PDA

View Full Version : Ireland confirm tour squad against BD

tanim3960
February 13, 2008, 11:52 PM
Ireland have named a squad of 15 for their tour Bangladesh next month.Trent Johnston captains the squad. Four of them play in english county cricket with lots of experience. Jermi Bray missed out because of injury, he was the opener for Ireland during worldcup.The squad depart for Bangladesh on March 15, and will play 3 ODI's versus Bangladesh on March 18, 20 and 22. all of them will be played in shere bangla stadium.

i hope Bangladesh can prove this time that we are far more batter team than they are.

Squad:
Trent Johnston (Railway Union) Captain ,Andre Botha (North County) Alex Cusack Philip Eaglestone (Strabane) Thinus Fourie (Merrion) Gary Kidd (Waringstown) Kyle Mc Callan (Waringstown) Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) Kevin O' Brien (Railway Union) Niall O' Brien (Northants) William Porterfielod (Gloucestershire) Vice-captain Boyd Rankin (Warwickshire) Paul Stirling (Cliftonville) Reinhardt Strydom (North County) Greg Thompson (Lisburn) Phil Simmons - Coach .
link
http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES2/articles/000027/002731.shtml

Kabir
February 14, 2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the update.

Hope that the boys can take advantage of this.

i hope Bangladesh can prove this time that we are far more batter team than they are.

Actually, there's no doubt about it. It was a rather common "bad day at work" for our boys. But that time, the bad day wasn't against a strong team. :)

kalpurush
February 14, 2008, 12:12 AM
[বাংলা]আসুক এবার...কাইট্টা, ছিল্লা, লবন দিয়া দিমু...;)[/বাংলা]

Kabir
February 14, 2008, 12:15 AM

Obayed bhai...eto rokto gorom hoile kemne hoy. Mehmander ke ektu khatir jotno korte hoy...miya, hotel management er naam dubaiben dekhi :lol:

Rabz
February 14, 2008, 12:51 AM
We'll give 'em some Bangladeshi Guiness, Keru.

Khaiya shalago matha pura out hoiya jaibo.

BD-Shardul
February 14, 2008, 12:55 AM

No doubt.

kalpurush
February 14, 2008, 01:02 AM
Obayed bhai...eto rokto gorom hoile kemne hoy. Mehmander ke ektu khatir jotno korte hoy...miya, hotel management er naam dubaiben dekhi :lol:
[বাংলা]ইমরান ভাই, মেহমানের খাতিনদারি ঠিকই হবে...
তবে, লবন লাগানোর পরে!;)[/বাংলা]

kalpurush
February 14, 2008, 01:05 AM
We'll give 'em some Bangladeshi Guiness, Keru.

Khaiya shalago matha pura out hoiya jaibo.
[বাংলা]হারার পর কেরু...
মন্দ না আইডিয়াটা!:D[/বাংলা]

mshakir56
February 14, 2008, 01:35 AM
Guys what if we loose ? Then what happens?

Game On
February 14, 2008, 01:46 AM
Bangladesh haven't got a single win against them ;

Such a shame for a team like Bangladesh as not to get a single win against the the team like Ireland ;

Rabz
February 14, 2008, 02:18 AM
[বাংলা]হারার পর কেরু...
মন্দ না আইডিয়াটা!:D[/বাংলা]

keru after they lose the match, so that they can drown their sorrow in some good
ol' Bangladeshi style...

they would need tons of it.

al-Sagar
February 14, 2008, 02:42 AM
the 15 will taste only defeats in the tour.

i will be in the staidum to see the irish men's defeat

jeesh
February 14, 2008, 03:23 AM
I am actually looking fwd to this. We need to win and get some confidence. I am particularly hoping our underperforming national team players eg. Shahriar Nafees get into some form this series.

nzfan
February 14, 2008, 03:25 AM
Some pretty talented players in that Ireland team, bangladesh better not get too overconfident, and treat them with respect and they should be fine

Game On
February 14, 2008, 03:47 AM
Some pretty talented players in that Ireland team, bangladesh better not get too overconfident, and treat them with respect and they should be fine

We will butcher them like Kiwis did to England other day :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

Antora
February 14, 2008, 03:49 AM
Guys what if we loose ? Then what happens?

sssshhh!!! DON'T SAY THAT!:shh:

germany
February 14, 2008, 06:23 AM
we should play Holland and Canada in april/may to gain back some more confidents !!!

Game On
February 14, 2008, 06:33 AM
we should play Holland and Canada in april/may to gain back some more confidents !!!

We also try Germany too ;

tonoy
February 14, 2008, 06:42 AM
We also try Germany too ;

dont forget bermuda and china.

Ajfar
February 14, 2008, 12:44 PM

u said itt...everyone here is like it's gonna be a walk in the park...dn't get too carried away...specially knwing our team...

Rabz
February 14, 2008, 01:36 PM
Let's fry the Saffers first... Irish stew is just a bowl of liquid basically.

Kabir
February 14, 2008, 11:46 PM
[বাংলা]ইমরান ভাই, মেহমানের খাতিনদারি ঠিকই হবে...
তবে, লবন লাগানোর পরে!;)[/বাংলা]

In other words, ador korbo, kintu taar aage dholai koira nibo :D

kalpurush
February 14, 2008, 11:48 PM
Bangladesh haven't got a single win against them ;

Such a shame for a team like Bangladesh as not to get a single win against the the team like Ireland ;
[বাংলা]আত্বহত্যার কথা কি ভাবছেন? :waiting:[/বাংলা]

Kabir
February 14, 2008, 11:50 PM
[বাংলা]আত্বহত্যার কথা কি ভাবছেন? :waiting:[/বাংলা]

Bhai polapan manush...ulta palta budhi diyen na!!! ;)

One World
February 15, 2008, 12:04 AM
LOL, the sig of "Goru" is in my mind for the guests.

Sovik
February 16, 2008, 04:48 PM
once they find out we don't have guinness in Bangladesh, they will go mad

Eshen
February 25, 2008, 12:13 PM
Boyd Rankin is withdrawn from the Ireland squad because of an injury. Dave Langford-Smith is going to be his replacement.

jisaan
February 25, 2008, 12:54 PM
ohhhh!!! waiting for those 03 matches soooo badly!!!

jisaan
February 25, 2008, 12:59 PM
Boyd Rankin is withdrawn from the Ireland squad because of an injury. Dave Langford-Smith is going to be his replacement.

i really wanted him. it's his good luck that his career records will escape unscathed for some more time.:hairpull:

Umar
February 25, 2008, 01:43 PM
Bangladesh will LOSE MINIMUM ONE MATCH!! I assure u!
Thats only minimum...but who knws about MAX ! I have no faith on bangladesh cricket! And I am sure 95% of us dn't have any faith on BD team. thats the harsh reality !

zainab
February 25, 2008, 01:56 PM
Bangladesh players are very unpredictable, they are not dependable at all, like other teams, if two fails, then another couple will rise to the occasion, here one may try , but the others crumble like a pack of cards, IMO, they do not work as a well oiled unit and this is what is missing.
I do not expect anything from them. It is a bonus if they win a match and I think all fans should think the same, then no one gets hurt, angry or want to pullout their hair.
These lads do not seem to learn from their mistakes, even Ashraful, the captain. I look at Dhoni and say what a captain. he comes out there and rescues the team, he leads from the front.
How can Ashraful tell his guys to perform better, when he himself fails with the bat, if the captain leads, then it gives confidence to the players and Ash has failed to do this time and time again.
When the players begin to think properly, then they will improve. Dont they know that cricket is a mind game?
Hopefully, they will be a much better unit after the SA tour.

akabir77
February 29, 2008, 12:16 PM
get ready guys they will not be push overs...

A sneak preview/trailer for the upcoming film about Ireland's Extraordinary Cricket World Cup. As the cliche goes, "it's just not cricket". There's so much more to this amazing story. Check out: www.irishcricketdoco.com for further updates.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S9y7yjg-4lk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S9y7yjg-4lk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>