PDA

View Full Version : Tri Series with Pakistan, India and Bangladesh back on !!!

cricman
February 19, 2008, 06:12 PM
How in the world PCB got 38 more ODI for their FTP is beyond me, and they got India to agree on The Tri Series planned that was scrapped by the BCCI ... PCB gets much deserved credit.

We got some idiots working at the BCB I wanna know if they even tried to get us any extra Tests or ODI's?

Before going to Kuala Lumpur, Naghmi and other Board officials visited India and Sri Lanka in a bid to fill in their FTP gaps. According to Naghmi, the Board has managed fruitful results. Apart from lining up new ODIs, Pakistan have also convinced old rivals India to revive a three-nation series that was earlier scrapped because of a hectic schedule. It has now been decided that Pakistan, India and hosts Bangladesh will clash in the tri-series in June ahead of the 2008 Asia Cup to be held in Pakistan later that month.http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=97208

Murad
February 19, 2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the news Cricman bhai...

But it will be raining in Bangladesh in June. Monsoon season... I think most of the match will be washed out..

al Furqaan
February 19, 2008, 06:16 PM
alhamdulillah...good tune up for asia cup. though i know some will clamor that it makes the asia cup redundant. who gives a s___?

this means we will have an extra 4 ODIs (2 each against pak and india) and a good chance to beating either team into the finals. expect india to leave stars at home.

Miraz
February 19, 2008, 06:17 PM
I will reserve my comment until BCCI confirms the news officially.

al Furqaan
February 19, 2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the news Cricman bhai...

But it will be raining in Bangladesh in June. Monsoon season... I think most of the match will be washed out..

in that case all matches should be played at mirpur...the drainage there will ensure that some play will be possible even if the skys open up all the way.

AsifTheManRahman
February 19, 2008, 06:20 PM
These cricket boards are like female psychology students that you date. They screw the bloody hagu out of your brain.

Don't be too surprised if this gets canceled again.

cricman
February 19, 2008, 06:22 PM
in that case all matches should be played at mirpur...the drainage there will ensure that some play will be possible even if the skys open up all the way.

that was the plan from the get go, IPL suffers dearly from this tri-series I wanna see if the BCCI have the audacity to keep Dhoni and Co in the IPL and send a lesser team to the tri series or will these idiots realize it and cancel it again?

Ishtylish cricketer
February 19, 2008, 08:07 PM
It would be an interesting series. Given the current state of Pakistan cricket, I think if Yousuf doesn't play Bd could upset them. Their batting is as inconsistent as ever just like ours. If we catch them on a bad day we could capitalize; most of the pitches in Pakistan are as flat as pancakes. We already upset India twice. Once at home and once in world cup. India's bowling's looking good in the current CB series and I don't know how many of our batters can play Sharma and co. but India's batting doesn't look as sturdy as it used to be with the departure of Ganguly and Dravid. Having said that India will still be hard to beat.

Ajfar
February 19, 2008, 08:17 PM
well u knw BCCI...there is always that wat if???

Eshen
February 19, 2008, 08:18 PM
that was the plan from the get go, IPL suffers dearly from this tri-series I wanna see if the BCCI have the audacity to keep Dhoni and Co in the IPL and send a lesser team to the tri series or will these idiots realize it and cancel it again?
IPL will be over by May, so no worry there.

al-Sagar
February 19, 2008, 11:05 PM
by the time BCCI agrees PCB will chage their minds

kalpurush
February 19, 2008, 11:59 PM
by the time BCCI agrees PCB will chage their minds
[বাংলা]এবং বিসিবি কেব্লার মত তামাশা দেখিবে!!!;):([/বাংলা]

Nafis_BD
February 20, 2008, 12:23 AM
Great news but I would be to sure cause the BCCI could pull out any day. I hope they dont though. I think it wil be a really good tri series for us and will help our team quite a bit as well.

Dhakablues
February 20, 2008, 01:27 AM
Yeah,, none trusting the Indian board. They wont do anything if there aint no money.. Show them the money, they will come. I think rather there should be series with Pakistan/Bangladesh and West Indies. Why? Well it will allow us to see the 3 most unpredictable teams of world cricket bowl out each other and spice up the competition with raw energy and youth..India to me is a bit boring team

BANFAN
February 20, 2008, 05:46 AM
Interesting to see the level of trust BD Fans have on BCCI, specially when it comes to playing BD. So much guided by Laxmi ($) that it is really difficult to trust them.

auntu
February 20, 2008, 06:08 AM
Is this confirm?

Can't resist my self to share u guys that i am watching BC with my DAD. He is 70. A great fan of Cricket and Bangladeshi cricket team too:flag:. He was also a player cricket, hocky, football, batminton you name it.:)

So huge H E L L O from us father n son..:)

tiger_army
February 20, 2008, 08:56 AM
Both BCCI & IPL sucks.........:mad:

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2008, 09:38 AM
Is this confirm?

Can't resist my self to share u guys that i am watching BC with my DAD. He is 70. A great fan of Cricket and Bangladeshi cricket team too:flag:. He was also a player cricket, hocky, football, batminton you name it.:)

So huge H E L L O from us father n son..:)
Welcome uncle (auntu's dad). Great days are ahead of us. We start with England, then SA.

akabir77
February 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
i don't believe this until india arrives in bangladesh... Bagh Bagh boley r koto ber boka banaba?