PDA

View Full Version : Tigercricket.com - do you call this official homepage?

auntu
February 17, 2008, 01:19 PM
Whenever you want to seek for any information and if it is about a sport you would definitely go for the official website. If the sport is Cricket the update and detail statistic is very important. After launching tigercricket.com we were very happy to know that at last a official website done for BD cricket. But years past tons of water flows around buriganga the website remain substandard. Updates come so slowly that if you stick with only this website as source of information you would find your self always way behind the time.
Still today even it is a match about any BD team you have to rely on cricinfo. Have you guys got all statistical information about the match against SAF? Even if it is our U-19 always brief information. Just like Btv. The tabs regarding ground, players etc. (a lot to point out) still not in use. When it would be done :confused:, Allah knows!
I am not a lot about the technical aspect on website. But it is an intolerable situation for i think any BD fan. How long you can accept it? This just clearly exposed the inner quality of BCB.
I am posting this thread with deep sorrow. Couldn’t control the anger that’s why I thought why not share it with my one n only BC guys.
Guyz any shout from u? :waiting:

dash
February 17, 2008, 01:25 PM
take a chill pil

Rabz
February 17, 2008, 01:27 PM
I call BanglaCricket my official homepage.

auntu
February 17, 2008, 01:37 PM
take a chill pil

i am taking that is your post :smug:

Beamer
February 17, 2008, 01:44 PM
Tigercricket is garbage. A shame really. No other way around it. BC should buy it out and show them how to do it.

Rizvi
February 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
The frustrations with TigerCricket have been felt by everyone. You're not alone, my brother!!

kalpurush
February 17, 2008, 02:02 PM
Tigercricket is garbage. A shame really. No other way around it. BC should buy it out and show them how to do it.
Is it worth buying Tigercricket? As you said, it's a garbage in deed.

Kabir
February 17, 2008, 03:00 PM
In this world, nothing happens without money.

And since BCB has money for everything else, other than their much-needed web presence (which probably gets eaten up by the hungry idiots out there), I would say that's one reason why TC doesn't get its updates frequently.

No, that's really a shame on how they maintain their web presence. I'ld rather have no web presence than this type of presence!

Nafi
February 17, 2008, 03:48 PM
BCCI dont even have an official webpage.

Kabir
February 17, 2008, 03:48 PM
For which site? TC or BC?

Nawreen93
February 17, 2008, 06:12 PM
personally, i admit that tigercricket sux...bad! the only positive thing is that they post a lot of pics but they post them like a week after the game, shameful.

tipu_09
February 18, 2008, 03:49 AM
Dead Source

auntu
February 18, 2008, 04:12 AM
personally, i admit that tigercricket sux...bad! the only positive thing is that they post a lot of pics but they post them like a week after the game, shameful.

agreed.:notworthy: i am also looking 4 dat site 4 only pics

PoorFan
February 18, 2008, 04:36 AM
TC is a shameless bunch who pretend to be a professional, total embarrassment being a BCB official site IMO.

Primarily I blame BCB media management, not being able to take action / step towards live update ( if not ball by ball, home series, practice matches of BD team, A-team, U-19 team etc. ) on their official web site. Hope I am wrong but got the feeling that BCB media related people not even thinking that they has anything to do with it.

If you ask them 'who should be held responsible for plan & execution of live update on their web site' ... I seriously doubt if there is any unanimous answer for that! Perhaps they all are waiting for facilities provided by other countries ... instead of trying to find a way on their own, typical mindset as usual in our culture I say.

auntu
February 18, 2008, 07:13 AM
TC is a shameless bunch who pretend to be a professional, total embarrassment being a BCB official site IMO.

Perhaps they all are waiting for facilities provided by other countries ... instead of trying to find a way on their own, typical mindset as usual in our culture I say.

:notworthy::notworthy: no doubt about that. just clark type attitude. what r the qualities of d BCB official. i mean dey r gettin money , right? what is d entry process n educational qualification?:waiting:

al-Sagar
February 18, 2008, 08:50 AM
i call it but dont treat it

Fahim
February 18, 2008, 10:29 AM
what?! i thought banglacricket was our official website! :wave::smug::flag:

akabir77
February 18, 2008, 10:31 AM
i think who ever got the authority to make this website did got it by the back door and as usual without any pro background. they got it to make some money but since the BCB has changed so did the flow of money.

Anyway new BCB should terminate their contract immediately with them and i know there are 3/4 big companies in bd who r more than capable of doing 100 time better job then they r doing...

Ishtylish cricketer
February 18, 2008, 11:01 AM
No. tigercricket is nowhere near as good banglacricket as far information regarding Bangladesh cricket is concerned. They update scoes very late. Best is cricinfo by far and away.

Mahmood
February 18, 2008, 11:44 AM
Something is better than nothing, at least we have a official site, yes, it should be a lot better.

I feel, BCB wants it to make money first, then invest in it, and without investment, it cant grow to generate good revenue.

Its an egg or the chicken first issue.

Fazal
February 18, 2008, 12:33 PM
Tigercricket.com - do you call this official homepage?

I hope not. Because like anything else when it becomes official mouth piece, it becomes bureaucratic, slow, and useless.

mshakir56
February 18, 2008, 12:36 PM
Instead of relying of Cricinfo and Tigercricket, I think Banglacricket should take the initiative to provide us with live ball by ball update from around the world. Banglacricket has to follow the business module of Cricinfo. Its all about getting the sponsorship money. If we can get sponsors, I guess it shouldn't be too hard !

Fazal
February 18, 2008, 12:41 PM
Yes. I think the owner of this thread is rich enough to send few member to the field with laptop with internet connection so that they can send live coverage for each game.

Come on, how expensive it can be if the owner(s) of this site agree to send three member? Airline ticket.... 1week stay in 4 star hotel, food and other expense, plus compensation for donating their time? Its a pocket change for him/them.

akabir77
February 18, 2008, 01:53 PM
Yes. I think the owner of this thread is rich enough to send few member to the field with laptop with internet connection so that they can send live coverage for each game.

Come on, how expensive it can be if the owner(s) of this site agree to send three member? Airline ticket.... 1week stay in 4 star hotel, food and other expense, plus compensation for donating their time? Its a pocket change for him/them.

yes send me i won't even need a laptop. i will take mine ;)

bdchamp20
February 18, 2008, 02:25 PM
tigercricket is probably one of the worst official sports pages, sometimes I cant even access it that Rabeed Imam guy needs to be fired. Our Miraz bhai would do a much better job or we can have BC as the official webpage for Bangladesh Cricket.

auntu
February 18, 2008, 03:36 PM
tigercricket is probably one of the worst official sports pages, sometimes I cant even access it that Rabeed Imam guy needs to be fired. Our Miraz bhai would do a much better job or we can have BC as the official webpage for Bangladesh Cricket.

unfortunately this rabid imam guy was allso involved with our national team as media manager or something to a tour. so it seems to me he has deep seeded roots to BCB.

in terms of BC arranging for ball by ball update, sponsers can be managed. look the popularuty of BC. but oe thing i know a lot of die hard BD fan still dose'nt know bout BC. even i came to know about it lately. the kind of publicity is not there. if it goes good there are companies who look for young segment can invest i think.

but a ga jhara from us needed as well as a good farmed plan :onethephone:

Antora
February 18, 2008, 08:12 PM

OMG! pic me for the JOB :D

:-p

cricman
February 18, 2008, 10:54 PM
unfortunately this rabid imam guy was allso involved with our national team as media manager or something to a tour. so it seems to me he has deep seeded roots to BCB.

in terms of BC arranging for ball by ball update, sponsers can be managed. look the popularuty of BC. but oe thing i know a lot of die hard BD fan still dose'nt know bout BC. even i came to know about it lately. the kind of publicity is not there. if it goes good there are companies who look for young segment can invest i think.

but a ga jhara from us needed as well as a good farmed plan :onethephone:

RI is the best Sports Writer in BD and I hope you guys know that and that he helped BC get a chat session with Razzak and Mushifiq during the World Cup. He writes articles for TC and CI, Media Manager for the BCB not his Job to maintain the website as well.

Transcript of the chat session along w/ Pics

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=454

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=454

Beamer
February 18, 2008, 11:08 PM
It will come cheap for one. BC can expand it and make it viable. After all, it is the official site..

Zunaid
February 18, 2008, 11:19 PM
Check the discussion on the site when it was first announced:

Official BCB website (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6913)

Do also note that the Media Manager is not responsible for site update and maintenance.

Ajfar
February 18, 2008, 11:19 PM
well i guess..kana mamur theke nai mamui valo..

abu2abu
February 19, 2008, 08:58 AM

Lol! I think you'll find Rabeed Imam is Miraz bhai's secret source at the BCB! I suspect that's where we get all our exclusives from such as the pics from New Zealand and the announcement of the 1st test line up...

catstrophy
February 19, 2008, 09:04 AM
tigercricket.com is a disgrace

Miraz
February 19, 2008, 09:04 AM
Lol! I think you'll find Rabeed Imam is Miraz bhai's secret source at the BCB! I suspect that's where we get all our exclusives from such as the pics from New Zealand and the announcement of the 1st test line up...

Rabeed Imam is a nice and very capable guy, unfortunately he doesn't have 10 hands to do all the stuffs required to run an efficient website like BC.

It's the BCB policy which should be blamed, not RI.

akabir77
February 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
Check the discussion on the site when it was first announced:

Official BCB website (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6913)

Do also note that the Media Manager is not responsible for site update and maintenance.

I was going to ask them why it was RI's DOSH but didn't cause who ever says its media managers fault for not running a website clearly has some understanding issue and when you try to let them know they jump on...

Kabir
February 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
Haha...so everyone thinks it's RI's fault.

Oi hasai koiso bhaijanera...asho, ekhon dhoira dholai kori :D

Jokes aside, it's really funny how we draw conclusions. I love it!

mshakir56
February 19, 2008, 02:09 PM
Lets burn tigercricket.com down ! Is it possible ?

Alien
February 20, 2008, 04:48 AM
I hope not. Because like anything else when it becomes official mouth piece, it becomes bureaucratic, slow, and useless.

Like most things in Bangladesh.

This website has more stuff than that tigercricket. Anyway, do a Google search on "Bangladesh Cricket" and this site pops up on top of the list. And I bet more people come here than there.

auntu
February 20, 2008, 05:37 AM
RI is the best Sports Writer in BD and I hope you guys know that and that he helped BC get a chat session with Razzak and Mushifiq during the World Cup. He writes articles for TC and CI, Media Manager for the BCB not his Job to maintain the website as well.

agree with you. agreed he is a good writter. but he is not a good adminstrator. you could find so many passionate lovers of cricket in BD with good computer litaracy just need to use them. as i told befor planning needed then comes execution. Planning e to thik na r ki bolbo../:)

akabir77
February 20, 2008, 10:48 AM
agree with you. agreed he is a good writter. but he is not a good adminstrator. you could find so many passionate lovers of cricket in BD with good computer litaracy just need to use them. as i told befor planning needed then comes execution. Planning e to thik na r ki bolbo../:)

The point is RI is a writer he doesn't manage the site or anything (from what i know about the site). Unless you have some information that he runs the thing. if so please provide the info with source.

thanks

auntu
February 20, 2008, 12:01 PM
The point is RI is a writer he doesn't manage the site or anything (from what i know about the site). Unless you have some information that he runs the thing. if so please provide the info with source.

thanks

it was reffered by cricman about RI's involving with TC.

akabir77
February 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
it was reffered by cricman about RI's involving with TC.

hmm like i said we know he writes for them so does a lot of other people.

I am not trying to defend RI or something. I was just wondering if he is the one who runs it or not...:-/

auntu
February 20, 2008, 12:20 PM
no such info on management of TC in that site except powerd by: digital e-solution (US based IT firm) and Aamra networks (former global online)

Ahmed_B
February 20, 2008, 01:43 PM
To auntu: Right now, you are very much charmed by the power of BC.. but then again, you should also try to realize how many devoted people are working behind the curtains to keep this BC forum/site running smooth and updated. On the other hand.. TigerCricket is a site maintained by the govt BCB body... with RI holding only partial responsibility and ofcourse it won't allow volunteers to get involved and it also won't pay enough to qualified professionals who can uplift its standards. RI is not on top of the TC pyramid, BCB is! TC is a rather rigid body which has no possibility to get to the flexible level of BC ever.. simply because of its limitations.

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
Summarizing A_B: TC sucks!! BCB is failing on this front.

auntu
February 20, 2008, 04:27 PM
To auntu: Right now, you are very much charmed by the power of BC.. but then again, you should also try to realize how many devoted people are working behind the curtains to keep this BC forum/site running smooth and updated. On the other hand.. TigerCricket is a site maintained by the govt BCB body... with RI holding only partial responsibility and ofcourse it won't allow volunteers to get involved and it also won't pay enough to qualified professionals who can uplift its standards. RI is not on top of the TC pyramid, BCB is! TC is a rather rigid body which has no possibility to get to the flexible level of BC ever.. simply because of its limitations.

Nothing to say after this explanationL-) but Ahmed bhai 'SHAHOSH' dile ekta lotha koite pari, moner chipai anchan kortase.... :), bolbo?

Nadim
July 4, 2009, 10:56 AM
TC is good for nothing.....yes i'm dead serious.

I can create thousand of website like TC in a day.

Nadim
July 4, 2009, 11:02 AM
well i guess..kana mamur theke nai mamui valo..

kana haoileo to valo hoto kintu ai ta langda-lula karo help chara hatte parena for e.g: TC always copy scorecard from other source.

auntu
July 4, 2009, 11:05 AM
[বাংলা]কবি নিরব[/বাংলা]

Nadim
July 4, 2009, 11:08 AM
[বাংলা]কবি নিরব[/বাংলা]

মানে?

auntu
July 4, 2009, 11:16 AM
মানে?
[বাংলা]
রাত্রী নিঝুম...[/বাংলা]

Nadim
July 4, 2009, 11:20 AM
[বাংলা]
রাত্রী নিঝুম...[/বাংলা]

চখে নেই ঘুম...

Peace
July 4, 2009, 05:06 PM
Cow dung can be used as fertiliser.

msher173
July 7, 2009, 08:16 AM
tigercricket sucks. Banglacricket all day homie

Naimul_Hd
July 7, 2009, 08:25 AM
i cant remember there is a website called Tigercricket.com but somehow BanglaCricket always remembers me abt that crap site. :D

Catskills
July 7, 2009, 11:15 AM
Tigercricket.com is the reflection of the professionalism of BCB. You want to know the mind and the professionalism of BCB, tigercricket.com pretty much sums it up.

wiseshah
July 7, 2009, 11:42 AM
tiger cricket is a garbage website. If Rabeed imam cant handle the website alone, why he cant take help from volunteer member like Banglacricket. mostly i hate their score card, from the score card, u cant find what is the line up, its a crappy web site.

Zunaid
July 7, 2009, 01:01 PM
Rabeed is the media manager for BCB - he is not the one responsible for TC. Shoot the right messenger please.

Murad
July 7, 2009, 01:04 PM
Only we fans can change it.

If 20/30 of us go to the BCB office and protest for all these things.. Onek aagei ora shob kore pelto.. Protest na korle BD te kisui hoi na.. Sometimes I wish the fans in BD act like the Indians.

Ajfar
July 7, 2009, 06:34 PM
Sometimes I wish the fans in BD act like the Indians.

no thank you

Murad
July 7, 2009, 06:58 PM
no thank you

Then stay like this forever and see no change at all. Its good to protest to make some change. Without any protests, I don't think anything will happen in BD cricket. We have to protest against the selectors, board officials and everything. We have to make our voice heard. Else jei lao shei kodu e theke jabe..

Ajfar
July 7, 2009, 07:07 PM
Then stay like this forever and see no change at all. Its good to protest to make some change. Without any protests, I don't think anything will happen in BD cricket. We have to protest against the selectors, board officials and everything. We have to make our voice heard. Else jei lao shei kodu e theke jabe..

well if its good to protest then you should say its good to protest, do it in such way it attracts media attention and such so BCB knows they are on the spot light, so they will do something about it. when you say i wish we were like the indian fans. thats saying take the law in to your own hand, break things, and injure people or something along those lines. and that is not what we want.

Murad
July 7, 2009, 07:14 PM
well if its good to protest then you should say its good to protest, do it in such way it attracts media attention and such so BCB knows they are on the spot light, so they will do something about it. when you say i wish we were like the indian fans. thats saying take the law in to your own hand, break things, and injure people or something along those lines. and that is not what we want.

Oh no I don't want to see these things either. What I meant is that..the Indian fans protest for every bad moves the BCCI makes. Its only a few fans who make the things worse by doing all the wrong things. Majority of fans don't do such things.

Sohel
July 10, 2009, 04:12 AM
TC perfectly reflects the overall reality of our cricket as a test playing nation. Those realities perfectly reflect the administrative realities of our nation since day 1 in 1947. 1971 brought us the promise of rectification and more, but the pace has been below expectation. 2007 made us think of the "next level" in International cricket, but the pace of progress since then has been stagnating at best and regressive at its very worst.

The majority of the Bangladeshi people -- patient, peaceful, sweet, independent, tolerant and quite frankly noble -- have been at the fag end of the proverbial shaft, thanks to our ruling elite irrespective of political affiliation.

The majority of the Bangladeshi cricket fans -- passionate, loyal and the best in the world under the circumstances -- have been rewarded with empty promises, incompetent management, and their lovechild TIGERCRICKET.COM. "Thank you" BCB ... :up:

Thank GOD we have a private initiative like BC -- thanks again to Tehsin, Dr. Z, Admins and all BC-ites -- to do something other than just bitch and moan.

As much as I'm deeply appreciative of and moved by Rabeed's quixotic crusade, chipa/t'hyakay na porhle TC-te jabar kono karon bujhi na.

BanCricFan
July 10, 2009, 04:44 AM
For me, TC is the perfect embodiment of our current culture of corruption, nepotism, negligence, unprofessionalism, irresponsibility, dumbness, backwardness and incompetency.

BTW, Rabeed Imam is an exceptional being amidst all the rank village pendejos!

Baundule
July 10, 2009, 05:48 AM
BCB has the money to make the website more meaningful. RI is probably not the one who decides matters in TC; but he is quite influencial, my guess, to make them aware of what is needed.

auntu
July 10, 2009, 03:19 PM
BCB has the money to make the website more meaningful. RI is probably not the one who decides matters in TC; but he is quite influencial, my guess, to make them aware of what is needed.

I also hope for that..

bujhee kom
July 10, 2009, 06:39 PM
Tigercricket.com is a worthless garbage site that functions like a garbage dump area in my city of Dhaka! It's a complete waste of cyberspace and a domain name and an insult to the word and species of 'Tiger'!
First of all, one would ask this question, why is the site's main dominant background color 'canary yellow'? What does it mean? Is it because it jived with our tigers previous official yellow/black practice clothings? What happens when we change the jersey colors, like now? It just shows how depthless the basis of our concept, planning, color /psychology or management skill is! It directly and very precisely tells us where we are aiming to go - nowhere! Maan, we, Bongo we know art, we have been around, we have experience as a society and we have a very deep recorded heritage and human history(5k+ years)!!! Where are things going wrong? Is it that we don't learn, unable to learn or just refusal to learn just like our batsmen? Why can't we solve our own problem, why can't we self-generate ideas and concept and try things through trial and errors? Why somebaody else has to tell us how to and when to do it, are we forever cripple and dependent on others and always will need someone else to come tell how things should be done, how to execute masterplan, future plan etc? Are we just selfish? Not care for the community as a whole? but only care for ourselves and now and quickly? Again is it it that our collective heart lost it's soul as a nation and group for a long time?
How do we regain it? We have got to work on it, maybe results won't be seen now or in the next 50 years....but we must do it for future! For future Bangladesh, even after we all here at BC are gone, we didn't get to enjoy the fruit in the next decade! Can we do it? On our own?

auntu
July 11, 2009, 03:39 AM
[বাংলা]জাভেদ ভাইয়ের জালাময়ী লেখা ভালো লাগলো।[/বাংলা]

Sohel
July 11, 2009, 06:27 AM
TC is the B-E-S-T because it's BCB approved! Those who disagree are traitors whoring themselves in rebel sites! Phanshi Chai! Nipat Jak!

Zeeshan
July 11, 2009, 06:39 AM
Tigercricket.com is a worthless garbage site that functions like a garbage dump area in my city of Dhaka! It's a complete waste of cyberspace and a domain name and an insult to the word and species of 'Tiger'!
First of all, one would ask this question, why is the site's main dominant background color 'canary yellow'? What does it mean? Is it because it jived with our tigers previous official yellow/black practice clothings? What happens when we change the jersey colors, like now? It just shows how depthless the basis of our concept, planning, color /psychology or management skill is! It directly and very precisely tells us where we are aiming to go - nowhere! Maan, we, Bongo we know art, we have been around, we have experience as a society and we have a very deep recorded heritage and human history(5k+ years)!!! Where are things going wrong? Is it that we don't learn, unable to learn or just refusal to learn just like our batsmen? Why can't we solve our own problem, why can't we self-generate ideas and concept and try things through trial and errors? Why somebaody else has to tell us how to and when to do it, are we forever cripple and dependent on others and always will need someone else to come tell how things should be done, how to esecute masterplan, future plan etc? Are we just shelfish? not care for the community as a whole? but only care for ourselves and now and quickly? Again is it it that our collective heart lost it's soul as a nation and group for a long time?
How do we regain it? We have got to work on it, maybe results won't be seen now or in the next 50 years....but we must do it for future! For future Bangladesh, even after we all here at BC are gone, we didn't get to enjoy the fruit in the next decade! Can we do it? On our own?

:notworthy::bravo::floor:

auntu
July 11, 2009, 06:45 AM
TC is the B-E-S-T because it's BCB approved! Those who disagree are traitors whoring themselves in rebel sites! Phanshi Chai! Nipat Jak!

But Sohel bhai if the rebels overtake? :saint:

Sohel
July 11, 2009, 06:56 AM
But Sohel bhai if the rebels overtake? :saint:

Hote debona. Raukto jaukhon diyechhi, raukto ar-o debo, kintu M-A-U-S-H-A-R-I tangabo NAAAAAAAAAAAH! TC ke eyak matro "boidho" website rakhbo InshAllah!