PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh VS South Africa

enaner
February 19, 2008, 02:53 PM
We are Bangladeshi fans. We hope to see our boys win, we get dissapointed, then we can't wait for the next tournament. The time has come again for great expectations. We refuse to believe the statistics and constantly pray for Bangladesh to win.

The first Test is on February, 22, 2008. The teams consists of

Mohammad Ashraful (capt)
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Aftab Ahmed
Habibul Bashar
Junaid Siddique
Mohammad Rafique
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Rajin Saleh
Sajidul Islam
Shahadat Hossain
Shahriar Nafees
Shakib Al Hasan
Tamim Iqbal

I don't understand why they dropped Syed Rasel. He is one of our best bowlers. Farhad Reza also performed fairly well in the tour match. But I guess the selectors know what they are doing. Perhaps, Rasel hasn't recovered completely, and needs some more rest.

As always, Habibul Bashar has his place secured in the team. Perhaps he can return to form, give us a good performance. If not, then may be he will develop the courage to retire after this series.

Fans from all around the world will be tuning in to see Tamim Iqbal and Zunaid Siddique put up a big opening partnerships. Ashraful to hit random fours and sixes, Aftab to play comfortable until he reaches the 60s(atleast).

Sajidul Islam had a horrible start in New Zealand. We are all expecting him to prove us wrong on home ground. Mashrafe Mortaza will be fun to watch as always. Shahadat Hossain's performance in New Zealand was excellent, so he should be burning with confidence. Shakib Al-Hasan is in good form at the moment also.

The team seems to be in good shape. Hopefully they will provide us with a tournament to remember. If they do lose, I will surely be upset for a day or two, but then I will be awaiting their next tournament.

http://www.banglacricket.com/pictures/newpic784.jpg (http://www.banglacricket.com/pictures/newpic784.jpg) (Linked)
:smug:

Dhurr
February 19, 2008, 02:57 PM
Good first post. Welcome to BC.

bdchamp20
February 19, 2008, 03:05 PM
Welcome to BC enaner. We already have a thread for the first match but anyway as your new I guess u dont know the rules yet

Shobha
February 19, 2008, 05:00 PM
Welcome to BC enaner. We already have a thread for the first match but anyway as your new I guess u dont know the rules yet

this isnt really a match thread, it's just a member sharing his feelings. nevertheless excellent post my friend. welcome to BC:D