PDA

View Full Version : Dhoni sold for 6 crores (1.5 million US dollars)

crikss
February 20, 2008, 02:43 PM
India's ODI captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni fetched the highest price in round one of the players' auction of the Indian Premier League in Mumbai on Wendesday.

Dhoni was bought by Indian Cements, owner of the Chennai franchise, for a whopping 1.5 million US dollars, approximately Rs six crore.

Indian Premier League schedule

The bidding process began around 1130 IST at the Hilton Hotel in Mumbai and was attended by all the franchise owners barring Mumbai's Mukesh Ambani.

Buchanan to sign for IPL's Kolkata
r some reason r
Kolkata franchise owner Shah Rukh Khan arrived an hour late with wife Gauri and missed the first round.

Former India captains Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly were also present at the bidding.

After Dhoni, the next highest bid was for Australia's wicketkeeping ace Adam Gilchrist , who was bought by Deccan Chronicle's Hyderabad franchise for US $7,00,000 (around Rs 2.8 crore). His former team mate and spin legend Shane Warne was purchased by Emerging Media's Jaipur franchise form US $4,50,000 (Rs 1.8 crore).

It was not surprising that the Sri Lankan duo of Muttiah Muralitharan and Mahela Jayawardene also fetched high prices.

Muralitharan was the second player bought by Chennai for US $6,00,000. Considering his wife also hails from that region he was one of their top priorities.

Sri Lankan captain Jayawardene was bought by Preity Zinta's Mohali franchise for US $4,75, 000.

Pakistan's troubled speedster Shoaib Akhtar went to Shah Rukh's Kolkata franchise for US $4,25,000.

Source-- ************************/cricket/2008/feb/20bid.htm

Rediff.com is not showing in the URL..:o

Kabir
February 20, 2008, 02:44 PM
Full body? Or the head only?

Did he mention how much he wants for his hair only?

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2008, 02:46 PM
Is this the thread where everyone shows their salesman skills?

I stole and sold my nani's iron rods and broken glasses for kotkoti. Beat that!! Investment nothing, return lots of kotkoti.

Kabir
February 20, 2008, 02:55 PM
:floor:

Post of the month!

Fazal
February 20, 2008, 02:59 PM
Wow!
Dhoni's Dhon was sold for 1.5 million US dollars.

Nasif
February 20, 2008, 03:32 PM

I stole and sold my nani's iron rods and broken glasses for kotkoti. Beat that!! Investment nothing, return lots of kotkoti.

:lol::lol::lol::floor::floor::floor:

Post of the month!

Yamaraj
February 20, 2008, 04:27 PM
Murli Beats Warne even here.

Shane Warne (Aus) : $450,000
Muttiah Muralitharan (SL) : $600,000

Shobha
February 20, 2008, 06:13 PM

you just brought back memories bro:-|
although i must say i wasnt as erm.. despressed as you:-p
i remember trading in glass bottles and old crusty tins pieces for ghee somsom

Shobha
February 21, 2008, 12:40 PM
i like dhoni but he's too overrated.

Rabz
February 21, 2008, 01:22 PM
I dont like Dhoni and he is way too over-rated.
But hey, its not my headache.

Alien
February 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
I wonder what he did to be worth more than anyone else. 4 times more than Ponting or Warne? Get real.

Padosan
February 25, 2008, 11:17 AM
I wonder what he did to be worth more than anyone else. 4 times more than Ponting or Warne? Get real.

Well the franchise thought so ! The advert value of Dhoni in India is easily 4 times greater than warne or ponting.. isnt that real ??

we shouldnt worry abt reality as long as we r not a India cements share holder :)

cheers !
Padosan

bharat
February 25, 2008, 11:56 AM

Well, put simply he is Indian and the other two are not.

sadi
February 25, 2008, 02:09 PM
Dhoni was worth so much because he is an indian and he will be used for advertising in India. It is like buy one, get one free deal. Get the player to play for your franchise and you get them to advertise for your products for free.