Chennai Super Kings
Delhi Daredevils
Deccan Chargers(Hyderabad)
Rajasthan Royals(Jaipur)
Kolkata Knight Riders
Kings XI Punjab(Mohali)
Bombay Indians(Mumbai)
Date: 18 April, 2008-1 June, 2008
Venues: Bangalore, Chennai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mohali and Mumbai, India

bdchamp20
February 19, 2008, 03:01 PM
I will be posting the squads after the auction tomorrow, or anyone who wants to do it is welcome

cutiebutie
February 19, 2008, 03:30 PM
I think it will be a great tournament but really wished there were more Bangladeshi players

Shobha
February 19, 2008, 05:04 PM
I will be posting the squads after the auction tomorrow, or anyone who wants to do it is welcome

same here:-D

Murad
February 20, 2008, 01:44 AM
Dhoni is sold for Million dollar

cricman
February 20, 2008, 01:49 AM
Shane Warne : Jaipur
MS Dhoni : Chennai
Muralidharan : Chennai
Adam Gilchrist : Hyderabad
Shohaib Akhtar : Kolkota
Jayawardene : Mohali

Dhoni got 1.5 Million!!

Murad
February 20, 2008, 01:50 AM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/338001.html

How come Ashraful & Mashrafe not in the auction list?

They didn't sign up?

sandpiper
February 20, 2008, 01:51 AM
stupidity at its best

cricman
February 20, 2008, 01:55 AM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/338001.html

How come Ashraful & Mashrafe not in the auction list?

They didn't sign up?

hmm ... there goes my interest ... Go Kolkota since Rafique will join them ... It be pretty embarrassing if a player wasn't picked.

zainab
February 20, 2008, 02:14 AM
I did not see Rafique, Ashraful and Mortaza's name among the list. I dont think that they signed up. What a shame!

Kuddus
February 20, 2008, 07:45 AM
I don't know about Cricinfo, but the official IPL website shows Ashraful and Mashrafe in the list of available players. If Ashraful is indeed up for auction, I cannot believe players like Cameron White, Yusuf Pathan, Joginder Sharma, Stephen Fleming, Ajit Agarkar, Shaun Pollock, Maharoof went ahead of him with such good salary bases.

Kuddus
February 20, 2008, 07:56 AM
A lot of it might be business decisions as well. Other notable players not drafted yet are McGrath (who is in class B), Ishant Sharma, Malinga, Dale Steyn, Bracken. Surprised these players didn't go higher. Understandably Indian players are being given priority.

Slater582
February 20, 2008, 09:44 AM
After looking at where the players have gone I'll support either Mumbai or Hyderabad.

bdchamp20
February 20, 2008, 10:23 AM
The rules of IPL state that franchises can sign international player outside of the pool, but if there is multiple interests the IPL authorities have to hold an auction. I am pretty sure that some Bangladeshi players will be contacted by teams after the auction, I think that u all know that Rafique has told Kolkata officials to contact him after the SA series..so we should see some of the boys lighting up the tournament. And I think they will provide the best value for money.

Kuddus
February 20, 2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah hopefully. There should be multiple interests in Ash for sure. Taibu went for $125,000 so it'll be interesting to see what Ash gets compared to that if indeed he is drafted.

Padosan
February 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
yay go chennai gooooooooooo !!!

Eshen
February 20, 2008, 02:49 PM
I will be rooting for Hyderabad.

Hyderabad Squad so far: Adam Gilchrist, Andrew Symonds, Herschelle Gibbs, Shahid Afridi, Scott Styris, VVS Laxman, Rohit Sharma, Chamara Silva, RP Singh, Chaminda Vaas, Nuwan Zoysa

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2008, 02:53 PM
The concept of world 11 backfired. The thrashing was not a pleasent sight. How can these player gel and produce high quality cricket? May be the all the teams will suck. So the team sucks less will win the thing.

You guys must not know Rory Sabatini. ;)

Yamaraj
February 20, 2008, 04:17 PM
The concept of world 11 backfired. The thrashing was not a pleasent sight. How can these player gel and produce high quality cricket? May be the all the teams will suck. So the team sucks less will win the thing.

World XI is different from this League concept as different as BLACK is from WHITE.It is similar to football tournament in Europe where football clubs from various European nations qualify through their individual leagues for the football Champions League.If gelling is not a problem in football it won't be here similarly.:)

Two Teams each from England, Australia,India and South Africa will qualify through existing competitions.For India,top 2 teams from the Indian Premier League (IPL) will qualify for the Twenty20 Champions League.

The Twenty20 Champions League is an international tournament featuring the best teams of the domestic Twenty20 tournaments in various nations. It is scheduled to be held in October 2008.It will be run by the cricket boards of India, Australia, South Africa, and England. The league has the backing of the ICC, so it will be deemed official.

The overall prize money for the Twenty20 Champions League will be $5 million, the winners taking home $2 million. There will be $3 million up for grabs in the IPL. By contrast, the winners of the ICC World Cup in the Caribbean took home $1 million.

Inferno
February 20, 2008, 06:35 PM

You guys must not know Rory Sabatini. ;)

I disagree. Here every team has mix of overseas players, so it will even out for them all. India being a cricket crazy nation, the tournament may draw huge crowds too. It has the potential to change world cricket, dont know whether that would be good or bad though. Already Symmo is unwilling to tour Pakistan because of the big bucks he is getting from IPL. Sorry to see no Ashraful or Tamim or Mashrafe in any of the side. I wonder what happened there.

sadi
February 21, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hyderabad definitely look the strongest out of the auction.

Shobha
February 21, 2008, 12:41 PM
mumbai for me

Rabz
February 21, 2008, 01:13 PM
Where is the option " I dont care"?

All these money, im afraid it wont live up to its hype.

Yamaraj
February 21, 2008, 01:27 PM

Best option for you ,AVOID this thread

bdchamp20
February 21, 2008, 01:34 PM
Kolkata will win it this season, theyve got the best balance..they are the only team that didnt go crazy with money

Shobha
February 21, 2008, 05:35 PM
Kolkata will win it this season, theyve got the best balance..they are the only team that didnt go crazy with money

SRK did go crazy though with his invovment in cricket.:-|:-|

Rabz
February 22, 2008, 01:34 AM
Best option for you ,AVOID this thread

and who are you to tell me to avoid??

whatever...

Yamaraj
February 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
and who are you to tell me to avoid??

I am Yamaraj.

bdchamp20
February 22, 2008, 01:28 PM
but look..They have two world-class openers in Gayle and Ganguly..Ponting is perfect for no. 3 and in the bowling department they have Ishant Sharma and Shoaib Akhtar and once they sign Rafique they will have a perfect team..compared to Hyderabad who signed two Chennai(who signed Dhoni and Parthiv Patel)

Yamaraj
February 22, 2008, 02:12 PM

Total purchase price (USD)

1 Kolkata-------------------------- $6,022,500 :)

2 Chennai Super Kings------------$5,925,000

3 Hyderabad-----------------------$5,885,000

4 Mohali -------------------------- $5,683,750

5 Delhi DareDevils---------------- $5,572,500

6 Mumbai---------------------------$4,971,250

7 Bangalore Royal Challengers---$4,835,000

8 Jaipur-----------------------------$2,925,000

bdchamp20
February 22, 2008, 05:09 PM
Total purchase price (USD)

1 Kolkata-------------------------- $6,022,500 :)

2 Chennai Super Kings------------$5,925,000

3 Hyderabad-----------------------$5,885,000

4 Mohali -------------------------- $5,683,750

5 Delhi DareDevils---------------- $5,572,500

6 Mumbai---------------------------$4,971,250

7 Bangalore Royal Challengers---$4,835,000

8 Jaipur-----------------------------$2,925,000
I know they were the highest spenders but u cant say they wasted it..look at the players

nobody
February 23, 2008, 06:28 AM

All these money, im afraid it wont live up to its hype.

Only sensible post. I do not care what Bullshit Cricket Committee of India aka BCCI does. It would be a super flop media hype. How many went to watch ICL that one has pretty good line up ex player Lara, Inzi and present player Rajjak. How many watches Deodhar (indian premiar domestic touranment)? So why you think that it would be succesful -just for Masala cricket. Cricket commercialization aka americanization at its worst

Shobha
February 23, 2008, 02:22 PM
Only sensible post. I do not care what Bullshit Cricket Committee of India aka BCCI does. It would be a super flop media hype. How many went to watch ICL that one has pretty good line up ex player Lara, Inzi and present player Rajjak. How many watches Deodhar (indian premiar domestic touranment)? So why you think that it would be succesful -just for Masala cricket. Cricket commercialization aka americanization at its worst

couldnt agree with more.:-D
this idiotic ipl is doin my head in.

bdchamp20
February 23, 2008, 05:34 PM
You are entitled to your opinion but could you share it in a thread like 'I hate IPL'..fair enough u dont like it u dont have to ruin it for ppl who are interested in it

bdchamp20
February 25, 2008, 11:46 AM
Have the other teams been named yet?

nobody
February 26, 2008, 06:12 AM
Have the other teams been named yet?

please look at Indian cricket site to know about Indian Pest league and all other info. If you want the name of the teams of Bangladesh Premiar league. There is no such league but there is Dhaka Premiar league. And teams are
Abahoni
Mohammedan
BKSP
Biman
Old DOHS
Sonargaon Cricketers
Kalabagan FC
Surjotarun
Victoria
and City Club
;)

bdchamp20
February 28, 2008, 12:57 PM
please look at Indian cricket site to know about Indian Pest league and all other info. If you want the name of the teams of Bangladesh Premiar league. There is no such league but there is Dhaka Premiar league. And teams are
Abahoni
Mohammedan
BKSP
Biman
Old DOHS
Sonargaon Cricketers
Kalabagan FC
Surjotarun
Victoria
and City Club
;)
yes, thank u! but I didnt want to know the teams of the Dhaka Premier League and even if I did want to know it I would open a thread in Bangladesh Cricket, but this is International Cricket, do u see the difference my friend?

bdchamp20
February 28, 2008, 12:59 PM
And great news Ashraful has signed up for Delhi Daredevils! And yes he will be earning a lot of money...I hope to see more Deshis soon

sadi
February 28, 2008, 01:22 PM
Kalkata signed Misbah for $180,000. Shahrukh is making quite a solid team afterall.

bdchamp20
February 28, 2008, 01:37 PM
Kalkata signed Misbah for $180,000. Shahrukh is making quite a solid team afterall.
i agree

bdchamp20
February 28, 2008, 05:06 PM
Has Kolkata been named Kolkata Bengal Tigers?

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2008, 05:15 PM
Kolkata and Dilli provided that Rafique and Ashraful are playing.

Mahir
February 28, 2008, 07:02 PM
From Abahani Ltd. to Delhi Daredevils... the horizons are surely strecthing! Delhi has now been officially added to my fav list of club cricket teams. Will be following the entire IPL nonetheless, with a keen interest on Kolkata as well.

bdchamp20
March 3, 2008, 01:03 PM
what annoys me about this whole IPL deal is that someone in the team will be earning nearly Tk. 1 crore a year while the others will have to be content with Tk. 15 lakhs a year...now it is only human that other players would want to earn some money and would wanna show themselves as aggressive players to earn cash but players like Mushfiq are not aggressive but to earn money they would have to play fake and that will cause pressure on them and would mean bad performances

AsifTheManRahman
March 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
But players like Mushfiq won't get selected in the first place. I thought most teams have dhum dharakka players?

bdchamp20
March 3, 2008, 01:10 PM
But players like Mushfiq won't get selected in the first place. I thought most teams have dhum dharakka players?
I meant in the Bangladesh team not the IPL teams

bdchamp20
March 4, 2008, 03:06 PM
What I'm trying to say Asif is that the other players in the Bangladesh team would feel bad when they see Ashraful coming in training on his BMW, using the latest cellphone, and wearing expensive watches and glasses and everything else that he can afford with his Tk. 1 crore while the others are using inferior stuff thats just going to cause division and I hope Ashraful doesnt start acting high-class, u know?

Murad
March 4, 2008, 05:29 PM
I think ASh is one of the most sincere person in the Bangladesh team. He doesn't act anything stupid.

He already earns a lot of money.

I've been seeing him wearing the same cheap watch for last 3 yrs. He earns more than a Lakh per months but still....

Murad
March 4, 2008, 05:46 PM
This is what players will get from IPL. Not the money from AUCTION. This the contraced amount for players. Not all the players are listed here.

All the money in USD

Australia Shane Waren 400,000, Justin Langer 175,000

Sri Lanka Farveez Maharoof: 150,000, Kumar Sangakkara: 250,000, Mahela Jaywardene: 250,000, Muttiah Muralitharan: 250,000, Sanath Jayasuriya: 250,000, Nuwan Zoysa: 100,000, Dilhara Fernando: 150,000, Chaminda Vaas: 175,000, Lasith Malinga: 200,000

Pakistan Mohammad Asif 225,000, Shahid Afridi: 225,000, Shoaib Akhtar: 225,000, Younus Khan: 225,000

West Indies Shivnarine Chanderpaul 175,000

New Zealand Daniel Vettori 225,000, Jacob Oram 200,000, Scott Styris 150,000, Brendon McCullum 175,000

South Africa Loots Bosman 150,000, AB de Villiers 175,000, Albie Morkel 200,000, Graeme Smith 225,000, Herschelle Gibbs 225,000, Shaun Pollock 200,000, Ashwell Prince 150,000, Makhaya Ntini 175,000, Mark Boucher 175,000, Jacques Kallis 200,000.

Cricinfo (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/325750.html)

bdchamp20
March 5, 2008, 02:34 PM
2nd IPL auction on the 11th of March..we might see some Bangladeshi players on the list, but it wont be as exciting as the first auction as most of the teams have either reached or surpassed the salary cap

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 08:23 AM
Pakistan's Misbah-ul-Haq, Australia's Shane Watson, and Mohammad Ashraful, the Bangladesh captain, are among 18 players included in the second Indian Premier League (IPL) to be held in Mumbai on March 11. The list is made up of seven New Zealanders, four Australians, three Pakistanis, two Bangladeshis, one Sri Lankan and South African each but no England cricketers.

The injury-prone Watson has not played for Australia since the World Cup and he has struggled during Queensland's Pura Cup campaign. He earned a recall to the national side for the CB Series but nagging leg problems cut forced him out again. Misbah, who was not in the circle for the initial auction, is a big draw given his Twenty20 success this past season.

Mohammad Yousuf and Ashwell Prince, who failed to be picked up by any of the eight franchises at the main auction last month, will be auctioned again.

"There are 13 other foreign players who have shown keen interest to play in the first season," a top BCCI official told IANS. These include Shaun Tait, on a self-imposed indefinite break from cricket, Brad Hogg, who recently retired, West Indies' Dwayne Smith, and Yasir Hameed, the Pakistan batsman. Seven other Australians have also apparently expressed interest.

The IPL permits each franchise buy more foreign players outside the list of 18 if they inform the tournament officials about who they are interested in. The IPL organisers would then negotiate the players' base prices and try and secure No-Objection Certificates (NOCs) from the respective country boards.

This auction is expected to be relatively smaller than the first, which raked in US$42 million. The eight franchise owners still have unspent money, a factor which has necessitated a second auction. They are: $374,000 (Bangalore), $23,750 (Chennai), $71,250 (Delhi), $262,500 (Hyderabad), $1,700,000 (Jaipur), $107,500 (Kolkata), $292,250 (Mohali) and $53,750 (Mumbai).

"If a team overspends $5 million on players who were initially not available but become available later, the excess expenditure will be ignored," said the official. "Also, player fees for Indian players who were not in the auction do not count against the $5m purse. There will be no more auctions this season."

All team owners have to finalise their squads 30 days before the start of the 2008 season, which is March 19. The IPL kicks off on April 18.

Players for second auction:
Pakistan: Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq; South Africa: Ashwell Prince; New Zealand: Ross Taylor, Peter Fulton, Jamie How, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin, James Franklin; Australia: Brad Hodge, Shane Watson, James Hopes, Luke Pomersbach; Sri Lanka: Prasanna Jayawardene; Bangladesh: Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza.

Players who have expressed their interest:
Australia: Shaun Marsh, Brad Hogg, Shaun Tait, Adam Voges, Mick Lewis, Darren Lehmann, Allan Wise, Aiden Blizzard, Adam Crosthwaite; South Africa: Goolam Bodi; Pakistan: Yasir Hameed; West Indies: Kieran Powell, Dwayne Smith.

© Cricinfo

bdchamp20
March 9, 2008, 08:25 AM
Pakistan's Misbah-ul-Haq, Australia's Shane Watson, and Mohammad Ashraful, the Bangladesh captain, are among 18 players included in the second Indian Premier League (IPL) to be held in Mumbai on March 11. The list is made up of seven New Zealanders, four Australians, three Pakistanis, two Bangladeshis, one Sri Lankan and South African each but no England cricketers.

The injury-prone Watson has not played for Australia since the World Cup and he has struggled during Queensland's Pura Cup campaign. He earned a recall to the national side for the CB Series but nagging leg problems cut forced him out again. Misbah, who was not in the circle for the initial auction, is a big draw given his Twenty20 success this past season.

Mohammad Yousuf and Ashwell Prince, who failed to be picked up by any of the eight franchises at the main auction last month, will be auctioned again.

"There are 13 other foreign players who have shown keen interest to play in the first season," a top BCCI official told IANS. These include Shaun Tait, on a self-imposed indefinite break from cricket, Brad Hogg, who recently retired, West Indies' Dwayne Smith, and Yasir Hameed, the Pakistan batsman. Seven other Australians have also apparently expressed interest.

The IPL permits each franchise buy more foreign players outside the list of 18 if they inform the tournament officials about who they are interested in. The IPL organisers would then negotiate the players' base prices and try and secure No-Objection Certificates (NOCs) from the respective country boards.

This auction is expected to be relatively smaller than the first, which raked in US$42 million. The eight franchise owners still have unspent money, a factor which has necessitated a second auction. They are: $374,000 (Bangalore), $23,750 (Chennai), $71,250 (Delhi), $262,500 (Hyderabad), $1,700,000 (Jaipur), $107,500 (Kolkata), $292,250 (Mohali) and $53,750 (Mumbai).

"If a team overspends $5 million on players who were initially not available but become available later, the excess expenditure will be ignored," said the official. "Also, player fees for Indian players who were not in the auction do not count against the $5m purse. There will be no more auctions this season."

All team owners have to finalise their squads 30 days before the start of the 2008 season, which is March 19. The IPL kicks off on April 18.

Players for second auction:
Pakistan: Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq; South Africa: Ashwell Prince; New Zealand: Ross Taylor, Peter Fulton, Jamie How, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin, James Franklin; Australia: Brad Hodge, Shane Watson, James Hopes, Luke Pomersbach; Sri Lanka: Prasanna Jayawardene; Bangladesh: Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza.

Players who have expressed their interest:
Australia: Shaun Marsh, Brad Hogg, Shaun Tait, Adam Voges, Mick Lewis, Darren Lehmann, Allan Wise, Aiden Blizzard, Adam Crosthwaite; South Africa: Goolam Bodi; Pakistan: Yasir Hameed; West Indies: Kieran Powell, Dwayne Smith.

© Cricinfo
So I guess Ash will hav to play for whoever buys him not for Delhi, but looking at the players he is competing against and the amount of money the teams have left...I dont think he will make a lot

zainab
March 9, 2008, 09:27 AM
Ash probably wont be picked, he has n ot performed well recently. If he is picked, it will be for small money, which he will probably turn down anyhow.
I am surprised that they have picked Zoysa from SR Lanka, he has not played in international cricket for years, I dont think he is better than Ashraful.

bdmoderator
March 9, 2008, 03:51 PM
I will offcourse support Kolkata.

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 11:04 AM
Abdur Rajjak Raj so far the only Bangladeshi player in the league...he was snapped up by Bangalore Royal Challengers...Ashraful and Mashrafe are unbought at the auction and Rafique has 7 days to sign for a club if he is going to play this season...Kolkata Dark Knights still have my support

sadi
March 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
In the event, all available players were signed on except Pakistan's Mohammed Yousuf, who had also missed out in the first round.

Destiny, huh? He could've played for ICL but chose not to honor his contract and play in IPL where noone wants him.

sadi
March 11, 2008, 01:23 PM
So here is the squad after today's auction:

SQUADS
BANGALORE: Rahul Dravid (capt-IND), Jacques Kallis (RSA), Anil Kumble (IND), Cameron White (AUS), Zaheer Khan (IND), Mark Boucher (RSA), Nathan Bracken (AUS), Dale Steyn (RSA), Shivnarine Chanderpaul (WIS), Wasim Jaffer (IND), Misbah-ul Haq (PAK), Virat Kohli (IND), Abdur Razzak (BAN), Ross Taylor (NZL), Shreevats Goswami (IND).

CHENNAI: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt-IND)), Jacob Oram (NZL), Suresh Raina (IND), Albie Morkel (RSA), Muttiah Muralidaran (SRI), Matthew Hayden (AUS), Michael Hussey (AUS), Stephen Fleming (NZL), Parthiv Patel (IND), Joginder Sharma (IND), Makhaya Ntini (RSA), Napoleon Einstein (IND), Abhinav Mukund (IND).

DELHI: Virender Sehwag (capt-IND), Gautam Gambhir (IND), Manoj Tiwary (IND), Mohammad Asif (PAK), Daniel Vettori (NZL), Dinesh Karthik (IND), Shoaib Malik (PAK), Glenn McGrath (AUS), Abraham de Villiers (RSA), Tillekeratne Dicapt-IND)), Andrew Symonds (AUS), Rudra Pratap Singh (IND), Rohit Sharma (IND), Adam Gilchrist (AUS), Shahid Afridi (PAK), Herschelle Gibbs (RSA), Chaminda Vaas (SRI), Scott Styris (NZL), Nuwan Zoysa (SRI), Chamara Silva (SRI).

JAIPUR: Shane Warne (capt-AUS)), Yusuf Pathan (IND), Graeme Smith (RSA), Mohammad Kaif (IND), Munaf Patel (IND), Younis Khan (PAK), Justin Langer (AUS), Kamran Akmal (PAK), Dimitri Mascarenhas (ENG), Shane Watson (AUS), Morne Morkel (RSA), Sohail Tanvir (PAK), Taruwar Kohli (IND), Ravindra Jadeja (IND).

KOLKATA: Sourav Ganguly (capt-IND), Ishant Sharma (IND), Chris Gayle (WIS), Brendon McCullum (NZL), David Hussey (AUS), Shoaib Akhtar (PAK), Murali Kartik (IND), Ricky Ponting (AUS), Ajit Agarkar (IND), Umar Gul (PAK), Tatenda Taibu (ZIM), Salman Butt (PAK), Mohammad Hafeez (PAK), Siddarth Kaul (IND), Iqbal Abdullah (IND).

MOHALI: Yuvraj Singh (capt-IND)), Irfan Pathan (IND), Brett Lee (AUS), Kumar Sangakkara (SRI), Shanthakumaran Sreesanth (IND), Mahela Jayawardene (SRI), Piyush Chawla (IND), Ramnaresh Sarwan (WIS), Simon Katich (AUS), Ramesh Powar (IND), James Hopes (AUS), Luke Pomersbach (AUS), Kyle Mills (NZL), Tanmay Srivastava (IND), Ajitesh Argal (IND).

MUMBAI: Sachin Tendulkar (capt-IND), Sanath Jayasuriya (SRI), Harbhajan Singh (IND), Robin Uthappa (IND), Shaun Pollock (RSA), Lasith Malinga (SRI), Loots Bosman (RSA), Dilhara Fernando (SRI), Ashwell Prince (RSA), Saurabh Tiwary (IND), Manish Pandey (IND).

Tigers_eye
March 11, 2008, 01:38 PM
Among the teams Bangalore is the weakest (T20). Had this been test matches they would have been one of the strongest.

Good see McGrath-Warne back in action. I wish Dada would make Ponting work his rear off. he is getting the big bucks after all.

Mumbai is the second weakest. The get Tendu out they are finished. If they get Mash and Ash they become somewhat decent still weak.

Warne is the only non-Indian to be a captain. Yet he never captained a test or an ODIs. Interesting!!

bdchamp20
March 11, 2008, 04:00 PM
This is my IPL XI so far:
CHRIS GAYLE(KOLKATA)
HERSCELLE GIBBS(DELHI)
TILLEKERATNE DILSHAN(DELHI)
YUVRAJ SINGH(MOHALI)
MAHENDRA DHONI(CHENNAI)
SHAHID AFRIDI(DELHI)
SHAUN POLLOCK(MUMBAI)
IRFAN PATHAN(MOHALI)
DANIEL VETTORI(DELHI)
ABDUR RAJJAK(BANGALORE)
DALE STEYN(BANGALORE)

I agree with Tigers_Eye...Bangalore looks very weak and I think that even after spending the most money Chennai still doesnt have a good team...Jaipur also doesnt impress me but I think they do have a few good players in Warne, Smith and Tanvir. Mumbai and Mohali look ok...but the tournament I think this year will be either Delhi's or Kolkata's(not because I support them), although in my XI I have only 1 player from Kolkata, their team combination looks very good and if Rafique comes in it will improve and Delhi have lots of T20 superstars in their team. And as Sadi u havent included the Hyderabad squad I cant analyse it!!

bdchamp20
March 31, 2008, 03:50 PM
Destiny, huh? He could've played for ICL but chose not to honor his contract and play in IPL where noone wants him.
no one wants him because of the legal troubles with the ICL.

AsifTheManRahman
March 31, 2008, 04:16 PM
What happened to Rafique and his Kolkata offer?

RazabQ
March 31, 2008, 04:21 PM
Who cares. Not in the least interested in paid slogathons where bowlers are expected to serve offerings to the alter of wham-bam-fetch-it. Yes I know this is a bit of a flame :)

bdchamp20
April 1, 2008, 11:25 AM
What happened to Rafique and his Kolkata offer?
Don't have a clue. Guess it was all a rumour spread by...

KnightBD
April 1, 2008, 02:21 PM
Bangalore because of Razzak. :)
Then Kolkata because of proximity ;)

auntu
April 1, 2008, 02:45 PM
r u guyz sure 'jote goje toto borshe na' will not happen here?

Ishtylish cricketer
April 1, 2008, 05:13 PM
Kolkata looks strong but don't want to support them just because I'm a bengali and have relatives there. I will be supporting Mumbai mainly because of Tendulkar. Mumbai doesn't have as many star batsmen in their line up as some of the other teams, but who needs more batting when you have Tendulkar and Jayasuriya opening a 20/20 match. Bowling is very good though. SL pacers in Dilhara Fernando and Lasith Malinga, left are seamers of Aasish Nehra, the ever realiable Pollock, spin wiz Bhaji. Lacks a good keeper but rest look ok.

rishi
April 2, 2008, 04:54 AM
Among the teams Bangalore is the weakest (T20). Had this been test matches they would have been one of the strongest.

Good see McGrath-Warne back in action. I wish Dada would make Ponting work his rear off. he is getting the big bucks after all.

Mumbai is the second weakest. The get Tendu out they are finished. If they get Mash and Ash they become somewhat decent still weak.

Warne is the only non-Indian to be a captain. Yet he never captained a test or an ODIs. Interesting!!

I thing Mumbai has a good side...you can pick only 4 international players..jayasuriya and pollock will be available for the entire season..they dont need to pick any ash or someone...they just need one good middle order batsman...i thing they can go for clarke or someone if he is available next time or flintoff for next season..no need to pick ash or mash....as they would have to sit on bench..so they are better of playing bangladesh league...;)

BANFAN
April 2, 2008, 03:13 PM
Kolkata will top the chart for too many non cricketing reasons.

1. Cousins of Tigers
2. Dada
3. SRK

Of course they also made a good team.

bdchamp20
April 3, 2008, 12:38 PM
Kolkata will top the chart for too many non cricketing reasons.

1. Cousins of Tigers
2. Dada
3. SRK

Of course they also made a good team.
haha...exactly

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2008, 12:43 PM
I see the IPL practice matches are going on full swing. Check out the score:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvrsa/engine/current/match/332912.html

Murad
April 3, 2008, 12:45 PM

:lol: :lol:

Mijan bhai.. aar lojja diyennna..

dekhenna shorome shob palaise.... :-D

bdchamp20
April 4, 2008, 08:55 AM
haha...20 overs

bdchamp20
April 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
IPL kicks of tomorrow...first match Royal Challengers v. Knight Riders...3.30pm UK time

AsifTheManRahman
April 17, 2008, 04:08 PM
Ok, change in support. I'll be rooting for Bangalore, because of Razzak.

MohammedC
April 25, 2008, 08:07 AM
Interesting comparison of Powerplay (first 6 overs) V Last 6 over

http://img.cricinfo.com/SERIES/2007-08/IPL/powerplaysvlast6overs.jpg

Powerplay is loosing out by miles.

Tigers_eye
April 25, 2008, 03:40 PM
Powerplay is loosing out by miles.
Still if our Capitano and think tank learns anything!!! we need to have powerplay settings all throughout the match. Be it 20 overs, 50 overs or 90 overs a day. :D

Tigers_eye
April 25, 2008, 03:42 PM
Among the teams Bangalore is the weakest (T20). Had this been test matches they would have been one of the strongest...

I thing Mumbai has a good side...you can pick only 4 international players..jayasuriya and pollock will be available for the entire season..they dont need to pick any ash or someone...they just need one good middle order batsman...i thing they can go for clarke or someone if he is available next time or flintoff for next season..no need to pick ash or mash....as they would have to sit on bench..so they are better of playing bangladesh league...;)
Rishi baba,
guru'r kotha shob shomoi manba (Always listen to the guru).

BANFAN
April 26, 2008, 05:05 AM
If any one thinks that any BD player can make into these IPL sides, what we have seen so far.

They are fooling themselves.

English players and many other players of the test playing countries are yet to join.

Razzaq, i am not sure if he will get a match. May be after the Ausies and some others pull out for any prior commitment.

Russell2k7
April 28, 2008, 01:12 AM
I find IPL to be bhua and distracting. I mean even Warne hits 466 to win a match, lol.

Kabir
April 28, 2008, 09:12 AM
I wasn't aware of this, but this weekend I got to learn that in ICL and IPL, each team is only allowed to play 4 international players out of their 11 men squad? Is that true?

If it is...then I've lost even the minimum respect I had for the tournament, and all the players who are playing in it.

KnightBD
April 28, 2008, 10:00 AM
I want to officially change my voting from Bangalore to Kalkatta. My only reason to support Bangalore was our Razzak will play a key role. But Drabid seems to ignore BD Razzak as unknown indian polapains are getting nod ahead of Razzak. I hate Drabid.

Protic
April 28, 2008, 04:01 PM
Its only because of the limit they have set to take foreign players..too bad..even bangladeshi players are FOREIGN players :D

Alien
April 30, 2008, 10:09 AM
Mumbai vs Bangalore match is delayed by power failure. This just shows that India is incapable of holding a major tournament.

They should rethink twice their decision to host the next Commonwealth Games.

Sovik
April 30, 2008, 11:36 AM
I am supporting Mumbai. They have sachin, jayasuriya, bravo and pollock

bharat
April 30, 2008, 02:11 PM
Mumbai vs Bangalore match is delayed by power failure. This just shows that India is incapable of holding a major tournament.

They should rethink twice their decision to host the next Commonwealth Games.

Thats a very harsh statement Alien ..with 2 Asian Games,2 cricket WC India has done its bit and done it sucesfully.

This is afterall a 'domestic tourney' ..with the new financial muscle India sure can match the best.

Leave alone the commenwealth, India is bidding for the Asian games followed by the Olympics.Dont be suprised if you see the Asain games in India the next decade followed by the Olympics in the next next.

Afterall India is the best bet to get these games in this part of the world.Dont u agree ;)

sadi
May 1, 2008, 12:04 PM
Knight Riders are in big trouble now. They lost three in a row. Shahrukh gelo koi?

Alien
May 1, 2008, 06:53 PM
Afterall India is the best bet to get these games in this part of the world.Dont u agree ;)

I got no issues in India getting these games, but I think India is better off hosting no games than hosting say the Commonwealth Games and have a power failure during opening ceremony or something similar.

Besides, IPL is not like your ordinary domestic cricket. It's worth big bucks, big audience (worldwide mind you), and big players.

Alien
May 1, 2008, 06:56 PM
I was initially going for Kolkata but now I'll switch for Rajesthan coz of Warney.

Cash$$$
May 1, 2008, 10:14 PM
another controversy....this time Shane Warne vs Dada!

Protic
May 1, 2008, 10:39 PM
I think Kolkata Knight Riders will buy Ashraful.. or Aftab.. i have a feeling.. !!

Anyway.. guys..Chennai Super Kings won 4 out of 4 ! Dhoni dude is really lucky..

stuge
May 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
Anyway ,Today is the match b/w Daredevil and Super kings .I will be supporting Daredevils:).

Alien
May 2, 2008, 08:38 AM
another controversy....this time Shane Warne vs Dada!

Yeah, I kind of go with Dada. It was a freaking catch and was given not out anyway. It's one thing to walk Gilly style knowing you are out but another thing when you know you are not out. It's walking without nicking the ball in slips.

Baundule
May 2, 2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I kind of go with Dada. It was a freaking catch and was given not out anyway. It's one thing to walk Gilly style knowing you are out but another thing when you know you are not out. It's walking without nicking the ball in slips.

I have watched the video. Dada was 'strongly' asking the umpire for something (probably a referal to the third umpire). Actually, a batsman has no right to do so. He could very well be standing in his crease, until the umpire signalled something; but he can not act on influencing the umpire's decision.

The other points mentioned by Warne, e.g., the delay to be in the field, is also serious. I did not like the way Dada tried to defend himself. He was pointing on what Warne is, in stead of focusing on his own faults. Even if Warne is the most notorious guy in the history of cricket, that does not make his statement about Ganguly being late in the field false.

Ganguly must learn that he should not carry his 'princess' status in the field and he must not try to influence the umpires.

Mohiul
May 3, 2008, 08:42 AM
I will support Bangalore when they put Razzak in thier playing eleven

Nafi
May 3, 2008, 09:52 AM
I think Kolkata Knight Riders will buy Ashraful.. or Aftab.. i have a feeling.. !!

Only if they perform in the triangular series

bdchamp20
May 3, 2008, 10:50 AM
Raj still being ignored by Bangalore, but the way Kumble got battered today by the Chargers, hopefully will make them realize of Raj's potential.

bdchamp20
May 3, 2008, 10:56 AM
So who do you guys think will reach the finals, I wouldve said Kolkata but I realised that they completely depend on a few players and now that they are gone I'd say the Knight Riders are the weakest team in the tournament. I back the Royals, Chargers, Daredevils and the Super Kings to reach the semis with the final being played between the Delhi Daredevils and the Chennai Super Kings. The match will be tight but Dhoni will inspire the Super Kings to just scrape past Daredevils to the trophy.

bdchamp20
May 3, 2008, 11:57 AM
I forgot, its Punjab vs Kolkata today...Preity vs. SRK! The Knight Riders are being destroyed

Sovik
May 3, 2008, 01:15 PM
SRK's team is on a loosing streak

akabir77
May 4, 2008, 09:47 AM
all live links have been removed... no ipl watching today...

Mohiul
May 4, 2008, 11:49 AM
Sohail Tanvir 6/14. WOW!! what a bowling figure in twenty20.

chennai v rajstan (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl/engine/current/match/336005.html)

bdchamp20
May 4, 2008, 02:16 PM
Sohail Tanvir 6/14. WOW!! what a bowling figure in twenty20.

chennai v rajstan (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl/engine/current/match/336005.html)
Yup great bowling from Tanvir and excellent performance from the Royals

Mohiul
May 5, 2008, 10:50 AM
Inshallah, Banglalore's every plan without Razzak will go in vain and at a very last point of IPL they will include him in their eleven

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 08:40 AM
De Villers golden duck curtesy to Morkel, lol.

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 08:42 AM
Chennai in trouble. Dhoni and Kapu both gone back to back. RRR 12.75 now.

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 08:42 AM
Last over 15 runs needed.

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 08:44 AM
Shoaib Malik to bowl the last over?? lol
1st ball gone for six.
5 balls remaining 9 runs needed.

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 08:45 AM
Now a wide, lol. 8 runs of 5 balls needed.

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 08:46 AM
outside edge 4 more through 3rd man region. 4 balls remaining 4 runs needed.

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 08:47 AM
game tied last ball single needed.

Tigers_eye
May 8, 2008, 08:48 AM
lol, chennai wins. :)

sadi
May 8, 2008, 08:50 AM
I am sure Shoaib Malik is loving it now. :)

Mohiul
May 8, 2008, 10:54 AM
Shewag experienced his own medicine in the hand of Morkel who smacked (666401) 23 from his(Sh.) one over

Mohiul
May 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
Guys!!!! enjoy boundaries. Jaysauria is dealing with boundaries, mostly with sixes

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
Looks like the game between the Chargers and the DareDevils was pretty tense till the end of the 19th over, but the Chargers seem to be giving it all away.

Sovik
May 15, 2008, 04:37 PM
Shoaib Vs Sachin and Jayasuria Vs Ishanth . should be a cracker.

bdchamp20
May 17, 2008, 05:53 AM
Raj finally playing today cant wait to see him bowl

Mohiul
May 17, 2008, 06:36 AM
Raj is hammered for 17 in his one over

bdchamp20
May 17, 2008, 07:05 AM
I am now officially converting from a Knight Rider into a Rajasthan Royal!

AsifTheManRahman
May 17, 2008, 10:42 AM
Oh man, Bangalore are such losers :D

Sovik
May 17, 2008, 01:40 PM
7.6 Bhatia to Jayawardene, SIX, Jaywardene wrecks a good over by swiveling across his stumps and putting away a long hop high over deep midwicket

this hit got punjab out of trouble

Sovik
May 18, 2008, 01:50 PM
mumbai won 6 matches in a row

Sovik
May 18, 2008, 02:11 PM
talk about worldcup 2007 being too long. how about IPL. its been almost a month and still going

al-Sagar
May 19, 2008, 02:30 AM
talk about worldcup 2007 being too long. how about IPL. its been almost a month and still going

its a leaugue so it can be long where every team plays everybody.

now the english premier leaugue (football) it takes 9-10 months.

Bengaliprince176
May 19, 2008, 01:03 PM
korbo lorbo harbo re........:(

rubel_18
May 19, 2008, 03:33 PM

LOL I see the funny and the downside to that, wow long time no see BP its been vry long since u were on BC

cricket_dorshok
May 19, 2008, 09:07 PM
:floor::floor::floor:

Sovik
May 21, 2008, 07:03 AM
mumbai should have retained pollock as captain.

Sovik
May 27, 2008, 03:51 PM
mumbai was doing well under pollock's captaincy.

Alien
May 29, 2008, 08:14 AM
This new guy Shaun Marsh is doing terrific. 5 half centuries and 1 century last game out of 10 matches. Average is 74 or something. Last night I loved every single shot he played against Rajesthan with total control and precision.

He is a domestic cricketer, how did he end up in IPL anyway? I thought they only got players from national teams of foreign countries and only Indian domestic cricketers.

AsifTheManRahman
May 29, 2008, 09:05 AM
He's hardly new to T20 cricket and was pretty famous for his heroics in the shortest version even before the IPL. Isn't he more expensive than Ponting?

Alien
May 29, 2008, 10:24 AM
No idea how much he's worth. He replaced Katich. I never heard of him before and at first thought he was South African. Also, he missed the first four game of Punjab (because Katich was there) and now the top scorer in IPL.

Yesterdays Rajesthan team was nothing but minnows without Warne and Tanvir the 2 big guns. Everyone got belted badly.

bdchamp20
May 29, 2008, 10:58 AM
This new guy Shaun Marsh is doing terrific. 5 half centuries and 1 century last game out of 10 matches. Average is 74 or something. Last night I loved every single shot he played against Rajesthan with total control and precision.

He is a domestic cricketer, how did he end up in IPL anyway? I thought they only got players from national teams of foreign countries and only Indian domestic cricketers.
He isnt the only domestic player without int'l experience. Brett Geeves anther Aussie who plays for the DareDevils is one too.

Sovik
May 29, 2008, 06:06 PM
he is the son of Geoff Marsh. i had heard of him before. actually he is in my "EA cricket 2005" western australia team

Rabz
May 30, 2008, 09:55 AM
The much anticipated semis begins.
Frankly, i want Rajasthan Royals to whip Delhi's a**.

They deserve to be the champions,
period.

Rabz
May 30, 2008, 09:59 AM
..Who says Graeme Smith is injured....
with shots like that he hardly needs to run anyway....

Royals are flying....

Rabz
May 30, 2008, 10:01 AM
What a drop by Maharoof!

This could be costly for the Daredevils.

Royals 47-0 in 5.2

bdchamp20
May 30, 2008, 11:19 AM
Royals vs. DareDevils the 2nd full IPL match I am watching gotta say its pretty exciting. I lost interest after the first match. I think the IPL should shorten the tournament for next season and invite more foreign players(ie Bangladeshi)

BANFAN
May 30, 2008, 11:32 AM
Though RR couldn't put a target as was thought initially, but i think 193 might just be enough. If Shehwag doesn't stay till end, that's tough for DD. RR has a good bowling attack.

Rabz
May 30, 2008, 11:41 AM
Sehwag gone!

it would be a mommoth task for the DD to win from here.

bdchamp20
May 30, 2008, 11:54 AM
I think its safe to say the Royals are in the finals!

bdchamp20
May 30, 2008, 11:55 AM
Excellent field set by Warne

Rabz
May 30, 2008, 12:01 PM
28-4.

This match is all over.

BANFAN
May 30, 2008, 12:13 PM
No way, DD is out.

45/4 from 9 overs? Game is over virtually.

BANFAN
May 30, 2008, 12:46 PM
DD 82/9 after 15 ov. Superboaring 2nd half of the match, not enjoying the match at all.

BANFAN
May 30, 2008, 01:02 PM
DD 87 all out in 17.1 ov

RR wins by 105 runs !! To Finals !!

Bengaliprince176
May 30, 2008, 02:28 PM
Rajahstan played superbly, they desrved it, throughout the tourney they have been playing great! i wanted Delhi to win because of Tiwary's inclusion and Sehwag and Gambhir's explosive combination, but that was all lost once they went out cheaply....

Go PUNJAB!!

Bengaliprince176
May 30, 2008, 02:29 PM
LOL I see the funny and the downside to that, wow long time no see BP its been vry long since u were on BC

exams bro! exams....:hairpull: how did urs go? 100% in everything im assuiming?? ;)

BANFAN
May 31, 2008, 11:06 AM
KXIP is just BHUA.

112/8 in 20 ov, courtesy of OW Powar.

Yuvi's mistake, opting to bat winning the toss.

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 04:12 AM
Final today, I have a strong feeling Chennai will nick the trophy from Warne's Royals.

Sohel
June 1, 2008, 07:40 AM
Tendy, Rahul, Dada and VVS all failed to take their teams to the semis.

UV's boys losing like that to Dhoni and Goni was surprising. I guess team cohesion matters. The less said about my DILLI DARDAWEELZ the better.

Rooting for Chennai to go ATW and for this thing to end. No more cricket-illiterate pretty boys and girls parroting phrases and US media speech patters in the PAWILIAN.

AND NO MORE AAMIR SOHAIL and his KARKAT-KAMENTREE in the gravest of voices ... :joy:

RIWELAYSHAN of the IPL for me: Marsh, Gauti, Watson, Irfan and Goni.

Roni_uk
June 1, 2008, 09:05 AM
Any live vdo links for the final?

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 09:29 AM
The Finals are here!
.... gone past 45 days of exciting cricket!.

good on ya IPL.

..and go Rajasthan Royals.
You deserve to win it.

Go Warne.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 09:30 AM
Shane wins the toss and decides to bowl first.

..hoping this would be a cracker of a game.

Yasin
June 1, 2008, 09:32 AM
Rabz - is this the match thread?

No Graeme Smith, Kamran Akmal is there in his place.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 09:58 AM
well, we can make this one the match thread...
no need to for a special one i guess....

yap..read in the news today that Smithy is out...
too bad...he has been a star performer for the Royals.

abdulmukit
June 1, 2008, 10:00 AM
anyone have soapcat link for ipl final?

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
i think some guy posted a link on some other thread....

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 10:09 AM
30-0,

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 10:10 AM
30-0, CSK is off to a good start here.

abdulmukit
June 1, 2008, 10:13 AM
are you watching it live rabz?

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 10:17 AM
Vidyut departs.
Good catch by Jadeja.

CSK 39-1.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 10:18 AM
are you watching it live rabz?

yes, my freind.
Watching it on Set Max on my tele.

one of those perks of living in BD.

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 10:25 AM
Looks like its going to be an exciting climax this time, the semi-finals were soooo one-sided!

abdulmukit
June 1, 2008, 10:26 AM
ok rabz thankx but i finaly found a link

http://www.iplcricket.co.in/ipl_feed1.html

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 10:27 AM
The Super Kings need to score around 200 to be safe, because if Yusuf, Watson, Asnodkar and Akmal fire for the Royals, 180-190 wont be a problem for them.

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 10:29 AM
TVAnts is the best way to watch IPL, no interruptions and excellent quality.

abdulmukit
June 1, 2008, 10:29 AM
55- 1 shane warne bowling

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 10:35 AM
This is the crucial partnership for Chennal, if these two can stick for 5 more overs it will be very helpful for Chennai and then Dhoni and Morkel can come in and hit a few big ones however if the Royals can get a wicket now, everything can fall apart.

abdulmukit
June 1, 2008, 10:35 AM
patel gone 64-2

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
164 to chase.
i think the Royals can do it.

Murad
June 1, 2008, 12:05 PM
I want Royals to win this match.

I don't want to hear any more craps from Dhoni after winning.

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 12:28 PM
Looks like Dhoni's lucky when it comes to finals, Chennai have the upper hand at the moment but Yusuf Pathan and Shane Watson in the middle for the Royals if anyone can do it its these two.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
Drama drama drama...
good on ya Billy
that was a really good decision...

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 12:40 PM
this could the turning point...
Pathan dropped by Patil....

things are slowly swinging back to Royals way....

86 of 55

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 12:48 PM
2 H U G E six by Pathan..
and RR back in the match...

this is going down to the wires...

62 of 42 needed....

Murad
June 1, 2008, 12:52 PM
damn this yousuf guy is gonna play against us next.

im worried. he will hit for a lot of 4s and 6s against our bowling.
espeicallly against rajjak

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 12:56 PM

Dont worry I dont think he will have a much of an impact. He's gonna hit a few 4s and will be out before u know it.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 12:56 PM
Murali strikes!
Watson gone...

the match is swinging on the pendullum.....

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 12:57 PM

Dont take Rajjak so lightly...
it wont be that easy

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 01:00 PM
Is this tense? I think Chennai will nick it. Kaif will flop, he is way too defensive. Royals' only hope is Yusuf.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 01:08 PM
25 of 19 needed.
RR loses Kaif.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 01:11 PM
Jadeja playing such a rash shot....
6 down for the Royals.

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 01:12 PM
Kaif choked...

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 01:13 PM
The Royals are just throwing the match away

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 01:15 PM
Raina hits a jem!
Pathan the main man is out.

this is tense!

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 01:17 PM
19 of 13 needed!

C'mon Warne.

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 01:17 PM
Whats Pathan doing? We might have another injury casualty from the IPL: Muttiah Muralitharan

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 01:18 PM
Pathan gone!

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 01:18 PM
18 of last 2 overs.
still very much possible by the Royals.

Warne needs to repeat his heroics of the Deccan match.

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
19 of 13 needed!

C'mon Warne.
Looks like you're watching ahead of me.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
single taken.

17 of 11.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 01:35 PM
What a game!
what a game!

Rajasthan Royal wins on the last ball.

Go Warne.

They thoroughly deserves it.

Murad
June 1, 2008, 01:47 PM
Dont take Rajjak so lightly...
it wont be that easy

Last 3/4 series, he's the one who got hit for most 6s and 4s. His economy rate for last 3/4 series is over 6.

Nocturnal
June 1, 2008, 01:50 PM
What a finish!!
Good stuff by Warne and Rajasthan Royal !!
Really enjoyed the final match!!

tonoy
June 1, 2008, 01:50 PM
Man, this yusuf pathan will make a curry out of our SLA's. We are so screwed.

Murad
June 1, 2008, 01:54 PM
Watson will be the Man of the Tournament.

bdchamp20
June 1, 2008, 01:58 PM
What a thriller! Go Royals, they'll definetely be my team again next season just hope they sign up some of our lads!

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 02:00 PM
Watson will be the Man of the Tournament.

And he is.

He thoroughly deserves it.

Funny enough, he made me a believer out of him now.

I've always doubted his abilities, but he proved me wrong.
WTG Watson.

Rabz
June 1, 2008, 02:04 PM
what an irony!

The only non-indian guy to captain a team ( initially) lifts the cup.
Even more, the team is owned by an Australian.

The least expensive team with lesser stars turned out to be the best outfit.

WTG Royals.
WTG Warnie.

Alien
June 1, 2008, 07:59 PM
Best value for money was Shaun Marsh. Scored five 50s and one century for $50 lousy 000.

Its stupid how Indian players got so much money and underperformed while foreigners got paid like crap and did a better job.

BANFAN
June 2, 2008, 06:08 AM
Man of the series, Both caps, Champion team, Champ Capt everything went to the foreigners.

Benefit of India apart from making some good money by BCCI, they found a few good players, who will be usefull in ODI and 20-20. I always thought Dhoni was over rated as a player and a captain. As a batsman he still has a lot of gray areas, but as a captain he has proven. Dhoni is the best captain in India.

Next season, we might see many more SA and Ausi young firstclass players, specially after the success of the players like Shaun Marsh and unavailability of the national team players.

Rabz
June 2, 2008, 12:45 PM
Just hope our thick headed morons/bolods can make their way into the league next season.

that will give us a more personal touch to the games.

BANFAN
June 8, 2008, 11:58 AM
One went there (Raz) and he is finished, i'm afraid if more of them would be there what would happen !!