PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Australia reveal the Dates for 3 Match ODI series with Bangladesh

cricman
February 12, 2008, 01:57 AM
<!-- // author -->AUSTRALIA will host Bangladesh in three one-day internationals in the Northern Territory in August and September, it has been announced.
<!-- // lead story --> <!-- story body --> Cricket Australia said all three matches would be played at Darwin's Marrara Stadium on August 31 and September 3 and 6.

Bangladesh had been originally scheduled to play two Tests in Australia but they were scrapped for the one-dayers to avoid clashing with the Beijing Olympics, which run from August 8-24.There you have it August 31, Sept 3rd and 6th, I'm still mad over it but were not ready to go into Australia and play Tests with them ... But when we do host them hopefully we can get a proper 3 Test/5 ODI series w/ them

mods: merge it with the other thread that says we wont play tests if u wish

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23202425-23212,00.html

mshakir56
February 12, 2008, 02:35 AM
I am happy for the fact that the tour has been confirmed. bit dissapointed about the fact that we only got 3 odi matches. It should have been 4 or 5 !

Tintin
February 12, 2008, 02:59 AM
Won't the days be too short in August and September ?

cricket_king
February 12, 2008, 03:27 AM
Darn! I was hoping BCB would refuse this offer. No point in going if there it's not even a full series.

nzfan
February 12, 2008, 03:30 AM
I bet the ACB would have been thrilled if bangladesh actually pulled out to be honest.

al Furqaan
February 12, 2008, 03:35 AM
BS...if the scrapped the tests, we should have gotten 5 odis. we're gettin robbed by these criminals!

Gowza
February 12, 2008, 03:49 AM
i'd apprectiate not being called a criminal :-p but i agree that cricket australia aren't treating the bangladesh cricket team with enough respect. the question for me is whether they would cancel a test series against india or england during the same dates and imo the answer would be no. i think all test teams should be treated with equal respect, and cricket australia in this situation aren't doing that.

Antora
February 12, 2008, 04:00 AM
OH august... hmmmmmm i guess there is no point in going if there isnt going to be a full match. plus i dont think there will be skool holidays during that time......but i'll still see if i can some how encourage my Dad to take me.... i mean its bangladesh plus ive never been fortunate enough to see my own team play at the stadium....

Game On
February 12, 2008, 04:10 AM
I am happy for the fact that the tour has been confirmed. bit dissapointed about the fact that we only got 3 odi matches. It should have been 4 or 5 !

You need to win the series against South Africa for that ;

If you can then they will think ;

BD-Shardul
February 12, 2008, 04:21 AM
Alhamdulillah. Now fans can take preparation beforehand.

tiger_army
February 12, 2008, 04:33 AM
Oh Come on not Darwin, At least a single game in crains... Darwin is not a good place to travel.. Its an Aboriginal Teritory and some how they dont like Bangladeshi origin people... My dream to watch BD game live wil never gona make it..Hmm....

al-Sagar
February 12, 2008, 04:36 AM
we will win thw series 3-0

Game On
February 12, 2008, 04:37 AM
We should arrange some odi against England now ;

Look at the Kiwis what they are doing it to England these days ;

battye
February 12, 2008, 05:40 AM
Poor form by Cricket Australia I think. Bangladesh should have at least got 5 ODI's to make up for losing 2 Tests.

Really, if life was fair, BCB should have said "Okay, fine. But next time you tour here it is a 4 Test series".

abu2abu
February 12, 2008, 05:52 AM
t's a shame really, a test series in australia against oz (even if only 2 matches) in August/september would have been a perfect opportunity to see how far BD have gone under siddons...

But I'm sure the tests will be rescheduled for some other time..

Game On
February 12, 2008, 05:55 AM
t's a shame really, a test series in australia against oz (even if only 2 matches) in August/september would have been a perfect opportunity to see how far BD have gone under siddons...

But I'm sure the tests will be rescheduled for some other time..

It's not like you are sure or not ;

The higher teams only be played 3 odi matches & 2 test against the lower ranks teams ;

We don't see as our ranking going up by any chance !!!!!!!!!

But , for Australia to play a Test series against Bangladesh in Australia is too tough for them caz of the sponsership ;

abu2abu
February 12, 2008, 05:56 AM
What's this stuff about the beijing olympics? Is it BD or Australia who wanted to scrap the tests to avoid a "clash"? I can't imagine it was BD, as we don't have many olympians...What's test cricket got to do with the olympics anyway? I fail to see the connection?....

Game On
February 12, 2008, 06:06 AM
What's this stuff about the beijing olympics? Is it BD or Australia who wanted to scrap the tests to avoid a "clash"? I can't imagine it was BD, as we don't have many olympians...What's test cricket got to do with the olympics anyway? I fail to see the connection?....

TV rights man ;

Channels are showing Olympics :)

Anyway as Australia lost last few tri-series in Australia . So , the sponsors decided not to have the tri-series from next year ;

That's how tough for Australia to get the sponsership when they loose a match or two ;

bossman111
February 12, 2008, 07:07 AM
we should have got a T20 match as well!!!

Tintin
February 12, 2008, 07:23 AM
TV rights man ;

Channels are showing Olympics :)

Anyway as Australia lost last few tri-series in Australia . So , the sponsors decided not to have the tri-series from next year ;

That's how tough for Australia to get the sponsership when they loose a match or two ;

That is lame. The Olympics ends on August 24th and the series doesn't start till a week after that. If Bangladesh has to play in Australia till Sep 6 anyway, why not bring the matches back by a week, to start just after the Games.

Game On
February 12, 2008, 07:34 AM
That is lame. The Olympics ends on August 24th and the series doesn't start till a week after that. If Bangladesh has to play in Australia till Sep 6 anyway, why not bring the matches back by a week, to start just after the Games.

Another problem as well ;

NRL = National Rugby League starts in March as well ;

So , most of the channels are interested to broadcast that live for sure ; NRL is the big sports in Australia & which takes over the cricket for sure :)

NRL season goes until end of the year as well ;

al-Sagar
February 12, 2008, 09:04 AM
no tests OK.

but why not 4 day matches against AUSTLALIA A team ?????

that would not be a anything bad then tests against australia A

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2008, 09:26 AM
I have no issue with CA. They are the #1 team, they dictate negociations. 3 ODI series is fine. At least they are not totally cancelling the series. Stop whining people. Get your cricket standard to the level of their first class teams then talk about test series. Had the table was turned, 90% of you would say we don't want a series against them, we need a better opponent, we are losing money, players are getting burned out etc etc.

Criminal act??? No buddy, welcome to the reality. What BCB can do is now schedule some 3 day matches with anyone just to get some reps on their soil. Criminal act is those who has yet to host us and ignore the FTP eight years and counting.

Eshen
February 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
Timing of this tour means we can send a good number of ODI team players (Sakib, Tamim, Zunaed, Sajed, Farhad, Riyad, etc) to tour England with the A-team in July.

jahidus200
February 12, 2008, 10:33 AM
thats is really messed up . i was waiting for that series and now they dont want to play . this is not australias fault this is our fault because we cant play cricket .

Ajfar
February 12, 2008, 10:42 AM
we shud atleast get sum warm up match..up there

Roni_uk
February 12, 2008, 11:17 AM

Don't worry the matches wont last that long .. ;)

I would be much happier if we could get some matches against WI, even ZIM.. ZIM has improved dramatically post WC/T20 WC, we should be given the chances to prove that we have improved (?) too.

Playing against SA/PAK/AUS is good experience but it looks like this is our toughest year as fas as the stats are concerned.

Rabz
February 12, 2008, 11:50 AM
I have no issue with CA. They are the #1 team, they dictate negociations. 3 ODI series is fine. At least they are not totally cancelling the series. Stop whining people. Get your cricket standard to the level of their first class teams then talk about test series. Had the table was turned, 90% of you would say we don't want a series against them, we need a better opponent, we are losing money, players are getting burned out etc etc.

Criminal act??? No buddy, welcome to the reality. What BCB can do is now schedule some 3 day matches with anyone just to get some reps on their soil. Criminal act is those who has yet to host us and ignore the FTP eight years and counting.

:clap::clap:
:up:

Very well said T_E.
Plus who says the test matches was completely scrapped.
Accordingly to Lipu ( right now on tele), we are going to Australia again in 2009, to play the test series.

billah
February 12, 2008, 12:18 PM
Don't worry guys. The Aussies promise to pack enough thrashing for all five ODIs inside just 3...

It's the 3 for 5 deal down under :floor:

auntu
February 12, 2008, 12:37 PM
as Lipu was sayin dat tests gonna shift to next year. lets see. then there will b new board n lipu guys gonna have no responsibilities, it would b a added pressure for them. 3 odi we have to accept it as it is not cancelled. due to timing 5 odi not gonna possible. we have good relation with CA, why waste it. this is diplomacy you have to use by getting something from somewere ealse. maybe like infrastactural prospect.:flag:

Miraz
February 12, 2008, 12:44 PM
Accordingly to Lipu ( right now on tele), we are going to Australia again in 2009, to play the test series.

CA is plannning to hold the Test series in 2010.

"We have always been of the view that you don't put international cricket up against the Olympics," CA general manager of cricket operations Michael Brown said yesterday.

"What we are effectively doing is splitting the tour."

Brown is heading to Malaysia this weekend for an ICC meeting and to hold talks with Bangladesh officials. There is a chance the Test series will be held in 2010.

Link (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23205056-2882,00.html)

Rumz_01
February 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
yay!! august! summer holidays!! Awesome..nw..gettin there is the issue..lol

Rabz
February 12, 2008, 12:56 PM
I think playing Aus in 2010 is a better idea than playing them now ( tests i mean).
Siddons will get two years to train the boys according to his own plan and we would be better prepared ( i hope).

We'd also need to up our performance, or hence, more and more team in the future would be reluctant to host us.

On the flip side, if we MUST play Aus sometimes now, i think its a better idea to host them, we would have a better chance of repeating the heroics of '05.

Eshen
February 12, 2008, 12:58 PM
The tour got sandwiched between Olympics and Champions Trophy. IMO, it's understandable that CA had to scrap the test series.

al Furqaan
February 12, 2008, 01:06 PM
CA is plannning to hold the Test series in 2010.

Link (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23205056-2882,00.html)

if thats true, then i take back every mean, spiteful thing i said about the CA earlier in the thread.

Murad
February 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
Lipu, the former national skipper, has also taken the matter sportingly as he believes that the decision created an opportunity for the Tigers to prepare themselves properly before playing against the world's number one team.

"Our present status in Test cricket is not good as most of the times we surrendered within three days. We are trying to arrange some side matches including limited-overs and four-dayers against strong opponents during the tour this year which I think would be helpful for us. And they verbally agreed to fulfil our desire," he explained.

Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=23146)

I think it will be much better if they get to play some 4 dayers in Australia against some strong teams. These matches will help our boys to learn more. Playing Tests will give us only humiliations but these FC matches will give our boys a lot of experiences. Australian state teams are too strong.

Great work by LIPU dada and BCB. And Thanks to CA for agreeing.

Lipu Rocks :D

Dawah
February 12, 2008, 02:13 PM
CA did a favor to us by not giving us any Test matches. Instead, as mentioned in DS, they gave verbal promise of giving us 4-day matches with local teams before or after the ODI's. And delaying the test matches till 2009 gives us more time to improve ourselves.

Thank you CA and BCB for being wise!

Sovik
February 12, 2008, 05:32 PM

so will the matches

reyme
February 12, 2008, 06:08 PM
thats is really messed up . i was waiting for that series and now they dont want to play . this is not australias fault this is our fault because we cant play cricket .

Who cant PLAY cricket? Jahidus or Tigers?

kalpurush
February 12, 2008, 11:45 PM
so will the matches
and the umpires would be there to do so...!;)

nmhimal
February 13, 2008, 05:14 AM
man i am going to darwin. see you there.

abu2abu
February 13, 2008, 08:11 AM
It's not like you are sure or not ;

The higher teams only be played 3 odi matches & 2 test against the lower ranks teams ;

We don't see as our ranking going up by any chance !!!!!!!!!

But , for Australia to play a Test series against Bangladesh in Australia is too tough for them caz of the sponsership ;

I think you'll find I was right:

"It is not cancelled rather what they (CA) verbally confirmed us is that they will host Bangladesh in two Tests sometimes in 2009. What we felt is that there was a valid reason for taking the decision because of broadcasting problem," said Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu, chairman of the cricket operations committee of BCB.

abu2abu
February 13, 2008, 08:13 AM
And for completeness, here's the link...

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=23146

mshakir56
February 13, 2008, 11:50 AM
Thats good news I guess. So the test series is still on !

RazabQ
February 13, 2008, 03:45 PM
Chloe Saltau from the The Age (aussie newspaper) weighs in on the topic. She feels BD is being dissed ...
http://www.theage.com.au/news/cricket/pulling-the-plug-on-a-fair-go/2008/02/13/1202760399337.html

AsifTheManRahman
February 13, 2008, 04:23 PM
Well as long as we're playing the two tests at a later date, I don't see why we should complain...

brockley
February 13, 2008, 05:23 PM
2010 they will be hopefully planned for the aussie season on the main pitches.
Even a test at manuka oval would be nice.
Really the olympics was bad timing to have a series.
Their is good chance it wouldn't have been televised,as fox is covering the olympics at the time.
3 one dayers easier to televise.

rajibpaulrana
February 14, 2008, 03:30 AM
i dont care wat anybody says... dis is my only chance to go and watch some live bangladesh matches. i think we should all travel together, so anyone who is interested plz contact me rajibpaulrana@yahoo.com

Antora
February 14, 2008, 04:25 AM
i dont care wat anybody says... dis is my only chance to go and watch some live bangladesh matches. i think we should all travel together, so anyone who is interested plz contact me rajibpaulrana@yahoo.com

dang! all u people are going... now i wanna come......:(
looks like i have to be an extra extra good girl to get my parents to take me...
wish me luck everyone....i really need some.:-|

Game On
February 14, 2008, 04:38 AM
Go Bangladesh & watch the match live on the field against South Africa :)

FagunerAgun
February 14, 2008, 12:48 PM
It is sad but what we can do unless until BD players improve their performance on the field.
Hopefully BD will imrove aganist SA drastically, and Aussies will change their plan.

abu2abu
February 21, 2008, 04:04 AM
As I've suspected all along this was only ever a postponement:

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/339100.html