :D lets see whom Preity Zinta calls.

cricman
July 11, 2008, 06:32 PM
Didn't know where to post this but this seemed appropriate, His Club is about to win 5 trophy this year

Kolkata, July 11 Kalighat inch closer to their fifth title in local cricket. They came back from 10/3 at one stage to beat Sporting Union by five wickets in the P Sen Trophy semifinal at Eden Gardens on Friday. Captain Laxmi Ratan Shukla, who is having a golden run, once again shone with the bat scoring 59 not out off 45 balls. Chasing 137 for victory, Kalighat were home and dry in 18.1 overs.

Their run chase, however, started miserably with Charanjit Singh, Sourashis Lahiri and Amit Das departing inside first three overs. Former Bangladesh spinner Mohammad Rafiq (35 off 18) lent a strong supporting hand to Shukla, and together they added 56 runs for the third wicket. It set the game up for the winners.

I Wonder why no one caught this Article, It looks like Rafique did pretty well in the final and Impressed A Certain IPL coach who was there to watch himKolkata, June 2 Knight Riders coach John Buchanan catches the action from the sidelines as Md Rafique leads the charge for Kalighat Club in the AN Ghosh Memorial Trophy final at Eden Gardens The AN Ghosh Memorial Trophy is an important club event in the Maidan circuit, but was never quite popular among the masses.

For a change, however, two big names from the international circuit lit up the otherwise little-known club tournament — one of them as a player and the other as just a spectator. While Kalighat Club is slogging out at Sporting Union in the four-day AN Ghosh Trophy final being played at the Eden Gardens, Aussie coach John Buchanan turned up at the ground as a ‘spectator’ and Bangladesh Test stalwart Mohammad Rafique led the charge for Kalighat Club with his allround exploits.

The Bangladeshi left-arm spinner smashed an entertaining 71-run knock, helping Kalighat Club coast to a mammoth 648-run innings total against Sporting Union’s meagre 187, all that with coach John Buchanan looking on from the sidelines.

sbsash
July 11, 2008, 07:16 PM
he wasnt in the team once. or was he not in the squad.

ya.

Razi
July 12, 2008, 04:40 AM
Didn't know where to post this but this seemed appropriate, His Club is about to win 5 trophy this year

I Wonder why no one caught this Article, It looks like Rafique did pretty well in the final and Impressed A Certain IPL coach who was there to watch him

Really very glad to know that Rafique is performing both with the bat and ball, but would have been more happier if he could have return like Jayasurya and show the world that age is not a factor if you can perform...!!!:notworthy: