PDA

View Full Version : Automatic choice

Omio
February 19, 2008, 08:35 AM
Whom do you think the automatic choice for our team|(for both version of cricket).
I think it should be -

Junayed
Tamim
Ashraful
Mushfique
Shahadat
Mash

Rabz
February 19, 2008, 09:30 AM
We dont have any player call Shadat bro. :-p
J/k.

I dont think Shahadat and Mushy should be automatic choice.

Shahadat is still a bit wayward for ODI's, but believe me, i'd love to see him regularly in our one day team.

...and Mushy....well....golden boy.
But these days, he looks more like Imitition.

The way his performance is going down the slopes, im starting to think if he thinks himself as an automatic choice, its not gonna do any good to his own career.

You could add Sakib to that list.

The rest is fine for now.

But the bottom line is, nobody should take their place for granted.

Mahmood
February 19, 2008, 09:41 AM
The list of automatic choice changes with time, those who are in great form now may not be in 3 monthes.

For now, auto choices are

Ashraful
Tamim
Junaid
Sakib
Masri

detroitpagla
February 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
couldn't come up with better thread? therez prolly millonzzzz threads 'bout da batting line up
anyway "joy bangla":flag:

akabir77
February 19, 2008, 10:48 AM
automatic choice siddions...

lamisa
February 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
why on earth is rasel's name not on any list?

Fazal
February 19, 2008, 11:06 AM
Nothing is automatic. Someone needs to pull the trigger, which is manual.

btw, when a player becomes automatic, the future growth of that player end there. In that aspect I hope and pray Tamim/Junaid/Sakib/Farhad never becomes automatic. I want them to fight to the end and thrive to grow to get their postion in the team. I don't wnat them to follow the path of Bashar/Ashraful/Rafiq (automatic for soo long) etc in that aspect.

akabir77
February 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
why on earth is rasel's name not on any list?

cause its not on earth its on the web :) ;)

abu2abu
February 19, 2008, 11:17 AM
from the looks of today's selection, 10 of the players who played the 2nd test in NZ are automatic selections!

Dhakablues
February 19, 2008, 12:53 PM
Automatic Selection is the guy who replaced the self described Automatic Selection.

al-Sagar
February 19, 2008, 01:36 PM
rasel not that effective in tests

Dhurr
February 19, 2008, 01:47 PM
No such thing as automatic in Bangladesh. Once upon a time, Habibul Bashar was consistent with his 50s. There has been nobody before or after him who has been consistent enough to be deemed automatic.

Fazal
February 19, 2008, 01:48 PM
Dhurrrrrr you must be kidding.

mshakir56
February 19, 2008, 02:01 PM
The only automatic choice now is Ashraful, cause he is the captain ! Bingo !

SMHasan
February 19, 2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks Omio for bringing this issue here.

In fact I hate the words "Automatic choice". No one should be an automatic choice for the team and not at least in our team.

Seeing Mashrafee's name in your list tempting me say something regarding him. Few days ago in an interview with Prothom-Alo he said that his performance was not good for some reasons and one of the reason was his personal problems. We all know that after the WC'07 his perfermance was dropping down, his body language was not positive, his bowling was lacking in pace and it seemed that his mind was not in the field at all. If he was having some personal problems then he should have withdrown himself from the team. In fact he didn't do that and by so doing he occupied a valuable place in the team and he did let us down.

I am not trying to blame him for that but what I like to say is that this is a bad trend in our cricket culture. You should not hide any injury, if you think that your mind is not in the field then you should have a break from the game.

In this level of professionalism every player is getting paid. That means they are doing a job here and if they don't concentrate on their game then it is assumed that they are not doing their job properly and they are not sincere enough. I think it is a crime if someone gets paid and doesn't finish the job. These people should be prosecuted.

Yameen
February 19, 2008, 04:18 PM
ashraful
mortaza
tamim
junaed
shakib
rasel

Shobha
February 19, 2008, 04:45 PM
well bashar will always be an atomatic choice for tests according to our selectors:D

Mahir
February 19, 2008, 08:13 PM
Keeping in mind the theory of persisting with the core players over the next 2/3 years atleast, the current crop makes up for almost all the spots as "automatic choices", except for a couple guys, who need to sort themselves out as soon as possible.

Aftab needs to convert his starts to bigger scores, in ODIs specially. His pyrotechnics will always be handy in Tests, given that he masters the art of pacing an innings using all the gears, and not just two.

Nafees has seemingly lost his opening slot to Zunaed, and while Big Z is enjoying the form of a lifetime (and I hope he holds onto it and comes bak soon after any slump), Nafees needs to show better application in his middle-order position in the Test team, now that Bashar will be out of the picture very soon.

Enamul Jnr needs to grab a couple of very good matches under his belt if he's to retain his Test team spot.

Rasel and Razzak seem to be locked up in the ODI squad, but both should be able to shoulder the responsiblities in Tests if given the opportunity.

And last but not the least, Mushfique deserves better thinking from the team management, and the fans, and he will pay everyone back with interest.

nsd3
February 19, 2008, 08:30 PM
At present Haba looks like an automatic choice to Selectors & Siddons.

djnaved
February 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
ashraful
mortaza
tamim
junaed
shakib
rasel

10000% agree with you:-D

Orpheus
February 19, 2008, 10:47 PM
Dhurrrrrr you must be kidding.

He stated a fact actually... but I forgot this is fazal....

abu2abu
February 20, 2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks Omio for bringing this issue here.

If he was having some personal problems then he should have withdrown himself from the team. In fact he didn't do that and by so doing he occupied a valuable place in the team and he did let us down.

I agree with this. If he was having problems he should have taken some time out to sort himself out. In the meantime we could have used the opportunity see how talha jubair is coming along.

On the other hand, there's no reason why having personal problems should necessarily have a detrimental effect on form. He could channel his aggression and bowl out of his skin. who knows it could be quite therapeutic. ..

SMHasan
February 20, 2008, 06:55 AM
I agree with this. If he was having problems he should have taken some time out to sort himself out. In the meantime we could have used the opportunity see how talha jubair is coming along.

On the other hand, there's no reason why having personal problems should necessarily have a detrimental effect on form. He could channel his aggression and bowl out of his skin. who knows it could be quite therapeutic. ..

I really wanted Talha Jubair to come into the team because I always think that he is a potential bowler who can do well in international arena. He has pace, height everything nedded for a fast bowler. But selectors think otherwise.

We should stop giving test Caps so often and by giving the players an easy way to the test team is not helping either us or the young players. I think Talha last played against WI in Dhaka test, if he was given the test cap then why not keeping faith on him? Rather we are giving the place to an untested player.

As Beamer once said "problemetic mindset of Test selection" - actually it is.

auntu
February 20, 2008, 07:36 AM
automatic choice siddions...

and Nasu the greatest compu man on earth:D

still serving from the rebirth of BD cric..... and on ..... and on .....

Sohel
February 21, 2008, 08:04 AM
Test XI: Ash, Koushik, Rafiq, Rajib, Tamim and Zunaed.

ODI XI: Ash, Koushik, Razzak, Rasel, Moyna, Aftab, Tamim and Zunaed.

Fazal
February 22, 2008, 03:16 AM
So who are our automatic choice?

For what?

For automatic Inning defeat?

Sohel
February 22, 2008, 03:49 AM
Test XI: Ash, Koushik, Rafiq, Rajib, Tamim and Zunaed.

ODI XI: Ash, Koushik, Razzak, Rasel, Moyna, Aftab, Tamim and Zunaed.

:floor::floor::floor: ... :yawn: