PDA

View Full Version : Jai Jai Din wants a campaign against Andrew Miller

say
October 25, 2003, 10:24 AM
http://www.jaijaidin.com/oct21/pdf/sports.pdf

Are the JJD folks living in a cocoon?

rafiq
October 25, 2003, 10:49 AM
The sad thing is most people won't read his brilliant pieces on the web, they will go by what JJD is describing. Media conspiracy against Bangladesh - they should be able to get 100 million footsolidiers for this campaign easily, shouldn't they? Poverty has left our nation with so little self-esteem that we react like this when someone merely describes what they see. And Miller devoted 95% of his writing so far to the rich cricketing culture he has witnessed so far, and of course to the cricket itself.

Arnab
October 25, 2003, 10:51 AM
I am not surprised. Jai Jai Din is the Sun or the Mirror of Bangladesh.

Tehsin
October 25, 2003, 05:52 PM
Here's some of Miller's recent work:

"England saved their best for last, and dismissed Bangladesh's heroic challenge with a clinical efficiency this morning. But it was all a little too close for comfort.

Playing Bangladesh these days is rather like a game of Russian roulette. They are a loaded gun, with players who are likely to fire the odd blank here and there. But some team, sometime, is going to come a cropper in the not-too-distant future, and England will be desperately hoping it is not their name on the bullet, at Chittagong next week. "

"For the Bangladeshis, it is another defeat to add to their ever-mounting pile – 24 from 25 Tests, in fact. But it is time to draw a line under their former selves. They have proved here, and in Pakistan and Australia in the past four months, that they are a rising force in world cricket – and that is a fact that deserves to be celebrated."

Cricinfo (http://www-usa.cricket.org/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2003/OCT/379109_BDESHENG2003-04_25OCT2003.html)
==========================
So, they actually want to campaign against the guy who in the past two weeks have done more for BD cricket then any other media personality.

They can just go right ahead and ...... themselves. Nothing they do really matters, does it ?

Are they going against the indivvidual that really deserves it ? Talking about Mr A Shock De Silva.

[Edited on 25-10-2003 by tehsin]

Sham
October 26, 2003, 01:01 AM
Andrew Miller should be celebrated in Bangladesh! Instead, these idiots are starting a campaign against him? For what exactly? I love my country and am proud to be Bengali, but sometimes, these things make me feel really ashamed!

Kana-Baba
October 26, 2003, 02:42 AM
This ‘Jai Jai Din’ sports reporter is absolutely insane or has no sense of cricket. For long time he is involved in this profession. He was mainly a football journalist. So he has no good cricketing sense what we can see from Ronjit Das (Janakantha and free-lance) or Utpal Shuvro(Prothom Alo). Now a days he is writing about cricket which is not surprising as cricket is the most high profile game in BD now. He started to write about cricket to make money and to stay in focus.

I can remember, last year, he published (in Jai Jai Din) a list of 10 sports organizers who should be the best choice for BCB advising committee. Our prime ministers son Arafat Rahman was in his list! I think this guy not only incapable of writing about cricket but also a big time “CHATUKAR”. It is quite clear that he was more interested to get some advantages from ruling party than pursuing his responsibility honestly.

bhobishshot
October 27, 2003, 11:57 AM
Most BD media reporting are low quality and I am not surprised at all.

fwullah
October 28, 2003, 11:11 AM
Don't make a big fuss on what Jai Jai Din says on cricket. They are firstly not a sports mag, and secondly but more importantly, the mag used to be an opposition to any government in Bangladesh until they started supporting BNP recently.

You would love to read and actually 'protest' against the writer when he said in today's Jai Jai Din that Mushfique Babu should be groomed as the future captain, and Alok Kapali should be dropped like Ashraful was dropped.

Sometimes these comments forces him to be a comedy-writer (Romyo Rochona Lekhok).