PDA

View Full Version : Northern Australia to host Bangaldesh for 2 test in 2010

Mohiul
February 21, 2008, 05:57 AM
Cricket Australia and the Bangladesh Cricket Board met during ICC meetings in Kuala Lumpur. It was agreed to hold the two-Test series in July-August 2010 in northern Australia. Bangladesh's first and only tour of Australia so far was in in July 2003, when they played Tests in Darwin and Cairns in northern Australia.

news source (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/339100.html)

Rabz
February 21, 2008, 06:39 AM
Sounds good to me.
Atleast they are hosting us, which is better than.......

zainab
February 21, 2008, 08:02 AM
I think it is a good idea, under coach Siddons guidance, it will not be a roll over for BD.
2 years is a long time and BD should improve more than 50% than what they are now. The world cup is being played that year too, so BD has a lot to prove in this year.

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2008, 08:59 AM
All the critics of CA, where are you? For future purposes don't jump in to conclusions too early. Hope your naiveness will teach a lesson or two.

- Boss.

sandpiper
February 21, 2008, 09:02 AM
:saint:
All the critics of CA, where are you? For future purposes don't jump in to conclusions too early. Hope your naiveness will teach a lesson or two.

:wave:

Spitfire_x86
February 21, 2008, 09:02 AM
:up: to CA, only if they don't do an "India" again....

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2008, 09:18 AM
:up: to CA, only if they don't do an "India" again....
no one can match BCCI. They are the only one who ..... (one and only with too much arrogance)

Nafi
February 21, 2008, 09:21 AM
Thats good, enough time to get a strong test unit by then.

mshakir56
February 21, 2008, 10:17 AM
We should be a very confident side by 2010 !

brockley
February 21, 2008, 05:42 PM
Looking back this is the best decision,it would have been criminal to have bangladesh aussie series when the olimpics,is on what a killer.
Still 3 one dayers to look forward to a warm up for both for the icc knockout trophy.

tipu_09
February 21, 2008, 08:21 PM
thats loo good

One World
February 21, 2008, 09:51 PM
Its all based on performance. Looks like AUS possess much belief on Siddons. By 2010, we should be ready enough overcoming the 'palpability of the middle order' and 'rush of blood lower order' taking it to the level where BD can survive 4 to maximum days in longer version.

Miraz
March 5, 2008, 12:23 PM
Tough competition expected in bid to host Bangladesh test

Posted 10 hours 42 minutes ago

Map: Darwin 0800 (http://www.abc.net.au/news/maps/map.htm?lat=-12.4668&long=130.8433&caption=Darwin%200800)

Northern Territory Cricket will put in a bid to host at least one test match at Marrara Stadium in 2010.
Cricket Australia has scheduled a two-test series against Bangladesh in July and August, but no venue has been announced.
The head of Northern Territory Cricket says Darwin's bid will receive strong competition from venues in North Queensland.
Andrew Ramsay says NT Cricket will do all it can to secure at least one of the Test matches.
"I believe that there's been money invested in Townsville and Mackay and I suspect there'll be some pressure on Cricket Australia to deliver matches to that region. But at the same time the Northern Territory government and NT Cricket have made significant investments here and in the Territory and we'll be certainly going in hard to lock in a Test if we can."
Bangladesh will be in Darwin later this year for three one-day matches.

Link (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/03/05/2181198.htm?section=sport)

MarufH
March 5, 2008, 01:45 PM
if zims can play in SA as a club team... why cant we play in eeeeeeendiyaaaaaa??

auntu
March 5, 2008, 02:34 PM
Lets face the reality 2 years is good news for us. may be tigers would b able to groom up within this time under Siddons:flag:

zainab
March 6, 2008, 07:27 AM
Two years is indeed a long time to be prepared,but will these young lads improve their performance and mental fortitude for test cricket? Since I have been following BD cricket, their best performances have been the first tests against NZ and SA.
After that, they seem to fall apart and there must be a reason. I hope that Siddons can pinpoint all these failures and do something about it. His contract is up in 2009 and he might not renew.

Hopefully, in the coming tour, they can play a couple of 3 day matches against a few good teams.

brockley
March 6, 2008, 07:58 PM
Bangladesh should do a tour before the series,play the state teams in the aussie comp.
I think it would be good to send the academy team to australia in august.