PDA

View Full Version : Mithun Ali... our future WK?

proxdj
February 11, 2008, 07:07 PM
Mushy failed so many times to score some runs... so he is not the answer. I have been looking at some of Mithun's recent performance... this kid looks good... soon to be 18... what do you guys think of him taking over the national WK?

Murad
February 11, 2008, 07:11 PM
I don't want to see another teenager in the national team. He needs to play for Academy & A-team for at least 2 yrs to be considered for the National team. He also have to show consistency.

We have Dhiman Ghosh in the line up for the 2nd WK. He's also a good batsman. He will very soon take over the gloves from Mushy.

al-Sagar
February 11, 2008, 08:17 PM
let mithun ali play for academy or a sides foe 1-2 years.

kalpurush
February 12, 2008, 12:46 AM
Dhiman is a better choice I would say...
Though, Mushy still have my vote.

BD-Shardul
February 12, 2008, 01:42 AM
Only wicketkeeper or wicketkeeper cum superstar? :-D

mshakir56
February 12, 2008, 02:50 AM
Mithun Ali has the potential to become a wicketkeeper batsman superstar ! HEHE ! He has got talents. He is also Aggresive batsman, unlike Mushfiq ! Thats the sort of Player we need. He still has a long way to go ! He is now the opening batsman, now that raises a question. Is he our next Gilchrist !

BD-Shardul
February 12, 2008, 04:09 AM
Mithun Ali has the potential to become a wicketkeeper batsman superstar ! HEHE ! He has got talents. He is also Aggresive batsman, unlike Mushfiq ! Thats the sort of Player we need. He still has a long way to go ! He is now the opening batsman, now that raises a question. Is he our next Gilchrist !

:sick:

tiger_army
February 12, 2008, 04:27 AM
oh come on this is not funny......if someone in u-19 plays well we declere him the next superstar..we shud stop this otherwise BD cric will hav a dark future

Game On
February 12, 2008, 04:39 AM
If he's then kick the Mushfiq out as he's useless ;

abu2abu
February 12, 2008, 06:14 AM
we shouldn't jinx him (malaysia are hardly the powerhouse of cricket). but it would be nice to have some more info on the guy. where's he from, how long as he been playing etc. His cricinfo profile (perhaps predictably) is pretty poor and tigercricket.com have no details on him either...

Eshen
February 12, 2008, 08:07 AM
Mithun first needs to prove his worth in domestic leagues (after he returns from Malaysia) before he is considered even for the academy.

akabir77
February 12, 2008, 10:39 AM
another UFF thread. KTHAL na PAKTAI GOFEY TEL...

Ajfar
February 12, 2008, 10:43 AM
ekjoner kahini sesh hoitei arek joner kahini already shuru...

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2008, 10:50 AM
ekjoner kahini sesh hoitei arek joner kahini already shuru...
Platinum boy is coming....

Fazal
February 12, 2008, 11:08 AM
So what is the conclusion? Is he or is he not (our next Gilchrist )?

If not, is he our Dhoni? Or atleast our Shonal Moni?

Ehsan
February 12, 2008, 11:19 AM
Nope, he is our disco dancer (Mithun: "I am a disco dancer...amar-e ekhon national team-e khelaile hoibo cancer...")

Miraz
February 12, 2008, 11:21 AM
Let him play for another 4-5 years before considering him for the national team, please don't try to ruin another future prospect.

Fazal
February 12, 2008, 11:30 AM
Four more years? So we have to witness Rahim four more years struggling?
Looks like for some reason they don't like Pilot (too old may be) & Dhiman ( Who knows. Bad looking may be?)

Bechara Rahim... you are the sacrificial lamb then to save our wonderboy Mithun. Atelast one lamb is saved (instead of two lamb)

btw I am a Rahim Fan. But I think he needs a break to revive his form back.

Rabz
February 12, 2008, 11:30 AM
Mithun who??

oh....that mithun.....
yes he is our next keeper, i mean he should be drafted in the team right now.
Kick pilot, kick mushy, kick ash...oh Ash isnt a keeper. who cares, kick him out too.

bring mithun
bring zetrandra
bring rishi kapoor

Fazal
February 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
I say bring that flop hero who has six fingers, that will be handy when fielding.

Ehsan
February 12, 2008, 11:39 AM
Hrithik? Good point, not only he has six fingers but he is also flexible and tall, he would definitely make a good WK.

jisaan
February 12, 2008, 12:17 PM
from all the scores and recent form it could be said that mithun is a good batsman. from the strike rate, it is easy to assume that he is aggressive
but is he a good keeper? i would doubt though. most of the times, current u-19 team had three wkt keepers.

Kabir
February 12, 2008, 01:21 PM
I say bring that flop hero who has six fingers, that will be handy when fielding.

Suggestion of the year...might as well nominate this for suggestion of the decade :D

bdchamp20
February 12, 2008, 01:21 PM
I think in a squad of 15, we should have two keeper-batsmen. At the moment I'd say Mushfiq and Dhiman would do the job best...Mithun maybe in another 4-5 years..we need him to be more consistent..just runs against Malaysia U-19 isnt enough

auntu
February 12, 2008, 02:01 PM
come on mushi surely got good batting tec. only 1 inning post him in the line is too much. look at aussie. b haddin. they let him groome up.

Spitfire_x86
February 12, 2008, 02:05 PM
Who was the first? :confused:

Mahir
February 12, 2008, 02:33 PM
Is Mushy retiring too ? :doh:And Dhiman must have had a career-ending injury! :hairpull:

Umar
February 12, 2008, 02:34 PM
Superstar?
whats the Definition of Superstar in perspective of Bangladesh cricket??
A star that can never be recognized! (the light and the glitter is not there) perhaps ?

akabir77
February 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
Superstar?
whats the Definition of Superstar in perspective of Bangladesh cricket??
A star that can never be recognized! (the light and the glitter is not there) perhaps ?

A star in bangladesh becomes super star in two ways.
1. when he is Under 19 and make a good knock
2. when a movie star calls him to play for his team.

disclaimer: no superstar of Bangladesh are obligated to play or make any good contribution during his national team stint...:-p

crikss
February 12, 2008, 03:27 PM
When Mushfiq was in U-19 team that time we used to say Mushfiq is our future WK...Now Mithun Ali

Gowza
February 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
i think BD focuses too much on u-19 results, in australia they mean nothing at all, it may give a young player a couple more opportunities in terms of playing 1st grade club cricket or getting into an academy state team but in australia when it comes to senior cricket you have to start from the bottom up. you don't get a free ride straight from the u-19 team to the A team or the national team. in australia you have to prove yourself at club level, prove yourself at the 2nd XI level, then more than prove yourself at the 1st XI state level then and only then might you be considered for a national team spot.

as for keepers in bangaldesh, this guy hasn't proved anything yet, let's not make him another rahim who did basically nothing to get into the national team. i think dhiman is going to be BD's future keeper, i hope that he at least gets a couple of games because he sure can't do any worse than whoever else is chosen to be the national keeper.

Sovik
February 12, 2008, 05:31 PM
too early to tell. we had high hopes on mushfiq and so far he has disappointed many fans.

jeesh
February 13, 2008, 03:40 AM
I remember Tatenda Taibu was just a so so batsman batting at 8 or 9 for Zimbabwe towards the beginning of his career. But over the next few years the guy bloomed into a fantastic middle order batsman. Had it not been for all their internal problems, this guy could have matured easily to Zimbabwes best player- a strategist, a motivator, a batsman and a wicket keeper.
I expected similar from Mushfiq. Afterall this guy led the Under-19 team, used to bat in the middle order, showed plenty of promise. But like many of the other guys coming into the Bd team he hasnt performed the way we all expected. I guess we need to give him more time to develop his game. He is not just prospect as a keeper, but also a middle order batsmen and a captain in future. We need to have faith in him, and ensure not too much of pressure is put. Mithun Ali and Dhiman Ghosh maybe good, but Mushfiq is a special player. Lets hold on to him.

al-Sagar
February 13, 2008, 04:54 AM
I remember Tatenda Taibu was just a so so batsman batting at 8 or 9 for Zimbabwe towards the beginning of his career. But over the next few years the guy bloomed into a fantastic middle order batsman. Had it not been for all their internal problems, this guy could have matured easily to Zimbabwes best player- a strategist, a motivator, a batsman and a wicket keeper.
I expected similar from Mushfiq. Afterall this guy led the Under-19 team, used to bat in the middle order, showed plenty of promise. But like many of the other guys coming into the Bd team he hasnt performed the way we all expected. I guess we need to give him more time to develop his game. He is not just prospect as a keeper, but also a middle order batsmen and a captain in future. We need to have faith in him, and ensure not too much of pressure is put. Mithun Ali and Dhiman Ghosh maybe good, but Mushfiq is a special player. Lets hold on to him.

completely agree. also i remember parthiv patel. lead the india u-19s. made some good knocks. came in straight in the india team. but underperformed and likes of ratra, kartik and depp das gupta were also pushing for places. india lost patience and tried ratra then kartik and no body was settling. finally dhoni came in the scene and he has now took over. but india have lost the talents of their u-19 captain who is very low in confidence.

lets not forget mushfik can still be in the national team only as a top order or middle order batsman.

Murad
February 13, 2008, 04:33 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/336249.html?alt=1

Mithun's Picture

Dhakablues
February 13, 2008, 06:07 PM
Atleast we are getting some good prospects in the pipeline,, I personally dont think Mushfique will have a long career as Mashud did. Maybe Mushfique can become like Sangakkara,, where the latter gave up his gloves to the newby to focus solely on his batting and still is in the squad as an essential member. However, given the depth we have in our pipeline,, the lad will have to work hard and pray for better luck.

Gowza
February 13, 2008, 07:04 PM
all i've got to say is dhiman averages over 45 in NCL one-day cricket and was the leading wicket keeper this season in FC cricket with the gloves. rahim doesn't average over 35 with the bat at any level and isn't anything special with the gloves. it's one thing to have a good technique, but it's useless unless the player performs, dhiman at least performs. someone who has performed at one level is more likely to perform than someone who's never performed at any level.

jeesh
February 13, 2008, 11:21 PM
Competition is good, and thats what i hope brings out the best in Mushfiq. Its a huge advantage to have a wicketkeeper who can also play as a regular batsman. That allows a team to select an additional bowler or an all rounder. Plus the guy is also very intelligent, a definite prospect for captaincy in future. A combination of all these factors makes him my favourite for this role. Good to see Dhiman coming up as well. This is what we need achieve consistently from now on- to develop enough players in the pipeline capable of performing at the highest level.

Pundit
February 14, 2008, 12:09 AM
How about the Next-er superstar wk after Mithun Ali? Have you considered him yet? They say he will be the greatest - he has it all. Even extra padding below his ankle that allows him to reach out beyond 1st slip.

News of him is yet to reach the general media. But his spot in the future-er is secured. Our deshi suppoters in Planet March have a reception podium organized already, in anticipation to his fly by prior to earth landing in the year 2015. Let us hope our current best-est and greatest ,and most precocious little one manages to hold steady form till then.

Kabir
February 14, 2008, 12:11 AM
Our deshi suppoters in Planet March have a reception podium organized already...

Man, at least you should spell it right if you want to insult someone? :D

J/k...I get that a lot too!

mshakir56
February 14, 2008, 01:50 AM
Dhiman has 45 + average in domestic OD matches, how many of our batsman has those sort of avarages at any level. Surprised to see he wasn't in the reserve list. He had great tour of Australia with the Academy team. Plus he scored more runs then Pilot and Mushfiq during the practice matches. So whats the fuss ?

FagunerAgun
February 14, 2008, 11:29 AM

:floor::floor: